PDA

View Full Version : MJ fans think he is some kind of GOD 2014 Spurs will destroy any of his bulls team

k0kakw0rld
06-16-2014, 01:11 AM
The truth and nothing you can say about it.

Jordan does not defend 5 positions at the same time.
Jordan never played 1 vs 5 (litterally 1 vs 5) on a court and won.
for the haters, Jordan never won without Pippen :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-16-2014, 01:13 AM
I do agree that there is a lot of ridiculous mythology surrounding MJ but some of those Bulls teams could have beaten these Spurs.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 01:14 AM
I think those 90's Bulls teams beat the 2014 Spurs, however if you replace LeBron with Jordan on this years Heat team I still think they lose

TheMan
06-16-2014, 01:14 AM

So-so troll attempt...

Up ya game sparky

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 01:15 AM
8th seed Dallas Mavericks, Thunder with Ibaka>>>>'96 Bulls :applause:

oarabbus
I think those 90's Bulls teams beat the 2014 Spurs, however if you put Jordan on the 2014 Heat I still think they lose

This Spurs team is unreal. I could see them beating those 90s Bulls some of the time.

DaSeba5
I do agree that there is a lot of ridiculous mythology surrounding MJ but some of those Bulls teams could have beaten these Spurs.

This.

1987_Lakers
2014 Spurs are the '97 Jazz on crack. No doubt they would be the best team MJ has ever faced. I say the '92, '96, & '97 Bulls beat San Antonio. '91 & '93 is a tossup. No doubt the 2014 Spurs take care of the '98 Bulls.

To4
06-16-2014, 01:16 AM
The issue is that if MJ was playing. He will do everything to keep fighting til the buzzer sounds, win or lose. His leadership will try to keep the team afloat as well even thou sometimes he maybe a douche.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 01:17 AM
The issue is that if MJ was playing. He will do everything to keep fighting til the buzzer sounds, win or lose. His leadership will try to keep the team afloat as well even thou sometimes he maybe a douche.

His leadership can't make up for his entire team playing like ass

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 01:19 AM
2014 Spurs are the '97 Jazz on crack. No doubt they would be the best team MJ has ever faced. I say the '92, '96, & '97 Bulls beat San Antonio. '91 & '93 is a tossup. No doubt the 2014 Spurs take care of the '98 Bulls.

Funny you would say that because the '97 Jazz had a better record, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists despite playing in a slower pace. They also had the league MVP who was putting up 27/10/5.

They swept the 8th seed, Beat Shaq's Lakers in 5, beat Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler's Rockets in 6.

But let's not bring facts into a troll thread. Carry on, OP :cheers:

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 01:23 AM
I can't see this Spurs team beating the 91-93 versions. Peak Jordan and prime Pippen would be too much. 96 and 97 would beat them too. Only chance would be beating the 98 Bulls, which the Spurs should be the favourites against.

deja vu
06-16-2014, 01:24 AM
LeBron stans trying to do some damage control, trying to justify their idol's loss. :roll:

tpols
06-16-2014, 01:24 AM
8th seed Dallas Mavericks, Thunder with Ibaka>>>>'96 Bulls :applause:

Yea but with that same logic you can say the 08 hawks were better than the Lakers.

pauk
06-16-2014, 01:26 AM
I dont know about that, compared to this current Heat team some of those Bulls teams had a much deeper pool of roster/talent, complementarity & coaching.

Collie
06-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Did you know that the 90's Bulls were basically a supercharged version of this Spurs team? They were the top offensive AND defensive team during their second threepeat, playing as much a team game as you can play. The Heat lost because they couldn't defend or execute, two criticisms which were never said about the 90's Bulls.

sekachu
06-16-2014, 01:28 AM
I think those 90's Bulls teams beat the 2014 Spurs, however if you replace LeBron with Jordan on this years Heat team I still think they lose

Sometimes I really think it is MJ fault to misguide people believe whoever superstars are on the 90 bulls would have the same success like MJ but ignore the fact that his great influence force and leadership by him. This is why you think MJ couldn't beat the spurs with this heat team.

Milbuck
06-16-2014, 01:29 AM
You can almost count on 2 of Parker/Mills/Manu/Green/Leonard to be shut down, and that's troublesome for San Antonio considering they'll only have 3 of those guys on the floor at the same time. 2/3 of those perimeter guys are going to be in basketball hell at all times. Shut down the shooters and this Spurs team is beatable. And that's only the offensive end..good luck trying to guard MJ on the other end.

It'll be extremely tough. Honestly though, this team could take out at least one of those championship Bulls teams. I'd pick them over any of those finals opponents.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 01:30 AM

The 1997 Jazz had a 27/10 player and discarded prime Shaq (on a stacked roster) like they were cheap goods.

The 1998 Jazz had a 27/10 player and discarded prime Shaq (on a stacked roster) like they were cheap goods.

No way were these Spurs better.

oh the horror
06-16-2014, 01:32 AM
So this is where Heat stans have fallen to.

Rewritting history as this Spurs team being outer-worldly and the GOAT team.

That's the only way Lebron loses right?

I'm not even going to address these spurs vs the Bulls. That's just some pitiful shit right there.

oarabbus
06-16-2014, 01:33 AM
You can almost count on 2 of Parker/Mills/Manu/Green/Leonard to be shut down, and that's troublesome for San Antonio considering they'll only have 3 of those guys on the floor at the same time. 2/3 of those perimeter guys are going to be in basketball hell at all times. Shut down the shooters and this Spurs team is beatable. And that's only the offensive end..good luck trying to guard MJ on the other end.

It'll be extremely tough. Honestly though, this team could take out at least one of those championship Bulls teams. I'd pick them over any of those finals opponents.

If we are talking about New Kawhi than these Spurs could hang with any of those Bulls teams. :bowdown:

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Sometimes I really think it is MJ fault to misguide people believe whoever superstars are on the 90 bulls would have the same success like MJ but ignore the fact that his great influence force and leadership by him. This is why you think MJ couldn't beat the spurs with this heat team.

Bottomline is, leadership and influence only go so far. Jordan never received as little help in the Finals as LeBron got during this series

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Did you know that the 90's Bulls were basically a supercharged version of this Spurs team? They were the top offensive AND defensive team during their second threepeat, playing as much a team game as you can play. The Heat lost because they couldn't defend or execute, two criticisms which were never said about the 90's Bulls.

Shhhhh, they were playing iso ball against midgets. You don't know what you're talking about. Spurs are bigger, stronger, more athletic playing against advanced zone defense and Mr. 1-5 hyper athlete LeBron James.

96 Bulls (72-10)

PPG: 105.2 (1st)
Opponents PPG: 92.9 (3rd)
ORTG: 115.2 (1st)
DRTG: 101.8 (1st)
Pace: 91.1
APG: 24.8

14 Spurs (62-20)

PPG: 105.4 (6th)
Opponents PPG: 97.6 (6th)
ORTG: 110.5 7th
DRTG: 102.4 (3rd)
Pace: 95
APG: 25.2

Stats lie doe.

diamenz
06-16-2014, 01:37 AM
LeBron stans trying to do some damage control, trying to justify their idol's loss. :roll:

gonna be a long summer.

Bless Mathews
06-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Lol.

Bulls would destroy spurs.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 01:40 AM
Funny you would say that because the '97 Jazz had a better record, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists despite playing in a slower pace. They also had the league MVP who was putting up 27/10/5.

They swept the 8th seed, Beat Shaq's Lakers in 5, beat Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler's Rockets in 6.

But let's not bring facts into a troll thread. Carry on, OP :cheers:

Malone was a choker though.

Those Jazz teams were not as deep or well coached like San Antonio.

GimmeThat
06-16-2014, 01:41 AM
maybe on his 2nd 3-peat.

which many teams had poses a threat against the Bulls.

kamil
06-16-2014, 01:42 AM

LMAO! LeBron* d!ckriders trying to deflect their pathetic performance and create a diversion of how piss poor their team played.

Get the fvck outta here!

deja vu
06-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Shhhhh, they were playing iso ball against midgets. You don't know what you're talking about. Spurs are bigger, stronger, more athletic playing against advanced zone defense and Mr. 1-5 hyper athlete LeBron James.

96 Bulls (72-10)

PPG: 105.2 (1st)
Opponents PPG: 92.9 (3rd)
ORTG: 115.2 (1st)
DRTG: 101.8 (1st)
Pace: 91.1
APG: 24.8

14 Spurs (62-20)

PPG: 105.4 (6th)
Opponents PPG: 97.6 (6th)
ORTG: 110.5 7th
DRTG: 102.4 (3rd)
Pace: 95
APG: 25.2

Stats lie doe.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 01:43 AM

Did you not watch the finals last year? :oldlol:

So Jerry Sloan is not a great coach now? :biggums:

And the Jazz had the better record, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists than the 'GOAT passing team' despite playing in a considerably slower pace.

But again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 01:44 AM

Pretty weak retort dude. The 1997 and 1998 Jazz smashed some damn good teams on their way to the Finals. One of those teams featured a much better version of Tim Duncan than the one you saw in this year's Finals.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Did you not watch the finals last year? :oldlol:

So Jerry Sloan is not a great coach now? :biggums:

And the Jazz had the better record, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists than the 'GOAT passing team' despite playing in a considerably slower pace.

But again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

- Umm. Jazz won more games because Pop rested his players during the year. Common sense fool.

- Not saying Utah wasn't well coached but, Pop > Sloan

- Jazz played in the worst division in the NBA. 5 teams in their division finished under .500. 4 teams didn't even reach 25 wins.

- Spurs played in the best division in the league. Every team won 49+ games and made the playoffs except 1.

- Spurs bench shits on Utah's bench.

- Gregg Ostertag was their starting Center.

I know my history, I'm not your typical ISH poster fool.

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 02:01 AM
- Umm. Jazz won more games because Pop rested his players during the year. Common sense fool.

Because some of them are too old to play back-to-backs :oldlol:

- Not saying Utah wasn't well coached but, Pop > Sloan

And if Sloan got a chance to play this weak ass Heat team instead of the Bulls he'd have a few rings to his name.

- Jazz played in the worst division in the NBA. 5 teams in their division finished under .500. 4 teams didn't even reach 25 wins.

Back when there were only 2 divisions, bruh. So a much larger sample size/teams than what we have now.

- Spurs played in the best division in the league. Every team won 49+ games and made the playoffs except 1.

Those 3 other teams that made the POs were first rounder fodder, including the 8th seed Mavericks who took the Spurs to 7. Jazz had the Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler Rockets in their division and met and beat them in the WCF.

- Spurs bench shits on Utah's bench.

Even if that's true, the starters of Utah>>Spurs. I mean, a 38 year old Timmy who couldn't play back to backs because he was 'old as dirt' according to his coach vs the MVP Malone? Stockton vs Parker? C'mon.

- Gregg Ostertag was their starting Center.

Spurs had Matt Bonner starting games in the playoffs/finals, bruh.

I know my history, I'm not your typical ISH poster fool.

Good for you, doesn't change the fact that the Jazz had the better record, the MVP, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists playing in a slower pace. They were also only marginally worse defensively and held teams to lower PPG than SA.

These are facts.

Bless Mathews
06-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Don dadda with the slay......

unbreakable
06-16-2014, 02:09 AM
spurs would demolish any team in the 90s... ANY TEAM

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Pretty weak retort dude. The 1997 and 1998 Jazz smashed some damn good teams on their way to the Finals. One of those teams featured a much better version of Tim Duncan than the one you saw in this year's Finals.

I was going touch upon that. The Stockton/Malone Jazz were 4-0 against the Spurs in the playoffs. Now, these Spurs are different... but I don't see it being any different. Their best teams could certainly beat some of Duncan's best teams, including this current one.

Infact, some of the late 80's Jazz teams are sometimes called the better Stockton/Malone teams with their depth and younger versions.

oh the horror
06-16-2014, 02:12 AM

Lol if this is the narrative that you dudes are going to hang your hats on now you can count on being laughed out of every conversation.

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 02:12 AM

I would pay good money to see old man Duncan and Tiago Splitter going against Prime Duncan and '99 Robinson. Talk about 'advanced defense' :lol

unbreakable
06-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Lol if this is the narrative that you dudes are going to hang your hats on now you can count on being laughed out of every conversation.

another salty laker fan :coleman:

deja vu
06-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Including the Bulls?

Not even die-hard Spurs fans would say that.

kamil
06-16-2014, 02:15 AM
Including the Bulls?

Not even die-hard Spurs fans would say that.

Definitely not the 96 Bulls. That is the greatest basketball team ever assembled. Not even up for debate.

oh the horror
06-16-2014, 02:15 AM
another salty laker fan :coleman:

That response = I've got nada to say.

Again kids, this spurs team isn't some world generational dominating team. They were damn near eliminated several times. And referred to as "known chokers".

They beat this heat team and now they're a team that would beat any team in the 90s? Get real :roll:

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Because some of them are too old to play back-to-backs :oldlol:

Garbage comeback. Pop monitored and gave players days off to be ready for the postseason. Spurs could have easily won 65+ games if that was their goal.

And if Sloan got a chance to play this weak ass Heat team instead of the Bulls he'd have a few rings to his name.

Speculation, not facts. Garbage.

Back when there were only 2 divisions, bruh. So a much larger sample size/teams than what we have now.

Doesn't change the fact that San Antonio played in a much tougher conference, while Utah played weaker teams during the year.

Those 3 other teams that made the POs were first rounder fodder, including the 8th seed Mavericks who took the Spurs to 7. Jazz had the Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler Rockets in their division and met and beat them in the WCF.
So there was 1 good team in the division with Utah while the others were garbage?:oldlol:

Even if that's true, the starters of Utah>>Spurs. I mean, a 38 year old Timmy who couldn't play back to backs because he was 'old as dirt' according to his coach vs the MVP Malone? Stockton vs Parker? C'mon.
Utah may have better starters, but not by much. Utah was starting Ostertag and Russell, not impressive. Plus factor in San Antonio's bench was 100x better.

Spurs had Matt Bonner starting games in the playoffs/finals, bruh.

And played for like 5 minutes each game.:oldlol:
Another garbage comeback

Good for you, doesn't change the fact that the Jazz had the better record, the MVP, higher offensive rating, and averaged more assists playing in a slower pace. They were also only marginally worse defensively and held teams to lower PPG than SA.

These are facts.

I just showed you why Utah had a better record with FACTS. They held teams to a lower PPG because they played in a slower pace like you said. San Antonio has more weapons, better TEAM ball movement, and are better defensively. In conclusion the 2014 Spurs take out the 1997 Jazz in 6.

Done_And_Done
06-16-2014, 02:16 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Rodman effect

Done_And_Done
06-16-2014, 02:18 AM

:roll:

veilside23
06-16-2014, 02:21 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/d4/d45b326ff70bc9102bdb05cef8e68f8df9b4b7b5a3857557d9 2bf594136755cb.jpg

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 02:34 AM
A 29 year old Jordan ain't losing to a 38 year old Duncan.

Sorry we can cling to this fantasy all day, but San Antonio only exposed the Heat for not being a great team ... but this isn't the first time this has happened.

Dallas whupped their asses a few years ago (what was the excuse then? Wade's knees?).

And they needed a ton of luck and a completely ineffective Ginobli to beat the Spurs last year too.

The Heat are just not that great a team and "LeBron Ball" has destroyed the confidence and game of Wade and Bosh. If they win, they win on sheer talent and a little luck alone.

DonDadda59
Garbage comeback. Pop monitored and gave players days off to be ready for the postseason. Spurs could have easily won 65+ games if that was their goal.

:rolleyes:

You gotta hear it straight from the horse's mouth?

last season, Popovich wrote on an official box score that Tim Duncan did not play in a game because he was old. The box score read: “DNP — Old.” Popovich was asked about it and didn’t hold back.

“[Duncan] loved it,” Popovich said. “He thought it was funny as hell. There were some others who did not enjoy it, but Timmy got a kick out of it and I got a kick out of it. It was fun. And it was true. He was older than dirt. That’s the deal. He was tired that night. He’s old.

“So I could have lied. I could have said he has a broken ankle or something. I just said he’s old.”

http://thatnbalotterypick.com/spurs-coach-gregg-popovich-on-tim-duncan-hes-older-than-dirt/

But they could've 'easily' won 65 if their old as dirt players could play back to backs :lol

Speculation, not facts. Garbage.

Here's a fact, since you claimed Malone was a choke artist earlier. 2011 Spurs- lost to the 8th seed, 2012 Spurs- were back door swept in the WCF after a 2-0 lead, 2013 Spurs- :oldlol:

Doesn't change the fact that San Antonio played in a much tougher conference, while Utah played weaker teams during the year.

All the other teams in SA's conference were knocked out in the first round, but not before the 8th seed Mavs took them to 7. The Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler Rockets were in the same conference as the Jazz and met them in the WCF.

So there was 1 good team in the division with Utah while the others were garbage?:oldlol:

If the Conferences back then were constructed like they are today, the Jazz's division would've looked like this:

Jazz 64-18 (WCF champions)
Seattle 57-25 (2nd round)
Blazers 49-33 (1st round)
T'Wolves 40-42 (first round)
Nuggets 21-61

vs 2014

Spurs 62-20 (WCF champions)
Rockets 54-28 (first round)
Grizzlies 50-32 (first round)
Mavericks 49-33 (first round)
Pelicans 34-48

So the Spurs division had 3 one and dones (one of them taking the SPurs to 7), the Jazz's 'division' had 2 one and dones and a 2nd round team.

Utah may have better starters, but not by much. Utah was starting Ostertag and Russell, not impressive. Plus factor in San Antonio's bench was 100x better.

SA's bench is made up of former D-Leaguers and guys who were cut by terrible teams.

I just showed you why Utah had a better record with FACTS. They held teams to a lower PPG because they played in a slower pace like you said. San Antonio has more weapons, better TEAM ball movement, and are better defensively. In conclusion the 2014 Spurs take out the 1997 Jazz in 6.

The Jazz have SA beat in all measurable offensive statists- better ORTG, averaged more assists, had higher shooting percentages and featured one of the best offensive duos basketball has ever seen. The Spurs DRTG is marginally better than the Jazz's but the Jazz slowed games down and held teams to lower scoring outputs.

Plus, the Jazz beat better teams than SA did. They just had the unfortunate luck of meeting the GOAT and a better team in the finals consecutively.

Magic 32

They are a team from the 90's :roll:

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 02:53 AM
...garbage

Spurs played in the toughest conference the NBA has ever seen.:applause:

Jazz played in a division where 4 teams didn't even reach 25 wins.:oldlol:

Despite all this, Utah only has 2 more wins, and I'm not even mentioning how the Spurs pretty much rested everyone at the end of the regular season to get ready for the postseason.

- Malone was a choker, Fact. Spurs came back mentally stronger this year and dismantled everyone that was in their way, they proved to be champions. Malone never redeemed himself, choker for life.

- Utah had a higher ORTG? Guess what, Miami and Portland had a higher ORTG than San Antonio this year, Spurs still dismantled them in the postseason, Miami didn't even reach 100 points vs San Antonio in the Finals.

Spurs bench -
Ginobili (future HOFer, can take over games)
Mills (Look what he did to Miami tonight, averaged 10 points in 19 min)
Diaw (Looked amazing in the WCF & Finals, versatile big who can pass and shoot 3's)
Belinelli (Dead eye shooter, 11 points in 25 minutes)

Did someone say D-League?:oldlol:

Utah had a bunch of no names on the bench.

Starters...
Duncan > Ostertag
Leonard > Hornecek
Parker & and old man Stockton were pretty much on the same level

Spurs are the better team admit it, I see right through your agenda you Jordan d.ick rider.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 02:55 AM

So now we replace deluded Lebron stans with deluded Duncan stans?

This same Spurs team lost to this same Heat team last year. You think they'd even bother MJ's Bulls, much less beat them? GTFO

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Jordan d.ick rider.

What does that have to do with the Jazz ?

kamil
So now we replace deluded Lebron stans with deluded Duncan stans?

This same Spurs team lost to this same Heat team last year. You think they'd even bother MJ's Bulls, much less beat them? GTFO

Ignore the LeBron* stan. It's just damage control.... though its not needed.

LeBrons* legacy is finally RUINED as of today.

2/5.

SamuraiSWISH
'91 Bulls
'92 Bulls
'93 Bulls
'96 Bulls
'97 Bulls

Could all beat this Spurs team. Confidently. Especially the bolded ones.

Hell, the '98 team has a better shot than the way this 2014 Heat team played. Went through a tougher conference as well.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Malone was a choker--who mercilessly crushed Shaq's Lakers in consecutive years, cakewalked past the 1998 Spurs in 5 games (a team that featured TWO 20/10 players), and defeated Olajuwon/Barkley/Drexler to get to the Finals.

But the 2014 Spurs played in the tougher conference. Sure thing, dude.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 03:00 AM
maybe on his 2nd 3-peat.

which many teams had poses a threat against the Bulls.

2nd 3-peat Bulls were more dominant than the 1st one.

And none of those threats beat the Bulls.

Dengness9
06-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Spurs played in the toughest conference the NBA has ever seen.:applause:

Jazz played in a division where 4 teams didn't even reach 25 wins.:oldlol:

Despite all this, Utah only has 2 more wins, and I'm not even mentioning how the Spurs pretty much rested everyone at the end of the regular season to get ready for the postseason.

- Malone was a choker, Fact. Spurs came back mentally stronger this year and dismantled everyone that was in their way, they proved to be champions. Malone never redeemed himself, choker for life.

- Utah had a higher ORTG? Guess what, Miami and Portland had a higher ORTG than San Antonio this year, Spurs still dismantled them in the postseason, Miami didn't even reach 100 points vs San Antonio in the Finals.

Spurs bench -
Ginobili (future HOFer, can take over games)
Mills (Look what he did to Miami tonight, averaged 10 points in 19 min)
Diaw (Looked amazing in the WCF & Finals, versatile big who can pass and shoot 3's)
Belinelli (Dead eye shooter, 11 points in 25 minutes)

Did someone say D-League?:oldlol:

Utah had a bunch of no names on the bench.

Duncan > Ostertag
Leonard > Hornecek
Parker & and old man Stockton were pretty much on the same level

Spurs are the better team admit it, I see right through your agenda you Jordan d.ick rider.

Your clear lack of respect for Malone and Stockton kills your credibility. If "choker" and "old man" is all you can muster up regarding those two HOF'ers, clearly you're not being anywhere near as objective as you could be.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:02 AM
What does that have to do with the Jazz ?

He's defending Utah because he wants to make it seem like Jordan would have no problem vs San Antonio. Dude is a major LeBron & Kobe hater, a major Jordan d.ick rider.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 03:04 AM

:facepalm

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Your clear lack of respect for Malone and Stockton kills your credibility. If "chucker" and "old man" is all you can muster up regarding those two HOF'ers, clearly you're not being anywhere near as objective as you could be.

He's calling Duncan an old man (which is true, but Stockton was old too) and calling the Spurs bench D-League players, yet I'm the one losing credibility. GTFO son.

Legends66NBA7
06-16-2014, 03:05 AM
2nd 3-peat Bulls were more dominant than the 1st one.

And none of those threats beat the Bulls.

I think it's rather close, to be honest. The 1st 3 peat had the better duo/trio at their athletic best and a pretty good bench, but the 2nd 3 peat was more smarter team and better overall coaching.

But if the Spurs had any chance against any of those team, like I said before, it's against the 98 Bulls. If Pippen doesn't get injured, then I would say they the Spurs chances probably go down further.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 03:07 AM
He's defending Utah because he wants to make it seem like Jordan would have no problem vs San Antonio. Dude is a major LeBron & Kobe hater, a major Jordan d.ick rider.

You repping one of the greatest teams of all time as your username while jocking a decrepit Spurs team vs another GOAT team = :facepalm

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:07 AM
You repping one of the greatest teams of all time as your username while jocking a decrepit Spurs team vs another GOAT team = :facepalm

You have a shoe as your avatar.:facepalm

Dengness9
06-16-2014, 03:10 AM
He's calling Duncan and old man and calling the Spurs bench D-League players, yet I'm the one losing credibility. GTFO son.

I'm not putting down the Spurs. I wouldn't do that.

So because someone else is speaking about the Spurs in a certain way, that justifies your comments about Stockton and Malone? :rolleyes:

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:11 AM
So because someone else is speaking about the Spurs in a certain way, that justifies your comments about Stockton and Malone?

Yes

SamuraiSWISH
06-16-2014, 03:13 AM
1987_Lakers going off the deep end of trolling. Credibility utterly destroyed. Exposed as a LeBron stan, possible Jordan hater. His habits remind me of the Roundball_Rock's of the world.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:14 AM
1987_Lakers going off the deep end of trolling. Credibility utterly destroyed. Exposed as a LeBron stan, possible Jordan hater. His habits remind me of the Roundball_Rock's of the world.
:oldlol:

Just feeling a bit tipsy. Feel like having fun. The season is over.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 03:17 AM
Picture the 2014 Spurs sweeping the 1998 Lakers.

That team had Shaquille O'Neal, Eddei Jones, Nick Van Exel, Kobe Bryant, Rick Fox, Elden Campbell, Robert Horry, and Derek Fisher. With the exception of Kobe and Fisher all were at or near their peaks.

I can't.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:18 AM

That team had Shaquille O'Neal, Eddei Jones, Nick Van Exel, Kobe Bryant, Rick Fox, Elden Campbell, Robert Horry, and Derek Fisher. With the exception of Kobe and Fisher all were at or near their peaks.

I can't.

I can

RoundMoundOfReb
06-16-2014, 03:19 AM

I can't.
Kobe Bryant wasn't Kobe Bryant yet.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 03:25 AM
I can

You obviously have an agenda then. That team was arguably deeper than the
Spurs, if you can fathom that. They won 61 games with Shaq missing 22 of them.

Shaq averaged 28/11 that year. Who in the mother of f**k on the Spurs is going to guard him?

unbreakable
06-16-2014, 03:29 AM

I can't.

that team is a bunch of selfish, hot- garbage LMAO

thats like saying "picture the 2014 spurs beating the 2014 clippers" LMAO

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:30 AM
You obviously have an agenda then. That team was arguably deeper than the
Spurs, if you can fathom that. They won 61 games with Shaq missing 22 of them.

Shaq averaged 28/11 that year. Who in the mother of f**k on the Spurs is going to guard him?

They were a young and inexperienced team with Kobe not being Kobe yet.

Eddie Jones was a known choker
Young Kobe averaged 10 points and choked vs Utah (air balls)
Van Exel shot 24% vs Utah
Horry shot 36% vs Utah

Basically the whole team choked vs Utah except Shaq.

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 03:38 AM
They were a young and inexperienced team with Kobe not being Kobe yet.

Eddie Jones was a known choker
Young Kobe averaged 10 points and choked vs Utah (air balls)
Van Exel shot 24% vs Utah
Horry shot 36% vs Utah

Basically the whole team choked vs Utah except Shaq.

I guess Utah's defence gets none of the credit there?

That Lakers squad actually was deeper than the championship Laker teams, but they had to move people out so Kobe could get his shots.

The comparision is flawed anyway ... LeBron is 29 now, not in his mid-30s like Jordan was when he faced the Jazz.

A 29-year-old Jordan would shred both the Jazz and current Spurs a new a-hole.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:39 AM
I guess Utah's defence gets none of the credit there?

San Antonio's defense basically did the same thing to Miami in the Finals, but according to ISH Miami is just garbage.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 03:45 AM
that team is a bunch of selfish, hot- garbage LMAO

thats like saying "picture the 2014 spurs beating the 2014 clippers" LMAO

Prime Shaq = 2014 Clippers now. I've never seen a newly minted champion overrated this much. What's the angle?

I doubt the Spurs would have swept the Clippers anyway, had they met. They didn't even sweep the Blazers.

The-Legend-24
06-16-2014, 03:46 AM
2/5

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 03:48 AM
The bottom line is LeBron can't control the game like Jordan did. He can't manufacture or will his team to little runs that turn the momentum of a game virtually on his own.

Those are the little details where games are decided.

He plays within the flow of the game, if things are going good, great, if they're not, he begins to shrink.

That's the main difference. That and his style of running the offence renders Wade and Bosh into spot up shooters.

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 03:54 AM
I doubt the Spurs would have swept the Clippers anyway, had they met. They didn't even sweep the Blazers.

Spurs swept the Clippers in 2012. Pretty much embarrassed them.

SamuraiSWISH
06-16-2014, 03:55 AM
The bottom line is LeBron can't control the game like Jordan did. He can't manufacture or will his team to little runs that turn the momentum of a game virtually on his own.
MJ also didn't have these strange stretches where he looked disinterested, wasn't trying, or looking to be aggressive as he could possibly be.

Tonight's game as prime example. It's mystifying with this guy LeBron. My girlfriend says he plays like he's bi-polar.

He starts the game off with 16 points, then was fairly passive the rest of the game. Did this in game 3 as well. But this was an elimination game, in the Finals. Bizzare.

Same thing happened last year before game 7, 2011 Finals, and 2010 ECSF. When the chips are down, and the future doesn't seem guaranteed of victory. LeBron gets submissive to the game, and his opponent.

He plays within the flow of the game, if things are going good, great, if they're not, he begins to shrink.
Doesn't assert his will power or dominance on the game. When the game is leveled between opponents, he'll do his front runner thing in terms of confidence. But he doesn't have the turn the game around from behind ability Jordan had. If the outcome looks bleak, or hopeless. LeBron seemingly gives up. It used to take Wade shifting momentum to give Bron that confidence. A keen eye can see this dynamic.

That's the main difference. That and his style of running the offence renders Wade and Bosh into spot up shooters.
Sadly. Takes too much time to make scoring, and or playmaking decisions. Especially against elite defenses. Not efficient energy usage.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 03:58 AM
Spurs swept the Clippers in 2012. Pretty much embarrassed them.

Not that it matters since this year's Clippers were much stronger than the 2012 edition, but I thought we were talking about the 2014 Spurs?

If you want to hop around years, tell us who the Spurs beat in 2011?

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Not that it matters since the 2014 Clippers are much stronger than the 2012 edition, but I thought we were talking about the 2014 Spurs?

2014 Spurs are also a stronger team than they were in 2012.

ThePhantomCreep
06-16-2014, 04:37 AM
2014 Spurs are also a stronger team than they were in 2012.

Teams swept in 2014 playoff= 0

julizaver
06-16-2014, 04:53 AM
There is a big difference at first glance between Heat and 96-98 Bulls:

Differencies:
1. Bulls always had a big body in the middle - they have three to four big mens (Longley as a starting center for 25 miniutes, Wennington for 10 to 15 and the others Edwads, Salley or Simpkins the rest). Very rare they have Rodman playing at center position. While the Heat played Bosh, Andersen who are no bigs in any mean. In reality Oden is their only true center (but he doesn't play)
2. All of their star players were at the height of their careers and played at their respective positions (Rodman, Pippen and Jordan) - and all of them were far better defensively than James, Wade and Bosh. While Wade is on decline and Bosh is playing out of postion.
3. Bulls were stronger, bigger and tougher than Heat.
4. Zen master

Similarities:
1. Both teams have the best player in the league
2. Both teams have good 6th man (Allen and Kukoc)
3. Both teams doesn't have good PG - Bull's Ron Harper was shooting guard in Clippers before joining Bulls.
4. Both teams lacking good big men at the middle (but as I wrote above the situation with Heat is far worse - they didn't have even one)

The teams winning Championships not the players - and from I have seen 96-98 Bulls are far better team than Heat and probably will beat the 2014 Spurs.

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Jordan and Rodman were not at the "height of their career" from 96-98, but that time they were well into their 30s.

They were just extremely high I.Q. players with incredible competitive drive that offset declining athleticism.

"LeBron Ball" killed Bosh and Wade's game, LeBron did not make those guys better.

buddha
06-16-2014, 06:37 AM
72-10

Michael ****ing Jordan

Scottie ****ing Pippen

Phil ****ing Jackson

Dennis ****ing Rodman

Tony ****ing Kukoc

72 And ****ing 10

Real14
06-16-2014, 06:42 AM
2014 spurs getting overrated already:lol

fourkicks44
06-16-2014, 08:04 AM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/DdEyGO2jVylwiaxPmbYCpA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/JH53012.jpg

knicksman
06-16-2014, 08:19 AM
do people really believe that jordan would let his team down by 20? Jordan loves adversaries. The more adverse the situation, the more he loves it. Thats why jordan is better in the playoffs compared to bran whos better in the RS. Thats why hes better in the clutch compared to brans 1st quarters or when his team down by 20. Honestly, id rather have a player scoring 5 pts on a tight game than a player scoring 10 pts while down by 20. Thats what separates bran from jordan. He is alpha. He loves when he is underdog. Hes more motivated if he has lesser teammates than having superstar teammates.

LeBird
06-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Jordan loses 6/6 with this Heat team playing as they did. It's not even close.

It is hilarious to see Jordan fans make decades of excuses about teammates not being good enough, when they showed up more than this Heat team did, to explain away his early playoff losses.

Only a delusional stan would even try to make this about one player. Lebron could have averaged 14 more points in every game and the Heat still lose.

hookul
06-16-2014, 09:19 AM

It is hilarious to see Jordan fans make decades of excuses about teammates not being good enough, when they showed up more than this Heat team did, to explain away his early playoff losses.

Only a delusional stan would even try to make this about one player. Lebron could have averaged 14 more points in every game and the Heat still lose.

What you guys do not understand that exchanging one player for another is not only about the numbers. For one, defenseive impact is not measured in numbers. But more importantly, one does not measure leadership in numbers. If you seriously believe that the rest of the Heat team would have gotten away with such crappy play with Jordan as their leader you are dillusional. He would have forced a different work ethic and fear into his teammates to give everything they have. For sure, even if Jordan would only have matched LeBrons numbers in these finals, the whole team would have played better. Jordan was a leader in every sense of the word (not a nice leader, an asshole leader but he lead), LeBron is not a leader.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 09:28 AM
OP is a retard....he forgets Jordan's Bulls played defense and Pippen and Jordan are shutting down Leonard.

LeBird
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
What you guys do not understand that exchanging one player for another is not only about the numbers. For one, defenseive impact is not measured in numbers. But more importantly, one does not measure leadership in numbers. If you seriously believe that the rest of the Heat team would have gotten away with such crappy play with Jordan as their leader you are dillusional. He would have forced a different work ethic and fear into his teammates to give everything they have. For sure, even if Jordan would only have matched LeBrons numbers in these finals, the whole team would have played better. Jordan was a leader in every sense of the word (not a nice leader, an asshole leader but he lead), LeBron is not a leader.

Jordan isn't near an effective team player as Lebron. Jordan ain't changing shit, he's just chucking up more shots.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 09:33 AM

Quit changing the narrative OP stated Jordan's Bulls....ur Jordan hate act is getting old like Birds back

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't know who's worse between LeBird and Roundball_Rock. Both try to sound reasonable with their analysis, but the hate they have for MJ burns with the heat of a thousand suns. They really are furious. :oldlol:

TheMan
06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't know who's worse between LeBird and Roundball_Rock. Both try to sound reasonable with their analysis, but the hate they have for MJ burns with the heat of a thousand suns. They really are furious. :oldlol:
This :oldlol:

It really pisses them off to no end that MJ is considered by the vast majority of fans as the GOAT.

They were giddy a few weeks ago about LeBron getting the threepeat and racking up those chips and they were trying to convince us that the casuals were gonna now start considering LeBron as greater than Jordan. They were writing essays and shit :oldlol:

They must be fuming at how shit transpired in the Finals :roll:

Calabis
06-16-2014, 10:47 AM
This :oldlol:

It really pisses them off to no end that MJ is considered by the vast majority of fans as the GOAT.

They were giddy a few weeks ago about LeBron getting the threepeat and racking up those chips and they were trying to convince us that the casuals were gonna now start considering LeBron as greater than Jordan. They were writing essays and shit :oldlol:

They must be fuming at how shit transpired in the Finals :roll:

Exactly.....dudes were basically giving LeBron his threepeat, now all of a sudden his team sucks and they lost to Jesus of Nazareth and his twelve apostale's. Now Jordan's teams would have lost.:facepalm

TheMan
06-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Exactly.....dudes were basically giving LeBron his threepeat, now all of a sudden his team sucks and they lost to Jesus of Nazareth and his twelve apostale's. Now Jordan's teams would have lost.:facepalm
2/5 = Bran stan ether
:cheers:

Indian guy
06-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Exactly.....dudes were basically giving LeBron his threepeat

Really? Besides trolls, who exactly was "basically giving LeBron his threepeat?" Pretty much any serious LeBron fan knew Miami entered the series against SA as significant underdogs, and also knew it would take something amazing from them to pull the series off. They barely won in 2013 against an inferior SA team while being a better team themselves. In 2014, that script had reversed and we knew that going into the series, and the on-court play merely backed up what we had seen all season.

AirFederer
06-16-2014, 10:54 AM
:lol

LeBird
06-16-2014, 11:06 AM

If I hate him so much, why do I name him as a GOAT candidate? No, it's just that his stans are probably the thickest of any athlete I've ever encountered. I enjoy bothering them.

Just look at this thread and the forum now in general. They are loving it that Lebron lost because it weakens his argument. But they don't get it; Lebron will win enough titles to challenge MJ's Disney legacy - he'll probably overtake it. So that's why they're going ham now, they have to get their jollies off now because it won't last for long. And they know it.

mehyaM24
06-16-2014, 11:08 AM
mythologists keep bringing him up, but jordan aint winning with this heat team, either. lebron didnt have the GOAT rebounder, GOAT perimeter defender and GOAT coach to save him.

facts

Jlamb47
06-16-2014, 11:13 AM

Lebron never won without Wade
2/5
Excuses excuses

WEAKKKKKK

TheMan
06-16-2014, 11:14 AM
If I hate him so much, why do I name him as a GOAT candidate? No, it's just that his stans are probably the thickest of any athlete I've ever encountered. I enjoy bothering them.

Just look at this thread and the forum now in general. They are loving it that Lebron lost because it weakens his argument. But they don't get it...Lebron will win enough titles to challenge MJ's Disney legacy - he'll probably overtake it. So that's why they're going ham now, they have to get their jollies off now because it won't last for long...and they know it.
2/5

2 NBA titles in 11 seasons, by his 22nd season, he should have his fourth NBA title:rockon:

Leviathon1121
06-16-2014, 11:20 AM

Just look at this thread and the forum now in general. They are loving it that Lebron lost because it weakens his argument. But they don't get it; Lebron will win enough titles to challenge MJ's Disney legacy - he'll probably overtake it. So that's why they're going ham now, they have to get their jollies off now because it won't last for long. And they know it.

You simply chose to ignore the Kobe stans who flooded this place for years and outnumbered Jordan stans significantly, and now ignore the Lebron stans because you want someone to surpass Jordan so badly.

c5terror
06-16-2014, 11:28 AM
LeBron should practice his off the ball offense, Lebron off the ball offense sucks that's why its pretty hard to make a play for him plus his ball security and footwork in the post are terrible resulting to TO and travel. He only do ISO,

jzek
06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
I do agree that there is a lot of ridiculous mythology surrounding MJ

Like what? Everything I've seen posted about MJ here on ISH are facts. It's funny because these facts are so out of this world that kids today don't even realize that MJ really did those things!:oldlol:

I'd like to see one of these "mythologies" you're saying...

Calabis
06-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Really? Besides trolls, who exactly was "basically giving LeBron his threeIeat?" Pretty much any serious LeBron fan knew Miami entered the series against SA as significant underdogs, and also knew it would take something amazing from them to pull the series off. They barely won in 2013 against an inferior SA team while being a better team themselves. In 2014, that script had reversed and we knew that going into the series, and the on-court play merely backed up what we had seen all season.

Exactly the two trolls im talking about....so why did u respond if you were not one of them. I picked Spurs based on depth....with that said never thought they would be handing out 20pt ass kickings. Also knew LeBron would need 4 epic games.....unfortunately he would give us a quarter here and there, then nothing for 10-12 minutes.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 11:42 AM

:applause:

MJ stans are too dense to understand what "hypothetically" means. Everyone knew the Spurs were the favorites.

Angel Face
06-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Lebron lost, suddenly this Spurs team is the GOAT team? Pathetic Lebron stans. 2/5. :roll:

You seriously think that a team led by the GOAT and his sidekick with the guidance of the Zen Master would let this Bulls team lose? This isn't even the best Spurs team and this team is almost the same team from last year. Their core trio are getting old.

Bulls defense is one the ATG defenses ever, their triangle offense is hard to stop and they have Michael ****in Jordan capable of taking over a game at will. In defense their duo alone, Jordan and Pip could shut down any perimeter player. I can't see this Spurs team beating any of 90's Bulls team, except maybe 1994 when Jordan retired and 1995 out of shape baseball Jordan. :oldlol: 2 three peat championship teams, good luck beating that. There's a reason why they are 6/6 in the Finals and playing in a tougher era makes it more remarkable.

Also, let's not forget the Mavs took this Spurs team to game 7.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 11:49 AM
mythologists keep bringing him up, but jordan aint winning with this heat team, either. lebron didnt have the GOAT rebounder, GOAT perimeter defender and GOAT coach to save him.

facts

Hey retard did a Jordan fan start this thread? No it was Lebronstan....and if ur ass knew how to read, he said Jordan's Bulls teams....Lebron also would have 17 first quarter points then wait until 20 something seconds left of the following quarter to score his first points of that quarter. So even with those factors hes not leading the same way Jordan did.

andgar923
06-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Lebron lost, suddenly this Spurs team is the GOAT team? Pathetic Lebron stans. 2/5. :roll:

You seriously think that a team led by the GOAT and his sidekick with the guidance of the Zen Master would let this Bulls team lose? This isn't even the best Spurs team and this team is almost the same team from last year. Their core trio are getting old.

Bulls defense is one the ATG defenses ever, their triangle offense is hard to stop and they have Michael ****in Jordan capable of taking over a game at will. In defense their duo alone, Jordan and Pip could shut down any perimeter player. I can't see this Spurs team beating any of 90's Bulls team, except maybe 1994 when Jordan retired and 1995 out of shape baseball Jordan. :oldlol: 2 three peat championship teams, good luck beating that. There's a reason why they are 6/6 in the Finals and playing in a tougher era makes it more remarkable.

Also, let's not forget the Mavs took this Spurs team to game 7.

B...b...bu...bu...but... but.... that Mavs team was an all time great team!!!

LogicalFan
06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
2/5
Excuses excuses

WEAKKKKKK

And lost TWICE with Wade ha. Damn near got swept one of those times. And got swept in his first Finals.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 11:56 AM

Strange argument. What did Magic win without Kareem or Jordan without Pippen?

LeBird
06-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Exhibit A :lol

2/5

2 NBA titles in 11 seasons, by his 22nd season, he should have his fourth NBA title:rockon:

This is his B'day. Enjoy it son, I don't begrudge you joy...just don't kill yourself when Lebron wins more rings, it isn't worth it. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
06-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Roundball and LePauk are really racking up those damage control overtime hours :applause:

http://www.aiche.org/sites/default/files/images/courses/Hazard%20ID%20course%20(ELA121).jpg

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 12:16 PM
You simply chose to ignore the Kobe stans who flooded this place for years and outnumbered Jordan stans significantly, and now ignore the Lebron stans because you want someone to surpass Jordan so badly.

Busted. :cheers:

Da_Realist
06-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't think the Bulls would have had as much trouble with San Antonio as Miami did. Miami has no real size so their perimeter defenders needed to play a risky and draining type of defense that was easy prey against a team that moved the ball. Miami wore down. Chicago had some big guys that could have protected the rim and would have allowed the perimeter guys to play a more conservative man-to-man defense without all the switches and doubling. And Chicago was also an excellent rebounding team.

mehyaM24
06-16-2014, 01:10 PM
once again, jordan wouldn't have done anything with this heat team.

why do jordan fans continue to bring him up? he is irrelevant...just like he was without pippen.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 01:21 PM
once again, jordan wouldn't have done anything with this heat team.

why do jordan fans continue to bring him up? he is irrelevant...just like he was without pippen.

:facepalm

LeBron Stan starts Jordan thread

Processing thru mehya head

Why do Jordan fans keep bringing him up....:wtf:

OldSchoolBBall
06-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Nice to see the overrating of this Spurs team has started already. All of a sudden they're one of the best teams of all time. :oldlol: Reminds me of how Kobe fans used to excuse all his horrendous shooting games/series by saying that every team he faced was the best defense ever. :oldlol:

The '91-'93 and '96/'97 Bulls take this Spurs team down no question. The first threepeat team was too athletic and electric while still having great execution and defense, and the second threepeat team was just a terific executing team on both ends while still having two of the 3 best players in this hypothetical matchup.

tpols
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
They set the record for most efficient finals team ever over the peak bulls and had one of the biggest blowout series ever.. It's a statistical fact that the spurs had one of the best performances ever.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 01:47 PM
They set the record for most efficient finals team ever over the peak bulls and had one of the biggest blowout series ever.. It's a statistical fact that the spurs had one of the best performances ever.

Against one of the weakest Finals teams in a while.

Meanwhile, the Bulls were taking the 90s Blazers, Suns, Jazz, Sonics, Heat, Knicks and Pacers to the woodshed.

julizaver
06-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Jordan and Rodman were not at the "height of their career" from 96-98, but that time they were well into their 30s.

They were just extremely high I.Q. players with incredible competitive drive that offset declining athleticism.

"LeBron Ball" killed Bosh and Wade's game, LeBron did not make those guys better.

I am not saying that Jordan and Rodman were in their peaks - Jordan's peak was late 80's and early 90's. But in 96-98 period Jordan was still the best player ( 2 MVPs, 3 scoring titles, 3 FMVPs in three years) in the league. And Rodman was the best NBA rebounder in those 3 years !!! So they both were still at the heights of their respective careers.

I agree 100 % about their basketball IQ.

Without Lebron Wade and Bosh would not go 4 from 4 to the NBA Finals.
I see it that way: Lebron is still the best player in the league but with slight margin. Just Heat are not as good of a team as the Spurs. It is detrimental to that team that they failed to acquire a least one big men for all those years. And that hurt Bosh game the most. Wade is declining due to the knee injuries, not because of James presence or his age.

Dengness9
06-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Roundball and heat/Lebron Stan's making thread after thread about the Bulls and the Goat.

Gonna be a long summer folks. Keep crying, ISH will drink your tears.

2/5

6/6

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Roundball and heat/Lebron Stan's making thread after thread about the Bulls and the Goat.

The only thread I have made since the Finals ended was about Carmelo going to the Bulls. :confusedshrug:

Straight_Ballin
06-16-2014, 02:31 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/9m0yi.jpg

KG215
06-16-2014, 03:52 PM

LeBron still has quite a bit of work to do to even challenge Jordan at this point. Two rings aren't going to cut it.

sportjames23
06-16-2014, 03:56 PM

Gonna be a long summer folks. Keep crying, ISH will drink your tears.

2/5

6/6

Needs to be repeated until we break Lebron stans' will.

LeBird
06-16-2014, 06:02 PM
LeBron still has quite a bit of work to do to even challenge Jordan at this point. Two rings aren't going to cut it.

You don't get it. He doesn't have to get as many or more rings. Did Jordan beat Russell? No. This generation will hype him as much as they did Jordan as long as he gets close.

Sarcastic
06-16-2014, 06:15 PM
You don't get it. He doesn't have to get as many or more rings. Did Jordan beat Russell? No. This generation will hype him as much as they did Jordan as long as he gets close.

Jordan has an incredibly strong statistical dominance over Russell though. Lebron doesn't have any dominance over Jordan at this point at all. The only thing Lebron has over Jordan is more MVPs at a younger age, but I would challenge that by saying that Lebron's competition for those awards was much much weaker than what Jordan faced.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 06:34 PM

They don't get it. They think this is like a job posting with clear metrics that must be met when in reality it is very subjective--something they should be aware of since their criteria is tailored to suit MJ. Others could construct criteria for KAJ, Wilt, Russell. This is not necessarily a comparison of resumes, especially among casual fans. MJ was deemed the public GOAT when he had 3 rings (1 more than LeBron) and 3 MVP's (1 less than LeBron) at the same age--even though his resume paled in comparison to KAJ or Russell and was worse than Bird and Magic as well at the time.

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 06:37 PM
They don't get it. They think this is like a job posting with clear metrics that must be met when in reality it is very subjective--something they should be aware of since their criteria is tailored to suit MJ. Others could construct criteria for KAJ, Wilt, Russell. This is not necessarily a comparison of resumes, especially among casual fans. MJ was deemed the public GOAT when he had 3 rings (1 more than LeBron) and 3 MVP's (1 less than LeBron) at the same age--even though his resume paled in comparison to KAJ or Russell and was worse than Bird and Magic as well at the time.

Meh his resume was fairly comparable even then.

3 titles as the no.1 option is fairly rare even today in basketball.

Kareem won 2 or 3 as the no.1 option. Magic had 2 or 3. Bird had 3.

Jordan also had several MVPs and the career scoring lead (ppg) by a large margin over Wilt.

He already had a pretty sound case for GOAT at that point.

Winning another 3 titles as the no.1 option just iced it, including finishing his Bulls career in the most dramatic way possible.

Jordan and Russell are the only guys with more than 3 rings as the no.1 option and in Russell's case even that's kinda hazy because he was always the no.2/3 option on those Celtics teams offensively.

played0ut
06-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Jordan and Russell are the only guys with more than 3 rings as the no.1 option and in Russell's case even that's kinda hazy because he was always the no.2/3 option on those Celtics teams offensively.

That is if you value just scoring over everythign else. He was their definitive leader and set the culture of winning on that team. He was the intimidator and defensive anchor. His impact was no less than players who avg 30 PPG a game.

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Meh his resume was fairly comparable even then.

:biggums:

Kareem: 6 MVP's, 6 rings, 10 Finals.
Russell: 5 MVP's, 11 rings, 12 Finals.
Bird: 3 MVP's, 3 rings, 5 Finals.
Magic: 3 MVP's, 5 rings, 9 Finals.
Jordan: 3 MVP's, 3 rings, 3 Finals.

Which one is not like the others?

This is an ironic argument: LeBron has 4 MVP's, 2 rings, 5 Finals at the same point yet MJ stans are clowning him for it.

knicksman
06-16-2014, 06:51 PM

clearly someone doesnt understand momentums and is just a stat nerd. But what did I expect from lebron stans.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 06:53 PM

This is an ironic argument: LeBron has 4 MVP's, 2 rings, 5 Finals at the same point yet MJ stans are clowning him for it.

How many seasons?

knicksman
06-16-2014, 07:05 PM

theyre fans of all around players. They want to prove all around players are better yet oscar robertson hasnt won as the man. They are the biggest idiots on this board

Roundball_Rock
06-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Calabis, the point was MJ was coronated before he had anywhere near the resume. That was presented as evidence that this, as far as the media is concerned, is not a contest of resumes. If LeBron gets anywhere in the same zip code as MJ's resume, the media will coronate him as well. He already is there in terms of MVP's. He just needs to get to at least 4 rings and the media will go to work...

knicksman
06-16-2014, 07:16 PM
if kobe could destroy a prime spurs. What would jordan do with these grandpa spurs. Thats why jordan>>kobe>>bran

Soundwave
06-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Jordan - 3 titles, 3 MVPs, 3 FMVPs, 7 time scoring champion (winning 7 years in a row, lol), highest ppg in NBA history

He had a case by '93 because he was the no.1 man on all three titles. He also threepeated which is something Bird, Magic, Kareem, etc. couldn't get done.

That and it wasn't just "fans" saying this Magic I believe by then had said Jordan was GOAT, so did Bird, I think Isiah came around by the 2nd threepeat, lol.

If LeBron had won this year a lot of people would put him in the top 3.

It's a very hard standard to live up to, truthfully the NBA may not see anything like Jordan again for a long, long time.

Calabis
06-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Calabis, the point was MJ was coronated before he had anywhere near the resume. That was presented as evidence that this, as far as the media is concerned, is not a contest of resumes. If LeBron gets anywhere in the same zip code as MJ's resume, the media will coronate him as well. He already is there in terms of MVP's. He just needs to get to at least 4 rings and the media will go to work...

Lebron is already in the zip code, just don't see him surpassing Jordan.

TheMan
06-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Jordan has an incredibly strong statistical dominance over Russell though. Lebron doesn't have any dominance over Jordan at this point at all. The only thing Lebron has over Jordan is more MVPs at a younger age, but I would challenge that by saying that Lebron's competition for those awards was much much weaker than what Jordan faced.
Ding ding!

I always have to remind my younger nephews of that fact, Bran has Durant, Rose, Melo, Howard, Paul as competition for MVP. Not a bad group but...

Jordan had Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Shaq, Karl Malone etc as competition.

MJ's competition > LeBron's competition and it's not even close. Jordan lost MVPs to GOATs Bird and Johnson is the 80s and left two prime years on the table when he retired. MJ's 5 MVPs could be 7-8, easily.

veilside23
06-16-2014, 08:26 PM

2/5 finals? is that better than 3/3? LoL the reason why barkley Malone ewing are only in 2nd tier guess because of who? even hakeem's title would have changed if Jordan didn't "retire"

TheMan
06-16-2014, 08:43 PM
You always mention the media, have you not been watching ESPN? The hype IS THERE! The reason it gets no traction with popular opinion is because LeBron isn't delivering. 2011 was a huge hit on people's impression of James and this year's Finals won't help him at all.

MJ was hyped up as someone who delivered, especially when the chips were down and he never disappointed. Perhaps if he lost a Finals or two, his hold as GOAT might've not been as firm but it's going to be hard to convince people that a player who lost numerous Finals is better than a guy who once he became champ, no one defeated him.

You pretend LeBron will just keep up piling up titles but in 11 seasons he only has two and it could've easily been one were it not for a huge choke and a miracle shot. There are no guarantees LBJ wins another one. It's a team game and the Heat look done. How many years did it take Duncan to get his 5th, and he's playing for a great franchise and a GOAT NBA coach. It would not shock me at all if LeBron never gets another title, I don't say this as a hater, winning multiple titles IS NOT THE NORM. If I had to guess, I'd say LeBron ends up with 4 titles but I'm just guessing. Four titles would be a great achievement, only you stans that have a hard on to 'surpass' Jordan think not having six or more titles is some sort of insult. :facepalm

Psileas
06-16-2014, 09:17 PM
2/5 finals? is that better than 3/3? LoL the reason why barkley Malone ewing are only in 2nd tier guess because of who? even hakeem's title would have changed if Jordan didn't "retire"

Barkley, Malone and Ewing are in the 2nd tier (Ewing maybe even lower) because they simply weren't great enough for the 1st. Take Jordan away and Barkley still wins 1 title at best and 0 more MVP's, Ewing probably no more than 1 title and still 0 MVP's and Malone might have the best resume, at 1-2 titles, maybe 1 MVP more (although, in case he wins it in 1998, there's much less likelihood they award him a 3rd in a row in 1999), but still retains the playoff underachiever status, because that was something that haunted him for multiple seasons.
Hakeem's title might have not existed if Jordan hadn't retired, but that's easier said than done. We certainly can't talk with anywhere near 100% certainty.

dubeta
06-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Ding ding!

I always have to remind my younger nephews of that fact, Bran has Durant, Rose, Melo, Howard, Paul as competition for MVP. Not a bad group but...

Jordan had Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Shaq, Karl Malone etc as competition.

MJ's competition > LeBron's competition and it's not even close. Jordan lost MVPs to GOATs Bird and Johnson is the 80s and left two prime years on the table when he retired. MJ's 5 MVPs could be 7-8, easily.

LMAO biased much? Comparing Jordan's entire career competition vs Lebron's last 3 years competition

Lebrons first half of career he was battling A.I, Vince, TMac, Kobe, Wade, Melo, Paul Pierce, Shaq, Duncan, Steve Nash, Dirk for MVP and in his second half he's battling Rose, Durant, Melo, Howard, Paul, Steph Curry, Griffin, Anthony Davis etc.

KG215
06-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Jordan didn't have to beat Russell. His statistical edge was quite large. As it sits right now, LeBron still has quite a bit of work to do before anyone that follows basketball would logically consider/call LeBron the GOAT over Jordan (if that's who they/you think the "GOAT" discussion is between).

I'm not saying, overall ipact wise and purely from a basketball standpoint, LeBron and Jordan aren't equals or anything. But in terms of that AND accomplishments, stats, etc., Jordan has a considerable edge right now with four more rings than LeBron. And yes, like it or not, the 6-for-6 in Finals is a big deal in a lot of people's eyes, especially when you compare him to a player who is 2-for-5 right now. I'm not a fan of that argument because it's essentially punishing a player for making the Finals, but it's still something plenty of people look at.

houston
06-16-2014, 11:12 PM
This 14 spurs team can beat any second 3 peat Bulls team