PDA

View Full Version : Draft prospect PG rankings

el gringos
06-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Interested to see how you all would rank this years pg group. It is deep and a huge position of need for the Knicks. What player should be gone after?

1-exum 6-6 Australia
2-smart 6-3 Oklahoma State
3-Lavine 6-5 UCLA
4-Payton 6-4 Lousiana Lafayette
5-Johnson 6-3 Arizona
6-dinwiddie 6-6 Colorado

franchize
06-16-2014, 09:22 AM
I think Lavine is going to be a SG in the NBA but either way, when did we get a draft pick?

el gringos
06-16-2014, 06:00 PM
I think Lavine is going to be a SG in the NBA but either way, when did we get a draft pick?
Each and every team looking at lavine would look at him first at pg. Because that's where the highest ceiling is. Levine, exum, and smart could all end up at sg but their first chances will all come at pg.

If the Knicks somehow came up w a pick for lavine they would be drafting him as a pg.

What would you so if you got a pick around 20 and had Payton or Levine both sliding to you?

franchize
06-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Each and every team looking at lavine would look at him first at pg. Because that's where the highest ceiling is. Levine, exum, and smart could all end up at sg but their first chances will all come at pg.

If the Knicks somehow came up w a pick for lavine they would be drafting him as a pg.

What would you so if you got a pick around 20 and had Payton or Levine both sliding to you?
That's a big what if. It depends on who else "slid" to us. This draft isn't nearly as promising as others make it out to be at the top but it's far deeper than people have given it credit for as well IMO. If a guy like James Young for instance slides out of the lottery, there's no way I wouldn't take him regardless of what team I am choosing for.

el gringos
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
That's a big what if. It depends on who else "slid" to us. This draft isn't nearly as promising as others make it out to be at the top but it's far deeper than people have given it credit for as well IMO. If a guy like James Young for instance slides out of the lottery, there's no way I wouldn't take him regardless of what team I am choosing for.
Young is interesting.

Stauskas
G Harris
McDermott
Kyle Anderson

Young is below 3 or even all 4 many rankings. He might be the best of the group

I'm just really not into getting Hairston.

Rameek
06-18-2014, 03:10 PM
I pretty much dont think the Knicks will draft and develop a PG. Its going to be someone they acquire. The only positions I can see them drafting and developing is SG/SF or a Center.