PDA

View Full Version : My Lebron thoughts...

niko
06-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Yes, I made my own thread but considering I post 4 times a week now and the Lebron stans posted 5 threads a day the whole playoffs you can indulge me I think.

First, as great as Lebron is some of you are delusional in how automatic you thought it would be for him to win a title every year. Maybe you can shut the **** up about it now. And one thing I think I can say definitely about Jordan vs. Lebron is Jordan was a better leader, either through personality or fear because Jordan teams didn’t come out flat pretty much ever. Lebron himself, his effort is never lacking. But sometimes his teams look flat, look beaten., pack it in pretty easily. I remember always thinking that if the Bulls just have a few off games we can take them, but they didn’t. Every game was a war, every time. The Heat not so much…

Second, I can’t see Lebron leaving. I think it’s a terrible choice if he does. This is his team, pretty much all the talk about it being Wade’s team, stacking the deck, etc. has been sent away. Why restart that? Why give yourself a mercenary image? Why have people saying (again) that Lebron can only win if he stacks the deck, untrue as it is? I think he should stay, and I think he does stay. The only way I see him not staying is if Wade insists on $24M a year which would kill that team’s ability to make moves.

BTW slightly off topic but that Duncan, my god…

Patrick Chewing
06-16-2014, 09:25 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10421299_821003851244957_6595665742836415903_n.jpg

DukeDelonte13
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
i tend to think wade is going to make it easy on Lebron staying. That franchise owes Wade everything from his first chip with shaq to colluding with Lebron and Bosh and bringing them over. If he opts out and signs a cheap deal Miami fans better build that d-bag a statue :oldlol:

niko
06-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Wade legit has how many good years left? 2? To me, this is what you do. Someone tell me if this is allowed.

Instead of 2 years $25m (the kobe standard) give him 5 years $12M. Or 4 years $14M or something like that. He stays the remainder of his career, gets his money (if he gets hurt and needs to retire you buy him out at full value) and the heat get cap room.

Fair?

imdaman99
06-16-2014, 09:40 AM
I think Wade will do the right thing and take a paycut even though he doesn't have to.

But that does not mean bran should recruit Melo too now. Wade probably can't play well against the best teams anymore, which all happen to be in the West. He looked fine versus the Pacers, who supposedly had the best defense. If there is a scapegoat right now, it IS Wade. I don't like bran but he did come out to play.

And I can agree with your MJ-bran comparison, the Bulls always came out to play but I don't think they ever played a team with this much ball movement. The Heat had always come out to play before this series, other than in 2011 Finals, even though those games were so much closer.

Beastmode88
06-16-2014, 09:41 AM
It's just hilarious people automatically bring up bran leaving. He lost in the finals so he's gonna collude with someone else. The decision will def go down in his legacy.

Real14
06-16-2014, 09:46 AM
I agree Niko. Lebron just doesn't have that killer instinct to takeover and lead his team to rings like that like Jordan and Kobe had. Lebron iz just a lil lost soul who needs better guidance and better "decision" making to become that guy.

Dresta
06-16-2014, 09:48 AM
I think Wade will do the right thing and take a paycut even though he doesn't have to.

But that does not mean bran should recruit Melo too now. Wade probably can't play well against the best teams anymore, which all happen to be in the West. He looked fine versus the Pacers, who supposedly had the best defense. If there is a scapegoat right now, it IS Wade. I don't like bran but he did come out to play.

And I can agree with your MJ-bran comparison, the Bulls always came out to play but I don't think they ever played a team with this much ball movement. The Heat had always come out to play before this series, other than in 2011 Finals, even though those games were so much closer.
C'mon now, what nonsense. Most of these 'best teams' in the West play pretty ass defense and Wade would have no problem scoring against them. SA were particularly good at taking away the lane and forcing TO's with active defense and none of the other Western teams would've given Miami anything like the same amount of trouble.

The Clippers for example... Bron and Wade and Bosh would have torn them to shreds offensively.

AintNoSunshine
06-16-2014, 09:59 AM
I agree pretty much, Jordan was the most fierce competitor there ever was. Nobody is on his competitive level. But Bosh isnt exactly Rodman as far as toughness goes, Wade isnt Pippen either. This Heat team personnel simply isnt built to have Goat level toughness.

GimmeThat
06-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Derek Fisher was just about the only player that could call out Kobe's Bull Shit without even putting up any legitimate stats.

there really aren't that many players in this league that can do that with Lebron.

Real14
06-16-2014, 10:00 AM
I agree pretty much, Jordan was the most fierce competitor there ever was. Nobody is on his competitive level. But Bosh isnt exactly Rodman as far as toughness goes, Wade isnt Pippen either. This Heat team personnel simply isnt built to have Goat level toughness.
here comes tha damn excuses:lol

AintNoSunshine
06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
here comes tha damn excuses:lol

Lol what excuse? I am telling you as far as toughness goes, Jordan >Bron, Pippen>Wade, Rodman>Bosh. Are you going to disagree with that lil fa9?

Derka
06-16-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm all set with people saying Wade needs to "do the right thing and take a paycut." That is some bullshit right there. He's won three rings and made basketball matter in Miami again. The only objectively right thing to do is honor the damn agreement that was signed and pay him what he's owed after four Finals appearances in four years.

niko
06-16-2014, 10:07 AM

You couldn't play like this in those days, people need to stop the comparisons. Parker would be completely useless in the 1990's (they'd hold him and beat the crap out him). Duncan would have Rodman dropkicking him. The Spurs would be good but totally different, this fluid passing game wouldn't have been feasible with everyone getting grabbed, held, pushed all over. It's a different game.

niko
06-16-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm all set with people saying Wade needs to "do the right thing and take a paycut." That is some bullshit right there. He's won three rings and made basketball matter in Miami again. The only objectively right thing to do is honor the damn agreement that was signed and pay him what he's owed after four Finals appearances in four years.
He doesn't need to do anything, but if he wants to remain with Lebron and possibly win more titles then he needs to make that feasible. Lebron should stay on the team with Wade taking up 30% of the cap not being able to play half the season?

Real14
06-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Lol what excuse? I am telling you as far as toughness goes, Jordan >Bron, Pippen>Wade, Rodman>Bosh. Are you going to disagree with that lil fa9?
but who's fault that they are not tough minded tho?

tmacattack33
06-16-2014, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=niko]Yes, I made my own thread but considering I post 4 times a week now and the Lebron stans posted 5 threads a day the whole playoffs you can indulge me I think.

First, as great as Lebron is some of you are delusional in how automatic you thought it would be for him to win a title every year. Maybe you can shut the **** up about it now. And one thing I think I can say definitely about Jordan vs. Lebron is Jordan was a better leader, either through personality or fear because Jordan teams didn

Derka
06-16-2014, 10:27 AM
He doesn't need to do anything, but if he wants to remain with Lebron and possibly win more titles then he needs to make that feasible. Lebron should stay on the team with Wade taking up 30% of the cap not being able to play half the season?
Wade's got three rings already...he could win six and he'd never be in the Jordan conversation with Lebron on his team, so what's his motivation there? Don't tell me its about competition and trying to be better than everyone else; the only reason we're talking about paycuts and the like is so that Miami can actively avoid competition by souping the roster up with more studs...which speaks to having exactly no competitive juices in your body whatsoever.

Meanwhile, if Lebron wants to flee...let him. At that point, his legacy is the one getting scoffed at, not Wade's. Wade will be guilty of nothing more than his body growing old, something all players eventually have to deal with.