PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 players going into 14-15

Jef
06-16-2014, 10:50 AM
2013-14 was pretty interesting in terms of some individual performances.

KD's hot streak was well documented, and Lebron was again just an insane overall player, and both will have huge expectations again next year. But guys like Paul George and Blake Griffin also really made big leaps up to the next level and will be even more scrutinized in 14-15. Kawhi is going to be under a crazy microscope for the first time in his career.

So who are the top players going into next year?

My list:

1. Lebron James - horribly disappointing finals performance, but remains the best player in the world no matter what jersey he is wearing

2. Kevin Durant - still second on the list, but has some huge facets of his game to improve on (i.e. not getting bullied 30 feet from the basket by a 400 year old Manu)

3. Russell Westbrook - will have an entire offseason to make sure knee is right, and I expect him to pick up right where he left off in the playoffs. still some work to do as far as his decision making at times, but he had 2-3 of the most insane games by anyone in the playoffs. Cemented himself as the top player at the PG position in the league (regardless of your brilliant and surely original views on what makes a PG, etc. etc. etc.), and one of the true alpha dogs of the modern era.

4. Chris Paul - another post season let down, but still a master of running a team. i hate chris paul so, so much but cannot deny that he is a beast of a player when his head is right

5. Paul George - expect him to improve more still, and you cant deny his physical talent. SHOULD be the 3rd best player in the league within 2 years

6. Anthony Davis - a bit of a projection here, and you could argue that he could be at #5, but i think 6 is a good spot for him starting next season. really hope to see him take another step. pretty undeniable talent with scary room for growth

7. Blake Griffin - one of my least favorite players in the league, but made an undeniable leap this year in improving his all around game. if he does it again, the top 5 is not far out of reach

8. Damian Lillard - already one of the best clutch players in the leage, and i think he cements himself as a clear cut top 10 overall guy next year

9. Lamarcus Aldridge - beast of a season, and i hope he stays with portland and lillard

10. Kevin Love - going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but i believe Love is a top 10 player still going into next year. I guess he will have a chance to actually prove it on an improved team soon.

Next 10:
Curry
Harden
Dwight
Kawhi
Carmelo
Noah
Parker
Ibaka
Wall
Rose

imdaman99
06-16-2014, 10:53 AM
As a Knicks fan going forward, I agree Kawhi >>>>>>> Melo

No sarcasm. Kawhi top 15, Pop can't hold him back no more to save the Spurs money :bowdown:

Jlamb47
06-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Kd
Lebron
Westbrook
Paul George
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin
Chris Paul
Levin Love
Carmelo Anthony
John Wall
Leonard
Curry

Jef
06-16-2014, 10:58 AM
As a Knicks fan going forward, I agree Kawhi >>>>>>> Melo

No sarcasm. Kawhi top 15, Pop can't hold him back no more to save the Spurs money :bowdown:

as you even attempt to make a list like this, what is striking is how much good young talent there is in the league.

lbj and melo migth HAVE to team up - there are some good ****ing young players coming up the ranks. lebron is still the best player by a wide margin, but realistically i think his reign as the undisputed #1 player in the league will end soon.

last night, as i smiled from ear to ear watching him lose, it did hit me for the first time - lebron is an all time great no matter where you place him in the rankings, and we (myself included) have spent 10 years hating him and hoping for failure. kind of ignorant in a way - greatness is greatness, and im not sure i appreciated lebron during his peak.

it's odd because i am somewhat rooting for Argentina to win the world cup soley because i want to see Messi's greatness cemented. if okc cant win the title, i dont know why i dont feel the same way about lebron

SexSymbol
06-16-2014, 11:00 AM
1. Durant
2. LeBron.
3. Kobe
4. Melo
5. Blake Griffin
6. Chris Paul
7. Russell Westbrook
8. Stephen Curry
9. Tony Parker
10. Anthony Davis

pegasus
06-16-2014, 11:01 AM
KD played MUCH better in the regular season, and played better against the team that beat both of them in the playoffs. KD >>> Lebron and it'll be even more obvious next season.

kells333
06-16-2014, 11:05 AM
1. Lebron
2. Kd
3. Blake
4. Westbrook
5. Davis
6. George
7. Dwight
8. Cp3
9. D-rose
10.melo

SexSymbol
06-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Wait, people still think Durant will be above LeBron? :lol

They getting frustrated :roll:

Bad times for Bron Haters.. he keeps on owning this league :oldlol:
Durant has been better this year and he's getting into his peak years while Lebron is drifting away from his peak years, what do you expect people to think?

Jef
06-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Wait, people still think Durant will be above LeBron? :lol

They getting frustrated :roll:

Bad times for Bron Haters.. he keeps on owning this league :oldlol:

i obviously think lebron is the better player, but it is worth pointing out that KD has more room for growth than lebron at this point.

the main exposure of kd/okc offense was when the spurs were able to put kawhi on westbrook and kd couldnt make them pay. he needs to develop a way of...making them pay.

Rubio2Gasol
06-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Give me Russel Westbrook of anyone I saw in the playoffs.

Give him a competent coach while we're at it.

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Durant has been better this year and he's getting into his peak years while Lebron is drifting away from his peak years, what do you expect people to think?

I think the postseason has shown that LeBron >> Durant :cheers:

Are you one of those that marked this season off with Durefula as Nr.1 Player? :lol

SexSymbol
06-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I think the postseason has shown that LeBron >> Durant :cheers:

Are you one of those that marked this season off with Durefula as Nr.1 Player? :lol
Yes, post season showed, that Durant > LeBron this year
Durant got to WCF and played better against San Antonio than LeBron did.
LeBron coasted through incredibly weak east and the choked against SAS

K Xerxes
06-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes, post season showed, that Durant > LeBron this year
Durant got to WCF and played better against San Antonio than LeBron did.
LeBron coasted through incredibly weak east and the choked against SAS

What? How exactly did Durant play better than LeBron against SAS? Did you even watch the series? Durant was poor, and this is with his 'second option' Westbrook outperforming him while lebron had no help.

Lebron could have played better but was the best player in this year's playoffs.

nathanjizzle
06-16-2014, 11:51 AM
ppl sleeping on d rose. he could end up being top 3 this year

Jlamb47
06-16-2014, 11:54 AM
ppl sleeping on d rose. he could end up being top 3 this year

We arnt sleeping on rose lol, he hasnt payed in forever.

Dro
06-16-2014, 11:58 AM
2013-14 was pretty interesting in terms of some individual performances.

KD's hot streak was well documented, and Lebron was again just an insane overall player, and both will have huge expectations again next year. But guys like Paul George and Blake Griffin also really made big leaps up to the next level and will be even more scrutinized in 14-15. Kawhi is going to be under a crazy microscope for the first time in his career.

So who are the top players going into next year?

My list:

1. Lebron James - horribly disappointing finals performance, but remains the best player in the world no matter what jersey he is wearing

2. Kevin Durant - still second on the list, but has some huge facets of his game to improve on (i.e. not getting bullied 30 feet from the basket by a 400 year old Manu)

3. Russell Westbrook - will have an entire offseason to make sure knee is right, and I expect him to pick up right where he left off in the playoffs. still some work to do as far as his decision making at times, but he had 2-3 of the most insane games by anyone in the playoffs. Cemented himself as the top player at the PG position in the league (regardless of your brilliant and surely original views on what makes a PG, etc. etc. etc.), and one of the true alpha dogs of the modern era.

4. Chris Paul - another post season let down, but still a master of running a team. i hate chris paul so, so much but cannot deny that he is a beast of a player when his head is right

5. Paul George - expect him to improve more still, and you cant deny his physical talent. SHOULD be the 3rd best player in the league within 2 years

6. Anthony Davis - a bit of a projection here, and you could argue that he could be at #5, but i think 6 is a good spot for him starting next season. really hope to see him take another step. pretty undeniable talent with scary room for growth

7. Blake Griffin - one of my least favorite players in the league, but made an undeniable leap this year in improving his all around game. if he does it again, the top 5 is not far out of reach

8. Damian Lillard - already one of the best clutch players in the leage, and i think he cements himself as a clear cut top 10 overall guy next year

9. Lamarcus Aldridge - beast of a season, and i hope he stays with portland and lillard

10. Kevin Love - going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but i believe Love is a top 10 player still going into next year. I guess he will have a chance to actually prove it on an improved team soon.

Next 10:
Curry
Harden
Dwight
Kawhi
Carmelo
Noah
Parker
Ibaka
Wall
Rose
Pretty good list.....I agree....