PDA

View Full Version : 1984 NBA Draft Documentary

Dro
06-16-2014, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXQwHCZGiY

GREAT, GREAT documentary if you haven't seen it and would like to know more about the 84 draft......Not just MJ, Hakeem, and Sam Bowie, there are other players featured including Oscar Schmidt(Euroleage legend and droped 46 against team USA), and the last pick of the draft, can't remember his name...Also Rick Carlisle was drafted that year and he is featured...Also, Barkley is featured...Its a great documentary and I learned a lot that I did not know....

Dro
06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
bump..don't miss out on this great documentary...tons of info in here...

Pearleojam
06-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Tks!!!

Round Mound
06-16-2014, 08:29 PM
The GOAT Draft! :bowdown:

Knicksfever2010
06-16-2014, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXQwHCZGiY

GREAT, GREAT documentary if you haven't seen it and would like to know more about the 84 draft......Not just MJ, Hakeem, and Sam Bowie, there are other players featured including Oscar Schmidt(Euroleage legend and droped 46 against team USA), and the last pick of the draft, can't remember his name...Also Rick Carlisle was drafted that year and he is featured...Also, Barkley is featured...Its a great documentary and I learned a lot that I did not know....

to be honest, I thought the documentary was very poorly produced. They seemed to keep jumping around, hard to focus on it. Maybe I got spoiled by 30 for 30 on ESPN, now thats how you do a documentary.

06-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I agree with ^^

That coupled along with the 1984 draft itself was epic, I set up my expectations too high.

The production value was high enough but ended up lackluster.

And LOL at Nash narrating this... This guy seems to want to break into movies/acting.

They talked about Dan Trant #228 being mister irrelevant and all but they said he was not in his own right. How are they contradicting it? He became successful and worked in a big business (RIP btw).

Rick Carlisle looked like Jim carrey when he was younger. :roll:

Dro
06-17-2014, 12:55 AM
to be honest, I thought the documentary was very poorly produced. They seemed to keep jumping around, hard to focus on it. Maybe I got spoiled by 30 for 30 on ESPN, now thats how you do a documentary.
I know what you mean, they did jump around.....

played0ut
06-17-2014, 01:12 AM
i was looking for links to this. Thanks.

Dro
06-17-2014, 01:59 AM
i was looking for links to this. Thanks.
:cheers:

Dro
06-17-2014, 05:01 PM
bump......

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
very cool documentary. I really enjoyed it.

Dro
06-17-2014, 06:14 PM
very cool documentary. I really enjoyed it.
Glad to hear it.....everyone needs to see it......People run around here spitting way too much misinformation.....

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I never realized how Adam Silver's voice sounds exactly like that of David Stern back in the day. It's quite uncanny.

Replay32
06-17-2014, 06:28 PM

I agree with this. This documentary was all over the place. I watched it with my son. We both came away disappointed.

Dro
06-18-2014, 06:12 PM
I agree with this. This documentary was all over the place. I watched it with my son. We both came away disappointed.
I know what you guys mean...It just didn't really affect my view of the documentary though...I still thought it was pretty good.....

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2014, 06:17 PM
I know what you guys mean...It just didn't really affect my view of the documentary though...I still thought it was pretty good.....
It's worth watching just for the first 30 minutes.

The problem was, they tried to cram too many things into one documentary. This should have been solely about the draft with a quick "where are they now" and team reflection segment.

Instead, they get into a long segment about Oscar Schmidt's overseas career and then they're talking about 9/11. It got really messy in the middle.

It's still worth watching, but it had so much potential if done the right way. Hell, I'd watch separate documentaries about Schmidt and Trant and some of the other things they touched on... interesting, but too convoluted for one doc.

Dro
06-18-2014, 06:26 PM
It's worth watching just for the first 30 minutes.

The problem was, they tried to cram too many things into one documentary. This should have been solely about the draft with a quick "where are they now" and team reflection segment.

Instead, they get into a long segment about Oscar Schmidt's overseas career and then they're talking about 9/11. It got really messy in the middle.

It's still worth watching, but it had so much potential if done the right way. Hell, I'd watch separate documentaries about Schmidt and Trant and some of the other things they touched on... interesting, but too convoluted for one doc.
Yeah, thats true..I think there's a documentary about Oscar Schmidt and even Trant..Ill see if I can find them...

Dro
06-24-2014, 05:53 PM
draft around the corner, bump for the nostalgia...and also a great documentary even though it does jump all over the place, lol

Meticode
06-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Good documentary, but they did cram a lot of information into it.

HurricaneKid
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I thought it was awful. They were also running the first round broadcast of the actual 84 draft. I thought that was better. Just cut and pasted silly clips of the dream team, etc into the doc. Not worth a view IMO.

Fork
06-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Oh snap didn't even know it was out

tontoz
06-24-2014, 06:25 PM
I agree that it was a bit disappointing. Should have had more highlights, less rambling about guys we don't know. Too much Carlisle.

Gotta love the Barkley segment though. When Philly had lost a few in a row and they had a team meeting Barkley came out and said they should run the offense through him. I wonder what Dr J and Moses were thinking then.

Dro
06-24-2014, 11:03 PM
I agree that it was a bit disappointing. Should have had more highlights, less rambling about guys we don't know. Too much Carlisle.

Gotta love the Barkley segment though. When Philly had lost a few in a row and they had a team meeting Barkley came out and said they should run the offense through him. I wonder what Dr J and Moses were thinking then.
:lol

I think DR. J may have been ok with it because he was nearing the end of his career anyway......Moses probably wanted to knock him out...