PDA

View Full Version : Met Toney Douglas Today

fsvr54
06-16-2014, 08:10 PM
He was at a restaurant just off Miracle Mile in Miami with what seemed like his wife and kid. I walked by him and said "Toney Douglas?" and he just nodded and said "how you doin'?". I'm not one of those people to harass so I just kept going on my way. I think I was the only person who noticed him all day, same thing happened with Isaih Thomas a couple months ago.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Advantages of being a normal sized NBA player. Which Isiah/Isaiah was it?

SpecialQue
06-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Nice.

Black and White
06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Mean!!!! Good on ya

Akrazotile
06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Incredible story, OP. If you dont mind I'd really like to translate this into multiple languages and submit it for publication/distribution worldwide. Thanks OP!

JimmyMcAdocious
06-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Was his wife hot?

Akrazotile
06-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Was his kid?

Kellogs4toniee
06-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Nice, yea they usually don't want to be bothered.

There's these two outdoor courts by a park where I ball every Monday and Friday night. The last month Kobe has always been there around 6 to watch his daughter play soccer every friday. He sits on a bench maybe 30 feet away from us for 2 hours every Friday and after his daughter finishes he walks right past us.

We've said hi to him a bunch of times. Usually he's walking back to his car with his daughter and maybe some parents and there kids and we yell "how's your knee doing" and he'll respond etc. Thats pretty much it tho. Me and boys even egged each other and dared each other to ask him to shoot around with us but all of us knew be didn't want to be bothered. He wears the same grey hoodie each time and he usually spends his time all on his phone while watching or talking to the other parents. I remember hearing a lil kid who was near the courts talking to his friends that he asked for his autograph once but he declined.

It was just pretty cool playing the last month and knowing Kobe was very close and at some point probably was even watching us as he walked back to his car. The seasons over I believe for his daughter and didn't see him last Friday.

fsvr54
06-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Advantages of being a normal sized NBA player. Which Isiah/Isaiah was it?

The old one. He was walking while talking on the phone and I just go "Isiah Thomas!" and he just turns around and smirks at me and keeps walking.

Lebronxrings
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
is he coming to LA?

Inferno
06-16-2014, 08:39 PM

There's these two outdoor courts by a park where I ball every Monday and Friday night. The last month Kobe has always been there around 6 to watch his daughter play soccer every friday. He sits on a bench maybe 30 feet away from us for 2 hours every Friday and after his daughter finishes he walks right past us.

We've said hi to him a bunch of times. Usually he's walking back to his car with his daughter and maybe some parents and there kids and we yell "how's your knee doing" and he'll respond etc. Thats pretty much it tho. Me and boys even egged each other and dared each other to ask him to shoot around with us but all of us knew be didn't want to be bothered. He wears the same grey hoodie each time and he usually spends his time all on his phone while watching or talking to the other parents. I remember hearing a lil kid who was near the courts talking to his friends that he asked for his autograph once but he declined.

It was just pretty cool playing the last month and knowing Kobe was very close and at some point probably was even watching us as he walked back to his car. The seasons over I believe for his daughter and didn't see him last Friday.

That's pretty neat :applause: :cheers:

Pushxx
06-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Incredible story, OP. If you dont mind I'd really like to translate this into multiple languages and submit it for publication/distribution worldwide. Thanks OP!

:oldlol: :lol

HEAT111
06-16-2014, 10:03 PM
He was at a restaurant just off Miracle Mile in Miami with what seemed like his wife and kid. I walked by him and said "Toney Douglas?" and he just nodded and said "how you doin'?". I'm not one of those people to harass so I just kept going on my way. I think I was the only person who noticed him all day, same thing happened with Isaih Thomas a couple months ago.

My sisters saw Shane Battier coming out of Pei Wei months ago. He ran like hell though and almost bumped into my mom's car.

This is at the Pei Wei next to Chipotle near Miracle Mile.

D-FENS
06-16-2014, 10:52 PM
OP is a chump

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 11:59 AM

awesome stuff!

GimmeThat
06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
I wonder if people would react differently if it was a celebrity that was not known to reside in the area.