PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs Tribute - The Beautiful Game (PART 2)

1987_Lakers
06-16-2014, 11:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZvNs6r800

Enjoy

reppy
06-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks, good video.

1987_Lakers
06-17-2014, 12:08 AM
:cheers:

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 12:11 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/8b004f2c96bdfd3092ccfac17be8af2d/tumblr_n78skpzqCO1qfv2g8o1_400.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/f5422b864f3f379580bf0d0473d5513a/tumblr_inline_n0qjfl2e2a1rc6oi6.gif

MrC1991
06-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Awesome vid.

J Shuttlesworth
06-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Is there a tribute like this to the 02 kings?

EDIT: Here's a vid. Amazing passes, but shit quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglV2qpoD70

Big#50
06-17-2014, 12:51 AM
"that's Family Business."

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 12:54 AM
"that's Family Business."
Everyone in the media props this guy up, that his reactions are so "whimsical," genuine, quirky, and just "Pop being Pop" during interviews. Think about this. Imagine someone like this in ANY OTHER SETTING. If some dude you worked with in the office acted this way, you would see him as a social anomaly, someone who clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of human interaction or just plain doesn't give a ****; either way, he wouldn't be very likeable. He would be "that guy" that you and your co-workers refer to as, "yeah, dat dude crazy as hell doe."

Yet, in the NBA, when he acts like a piece of shit during interviews, the commentators just love his precociousness and giggle in delight like a bunch of sycophants, when in fact, he's probably one of the most hateful acting, vitriolic people you could meet. I don't care what his team thinks of him, how he's a great leader, as he has their best interests at heart - I don't debate ANY of that. He's proven he's an amazing leader, coach, and better than Phil Jackson. I'm simply stating, at face value, that his demeanor towards INTERVIEWERS are disgraceful, as he treats them as subhuman, and seems to get a kick out of it. People who are simply trying to do their jobs during press conferences. Even on the lower end of the scale of acting hateful, he'll purposely give quick 2 or 3 word answer to the interviewer, when CLEARLY we're expecting a little more insight on the question asked.

When watching a nationally televised game and he has a courtside interview, his full-scale hatefulness doesn't come out (that's only for press conferences, etc), but generally the distribution of answers are something like this: 40% normal, actual answers that people normally give, 60% WEIRD ASS, purposely blunt, short, flippant answers (Byron Scott does this too, and I can't stand it). Again, I suppose this is better than the full scale HATEFUL answers he routinely gives during press conferences, but it's not cool. Not cool at all.

My point? None. This is the internet. This is a message board. These are my pointless thoughts. Good day.

Big#50
06-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Everyone in the media props this guy up, that his reactions are so "whimsical," genuine, quirky, and just "Pop being Pop" during interviews. Think about this. Imagine someone like this in ANY OTHER SETTING. If some dude you worked with in the office acted this way, you would see him as a social anomaly, someone who clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of human interaction or just plain doesn't give a ****; either way, he wouldn't be very likeable. He would be "that guy" that you and your co-workers refer to as, "yeah, dat dude crazy as hell doe."

Yet, in the NBA, when he acts like a piece of shit during interviews, the commentators just love his precociousness and giggle in delight like a bunch of sycophants, when in fact, he's probably one of the most hateful acting, vitriolic people you could meet. I don't care what his team thinks of him, how he's a great leader, as he has their best interests at heart - I don't debate ANY of that. He's proven he's an amazing leader, coach, and better than Phil Jackson. I'm simply stating, at face value, that his demeanor towards INTERVIEWERS are disgraceful, as he treats them as subhuman, and seems to get a kick out of it. People who are simply trying to do their jobs during press conferences. Even on the lower end of the scale of acting hateful, he'll purposely give quick 2 or 3 word answer to the interviewer, when CLEARLY we're expecting a little more insight on the question asked.

When watching a nationally televised game and he has a courtside interview, his full-scale hatefulness doesn't come out (that's only for press conferences, etc), but generally the distribution of answers are something like this: 40% normal, actual answers that people normally give, 60% WEIRD ASS, purposely blunt, short, flippant answers (Byron Scott does this too, and I can't stand it). Again, I suppose this is better than the full scale HATEFUL answers he routinely gives during press conferences, but it's not cool. Not cool at all.

My point? None. This is the internet. This is a message board. These are my pointless thoughts. Good day.
It would take a gun to the head to make me read this. Even then I may choose death.

Dr.J4ever
06-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Great video. The NBA at it's best.

Hopefully, the Spurs brand of basketball will have an impression and change the hero ball mentality of many NBA fans and coaches. The Spurs have shown that a group of players playing together defeats superstar oriented teams.

:applause: :bowdown:

dgaras
06-17-2014, 02:45 AM
Is there a tribute like this to the 02 kings?

EDIT: Here's a vid. Amazing passes, but shit quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglV2qpoD70

that kings team had better passers than this spurs team. that peja pass at 2:20 is top 5 pass in nba history. period

davehos
06-17-2014, 04:04 AM

Jesus Christ how many times you gonna copy/paste this drivel? Sorry, you don't like Pop. It's OK. Here, let me give you a hug.

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Jesus Christ how many times you gonna copy/paste this drivel? Sorry, you don't like Pop. It's OK. Here, let me give you a hug.
lmao that wasn't even me. I was quoting Solid Snake hehe.

Anyhow, we digress. The Spurs play Mozart basketball.

davehos
06-17-2014, 04:08 AM
Anyhow, we digress. The Spurs play Mozart basketball.

We cool. Hug offer still stands. :D

JimmyMcAdocious
06-17-2014, 04:17 AM
Such a strong FNL feel. Dat combination of Explosions in the Sky, radio bits, and random speeches.

Castor Troy
06-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Spurs!!! Love their style of play.

Fudge
06-17-2014, 04:25 AM
We cool. Hug offer still stands. :D
Does this hug offer you speak of still stand?

SHAQisGOAT
06-17-2014, 05:57 AM
One of the greatest passing TEAMS ever, with a great case for best.

A team like the 86 Celtics had ridiculous passing/team game but it was "easier" for them because they had better individual talent and better individual passers. You can also look at the showtime Lakers and say something similar, plus they had considerably more athleticism and the GOAT PG running things.

:applause: :applause:

SpanishACB
06-17-2014, 06:36 AM
worked with in the office acted this way, you would see him as a social anomaly, someone who clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of human interaction or just plain doesn't give a ****

It's not that he doesn't understand or doesn't care. That's a wild guess. A naive guess.

He's just keeping it simple because he's aware (as any self aware adult with self conscience and world perspective) that the less you feed the media the less it's likely to backfire. And that words will be put upside down so being sincere is not as good as being short.

He's looking at the big picture and acting accordingly.