PDA

View Full Version : Peak LeBron or peak Shaq?

moe94
06-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Trying to show this thread to my brother. He laughed at the thought of Shaq being better.

fpliii
06-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Peak Shaq over any non-big.

Magic 32
06-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Trying to show this thread to my brother. He laughed at the thought of Shaq being better.

http://cdn1.akamai.coub.com/coub/simple/cw_gif_big/219efc30f78/fb8e99de4c47b96151e2e/1386476388_1vxk15k_2tt6jha8.gif

riseagainst
:roll:

how old is your brother?

Warfan
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

Shaq arguably has the GOAT peak, bran is borderline top 5...

navy
Peak Shaq rivals MJ.

SpecialQue
06-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Lebron has done more with less help, so I'd go with peak Lebron.

Black and White
06-17-2014, 12:05 AM
Peak Shaq, not even close.

/Thread

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Shaq's peak is probably Top 3 of all-time at worst and over peak LeBron.

Could you imagine peak Shaq today ? He would be different because they changed the rules (had to do with his dominance), but he would still be largely effective and probably the best player in the game.

Going further, he was 20+/10+ center for 13 seasons from the early 90's to the mid 00's. If his career started around the same time Dwight Howard did, he would have tailed off All-NBA first teams almost every year (depending on his health).

Milbuck
06-17-2014, 12:06 AM
You should've smacked him in the face.

Lebron's incredible, but it's Shaq, and for me personally it isn't much of a debate.

zoom17
06-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Shaq could you imagine if he had Kareem's longevity:eek:

VIntageNOvel
06-17-2014, 12:09 AM
this shit hilarious

peak lebron lose with a stacked team in 2011
nearly lost in 2013 again old spurs team
lost in 2014 again even older spurs team :roll:

Combat Wombat
06-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Kick your brother in the vag. I'd take peak Shaq over anybody but peak MJ and even there, I'd still have doubts.

JohnMax
06-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Peak Shaq was triple teamed in the post. Lebron goes 1 on 1 against Kawhi Leonard.

Mr. Jabbar
06-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Peak shaq by 3 digit miles. Tell your bro to make an ish acct so we can bully him :applause:

Fudge
06-17-2014, 12:13 AM
What season was Bron's peak?

Just2McFly
06-17-2014, 12:14 AM
peak shaq>>> all

next.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Shaq could you imagine if he had Kareem's longevity:eek:

Kareem only played 1 more season than Shaq.

Shaq's longevity is underrated if anything.

navy
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM

It really is, but people only look at the lakers then after.

Just2McFly
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM

Preach.

Collie
06-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Peak Shaq was the only player that I literally feared when the ball was in his hands. It was like watching a tornado run through a small town. You knew that when he got the ball in the post, it was a basket or foul.

With Lebron, he's great,but you don't feel like he's this unstoppable force of nature that Shaq was.

SpecialQue
06-17-2014, 12:17 AM

That's the craziest thing about Shaq. Yeah, his last couple of years were pretty sad to watch, but damn...for a center of his size, he stuck around a looooooong time.

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:18 AM
So LeBron had hobbled Wade and Spoelestra and won back-to-back.

But now you're saying instead of hobbled Wade, give him young, sensational Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson, and see if he can at least win 1 more ship either in 2011 or 2014?

Hmm, not to mention Bron won 4 MVPs and Shaq won...1. Bron won 1 Scoring title, Shaq won 2, hmm...

If I get to have LBJ playing with young, sensational Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson, and see if he can at least win 1 more ship either in 2011 or 2014 then that's an easy pick.

Mr Exlax
06-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Gimme peak Shaq over anybody.

Legends66NBA7
Peak Shaq was the only player that I literally feared when the ball was in his hands. It was like watching a tornado run through a small town. You knew that when he got the ball in the post, it was a basket or foul.

With Lebron, he's great,but you don't feel like he's this unstoppable force of nature that Shaq was.

He had the most unstoppable move of all-time too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3FXLyNFew

That's the craziest thing about Shaq. Yeah, his last couple of years were pretty sad to watch, but damn...for a center of his size, he stuck around a looooooong time.

That's what I touched upon earlier. If he was in Dwight's position right now... I can honestly seeing him playing way longer and being less injury prone. Especially if he had pass-first PG for a long tenure... say someone like Rajon Rondo feeding him the ball. Would take so much pressure of Shaq.

SpecialQue
Gimme peak Shaq over anybody.

Including Jordan?

kenuffff
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

Shaq arguably has the GOAT peak, bran is borderline top 5...

wilt had a greater peak and domiance than shaq. shaq put 75% effort in.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:22 AM
They also both won 1 Scoring title, hmm...

Shaq has 2 scoring titles, 1995 and 2000.

Cold soul
06-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Peak Shaq, not even close. Next question.

Mr Exlax
06-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Including Jordan?

Hell yeah. Shaq over anybody. I'm old school. Big men are who you're supposed to build around.

zoom17
06-17-2014, 12:24 AM

He wasn't the same Shaq when he was on the Cavs, Suns, and Celtics.

kenuffff
06-17-2014, 12:25 AM
He had the most unstoppable move of all-time too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3FXLyNFew

That's what I touched upon earlier. If he was in Dwight's position right now... I can honestly seeing him playing way longer and being less injury prone. Especially if he had pass-first PG for a long tenure... say someone like Rajon Rondo feeding him the ball. Would take so much pressure of Shaq.

no the skyhook is the most unstoppable move ever, and that is proven by 38k points.

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Preach.

Shaq averaged 34.7 mpg for his career, Kareem averaged 36.8

Shaq's last 3 years he averaged:

30, 23, and 20 mpg

Kareem's last 3 years he averaged:

31, 29, 23

Shaq played 216 playoff games
Kareem played 237 playoff games

Kareem also played in college longer. So yeah, anyway...

SamuraiSWISH
Peak LeBron, peak Shaq had upstart prime Kobe to rely on in the clutch.

The Macho Man
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2012/06/steel05-1339989306.jpg

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:28 AM
no the skyhook is the most unstoppable move ever, and that is proven by 38k points.

That was a sarcastic post of mine.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-17-2014, 12:29 AM
I think LeBron has a top 5 all time peak but this is Shaq. Peak Shaq is the greatest player to ever play.

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 12:29 AM
at his peak, shaq is the greatest player of all time

lebron or kareem are probably #2

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:30 AM
He wasn't the same Shaq when he was on the Cavs, Suns, and Celtics.

Suns Shaq was pretty decent considering his age. He made All-NBA 3rd team in his last season as a Sun and led the league in fg% for the 10th time.

You have too look at the support that Kareem also get later on in his career far outrivals that of Shaq's, but then again... it didn't help that Shaq was troubling to work with in tenures during his career.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 12:34 AM
I find it hilarious that its only kids who discredit peak Shaq since they didnt see him play. Peak Shaq is the greatest player in NBA history

SpecialQue
06-17-2014, 12:37 AM
I find it hilarious that its only kids who discredit peak Shaq since they didnt see him play. Peak Shaq is the greatest player in NBA history

You have got to be fvcking kidding me. People here are starting to put Shaq's peak over Jordan's? Seriously?

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Shaq has 2 scoring titles, 1995 and 2000.

I stand corrected, good sir. I failed to remember his 95' title.

But like I said, Shaq 3-peated, LBJ won back to back but made it 4 years. So LBJ would get Shaq's teammates to make it fair obviously, so I get to trade Hobbled Wade for young, sensational Kobe?! And Spoelstra haha for Jackson? I think LBJ would end up with a 3-peat, either winning in 11 or 14 and at least tie what Shaq accomplished.

Marchesk
06-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Peak Wilt:

24/24/8 on 68%, 7-10 blocks, 68 wins, end 8-peat, championship

Prometheus
06-17-2014, 12:39 AM
:biggums:

Dude I love LeBron, but it's Shaq in a landslide.

The only player I would take over peak Shaq is peak Jordan, and only because he could follow through and close a tight game with clutch shooting. No matter how dominant O'Neal was, he became a liability in crunch time because of his free throw shooting.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 12:39 AM
You have got to be fvcking kidding me. People here are starting to put Shaq's peak over Jordan's? Seriously?
Starting? Were u watching basketball in 2000 and 2001? Many people were making the case

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:42 AM

Pippen, was an amazing #2, don't get me wrong, but Kobe > Pippen in terms of best #2 option

The only better #2 option in NBA history is probably Magic/Kareem depending on how you want to slice it. Not to mention they won 5 ships together (Magic/Kareem).

Shaq had more help with the #2 option, but MJ had more help overall. Tough to say.

KOBE143
06-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Peak Shaq but this is so unfair comparison.. Peak Shaq has Kobe.. Give current Le2/5 any version of Kobe and Kobe would carry Le2/5 to multiple 3peats.. I think people here is underestimating Le2/5 too much.. I feed kinda sorry to Le2/5.. I know he's a proven choker, loser, beta, etc. but give this Heat team any version of Kobe and they would not lose a single game against Spurs even with Le2/5 just cheering in the bench with v@ginal cramps..

Prometheus
06-17-2014, 12:44 AM

Dude I'll take Jordan as well but you're crazy if you don't think there's a case to be made.

COnDEMnED
06-17-2014, 12:45 AM
I think LeBron has a top 5 all time peak but this is Shaq. Peak Shaq is the greatest player to ever play.
I agree with this. Peak Shaq was frightening. If you think Lebron is a freight train bulldozing his way to the basket, you should have seen peak Shaq. Fast break Point Guard Center.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsWuHblBwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUtIUnj37NE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCvTmmj6QUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6CYWJcx_I

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 12:46 AM

peak shaq = godzilla

far more dominant in the finals while playing against better competition (rik smits and dikembe mutombo > hornacek and majerle)

some players have to earn it and some can shoot 5-19 and win titles like jordan in 1996, playing like shit on a white sock and getting handed a finals mvp for it :oldlol:

Prometheus
06-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Peak Shaq but this is so unfair comparison.. Peak Shaq has Kobe.. Give current Le2/5 any version of Kobe and Kobe would carry Le2/5 to multiple 3peats.. I think people here is underestimating Le2/5 too much.. I know he's a proven choker, loser, beta, etc. but give this Heat team any version of Kobe and they would not lose a single game against Spurs even with Le2/5 just cheering in the bench with v@ginal cramps..

Did you miss the part where moe said he's showing this thread to his brother? The little man doesn't need to be exposed to this gay bullshit.

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Peak Wilt:

Christ, get that underachieving career loser's stats out of the GOAT peak thread plx thx

If you want to talk about how dominant Wilt was against 6'6 white guys then make a new thread...

pauk
06-17-2014, 12:48 AM
First of all with his size/talent peak Shaq is according to me the most dominant player i ever seen.... he had the biggest "not fair factor" i ever seen, any individual players that ever tried to guard him were more useless against him than any other players i ever seen trying to guard anybody else.... yes Jordan or Bird or Lebron or Kobe and so on. could get any shot of on any guy, but the difference is Shaq was 100% inevitably going for only one thing.... DUNK, any time he wanted, just place him in the post, give him the ball, he backs you down and smash.... guaranteed.... every single time..... literally, you think im overreacting? Go watch 2000-2002 Shaq.... it was just insane to watch, teams had to scramble their defense at an all-time rate, even try sending him at the FT line 24-7....

Yes, he was not the most overall talanted/skilled player ever, yes he didnt have the most beautiful game ever, yes he didnt do this as a perimeter player or whatever the case may be.... but for whatever time of period it was, he was to me the most dominant player i ever seen... thats it...

BUT.... at the end of the day if you actually see what Lebron did OVERALL during his peak talent wise, stats wise, impact wise, outcome wise (accolades) and considering how long the peak lasted (still lasts for Lebron i guess) compared to peak Shaq its kindof comparable, its just hard to evaluate because they did it VERY differently..... and because Shaq was just, a monster, literally speaking....

TL;DR = I have no answer, but i can say that peak Shaq is one of the only two guys (Jordan) in NBA history i wouldnt be crying over to much if i got him on my team over Lebron....

TheCorporation
06-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Peak Shaq but this is so unfair comparison.. Peak Shaq has Kobe.. Give current Le2/5 any version of Kobe and Kobe would carry Le2/5 to multiple 3peats.. I think people here is underestimating Le2/5 too much.. I feed kinda sorry to Le2/5.. I know he's a proven choker, loser, beta, etc. but give this Heat team any version of Kobe and they would not lose a single game against Spurs even with Le2/5 just cheering in the bench with v@ginal cramps..

http://troll.me/images/full-retard/you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

RoundMoundOfReb
06-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Peak Wilt:

Talk about no context. Inflated pace era. Would be like 18/14 today (rebounds would decrease more than points. Still great but stop just posting stats without any sort of backkground.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 12:50 AM
peak shaq = godzilla

far more dominant in the finals while playing against better competition (rik smits and dikembe mutombo > hornacek and majerle)

some players have to earn it and some can shoot 5-19 and win titles like jordan in 1996, playing like shit on a white sock and getting handed a finals mvp for it :oldlol:
He wasnt far more dominant but he was more dominant. 2000 and 2001 playoffs were the only time Shaq really gave a shit on defense and he was the best defender in the league. He intimidated the shit out of everyone and locked down the paint. Scoring wise they were even but MJ was a better passer. Shaq had more defensive attention he literally drew triples regularly and even quadruples in the playoffs at times. He was also a much better rebounder

Black and White
06-17-2014, 12:53 AM
First of all with his size/talent peak Shaq is according to me the most dominant player i ever seen.... he had the biggest "not fair factor" i ever seen, any individual players that ever tried to guard him were more useless against him than any other players i ever seen trying to guard anybody else.... yes Jordan or Bird or Lebron or Kobe and so on. could get any shot of on any guy, but the difference is Shaq was 100% inevitably going for only one thing.... DUNK, any time he wanted, just place him in the post, give him the ball, he backs you down and smash.... guaranteed.... every single time..... literally, you think im overreacting? Go watch 2000-2002 Shaq.... it was just insane to watch, teams had to scramble their defense at an all-time rate, even try sending him at the FT line 24-7....

Yes, he was not the most overall talanted/skilled player ever, yes he didnt have the most beautiful game ever, yes he didnt do this as a perimeter player or whatever the case may be.... but for whatever time of period it was, he was to me the most dominant player i ever seen... thats it...

BUT.... at the end of the day if you actually see what Lebron did OVERALL during his peak talent wise, stats wise, impact wise, outcome wise (accolades) and considering how long the peak lasted (still lasts for Lebron i guess) compared to peak Shaq its kindof comparable, its just hard to evaluate because they did it VERY differently..... and because Shaq was just, a monster, literally speaking....

TL;DR = I have no answer.

Post should have ended here

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Man, another thing that's pretty damn underrated was Shaq's speed now that I just clicked on a couple of COnDEMnED's videos. Holy shit was he fast for a man his size.

Just wish there was a 5-10 minute video to give a proper demonstration.

dc_chilling
06-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Shaq was the most dominant player I have ever seen.

Lebron is the greatest talent I have ever seen.

Both are the best athletes I have ever seen in the NBA.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 01:49 AM
Shaq was the most dominant player I have ever seen.

Lebron is the greatest talent I have ever seen.

Both are the best athletes I have ever seen in the NBA.

He might not have been as great as both, but Allen Iverson IMO, deserves mention on their tier of athletic ability as well.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-17-2014, 02:01 AM
He might not have been as great as both, but Allen Iverson IMO, deserves mention on their tier of athletic ability as well.
Huh? Absolutely not.

Dro
06-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Peak Shaq over any non-big.
/thread

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 02:06 AM
Huh? Absolutely not.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but his speed and stamina is up there with them too. He's probably not seen as that tier because he's not physically big. But a guy with his height, speed, and skills... he's definitely there.

Perhaps I'm just on my own here.

navy
06-17-2014, 02:11 AM
I know it's not a popular opinion, but his speed and stamina is up there with them too. He's probably not seen as that tier because he's not physically big. But a guy with his height, speed, and skills... he's definitely there.

My theory is you are using his small size as a negative to his ability, when most people attibute it as a positive to speed and skill. If that makes sense. For example, small players should be quick and have good handles and big players should not. Which is why Shaq and Lebron are more impressive.

Milbuck
06-17-2014, 02:12 AM

Nah, I see where you're coming from. There's this dominating perception that athleticism is all explosive vertical leaps, strength, speed, etc. But people just completely disregard stamina, agility, multi-directional quickness, contortion ability, etc. Iverson was never the vertical leaper Lebron was nor was he the freight train combination of speed/power Shaq was, but his body control and quickness was on another level. He was a different athlete. But he's up there with the best of them.

dc_chilling
06-17-2014, 02:13 AM

Iverson was a crazy athlete in his own right.

The thing that makes Shaq and Lebron so unique is their size.

I mean, Lebron moves like a pg and jumps 40+ inches off the ground despite being bigger than Karl Malone.

Shaq was incredibly agile, strong, and could jump in his own right despite being like 350.

You can find people like Allen Iverson in the NFL. You can't find people like Lebron or Shaq anywhere.

SHAQisGOAT
06-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Shaq. Like I've said, probably the GOAT peak, and definitely top5 along with MJ, KAJ, Wilt and Bird.

Bron more like a top10 peak, which is still ridiculous though.

sportjames23
06-17-2014, 07:22 AM
Peak Shaq over any non-big not named Jordan.

Fixed that for you.

sportjames23
06-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Hell yeah. Shaq over anybody. I'm old school. Big men are who you're supposed to build around.

MJ was the exception to the rule.

MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

GimmeThat
06-17-2014, 07:38 AM
I don't know if you can peak without a killer instinct.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-17-2014, 08:49 AM
I'll take peak Shaq over anyone.

Derka
06-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Peak Shaq without question. Most dominant player I've ever seen.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Peak Shaq. :bowdown: