PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose didnt deserve his 2011 MVP

zoom17
06-17-2014, 01:16 AM
I cringed when they gave it to him it felt unnatural and forced.

http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DerrickRoseBench.jpg

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Yeah Dirk got robbed cold

uber
06-17-2014, 01:19 AM
here we go again ...

Fudge
06-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Are you seriously still melting down about this? It's been 3 years, bro. Time to move on. Let it go.

navy
06-17-2014, 01:20 AM
He was the best player on the best team after the media was mad at Lebron.

Get over it.

zoom17
06-17-2014, 01:21 AM
Are you seriously still melting down about this? It's been 3 years, bro. Time to move on. Let it go.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342925

Brook(lyn)Lopez
Holy shit, what in the lord's name is on Rose's forehead?

Legends66NBA7

Pretty sure it's a reaction after Nathanjizzle made this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342925

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Holy shit, what in the lord's name is on Rose's forehead?
Hes Indian u racist

CHi1PriDe
06-17-2014, 01:23 AM
Led the team to the best record in the season while being the only person who can create offense. Yeah, Bulls defense was good but having boozer as 2nd option made it tough for Rose. For me, it was ether d12 or rose that year.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Led the team to the best record in the season while being the only person who can create offense. Yeah, Bulls defense was good but having boozer as 2nd option made it tough for Rose. For me, it was ether d12 or rose that year.

Yup. The Bulls had the best record with Rose in 2011 and 2012. Without Rose they have been a 4th-5th place team which lost in the first round twice in three Rose-less postseasons. They did beat the Nets in 2013--but then promptly were backdoor swept by the Heat. It is amusing people still say his MVP was undeserved when we the subsequent years clearly demonstrated his value to the team.

coolhandsteve
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Yup. The Bulls had the best record with Rose in 2011 and 2012. Without Rose they have been a 4th-5th place team which lost in the first round twice in three Rose-less postseasons. They did beat the Nets in 2013--but then promptly were backdoor swept by the Heat. It is amusing people still say his MVP was undeserved when we the subsequent years clearly demonstrated his value to the team.

This..he deserved it. I would've enjoyed a Bulls-Heat ECF rematch in 2012 with a healthy D-Rose.

Dresta
06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
I know :facepalm

There were at least 5 players better than him that year. He basically got the credit that should have gone to Thibs and the Bulls defense.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Who do you think was better in 2011? LeBron or Dwight ? And by how much?

LeBron, Dirk, Wade and Dwight..

Le Shaqtus
06-17-2014, 01:25 PM
If it wasn't Rose it was gonne be Dwight.

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Like Lebron would of won the award that year. :lol

Dresta
06-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Who do you think was better in 2011? LeBron or Dwight ? And by how much?
Howard, Bron and Wade were all clearly superior players that had a superior impact, also Kobe, Dirk and CP3 were all arguably as good as him in the regular season as well. And how about Durant? He was pretty good that year as well.

Literally Rose only got the award because his team improved loads and he was conferred the credit because everyone hated Miami that year, and idiot sports journalists thought it was a better story than giving it to Dwight (3rd year superstar, wooo!!!). Now they just look like a bunch of idiots who hideously overrated a player that was only a star and never reached the level of being one of the best players in the league.

He has an mvp and yet has never been one of the best players in the NBA. That's just silly.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-17-2014, 01:48 PM
It wasn't a travesty. It was just a weak year for candidates.

SCdac
06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Rose definitely deserved it.

He was amazing that season, very clutch. He was a souped-up Tony Parker on a team with no Tim Duncan, Ginobili, or Popovich

zoom17
06-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Howard, Bron and Wade were all clearly superior players that had a superior impact, also Kobe, Dirk and CP3 were all arguably as good as him in the regular season as well. And how about Durant? He was pretty good that year as well.

Literally Rose only got the award because his team improved loads and he was conferred the credit because everyone hated Miami that year, and idiot sports journalists thought it was a better story than giving it to Dwight (3rd year superstar, wooo!!!). Now they just look like a bunch of idiots who hideously overrated a player that was only a star and never reached the level of being one of the best players in the league.

He has an mvp and yet has never been one of the best players in the NBA. That's just silly.

I agree just look at the bulls without Derrick rose these last two years still won close to 50 games and had one of the top defense in the league. The coach has to get a lot of the credit for helping that team.

TheGreatDeraj
06-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Absolutely agree, travesty it did not go to Lebron and I don't even like the guy

another example of why the MEDIA GIVEN MVP award is useless

let's make the MVP mean best basketball player and have it voted on by coaches and players(no one can vote for someone on their team or in their family)

No more MVP for Nash, Iverson, Rose etc

Pointguard
06-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Its a regular season award.

Rose team dominated the elite unlike any of those guys teams. Heck, unlike any of those guys teams ever did. He dominated his position unlike any of those players ever did. Yeah, I'm talking their whole careers - except, maybe, Kobe. And the Bulls had more than 25 different starting lineups. Lost 67 games, due to injury, to their second and third best players. Rose had waaay more responsibility than anybody you named. He flipped more games in the fourth quarter than any of them. And This Bulls team could not break a trap in the ECF's.

Every player you named took off a considerable amount of games. Rose played harder in 80 games than any player you named did in 70. Wade and Lebron couldn't get it together and had a losing record against the elite. Simply weren't playing good team ball for a large segments twice that year.

You are talking about DH as MVP. He was humiliated that year by the other top candidates. And found a way to lose once March 1st hit. Sorry, guy that's a lost cause. That article should have educated you more than piss you off. You went in the wrong direction.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Yeah, in the same way that Leonard "led" SAS to a title.

Pointguard
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah, in the same way that Leonard "led" SAS to a title.

Do you watch the Game of Thrones? You make the King useless and get him out of his seat - IT GOES A LONG WAY.

Pointguard
06-17-2014, 02:43 PM

The Heat fans want attention turned off of Lebron and know that Rose gets a lot of attention. Expect a lot of it.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 02:46 PM
The Heat fans want attention turned off of Lebron and know that Rose gets a lot of attention. Expect a lot of it.
:rolleyes:

Pointguard
06-17-2014, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes:
I predicted it and its happened twice already. Stop being so predictable.

nathanjizzle
06-17-2014, 03:53 PM
OH NO! My feelings are so hurt. :oldlol:

Derka
06-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Compelling argument you've made. :rolleyes:

jaybee682
06-17-2014, 04:23 PM
The only people who don't think Rose deserved are people who watched very few of the games. If not for Rose that Bulls team would not have made it out the first round. There were so many games he kept them in the game with his offense its not funny.

AirFederer
06-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Rose who? My muscle memory has let me down..

SamuraiSWISH
06-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Sure he did. The year he went down, the Bulls lost hope and went down quickly in the first round. Got lucky in 2013, beat a terrible Nets team, with Nate Robinson doing his best D. Rose impression (without the defense, or distribution abilities) ... got spanked by the Heat in 4 quick games after a lucky win. This season? All this hype around Noah, a glorified role player, we got bounced by the upstart Bullets.

So, the supporting cast around D. Rose, and the coaching of Thibs is good for about a 1st round exit on average. With Derrick? He gave them the take over the game ability to get them to the ECF, and be true contenders. With healthy Rose, that team was one more true playmaker away who fit the team's structure from being perennial championship contenders.

Roundball_Rock
06-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Sure he did. The year he went down, the Bulls lost hope and went down quickly in the first round. Got lucky in 2013, beat a terrible Nets team, with Nate Robinson doing his best D. Rose impression (without the defense, or distribution abilities) ... got spanked by the Heat in 4 quick games after a lucky win. This season? All this hype around Noah, a glorified role player, we got bounced by the upstart Bullets.

So, the supporting cast around D. Rose, and the coaching of Thibs is good for about a 1st round exit on average. With Derrick? He gave them the take over the game ability to get them to the ECF, and be true contenders. With healthy Rose, that team was one more true playmaker away who fit the team's structure from being perennial championship contenders.

Good post, minus the Noah part.

SamuraiSWISH
06-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Good post, minus the Noah part.
Nah, I value his impact. But he's overrated.