PDA

View Full Version : Duncan/Parker/Ginobli had a combined $30.36 cap hit this year. Kobe's was $30.45 mil.

Carbine
06-17-2014, 10:57 AM
:applause:

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 11:00 AM

And yet Duncan JUST tied Kobe's 5 rings, and Parker/Gino are still are 4.

Look's like Kobe got to get his cake and eat it too. :lol

He's playing with house money now, and anything else he does from here on out is just the cherry on top of a legendary sundae. :applause:

longtime lurker
06-17-2014, 11:04 AM

He's playing with house money now, and anything else he does from here on out is just the cherry on top of a legendary sundae. :applause:

This. Those 3 combined don't bring in anywhere near the money Kobe does. DiscountBe

PJR
06-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Their big three taking pay cuts, in addition to Leonard still being on his rookie contract was big time for the Spurs cap situation.

The new CBA was a game changer. It basically acts as a pseudo hard cap. It's going to be incredibly difficult to win a title if two players are taking up 90% of your salary cap.

kamil
06-17-2014, 11:06 AM
If the Spurs reach the finals next year, they will more than likely win it all again. The eastern conference is trash. Spurs completely dismantled the Heat in 5 games... the Easts best team.

Duncan could by all means end up with more rings than Kobe and as many as MJ.

Worse yet, Duncan was one rebound away from being a 6 time champion already, leaving LeBron* with just one ring.

imdaman99
06-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Bet Kobe sold more jerseys than those 3 combined :oldlol:

But I get it, that has nothing to do with it, Spurs are a GOAT FO team with selfless players :applause:

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
That's why Kobe has and will continue to spend the downside of his career in irrelevance, while Duncan and co. are spending theirs competing for and winning more championships.

Kobe cares more about making that money than winning, which is totally fine, just a different mindset.

Dresta
06-17-2014, 11:19 AM
If the Spurs reach the finals next year, they will more than likely win it all again. The eastern conference is trash. Spurs completely dismantled the Heat in 5 games... the Easts best team.

Duncan could by all means end up with more rings than Kobe and as many as MJ.

Worse yet, Duncan was one rebound away from being a 6 time champion already, leaving LeBron* with just one ring.
Spurs dismantled the Heat because their ball-movement is the perfect foil for Miami's defense, and we saw very little adjustment from Miami even once it became obvious that what they were doing wasn't working in the slightest. That does not mean teams like the Clippers, Rockets, Blazers, Mavs etc. would have had a chance of beating them. Even OKC don't match up very well and would've had no chance without Ibaka (would've been a layup line for Miami).

Despite all this mindless vaunting of the Western conference they still had only two teams that had a chance of making it to the finals, and one of those teams had a key guy injured.

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 11:20 AM
That's why Kobe has and will continue to spend the downside of his career in irrelevance, while Duncan and co. are spending theirs competing for and winning more championships.

Kobe cares more about making that money than winning, which is totally fine, just a different mindset.

:lol at the notion that Duncan and Co "care more about winning" than Kobe.

Why? Because Kobe got paid, and still believes he can play at an elite level?

I could flip it and say that Kobe has a different mentality, because he didn't take the easy way out like Duncan, who's basically accepted that he is merely a roleplayer at this stage, thus his massive paycut.

kamil
06-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Spurs dismantled the Heat because their ball-movement is the perfect foil for Miami's defense, and we saw very little adjustment from Miami even once it became obvious that what they were doing wasn't working in the slightest. That does not mean teams like the Clippers, Rockets, Blazers, Mavs etc. would have had a chance of beating them. Even OKC don't match up very well and would've had no chance without Ibaka (would've been a layup line for Miami).

Despite all this mindless vaunting of the Western conference they still had only two teams that had a chance of making it to the finals, and one of those teams had a key guy injured.

I dont see how this is at all relevant to my comments about the Spurs being in next year's finals.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2014, 11:22 AM
That is one of the reasons why the Spurs have a great team... Money is available to bring talent over..:rockon: :applause:

Droid101
06-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Kobe's agent = GOAT

MavsPoke
06-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Bet Kobe sold more jerseys than those 3 combined :oldlol:

But I get it, that has nothing to do with it, Spurs are a GOAT FO team with selfless players :applause:

GOAT FO indeed!

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nba/

The Spurs are 20th in the league total cap at $63,379,810.
The Heat are 3rd at in the league total cap at $80,645,920.

Their big 3 put them over the max cap by themselves.
Chris Bosh $19,067,500 ($61,770,000) $19,067,500
LeBron James $19,067,500 ($61,770,000) $19,067,500
Dwyane Wade $18,673,000 ($60,492,000) $18,673,000

Of course no on compares to the abomination that is the Nets:
Total cap of $102,828,064!!!! They are $44,149,064 over the luxury cap!!!

The Knicks are $30 million over the cap and suck. So that's pretty funny.

But the funniest is the Lakers, almost $20 million over the cap for 4th highest in the league and didn't make the playoffs. You have to go all the way to down to the TWolves at 13th and $9 million over the luxury cap for the next team that didn't make the playoffs.

Akrazotile
06-17-2014, 11:25 AM
OP you dont understand how ultra competitive kibe is, he is obsessed with competing and winning, he'll do anything to win, he'll crawl over any corpse, he'll swim cross any river, he'll cash any sized check with a minimum value of 24,000,000 dollars. Anything to win.

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2014, 11:26 AM

I could flip it and say that Kobe has a different mentality, because he didn't take the easy way out like Duncan, who's basically accepted that he is merely a roleplayer at this stage, thus his massive paycut.

Key word there.

Yes Kobe BELIEVES he can play at an elite level. But he can't. And now his monster contract will keep him from competing into the playoffs for the rest of his career. Duncan knows he can't play as many minutes as he used to or as effectively, he took a pay-cut and is competing in June and winning championships.

For Duncan there's more to life than just making money, not that he hasn't made plenty in his career.

Kudos to Kobe and his alpha dog mentality, unfortunately it's not based in reality and for that he will play out his career in mediocrity.

Dresta
06-17-2014, 11:26 AM

Kobe only cares about himself and that is pretty much the bottom line. Duncan is the epitome of a selfless and team-oriented guy, whereas Kobe is the epitome of a selfish and self-obsessed egomaniac. I shudder at the thought of how pathetic a human being has to be to worship the guy, the rapist and all-around megalomaniacal scumbag that he is.

Especially considering he'd likely just be a bigger AI if he hadn't had the good fortune of playing with the one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen in the most dominant period of his career.

Akrazotile
06-17-2014, 11:27 AM

This. It is fine, but people need to stop making up cliches about Kibes competitive drive because its been exposed OVER and OVER again to be fake.

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Key word there.

Yes Kobe BELIEVES he can play at an elite level. But he can't. And now his monster contract will keep him from competing into the playoffs for the rest of his career. Duncan knows he can't play as many minutes as he used to or as effectively, he took a pay-cut and is competing in June and winning championships.

For Duncan there's more to life than just making money, not that he hasn't made plenty in his career.

Kudos to Kobe and his alpha dog mentality, unfortunately it's not based in reality and for that he will play out his career in mediocrity.

And you know this how...? :confusedshrug:

Before Kobe went down with the achilles injury his team was on a 75%+ winning rate since the all-star game, and he was capping off one of his best individual seasons and one of the GOAT seasons for a 34 year old in the NBA.

The 6 games he played before going down again he was starting to look like the Kobe before the achilles, even lead his team to a win by taking it to Tony Allen AFTER he had injured his knee.

I guess you know more about championship team building than Mitch Kupchak....

Dresta
I dont see how this is at all relevant to my comments about the Spurs being in next year's finals.
You said 'if' as if getting through the Western would be the only challenge in winning a title. You said they'd win in the finals 'if' they got there, not that they would be in next year's finals. Your comment was overall pretty stupid considering we don't have much of an idea what teams are gonna look like next season.

IllegalD
This. It is fine, but people need to stop making up cliches about Kibes competitive drive because its been exposed OVER and OVER again to be fake.

Yes. Exposed as having the same amount of rings as Duncan without having to take a paycut... :facepalm

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2014, 11:33 AM
And you know this how...? :confusedshrug:

Before Kobe went down with the achilles injury his team was on a 75%+ winning rate since the all-star game, and he was capping off one of his best individual seasons and one of the GOAT seasons for a 34 year old in the NBA.

The 6 games he played before going down again he was starting to look like the Kobe before the achilles, even lead his team to a win by taking it to Tony Allen AFTER he had injured his knee.

I guess you know more about championship team building than Mitch Kupchak....

Huh? What? You mean that team that got SWEPT by the SPURS in the first round?

Hmm, kind of proves my point doesn't it? Even if Kobe does play well, which is doubtful at his age coming off this sort of injury, there's no way he can play well enough at this point to balance out his huge deal.

That's why the Spurs were better two years ago when Kobe was still relatively healthy, that's why they're better now, and that's why they will be better going forward.

GimmeThat
06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
well, some players eat that hard cap shit up

while other players have an idea how much the owner is making I suppose.

deja vu
06-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Kobe's overpaid. I understand Jordan getting 30 million during his last year because he was "underpaid" before that, but Kobe? He should have been paid half of that at most. :oldlol:

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Huh? What? You mean that team that got SWEPT by the SPURS in the first round?

Hmm, kind of proves my point doesn't it? Even if Kobe does play well, which is doubtful at his age coming off this sort of injury, there's no way he can play well enough at this point to balance out his huge deal.

That's why the Spurs were better two years ago when Kobe was still relatively healthy, that's why they're better now, and that's why they will be better going forward.

Because that didn't happen AFTER they lost Kobe for the season, right...? :facepalm

Typical desperate ISH revisionist history. :lol

davehos
06-17-2014, 11:41 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/175/792/kb-white-hot.jpg

Kobe is about Kobe. He's definitely getting his cake and eating it too but the kicker is ... he's not sharing.

MavsPoke
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Kobe is about Kobe. He's definitely getting his rape and eating it too

FTFY

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 11:45 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/175/792/kb-white-hot.jpg

Kobe is about Kobe. He's definitely getting his cake and eating it too but the kicker is ... he's not sharing.

Translation: I can't make a good basketball argument as to why Duncan is better than Kobe so I have to reach for offcourt stuff like Kobe partaking in a cringe-y fashion shoot or "LOL RAPING WHITE GIRLS" jokes. :applause:

kamil
06-17-2014, 11:46 AM
You said 'if' as if getting through the Western would be the only challenge in winning a title. You said they'd win in the finals 'if' they got there, not that they would be in next year's finals. Your comment was overall pretty stupid considering we don't have much of an idea what teams are gonna look like next season.

Yeah if they get through the west, IF, which obviously encompasses any changes to the western conf. teams. Eastern teams are gonna be as shit as they were this past season, so the Spurs will have no problem with them.

Bigsmoke
06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Kobe's location is a lot more expensive too.

i'm sure Kobe uses a lot of his money for taxes and other bullshit u gotta spend in Cali.

davehos
06-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Translation: I can't make a good basketball argument as to why Duncan is better than Kobe so I have to reach for offcourt stuff like Kobe partaking in a cringe-y fashion shoot or "LOL RAPING WHITE GIRLS" jokes. :applause:

No. I'm implying only a selfish, megalomaniac would dress like that which is bolstered by the fact he fleeced the shit out of the Lakers. As for Kobe rape (which was in no part of the post you quoted)... what does race have to do with it?

gts
06-17-2014, 11:53 AM
This thread might have merit but Kobe's 30 million was on a contract signed 5 year ago before the new CBA... with the new CBA and his new contract Kobe took a 10 million dollar reduction in salary

Now that we got that out of the way how about the fact the Heat's big 3 were being paid 60 million compared to the Spurs 30 million and got blown out and embarrassed in the finals... that's a dollar per wins produced discussion worth discussing

kamil
06-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Now that we got that out of the way how about the fact the Heat's big 3 were being paid 60 million compared to the Spurs 30 million and got blown out and embarrassed in the finals... that's a dollar per wins produced discussion worth discussing

Karma and justice. :banana:

MavsPoke
06-17-2014, 11:55 AM
No. I'm implying only a selfish, megalomaniac would dress like that which is bolstered by the fact he fleeced the shit out of the Lakers.

Yup.

4th highest payroll and $20 million over the luxury cap and can't make the playoffs. Kobe got that Laker front office looking like the Nets and Knicks right now.

lakerspng
06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
that was the last year on a contract in which he brought the Lakers to the finals 3 times and won the championship twice, signed long before the new more restrictive CBA.... what's the problem?

Darius
06-17-2014, 12:41 PM
This dude Kobe looked like 40 year old Jordan hobbling around when he came back last season...

....and he is making $30m/year :oldlol:

I<3NBA
06-17-2014, 01:10 PM
there's nothing wrong with Kobe earning an obscene amount of money. he earned it.

just don't talk to me about his "competitive drive to win."

if you have the "competitive drive to win," then you would do anything to win.

IllegalD
06-17-2014, 01:23 PM
there's nothing wrong with Kobe earning an obscene amount of money. he earned it.

just don't talk to me about his "competitive drive to win."

if you have the "competitive drive to win," then you would do anything to win.

The same haters that are spewing this nonsense would be the exact same people that would be quick to discredit any rings he won if he took a huge paycut and got a stacked team around him to help him win. ISH hypocrisy at its finest :applause:

SOD 21
06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
So basically, the big three from San Antonio are self-aware enough to understand that they need significant help at this stage of their careers and that they can only win with an incredibly deep roster that foregoing that money which allows for additional talent on the roster, which is why this title feels more like the 2004 Detroit Pistons which was done more by committee than any one particular player.

Kobe Bryant is like that prideful heavyweight champion who is well past his prime, and even though it is evident to everyone around him that he is no longer the fighter that he used to be, he still doesn't want to believe it and suffers an embarrassing knock out due to total denial.

Kobe Bryant is too stubborn and in denial to understand the obvious state of his game.

hawkfan
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
We may never see Kobe Bryant in the playoffs again.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
So basically, the big three from San Antonio are self-aware enough to understand that they need significant help at this stage of their careers and that they can only win with an incredibly deep roster that foregoing that money which allows for additional talent on the roster, which is why this title feels more like the 2004 Detroit Pistons which was done more by committee than any one particular player.

Kobe Bryant is like that prideful heavyweight champion who is well past his prime, and even though it is evident to everyone around him that he is no longer the fighter that he used to be, he still doesn't want to believe it and suffers an embarrassing knock out due to total denial.

Kobe Bryant is too stubborn and in denial to understand the obvious state of his game.

Bingo.

Nothing wrong with Kobe taking more money, but don't bitch about help or winning.

Heavincent
06-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Why do people blame Kobe instead of the Lakers? Makes no sense. Nobody would say no to that deal.

chocolatethunder
06-17-2014, 01:50 PM

They do care more about winning so they took less money in order to win. Kobe instead hamstrung his franchise with a ridiculous contract. I like Kobe, I do and he's a fantastic player but his ego got the best of him in this situation. Duncan taking the easy way out? Not hardly. The Spurs don't get great free agents and they don't get draft picks. The easy way out for Duncan would be to sign w Miami or some other team. Instead, he stayed where he's always been and trusted in the organization and won. This is a guy who gladly gives up minutes and touches and stats for winning. Duncan is realistic about where he stands at his age. If you think that he can't take games over then maybe you weren't watching the playoffs this year. I love Kobe but to try and call what he did anything other than what it is, is just foolish. Part of being great is realizing what you can do. I think Kobe is a fantastic player and I expect him to come back pretty strong next year but regardless of who they bring in as a coach and in free agency, there is no chance, literally zero chance that he'll be in the finals.

Dresta
06-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah if they get through the west, IF, which obviously encompasses any changes to the western conf. teams. Eastern teams are gonna be as shit as they were this past season, so the Spurs will have no problem with them.
Right, and there you go asserting things you have no way of possibly knowing again. As i said: idiotic.

Myth
06-17-2014, 01:55 PM

Do you not realize that knowing your limitations is part of basketball IQ? You essentially just said Duncan is a smarter basketball player than Kobe. Luckily, many people will agree with that.

SCdac
06-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Kobe is just playing for scoring records nowadays, and you get the feeling anything that threatens those records is a threat to him.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Kobe is just playing for scoring records nowadays, and you get the feeling anything that threatens those records is a threat to him.

Exactly this.

It's all a facade....the winning shit. I honestly would not be surprised if Kobe had a hand in the Dantoni thing from the jump.

The perfect guy for Kobe to control and play in a system in which all you do is freelance score and nobody holds you accountable defensively.

The plan went awry when Kobe got hurt though.

But please....why do we have to pretend that this dude cares about winning as much as guys like Duncan. It's silly.

chocolatethunder
06-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Do you not realize that knowing your limitations is part of basketball IQ? You essentially just said Duncan is a smarter basketball player than Kobe. Luckily, many people will agree with that.
This

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 02:06 PM
It's a good deal for Kobe, but it's an even better deal for the Lakers organization.

I don't understand the hate.

SOD 21
06-17-2014, 02:16 PM
If Kobe Bryant was serious about allowing Los Angeles Lakers to put a championship type team around him, then he shouldn't have accepted anything more than 15 million per season with them. And honestly, it should have really been in the 10 to 12 million range based off where he is currently at in his career.

Regarding another poster that commented on how poorly Kobe looked in coming back from his Achilles injury in December, it is hard to say if that is the Kobe Bryant that we will truly see this upcoming season since he was still working his way back into shape and we never got to see how much progress he could make last season.

But no matter what, it was a stupid contract if the Lakers have any hope of being competitive this year. Not to mention, it also sends a signal to would-be free agents that he isn't ready to step aside as the alpha male in the slightest.

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 02:30 PM
If Kobe Bryant was serious about allowing Los Angeles Lakers to put a championship type team around him, then he shouldn't have accepted anything more than 15 million per season with them. And honestly, it should have really been in the 10 to 12 million range based off where he is currently at in his career.

Regarding another poster that commented on how poorly Kobe looked in coming back from his Achilles injury in December, it is hard to say if that is the Kobe Bryant that we will truly see this upcoming season since he was still working his way back into shape and we never got to see how much progress he could make last season.

But no matter what, it was a stupid contract if the Lakers have any hope of being competitive this year. Not to mention, it also sends a signal to would-be free agents that he isn't ready to step aside as the alpha male in the slightest.

You probably didn't see the interview with Kobe when he gave his reasoning behind why he took the $48 mil.

One of the points he made was re-establishing the value of star players. Players offering "hometown" discounts hurt the future earning potential of all players. When Kobe made $30 million last year, it was the 1st time since 1999 (Jordan) that a player made that much in the NBA.

The CBA has been gutting the elite players since 1999, while the value of the organizations go through the roof. The NBA is essentially trying to double cap the players.

Baseball and Football don't put restrictions on how much a player can earn per year, but the NBA does (1st cap). Then you want the player to re-sign for a reduced salary on top of it (2nd cap).

Media and un-educated fans always shift the burden of salaries onto the players. Nobody holds the owners accountable. The simple solution to the whole issue is to eliminate the salary cap.... but nobody dares say that.

SexSymbol
06-17-2014, 02:40 PM
All of those three guys times ten doesn't make the same amount of money for their franchise that Kobe does

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 02:43 PM

It's HAVE your cake and eat it too. Using "get" in place of "have" renders the saying meaningless.

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 02:45 PM
All of those three guys times ten doesn't make the same amount of money for their franchise that Kobe does

Plus we make these 3 guys out to seem far more benevolent than the are. Instead of trying to form a Big 3 like LeBron, they already had won. They won titles and enjoyed playing together.

In this situation, it's a lot easier to sacrifice money. Plus there's no way to measure their actual love for San Antonio (or their families). Maybe they just like living there and don't want to pack up and move somewhere else.

There's a lot of factors at play here beyond these guys being perfectly selfless....

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 03:23 PM
You probably didn't see the interview with Kobe when he gave his reasoning behind why he took the $48 mil.

One of the points he made was re-establishing the value of star players. Players offering "hometown" discounts hurt the future earning potential of all players. When Kobe made $30 million last year, it was the 1st time since 1999 (Jordan) that a player made that much in the NBA.

The CBA has been gutting the elite players since 1999, while the value of the organizations go through the roof. The NBA is essentially trying to double cap the players.

Baseball and Football don't put restrictions on how much a player can earn per year, but the NBA does (1st cap). Then you want the player to re-sign for a reduced salary on top of it (2nd cap).

Media and un-educated fans always shift the burden of salaries onto the players. Nobody holds the owners accountable. The simple solution to the whole issue is to eliminate the salary cap.... but nobody dares say that.

Please don't bother trying to actually reason with these delusional haters who think a guy with 5 rings & 7 final appearances doesn't care about winning and that its a "facade"

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Please don't bother trying to actually reason with these delusional haters who think a guy with 5 rings & 7 final appearances doesn't care about winning and that its a "facade"

Haha... sad but true. :cheers:

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2014, 03:52 PM

Nobody says it because it would eliminate parity from the league completely which would cost the league fans.

fragokota
06-17-2014, 03:56 PM
This. Those 3 combined don't bring in anywhere near the money Kobe does. DiscountBe

The guy should be all about his legacy and how to get that elusive ring no.6 right now.Sure he is a money machine for lal but he 's got enough money for his great great great grandchildren, taking a paycut for his team to be able to be more competitive wouldn't hurt him i think.

Anaximandro1
06-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Robinson, Duncan, Manu, etc. -> consummate professionals, classy, no ego problems, coachable, only care about winning.

Shaq and Kobe -> primadonna attitude, put their own personal achievements above the good of the Lakers.

The Spurs are the most successful franchise in the NBA for almost two decades, ... the gap will only grow larger.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-stnYJ8P-xl8/U56fgmTVTlI/AAAAAAAAC-g/qamXrIgkdbI/s1600/14.jpg

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Nobody says it because it would eliminate parity from the league completely which would cost the league fans.

League has been dominated by NON parity for over 30 years. Yet revenue and franchise value continues to increase.

hawksdogsbraves
06-17-2014, 05:28 PM
League has been dominated by NON parity for over 30 years. Yet revenue and franchise value continues to increase.

You get rid of the cap and within 5 years Chicago, the NY teams, the LA teams, Boston, and Dallas are the only teams that are relevant. A Spurs-like dynasty? Never again.

There's really no point in even talking about it, the NBA will never get rid of the salary cap. The current system already favors big market teams enough as it is, it's just that most of them, (LAL, NYK, BKN) are run by buffoons.

chopchop20
06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
You get rid of the cap and within 5 years Chicago, the NY teams, the LA teams, Boston, and Dallas are the only teams that are relevant. A Spurs-like dynasty? Never again.

There's really no point in even talking about it, the NBA will never get rid of the salary cap. The current system already favors big market teams enough as it is, it's just that most of them, (LAL, NYK, BKN) are run by buffoons.

Baseball gets it done with far more parity than the NBA. Robust revenue sharing is what they call it. Salary caps allow owners keep more of the pie; parity is secondary.

Doranku
06-17-2014, 05:57 PM
OP you dont understand how ultra competitive kibe is, he is obsessed with competing and winning, he'll do anything to win, he'll crawl over any corpse, he'll swim cross any river, he'll cash any sized check with a minimum value of 24,000,000 dollars. Anything to win.
Why are you still here?

chopchop20
06-18-2014, 04:56 AM
Why are you still here?

LOL

Artillery
06-23-2014, 08:03 AM

Russians had a term for communist sympathizers in the West. They called them useful idiots. You're the Kobe version of that term. Kobe thinks Laker fans are truly stupid - it's a slap in the face. He's trying to claim his contract doesn't limit LA and basically using the average fan's lack of knowledge to win them over. Kobe knows his contract is horrible. He knows he's overpaid. He knows Klinsman burned him. He put some spin on Klinsman's comments knowing his rabid fanbase will buy into his bullshit. Kobe's always been one of the greatest media manipulators in sports history though. This is GOAT level brainwashing going on here. But still, the facts remain:

-Kobe hasn't been in a playoff game in two years
-Lakers will be in the lottery for the rest of the Kobe era
-Kobe averaged 13 ppg on horrible percentages last season while being the highest paid player in the league
-Kobe complained about the front office putting together a weak roster while ignoring his own albatross of a contract

Pretty much confirms Kobe's contract is one of the worst in NBA history.

dreamwarrior
06-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Well part of the reason for Kobe's high salary is to discourage other teams from trying to make a trade for him, forcing the Lakers to keep him as long as they have to.

Artillery
06-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Well part of the reason for Kobe's high salary is to discourage other teams from trying to make a trade for him, forcing the Lakers to keep him as long as they have to.

Yes, I'm sure teams are lining up to sign a washed-up 13 ppg scorer. They could get the same production from Tony Wroten and he'd be infinitely cheaper.

GODbe
06-23-2014, 09:00 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT:applause: