PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron to Dallas a possibility?

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Mavs would be a core of Dirk-Bron-Ellis

I think that Cuban will TRY to acquire James, like he has with Howard and other big names. And he has money to throw around.

Dallas is a top-5 sports media market...so he will get all the attention he craves

I can see is Dirk's age being an issue perhaps, but other than that I don't see why Dallas wouldn't be a player for James.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Mavs would be a core of Dirk-Bron-Ellis

I think that Cuban will TRY to acquire James, like he has with Howard and other big names. And he has money to throw around.

Dallas is a top-5 sports media market...so he will get all the attention he craves

I can see is Dirk's age being an issue perhaps, but other than that I don't see why Dallas wouldn't be a player for James.
/thread

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Would be sick, sure... enough to come out of the West though?

I mean once you're out you got the title, just those 3 rounds to make it there..

Bandito
gino/dirk ish member would start to **********e furiously of that happens and dissappear. The end of an era...

BoutPractice
LeBron would get killed for it due to the "if you can't beat'em join'em" connotations.

Xoush
06-17-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't think it is. Just imagine the media/fan backlash, my goodness. Besides there are better places to go i.e. Cavaliers. And most importantly: Bran ain't going to the west.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2014, 12:35 PM
If LeBron opts out he'd consider Houston, Cleveland, Dallas and maybe Chicago.

Foster5k
06-17-2014, 12:36 PM
I don't think LeBron likes Mark Cuban.

Besides that, he doesn't like Marion more than likely.

He probably respects Dirk, but his age IS a huge factor going forward.

He wouldn't leave Miami to go to the Mavs. Just not happening.
-----

Lebron in Houston would be scary.

Lebron, Harden, Dwight big 3. Only problem would be the Spurs. I think they could win in 7. Then go on to easily beat the Wizards or Bulls in the Finals.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Nope.

Don't want him either. We couldn't surround him with enough for him to get out of a real conference anyway.

Le Shaqtus
06-17-2014, 01:14 PM
LeBron in the West? :lol

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Dallas has been pushing for a big signing for yrs but doubt Lebron will be the one to do it. Cuban getting some karma for complaining about the Chris Paul trade a few yrs back. :oldlol:

pastis
06-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Nope.

Don't want him either. We couldn't surround him with enough for him to get out of a real conference anyway.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Nope.

:biggums:

Foster5k
06-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Nope.

:oldlol:

Dirk would kiss LeBron's championship rings if that would make him come to Dallas.

Dirk is all about winning. Will do whatever it takes. A true champion.

tmacattack33
06-17-2014, 01:29 PM
I haven't seen Dirk play in a while but if he's still at least an all-star this would be great.

Lebron - Dirk would work so well.

Wade was actually the worst possible possible star player he could have teamed up with. Lebron - Melo, Lebron - Durant, Lebron - Dwight, Lebron - Chris Paul, or Lebron - Dirk would have all been better.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:29 PM
:oldlol:

Dirk would kiss LeBron's championship rings if that would make him come to Dallas.

Dirk is all about winning. Will do whatever it takes. A true champion.

I'm sure Dirk would, but Lebron/Ellis isn't working at all. We'd have to move Ellis...and Calderon's defense would be a problem as well unfortunately. Even though his shooting would be great.

I don't want Lebron. I want the Mavs to continue to build this team out and try to do what the Spurs have done since 2012. We have the potential for that, but we have to get the right pieces.

Lebron isn't that piece.

Trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington for Chandler

Give Lowry enough money for him to come...then sign Deng...and bring back Harris and Carter and Blair. Sign Marion cheap if he wants to come back.

Lowry/Harris/Larkin
Ellis/Carter
Deng/Marion
Dirk/Blair
Chandler/Dalembert

Championship!

pastis
06-17-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Dirk would, but Lebron/Ellis isn't working at all. We'd have to move Ellis...and Calderon's defense would be a problem as well unfortunately. Even though his shooting would be great.

I don't want Lebron. I want the Mavs to continue to build this team out and try to do what the Spurs have done since 2012. We have the potential for that, but we have to get the right pieces.

Lebron isn't that piece.

Trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington for Chandler

Give Lowry enough money for him to come...then sign Deng...and bring back Harris and Carter and Blair. Sign Marion cheap if he wants to come back.

Lowry/Harris/Larkin
Ellis/Carter
Deng/Marion
Dirk/Blair
Chandler/Dalembert

Championship!

1. Chandler? Rly? Do you watch him in NY? bunch of a loser
2.Deng? Did you watch him in Cleveland? but ok, i would go for him fo at max 7 mill a year
3. lowry = yes!

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:37 PM
1. Chandler? Rly? Do you watch him in NY? bunch of a loser
2.Deng? Did you watch him in Cleveland? but ok, i would go for him fo at max 7 mill a year
3. lowry = yes!

Here is why;

He's on the last year of his contract...and Calderon/Wright are essentially worthless for this team. Calderon is a nice player, but his defense is just too bad and Harris/Larkin can actually give you more production combined.

We really need to trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington in my opinion. If we can turn those 3 guys and their 15 million a year into something we actually need...like a center....we have to do it.

This way we don't use any of our cap on improving the center position. Chandler/Dalembert is great.

Then we have plenty of cap to go after a guy like Lowry, get a guy like Deng at sf...and bring back harris and carter.

If we keep Calderon and Wright...we are stuck with the worst defensive back court in the league...and we have to sign a sf and a center with the cap.

A trade is definitely the best way to go here.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Honestly a LeBron/Dirk combo would be deadly. Even with an old Dirk.

r15mohd
06-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Nope.

put your pride and emotion aside...lol, every team in the NBA wants James, whether they have what it takes to acquire him is the real question

pastis
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Here is why;

He's on the last year of his contract...and Calderon/Wright are essentially worthless for this team. Calderon is a nice player, but his defense is just too bad and Harris/Larkin can actually give you more production combined.

We really need to trade Calderon/Wright/Ellington in my opinion. If we can turn those 3 guys and their 15 million a year into something we actually need...like a center....we have to do it.

This way we don't use any of our cap on improving the center position. Chandler/Dalembert is great.

Then we have plenty of cap to go after a guy like Lowry, get a guy like Deng at sf...and bring back harris and carter.

If we keep Calderon and Wright...we are stuck with the worst defensive back court in the league...and we have to sign a sf and a center with the cap.

A trade is definitely the best way to go here.

yes calderon and wright must go, thats clear, but honestly, if you have read interviews from carlise etc. you can read out that there wont be much, if any, change.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:52 PM
yes calderon and wright must go, thats clear, but honestly, if you have read interviews from carlise etc. you can read out that there wont be much, if any, change.

yep, but in order to really do what we need...I think Calderon/Wright/Ellington have to be moved.

paperstreet
06-17-2014, 02:43 PM
I would love if Bron came to Dallas. But as another poster mentioned, I don't think he likes Cubes much. Although Dirk is on his last legs, I think he has 2-3 good years left. Ellis too is a bargain. And carlisle >> spolestra.

I think he goes back to Cleveland or stays in miami

+1 on moving calderon, wright, ellington. Jose is ok, but I don't think he and ellis coexist well. I would see what options are out there to move Jose.

I'd love if Dallas could acquire Gortat, Deng, Lowry. Add them with Dirk and Ellis and that's a dark horse contender.

Bird
06-17-2014, 03:47 PM
I would love LeBron on the Mavericks.

For one season.

I think like Bill Simmons does: LeBron should sign one year contracts every season with a team looking to make a title run. Go be an assassin and help teams get to the Finals and (potentially) win a ring.

Then move on to the next team.

Dallas this year, Houston next year (with Lin + Asik off the books), wherever Durant goes in 2016, then to NO in 2017 to help AD get a title.