PDA

View Full Version : Dirk

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 12:54 PM
"Listen, I think I've showed over my 16 years that I can play with anybody," Nowitzki said. "The only tough season I think we've had is when we had [Antawn] Jamison and Antoine Walker and myself who are all three kind of the same four-men, but other than that I think I've shown over my career that I can play with anybody. I'll adjust, whether I have to get out of the way or go to the corner more, post up, pass. I'll do whatever, really, that needs to be done out there to win or for this franchise to be a winner."

What a great person to have as your franchise player. Duncan has had a big influence on the kind of player/leader Dirk has been for this franchise from the jump.

:applause:

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 12:56 PM
top 15 :bowdown:

Foster5k
06-17-2014, 12:57 PM
I have respect for Dirk.

Dude played like a TRUE super star in 2011 and won a championship.

Beat Miami like a boss. Something that even the '13 Spurs couldn't do.

Rick Carlisle a.k.a Jim Carey is also a boss. One of the greatest coaches to ever do it.

DirkNowitzki07
06-17-2014, 12:59 PM
GOAT Euro
GOAT shooter over 7ft

Too bad superstars with Dirk's attitude are few and far between. :bowdown:

Jlamb47
06-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Much respect for Dirk. I use to hate him and KG cuz they were Duncans PF rivals but i eventually liked him as years past. Dude plays with passion and stuck with Dallas.

Suguru101
06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't enjoy those comments because he is kind of putting himself out there for other free agents(mainly Melo) to hear. It could be done better. Don't humble yourself so much.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
GOAT Euro
GOAT shooter

Too bad superstars with Dirk's attitude are few and far between. :bowdown:

fixed :cheers:

T_L_P
06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Duncan and Dirk: the last team first superstars. :applause:

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't enjoy those comments because he is kind of putting himself out there for other free agents(mainly Melo) to hear. It could be done better. Don't humble yourself so much.

Why?

He needs to do everything he can. Dallas has failed to get pretty much every free agent we've targeted in the Cuban era. I really don't know why, but we suck at getting guys we target.

Dirk needs to recruit heavily this summer because this is it. If this summer goes well we could have a Spurs like 3 year run...but it's going to take a lot.

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Always have respect for Dirk. :applause: :applause: :applause:

pastis
06-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Dirk:applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Xoush
06-17-2014, 01:56 PM
How great is our gawd Dirkules?

VIntageNOvel
06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
king's slayer :applause:

Fudge
06-17-2014, 02:12 PM
:lol

Of course a Heat fan would say this.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 02:21 PM
It's a team sport. A great player like Dirk is pointless without sufficient team mates.

Heavincent
06-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Why?

He needs to do everything he can. Dallas has failed to get pretty much every free agent we've targeted in the Cuban era. I really don't know why, but we suck at getting guys we target.

Dirk needs to recruit heavily this summer because this is it. If this summer goes well we could have a Spurs like 3 year run...but it's going to take a lot.

The fact that you missed out on Deron Williams is a blessing in disguise. He's completely average and one of the most overpaid players in the league. Soft as tissue paper too.

Monta Ellis was a much better pickup.

pastis
06-17-2014, 02:39 PM
wait a sec. a season ago ellis was known as a 40 % jumpshooter, not a go to guy and especially not a closer and clutch player

and now he is way better than willams:biggums:. ellis has to prof his skills at least 1 or better 2 years before talking about how good he is

Le Shaqtus
06-17-2014, 02:42 PM
king's slayer :applause:

:pimp:

riseagainst
06-17-2014, 02:42 PM
wait a sec. a season ago ellis was known as a 40 % jumpshooter, not a go to guy and especially not a closer and clutch player

and now he is way better than willams:biggums:. ellis has to prof his skills at least 1 or better 2 years before talking about how good he is

rick carlisle improved his game.

ErhnamDjinn
06-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Dirk really is a humble dude, watched his documentary of how he honed his game in this small gym in germany which was so hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, playing a game which at the time was a girls game in Germany. I was so happy he helped my favorite player Jason Kidd finally get a ring and beat Miami on there first run. I hope Dallas gives Dirk a good team to get one final run at a Championship because if there's anyone player who worked his a$$ of to win one it would be Dirk.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
- Dirk has always been a defensive liability...outside 2011 he has never been a top 5 player in the NBA.( and his post season run was good, but looking at his career it's flukey)

- Who is he trying to get ? Melo?....Bron?.... this guy has never had a bad team in his life. What a luxury.

nathanjizzle
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Great player. definitely top 25 all time.

pastis
06-17-2014, 04:24 PM
- Dirk has always been a defensive liability...outside 2011 he has never been a top 5 player in the NBA.( and his post season run was good, but looking at his career it's flukey)

- Who is he trying to get ? Melo?....Bron?.... this guy has never had a bad team in his life. What a luxury.

calm down dude, calm down. the doctors are coming. your brainsickness and mentally illness can maybe be cured, so calm down. in a short time men in white coat are coming and bringing you home in a fully cushioned room

Doranku
06-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I wish I could see a Kobe/Dirk duo making one final stand in the playoffs together, but I wouldn't want to see either of them leave their respective teams.

Haymaker
06-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Sounds desperate to me.

Pointguard
06-17-2014, 05:22 PM
The fact that you missed out on Deron Williams is a blessing in disguise. He's completely average and one of the most overpaid players in the league. Soft as tissue paper too.

So true.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 05:26 PM
"Listen, I think I've showed over my 16 years that I can play with anybody," Nowitzki said. "The only tough season I think we've had is when we had [Antawn] Jamison and Antoine Walker and myself who are all three kind of the same four-men, but other than that I think I've shown over my career that I can play with anybody. I'll adjust, whether I have to get out of the way or go to the corner more, post up, pass. I'll do whatever, really, that needs to be done out there to win or for this franchise to be a winner."

What a great person to have as your franchise player. Duncan has had a big influence on the kind of player/leader Dirk has been for this franchise from the jump.

:applause:
Duncan had no influence on Dirks attitude. Why the fck are NBA fans trying to make Timmy look like Jesus for everything?

MavsPoke
06-17-2014, 05:31 PM
rick carlisle improved his game...

...by putting Ellis on the floor with Dirk who spaces out an entire defense by himself allowing pick and poppers, pick and rollers, slashers, drivers and spot up shooters to all thrive in the flow offense.

News Flash to all the Free Agents out there. Dirk makes the game easy for you.

creepingdeath
06-17-2014, 05:43 PM

http://warroomsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mavs-sweeping-Lakers.jpg
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/a8WxmP1_460sa.gif

Cone
06-17-2014, 05:50 PM

This kid needs a life. Plus, you're retarded.. Not a good combo. Keep sucking Kobes dick and gtfo please

Stay mad.

Dirk top 15-20 goat, 2nd goat PF :bowdown:

Cone
06-17-2014, 05:53 PM

Agreed with everything you said :applause:

Ellis is easily better than D-Will right now. Ellis has always been an awesome player (all-star caliber) outside of his down season with the Bucks.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:09 PM
http://warroomsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Mavs-sweeping-Lakers.jpg

really.....

Lakers coming off 3 straight Finals...

Dirk fans want to talk about playoff failures..psst

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/warriors/BarnesBlog_050407_250.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tykAddpzZ18/Tpft5CNPd1I/AAAAAAAABUU/P6tUXxVQhWg/s320/nba_g_wade_395.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0212/dal_a_mavtrio_cr_600x400.jpg

a jumpshooting PF who doesn't rebound / and is a defensive liability is the most difficult player to build a championship team around. that's a fact dirk lovers all try to ignore...

If not for Lebron putting up the biggest choke in NBA history....Dirk would have lost to the cHeat again..( only year he was a top 5 player in the L....arguably at that)

Dirk had 1 good post season run...despite playing championship caliber teams his whole career...

Cone
06-17-2014, 06:12 PM
^ one good post season run? :oldlol: dumber than i thought

all this from a kobe fan

as i said, get a life, and fizzle your way back to kobes dick.

HylianNightmare
06-17-2014, 06:16 PM
After 2011 there's not one bad thing to say about Dirk

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:21 PM
^ one good post season run? :oldlol: dumber than i thought

all this from a kobe fan

as i said, get a life, and fizzle your way back to kobes dick.

Dirk as a 7 footer gets praised for averaging 26ppg on 42% FG in the finals

while Kobe as a guard gets shitted on for averaging 29ppg on 41% the year before and 32ppg on 43% the year before that

The double standard on here is ridiculous

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I didn't know Laker fans still harbored ass soreness from that 2011 playoff sweep...that's interesting

it really was an ass beating I guess

SCdac
06-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Dirk seems like such a humble guy. How can you not like his personality? None the less, not fond of the Mavs post season record under Dirk's watch, it typically regressed from the regular season, but he's one of the better scorers of the 2000's for sure. Mavs need all they can get to get back to the Finals, a Melo or Lebron type. They def missed the boat with Howard and D Will.

pastis
06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Dirk seems like such a humble guy. How can you not like his personality? None the less, not fond of the Mavs post season record under Dirk's watch, it typically regressed from the regular season, but he's one of the better scorers of the 2000's for sure. Mavs need all they can get to get back to the Finals, a Melo or Lebron type. They def missed the boat with Howard and D Will.

??? what do you mean duncan stan? Dirk is one of the few players who always progressed and stepped up by miles in the playoffs. over 25/ over 10/ playoff performer?

SCdac
06-17-2014, 06:32 PM
??? what do you mean duncan stan? Dirk is one of the few players who always progressed and stepped up by miles in the playoffs. over 25/ over 10 playoff performer?

The Mavs post season record vs. The Mavs regular season record, is what I mean... (in games Dirk played)... They were typically better in the regular season, for a number of reasons involving and not involving Dirk.

edit: added some info... as of 2011

Dirk Nowitzki's combined winning percentage of .641 is good for seventh place.

Nowitzki has the largest discrepancy between regular season and postseason winning percentage with almost a 20-point difference.

His regular season record is amazing at 627-322 (.661), while his playoff record is a disappointing 48-55 (.466).

Dallas has become known for regularly winning 60 games in the regular season, but not for winning playoff series.

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Damn son....you replied to me twice.

you must not have seen 95% of Dirks career....

Dude was so soft he would get dunked on by 6'8" dudes and be shook for the rest of the game/series.

seriously 90% of his career he was softer then Jayson Collins in the playboy mansion...

seriously...I seen Dejuan Blair take Dirk outta the whole series by just looking at him wrong.

Soft azz Euro trash..

Don't even bother with the hardcore dirk fans.

They'll do everything to downplay Dirks help & try to convince you Steve Nash wasnt that good with the Mavs..

Even though..

Immediately after leaving the Mavs Steve Nash won the next 2 MVPS :roll:

And not only that..

he led his team to eliminate Dirks in the playoffs :roll:

But no, Dirk had never had help.

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 06:34 PM
WTF does Nash have to do with anything?

pastis
06-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Don't even bother with the hardcore dirk fans.

They'll do everything to downplay Dirks help & try to convince you Steve Nash wasnt that good with the Mavs..

Even though..

Immediately after leaving the Mavs Steve Nash won the next 2 MVPS :roll:

And not only that..

But after leaving the Mavs, not only did he won MVP that same year..

But he led his team to eliminate Dirks in the playoffs :roll:

But no, Dirk had no help.

and then 2006: with garbage team he eliminated the suns siglehandly in the wc finals with a 50 point playoff game and wins the mvp the year after.

what is you point?

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:37 PM
what is you point?

How do you not see the point?

Y'all wanna act like Dirk had no help.

His teammate left the team and immediately became the first b2b MVP since Jordan :roll:

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
How do you not see the point?

Y'all wanna act like Dirk had no help.

His teammate left the team and immediately became the first b2b MVP since Jordan :roll:
so back when Nash was with the mavs, 2004, Dirk shouldn't get any cred for what the Mavs did back then?

you realize that was 10 fckin years ago right?

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
and than 2006: with garbage team he eliminated the suns siglehandly in the finals with a 50 point playoff game and wins the mvp the year after.

what is you point?

point is he always played on great teams with good players....and always found ways to fizzle out

Just like in 07' getting swept / dunked on by a bunch of 6'5" guys.

WTF does Nash have to do with anything?

Dirk's always had pretty stacked teams behind him. he played with a soon to be 2-time MVP Steve Nash for 5 seasons . Sure, he never had a Michael Jordan or a Kobe Bryant, but that's because he's supposed to be the Michael Jordan or the Kobe Bryant of his team. People seem to want Dirk to have a franchise player next to him doing all the work, but they want Dirk to get the credit.

Being a teammate of Dirks is the most thankless job in the world. You get all of the blame and none of the credit. Dirk gets all the credit for the 10 + years of 50 wins seasons, but his teammates get all the blame of Dirks post-season failings...

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:41 PM
And :facepalm @ "single handedly" beat the suns in 06.

Josh Howard was averaging 19 & 8 on 50% that series

pastis
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
damn it must be hard only having a charity mvp 2008 and being carried by odom, gasol, mwp etc to the rings. super stacked team as always. role player 00-02. in betwen 03-08 nothing but missing playoffs. look what dirk did with his crap teams from 06-11. especially his years 06-10. if kobe would have such teams = 4-6 times missing playoffs are locked.
and then the sweep 2011

:applause: :applause:

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Duncan had no influence on Dirks attitude. Why the fck are NBA fans trying to make Timmy look like Jesus for everything?

Dirk has repeatedly talked about Duncan as a sort of "big brother" and has always looked up to him and looked at what kind of player he was on and off the court.

WTF are you talking about?

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Oh now that I think about it you guys are right, Dirk had Nash 10 fckin years ago so he ain't all that

Oh wait nvm...forgot you're just mentally handicapped kobe stans still sore about Dirk ass raping the Lakers

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
point is he always played on great teams with good players....and always found ways to fizzle out

Just like in 07' getting swept / dunked on by a bunch of 6'5" guys.

Dirk's always had pretty stacked teams behind him. he played with a soon to be 2-time MVP Steve Nash for 5 seasons . Sure, he never had a Michael Jordan or a Kobe Bryant, but that's because he's supposed to be the Michael Jordan or the Kobe Bryant of his team. People seem to want Dirk to have a franchise player next to him doing all the work, but they want Dirk to get the credit.

Being a teammate of Dirks is the most thankless job in the world. You get all of the blame and none of the credit. Dirk gets all the credit for the 10 + years of 50 wins seasons, but his teammates get all the blame of Dirks post-season failings...

Kobe's help >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk's help...and it's not close.

Only time they ever met in the playoffs....Kobe's team was a huge favorite...and Kobe got swept.

End of story. Head to head...when the games matter...Dirk is undefeated against Kobe.

Maybe his teammates would get more credit if they weren't routinely sucking ass in the playoffs.

One guy ups his game....to the tune of 26/10/3 58% TS in the playoffs. Virtually all of his other teammates regressed consistently in the playoffs.

Why are you in this thread though?

Cone
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Damn son....you replied to me twice.

you must not have seen 95% of Dirks career....

Dude was so soft he would get dunked on by 6'8" dudes and be shook for the rest of the game/series.

seriously 90% of his career he was softer then Jayson Collins in the playboy mansion...

seriously...I seen Dejuan Blair take Dirk outta the whole series by just looking at him wrong.

Soft azz Euro trash..

So what? son.. :oldlol:

you obviously are just a hater. so im done.. not gonna waste my time replying to a low life kid with an agenda.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Dirk has repeatedly talked about Duncan as a sort of "big brother" and has always looked up to him and looked at what kind of player he was on and off the court.

WTF are you talking about?

Speaking of Dirk and his fondness of other players..

wonder who Dirk thinks is the best player of his generation?.....or his favorite player?

hmmm......

Maybe Dirk can come to LA...he is a better Version of Gasol....

come to La Dirk...you can be Kobe's Gasol anytime!

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I didn't know Laker fans still harbored ass soreness from that 2011 playoff sweep...that's interesting

it really was an ass beating I guess

Someone else brought out the 2011 series, not "butthurt" Laker fans. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 06:50 PM
And :facepalm @ "single handedly" beat the suns in 06.

Josh Howard was averaging 19 & 8 on 50% that series

So?

Lamar Odom averaged 19/11/5 against the same team....

bu bu bu but...Kobe had the worst team ever.

Here's a hint...Odom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Josh Howard and it ain't ****ing close.

pastis
06-17-2014, 06:52 PM

wonder who Dirk thinks is the best player of his generation?.....or his favorite player?

hmmm......

damn ur kobe avatar seems to have something cocky in his mouth. his left cheek is huge

DMAVS41

hmmm......

Great...I'd love to see Dirk and Kobe play together actually.

It would definitely have to be Dirk taking the pay cut and leaving though...and sacrificing to make it work.

God knows Kobe ain't doing shit to try and win post 2010. Got to catch Kareem doe....ROFL...

Cone
So?

dont bother. a kobe fan is bitching that dirk has had amazing supporting casts. The same guy who had a prime shaq that single handedly carried his ass to 3 rings. not even mentioning his other stacked teams.

those 2 kids you are replying to are morons. dont waste your time

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
really.....

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/warriors/BarnesBlog_050407_250.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tykAddpzZ18/Tpft5CNPd1I/AAAAAAAABUU/P6tUXxVQhWg/s320/nba_g_wade_395.jpg

a jumpshooting PF who doesn't rebound / and is a defensive liability is the most difficult player to build a championship team around. that's a fact dirk lovers all try to ignore...

If not for Lebron putting up the biggest choke in NBA history....Dirk would have lost to the cHeat again..( only year he was a top 5 player in the L....arguably at that)

Dirk had 1 good post season run...despite playing championship caliber teams his whole career...

Except that he does rebound, and before this post-season, actually averaged more RPG than Bird did... And from 2002-2009 Dirk averaged 11.4 RPG in the Playoffs, with 9.5 Defensive RPG, a top number.. Offensively the spacing he causes brings far more value.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
So what? son.. :oldlol:

you obviously are just a hater. so im not gonna waste my time replying with a low life kid

Oh it's hating....

please go into every thread in the NBA forum/OT.....OP will some how utter the sounds K...O...B...E....no matter what.:lol

no pun intended
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
I always love some good dirk.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Great...I'd love to see Dirk and Kobe play together actually.

It would definitely have to be Dirk taking the pay cut and leaving though...and sacrificing to make it work.

God knows Kobe ain't doing shit to try and win post 2010. Got to catch Kareem doe....ROFL...

I can't remember who Dirk said was the best player of his generation/ best player he's ever played against?

damn...what was his name again.....

help me out Dirk Fans!!!

Cone
06-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh it's hating....

please go into every thread in the NBA forum/OT.....OP will some how utter the sounds K...O...B...E....no matter what.:lol

read your post again. now tell me that aint mindless hating :oldlol:

peace

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh it's hating....

I'm confused

26/10/3 58% TS

vs

26/5/5 54% TS

Meh...give me the guy that scores the same on better efficiency and doesn't need to dominate the ball constantly.

Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe in the playoffs...and that is with Kobe going all 2nd banana next to Shaq for 8 years. Must be nice.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM
damn ur kobe avatar seems to have something cocky in his mouth. his left cheek is huge

at least I have an avatar "April 2014".....prolly don't even know how to operate the User CP:lol

edit: nevermind....you = alt

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:57 PM
So?

Aw somebody is rustled.

I'd love to see your reaction if D12 left Kobe & won't the next 2 MVPs.

What would be the narrative you and the rest of the Kobe haters would push?

"Kobe was a cancer" "Kobe held d12 back"

Too bad d12 got bounced in the first round..again.

But when Nash leaves Dirk and wins the next 2 MVPs the next two seasons you still have the nerve to claim dirk didnt have any help :lol

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 06:57 PM
So?

http://hoops-nation.com/community/public/style_emoticons/dark/OhRlly.png

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Aw somebody is rustled.

But when Nash leaves Dirk and wins the next 2 MVPs the next two seasons you still have the nerve to claim dirk didnt have any help :lol

That had to be the worst abandoning of topic ever :biggums:

Might as well just admit he owned your "argument"... put you in daaa place

pastis
06-17-2014, 06:59 PM
at least I have an avatar "April 2014".....prolly don't even know how to operate the User CP:lol

edit: nevermind....you = alt

suck it deep:lol

DMAVS41
Aw somebody is rustled.

Nobody claims Dirk didn't have any help.

In fact, his 03 team was the best in the league in my opinion. And Nash that year was about 95% as good as he would later become on the Suns when the rules changed and he got healthy.

Your problem, as usual, is just being ignorant. Nash was injured in 04. It wasn't Dirk holding him back or any BS like that.

If you don't understand the history...don't post please.

How has Kobe done without elite help and all time great coaching? So avery johnson with terry and howard is a stacked team....but Kobe can't get to the ****ing playoffs with a proven championship coach in rudy t and odom and butler????? ROFL....

TheMarkMadsen
Dirks most memorable playoff series is a series he scored 26 ppg on 42% :roll: :roll:

DAMN so impressive.

Kobe dropped 32/6/7 on 43% in the finals 2 years prior.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm confused

26/10/3 58% TS

vs

26/5/5 54% TS

Meh...give me the guy that scores the same on better efficiency and doesn't need to dominate the ball constantly.

Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe in the playoffs...and that is with Kobe going all 2nd banana next to Shaq for 8 years. Must be nice.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

buu...buu...Kobe wasn't in his "prime" remember...he was just outta high school playing 15 minutes a game.....

Prime vs Prime Kobe murks Dirk and it aint even close....

go ahead and use teenage Kobe's numbers ( coming off the bench)...it still don't help you.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Dirks most memorable playoff series is a series he scored 26 ppg on 42% :roll: :roll:

DAMN so impressive.

Kobe dropped 32/6/7 on 43% in the finals 2 years prior.

Um, yea, most memorable? So "most memorable", would mean for Kobe the 2010 finals you know that, right? 5th ring, 2nd fmvp and all....

Oh, and he shot 40.5%.... Wow, did you know that is the worst efficiency of all FMVP's, EVER?

Kobe fans have no room to talk. Your boy will keep getting exposed. Stay in my pocket.

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 07:02 PM
That had to be the worst abandoning of topic ever :biggums:

Might as well just admit he owned your "argument"... put you in daaa place

Oh look, it's the bran Stan who reps the Mavs who dick other posters because he never has an original thought to add of his own

Let me guess, you agree with him and think the 07 lakers had a lot if help around Kobe?

Go ahead. Admit it :lol

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:03 PM
read your post again. now tell me that aint mindless hating :oldlol:

peace

I already said it was Hating....:confusedshrug:

comprehend much?

now get off my n@tz.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:03 PM
I can't remember who Dirk said was the best player of his generation/ best player he's ever played against?

help me out Dirk Fans!!!

anyone?

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Um, yea, most memorable? So "most memorable", would mean for Kobe the 2010 finals you know that, right? 5th ring, 2nd fmvp and all....

Oh, and he shot 40.5%.... Wow, did you know that is the worst efficiency of all FMVP's, EVER?

Kobe fans have no room to talk. Your boy will keep getting exposed. Stay in my pocket.

Here is a perfect example of what I'm taking about.

You are hating on Kobe for putting up 29ppg on 41% and saying how horrible that is.

Yet you turn around and praise Dirk for puttin up 26ppg on 42%

:roll: :roll:

UNREAL

pastis
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
buu...buu...Kobe wasn't in his "prime" remember...he was just outta high school playing 15 minutes a game.....

go ahead and use teenage Kobe's numbers ( coming off the bench)...it still don't help you.

11 he got swept? ah ok! that wasnt his prime! so, ok you arent allowd to use early years, cause he was highschool and 2011 neither, cause was past his prime? i understand now, you have to take carefully the years of kobe, because otherwise it doesnt work with the comparison.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 07:05 PM

sure...

Prime Dirk

26/11/3 59% TS 119 ortg 107 drtg

Prime Kobe

29/6/5 55% TS 111 ortg 106 drtg

Again, give me they guy that scores far more efficiently and doesn't need to dominate the ball to be good.

Next...

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 07:06 PM

You are hating on Kobe for putting up 29ppg on 41% and saying how horrible that is.

UNREAL

Wait...you think that was Dirk's best series?????

The series before that Dirk had a 32/6/3 70% TS series in the WCF....:facepalm

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:07 PM

really?....

39% 39% from a 7' tall forward....

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Nobody claims Dirk didn't have any help.

In fact, his 03 team was the best in the league in my opinion. And Nash that year was about 95% as good as he would later become on the Suns when the rules changed and he got healthy.

Your problem, as usual, is just being ignorant. Nash was injured in 04. It wasn't Dirk holding him back or any BS like that.

If you don't understand the history...don't post please.

How has Kobe done without elite help and all time great coaching? So avery johnson with terry and howard is a stacked team....but Kobe can't get to the ****ing playoffs with a proven championship coach in rudy t and odom and butler????? ROFL....

To be fair, Lakers were like 21-12 before Rudy T resigned as coach in 05.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:10 PM
DMavs logging on and off to use his alts...:lol

shook just like Dirk when James Posey and Stephen Jackson were dunking on him...:lol

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh look, it's the bran Stan who reps the Mavs who dick other posters because he never has an original thought to add of his own

Let me guess, you agree with him and think the 07 lakers had a lot if help around Kobe?

Go ahead. Admit it :lol

No I don't. Haven't read through the topic yet, sure he said something else.

I can agree on the supporting cast not being much different between Mavs/Lakers...

But you guys won't understand the value of having a legit team leader, team mate and locker room guy who players thrive around... Not just from an in game point of spacing provided, but from giving confidence and being someone you want to be around.
On the other hand you're boy didn't allow other teammates to talk to him, so as much as you may hate it, 2007 Dirk > 2007 Kobe.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
To be fair, Lakers were like 21-12 before Rudy T resigned as coach in 05.

there will be no context from me.

why would there be? lol

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:13 PM
39% for a 7' Forward

pastis
06-17-2014, 07:14 PM
DMavs logging on and off to use his alts...:lol

shook just like Dirk when James Posey and Stephen Jackson were dunking on him...:lol

didnt every d-league player dunk on kobe?

btw: im remebering how dirk steals kobe the ball for the coast to coast and the dunk =). kobe wanted the 1n1 like a clown and then this.:applause: :applause:

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 07:14 PM

UNREAL

:biggums:

Oh no, we're "hating" again...

Nope, both series' very similar in efficiency terms.. the difference is with 2011 Dirk, like with 1997 Jordan, they made game winning plays...

Dirk scored 10+ points in 5 out of 6 games, while hitting 2 game winners... GAME CHANGER.

MJ had 2 game winners in 1997 himself, while hitting Kerr for another one...

I mean, in 4 games, he made the game winning play THREE TIMES. (If we're counting the assist) Dirk TWO times.

Those buckets are big and turn series'. And which gives Dirk the bump, also.

You cannot ignore going beast in the 4th quarters to win games over.
So while Dirk's 2011 finals may have not been his best series, it was still > Kobe 2010.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM

help me out Dirk Fans!!!

anyone?

surely someone remembers..???

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 07:17 PM
anyone?

surely someone remembers..???

He said Kobe.. you happy now?

~primetime~
06-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Laker fans come off so salty :oldlol:

trashing a Dirk thread won't ease your soreness fellas...better off figuring out how to be a good sport an recognize excellence when you see it

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
He said Kobe.. you happy now?

what was that?....say again....

He said Kobe was the best player he ever played against?.....the greatest player of their generation....

ok got it...

39% FG recognizes 42% FG....

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Laker fans come off so salty :oldlol:

trashing a Dirk thread won't ease your soreness fellas...better off figuring out how to be a good sport an recognize excellence when you see it

salty?...we just F'ing with the OP....

dude confirmed creating multiple accounts to hate on KB24...:lol

Giving obese Texas fans a bad name..

TheBigVeto
06-17-2014, 07:43 PM

He's better than Kobe though. U :mad: ?

thefatmiral
06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Much respect for Dirk. I use to hate him and KG cuz they were Duncans PF rivals but i eventually liked him as years past. Dude plays with passion and stuck with Dallas.
me too I'm finally appreciating my favorite teams rivals. they are aging and just like the big three there isnt much more time to watch them do their thing.

Natureland
06-17-2014, 08:36 PM
What the **** happened to this thread? :biggums:

SupermanOnSteroids
06-18-2014, 08:35 PM
nice hijack jackass.

yes he's not a good defensive player. thats a given. he used to be atrocious but improved to acceptable over the time. by 2006 he was average. as far as 1 good year only being in 2011, i guess even in his MVP year when he averaged 24.5/9/3.5 on 50/40/90 he was not a top 5 player. 04-05 he finished 3rd in MVP voting. 05-06 finished 3rd in MVP voting. 06-07 won MVP.

really.....

Dirk came into the league as a jump shooting 3/4 hybrid and then transformed into a 4. its about 10 years too late to still apply the jump shooting pf label to him. Nellie encouraged him to shoot but under Avery he became a good post player and drove to the hoop on the regular. Every offseason Dirk worked with his personal coach Holger to add to his game and every year he came back better. There was a 7 year plan and by the end of 7 years he was a complete player, not just a jump shooting forward. Coincidentally by the end of the 7 year plan, he was starting to show up in the MVP discussions and was a serious MVP candidate.

The centerpiece of a Dirk led team (aside from Dirk himself) is a dominant rim protector. Mavs have been very unlucky to not have that for most of his career. Early Mavs had piss poor perimeter defense and Shawn freaking Bradley at center. It used to be a lay up drill for the opposing team. Then they let Nash go and signed Dampier. Damp was supposed to fix it all for the Mavs after his breakout season with the Warriors and was signed to a massive contract and that turned out to be a bust. Still Dampier was almost close to being serviceable in the beginning and Dirk took that team to the finals, only to get jobbed by the refs. The one year they got that dominant rim protector in Chandler, they won the 'ship. Inexplicably, Cuban's dumb ass lets him go. Huge mistake and the Mavs stumble again. Outside of the center, which is a basic requirement to build around dirk and seemingly the hardest piece for the Mavs to find, its pretty easy to build around Dirk. The floor spacing he creates makes everyone else better. Even Monta Ellis became a borderline All-Star next to Dirk. There's no doubting that playing next to Dirk is beneficial for most players

miles berg
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM

Retarded. He was top 5:

02/03
04/05
05/06
06/07
07/08
08/09
09/10
10/11

He is a career 25/10 playoff performer, one of only a handful in history. Went toe to toe with the greats of the West:

Duncan/Robinson
Shaqs Lakers
Adelmans Kings
Nash Suns
Durant Thunder
Big 3 Spurs

He didn't put the numbers he put up against the Weak East. His 25/10 wan vs the West.

Since he started he is 4th in playoff wins. 4th! That's with Nelson, Avery, & Carlisle...no drop off. Nash, Jet, Harris, Kidd, & Calderon.

He took Dampier to the Finals. The one year he had Chandler they went 16-5 in the playoffs to win it all, never taken to 7 games.

He never had a consistent supporting cast yet he put up 50 win season after 50 win season and mega playoff performances along the way.

miles berg
06-18-2014, 11:00 PM
4-1 in Game 7s by the way...

stalkerforlife
06-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Dirk is top 15 all time.

He's higher than Bron, IMO.

pastis
06-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Dirk:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

masonanddixon
06-19-2014, 05:19 AM
Retarded. He was top 5:

02/03
04/05
05/06
06/07
07/08
08/09
09/10
10/11

He is a career 25/10 playoff performer, one of only a handful in history. Went toe to toe with the greats of the West:

Duncan/Robinson
Shaqs Lakers
Adelmans Kings
Nash Suns
Durant Thunder
Big 3 Spurs

He didn't put the numbers he put up against the Weak East. His 25/10 wan vs the West.

Since he started he is 4th in playoff wins. 4th! That's with Nelson, Avery, & Carlisle...no drop off. Nash, Jet, Harris, Kidd, & Calderon.

He took Dampier to the Finals. The one year he had Chandler they went 16-5 in the playoffs to win it all, never taken to 7 games.

He never had a consistent supporting cast yet he put up 50 win season after 50 win season and mega playoff performances along the way.

I was just about say that.

You could even argue he was the best player in the league in 13-14. But basically since 2003 he's been a top 5 player every season and the best player in the NBA for about 1-3 seasons.

pastis
06-19-2014, 05:20 AM
I was just about say that.

You could even argue he was the best player in the league in 13-14. But basically since 2003 he's been a top 5 player every season and the best player in the NBA for about 1-3 seasons.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

To4
06-19-2014, 05:21 AM
I always shout DIRK!!!!!!!! whenever he makes a bucket...

knicksman
06-19-2014, 05:27 AM
dirk is better than bran. And in before lebron carries scrubs to 66. Dirk did it too and made it to the finals and couldve won if not for dwhistle. They just looked like all stars because dirk make his teammates better while bran doesnt.

pastis
06-19-2014, 05:28 AM
dirk is better than bran. And in before lebron carries scrubs to 66. Dirk did it too and made it to the finals and couldve if not for dwhistle. They just looked like all stars because dirk make his teammates better while bran doesnt.

:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GimmeThat
06-19-2014, 06:00 AM
I would pay the guy at least 18 mil even over a long term contract

but he's probably ill enough to take 15 to help the team sign more star players in order to contend.

it's like when you ask me who the best SG in the league is, and I say Harden
but who do I want in my starting 5 for the USA olympics basketball today? Bryant.

The guy might not be "considered" to be a top 3 PF even right now because of his old age and other competitions. But his skill set, wisdom, clock control. You can coach things like that, but it makes your team so much easier when you just have someone on the floor that recognizes the little details that gives you an edge here and there.

pastis
06-19-2014, 06:13 AM
I would pay the guy at least 18 mil even over a long term contract

but he's probably ill enough to take 15 to help the team sign more star players in order to contend.

it's like when you ask me who the best SG in the league is, and I say Harden
but who do I want in my starting 5 for the USA olympics basketball today? Bryant.

The guy might not be "considered" to be a top 3 PF even right now because of his old age and other competitions. But his skill set, wisdom, clock control. You can coach things like that, but it makes your team so much easier when you just have someone on the floor that recognizes the little details that gives you an edge here and there.

you are right! but i hope hell take only 9 million, or max 12 million.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2014, 11:56 AM
calm down dude, calm down. the doctors are coming. your brainsickness and mentally illness can maybe be cured, so calm down. in a short time men in white coat are coming and bringing you home in a fully cushioned room

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=SupermanOnSteroids]nice hijack jackass.

yes he's not a good defensive player. thats a given. he used to be atrocious but improved to acceptable over the time. by 2006 he was average. as far as 1 good year only being in 2011, i guess even in his MVP year when he averaged 24.5/9/3.5 on 50/40/90 he was not a top 5 player. 04-05 he finished 3rd in MVP voting. 05-06 finished 3rd in MVP voting. 06-07 won MVP.

Dirk came into the league as a jump shooting 3/4 hybrid and then transformed into a 4. its about 10 years too late to still apply the jump shooting pf label to him. Nellie encouraged him to shoot but under Avery he became a good post player and drove to the hoop on the regular. Every offseason Dirk worked with his personal coach Holger to add to his game and every year he came back better. There was a 7 year plan and by the end of 7 years he was a complete player, not just a jump shooting forward. Coincidentally by the end of the 7 year plan, he was starting to show up in the MVP discussions and was a serious MVP candidate.

The centerpiece of a Dirk led team (aside from Dirk himself) is a dominant rim protector. Mavs have been very unlucky to not have that for most of his career. Early Mavs had piss poor perimeter defense and Shawn freaking Bradley at center. It used to be a lay up drill for the opposing team. Then they let Nash go and signed Dampier. Damp was supposed to fix it all for the Mavs after his breakout season with the Warriors and was signed to a massive contract and that turned out to be a bust. Still Dampier was almost close to being serviceable in the beginning and Dirk took that team to the finals, only to get jobbed by the refs. The one year they got that dominant rim protector in Chandler, they won the 'ship. Inexplicably, Cuban's dumb ass lets him go. Huge mistake and the Mavs stumble again. Outside of the center, which is a basic requirement to build around dirk and seemingly the hardest piece for the Mavs to find, its pretty easy to build around Dirk. The floor spacing he creates makes everyone else better. Even Monta Ellis became a borderline All-Star next to Dirk. There's no doubting that playing next to Dirk is beneficial for most players

tontoz
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Dirk's skill as a shooter automatically opens up the floor for everyone else. He is the best shooter as a big man of all time so yeah he would be an easy guy to play with. Not exactly news.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-20-2014, 10:56 AM
people are quick to blame Dirk for the loss to the warriors but didn't Duncan and the Spurs lose as a #1 seed to the #8 seed. Duncan averaged 12/10 that series. Far below his playoff average.

pastis
06-20-2014, 10:59 AM
people are quick to blame Dirk for the loss to the warriors but didn't Duncan and the Spurs lose as a #1 seed to the #8 seed. Duncan averaged 12/10 that series. Far below his playoff average.

duncan is untouchable. he is the anchor. he s unbelievable good. if he plays bad, its his age and its normal or manu and parker choked

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 11:29 AM
I have respect for Dirk.

Dude played like a TRUE super star in 2011 and won a championship.

Beat Miami like a boss. Something that even the '13 Spurs couldn't do.

Rick Carlisle a.k.a Jim Carey is also a boss. One of the greatest coaches to ever do it.

The **** are you talking about? The Spurs beat Miami worse than any other team in Finals history. Beating a team by an average of 15 points per game isn't "boss?" :facepalm

tontoz
06-20-2014, 12:26 PM
The **** are you talking about? The Spurs beat Miami worse than any other team in Finals history. Beating a team by an average of 15 points per game isn't "boss?" :facepalm

RIF

kentatm
06-20-2014, 01:21 PM

the Heat team Dallas beat was better than the Heat team SA beat.

D-Rose
06-20-2014, 01:26 PM
****ing love Dirk. True leader and superstar. Please never retire :cry:

SupermanOnSteroids
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM
I think he was talking about the '13 team not the '14 team.

And yes, this was by far the worse Heat team.

Playoff stats for the Big3:

'11 Bosh 18.5/8.5
'14 Bosh 15/5.5

'11 Wade 24.5/7/4.5
'14 Wade 18/4/4

'11 Lebron 23.5/8.5/6
'14 Lebron 27.5/7/5

J Shuttlesworth
06-20-2014, 02:10 PM
DMAVS, do you think LeBron on the Mavs would make them favorites to win? The Mavs were only 1 game away from beating the Spurs

DMAVS41
06-20-2014, 02:17 PM
DMAVS, do you think LeBron on the Mavs would make them favorites to win? The Mavs were only 1 game away from beating the Spurs

Of course, but I sure hope that doesn't happen.

J Shuttlesworth
06-20-2014, 02:19 PM
lol really? You don't want LeBron? Why not?

DMAVS41
06-20-2014, 02:23 PM
lol really? You don't want LeBron? Why not?

Because I don't like him and I don't want my favorite team to get him.

kentatm
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM

:wtf: is wrong with you?

DMAVS41
06-20-2014, 03:23 PM

You want Lebron on the Mavs?

I don't see why that would be a controversial statement as I don't like him and don't want him on my favorite team. Do you not have players you don't like?

DirkNowitzki41
06-20-2014, 03:34 PM
top 20 all time EASILY, and top 2 goat PF.

haven't logged on in a couple of months and i still see the same dumbass kobe fans hating/trolling on dirk for no reason :oldlol: stay mad fellas

pastis
06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
well, i dont like lebron as well, but of course he would make the mavs immediatly to a true title contender, no doubt.

but lebron wont come to the mavs:
1. mavs are in the west. that means not the east. that means every regular season game is harder than east playoffs. that means it is exxtremly exhausting and competitive. i rly dont thin lebron will go west
2. but even if he tgoes west, he wil rather go to the rockets or clippers than the mavs. the mavs are infact nothing without dirk. lebron wants a team that is full of good players. so clippers and rockets are full of them.
3. i think he stays in miami:the hate after leaving cleveland was so big, that he just cant go away from miami right now. he cant leave the team after a loss. if he wins 1 more ring with the heat he will go. but not before.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 04:21 PM
You want Lebron on the Mavs?

I don't see why that would be a controversial statement as I don't like him and don't want him on my favorite team. Do you not have players you don't like?

Ugh, in a team sport you adjust :wtf:

You root for your team and want them to get the best players possible.. wtf

DMAVS41
06-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Ugh, in a team sport you adjust :wtf:

You root for your team and want them to get the best players possible.. wtf

Uh....no.

I want to like the players on my team if I have a choice.

It's not like I'd stop becoming a Mavs fan or something. But if we are going to spend 20 million.

I'd rather get other players.

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't want Lebron to sign with the Lakers

I feel where you are coming from DMAVS