PDA

View Full Version : KD deletes disrespectful tweets...Steven A Smith and SkipBayless DESTROY him

unbreakable
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11096603&categoryid=2459788

:bowdown:

KD such a female..

fpliii
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Stephen A and Skip catching feelings. :lol

navy
06-17-2014, 02:56 PM
There was nothing wrong with what KD said.

Rocketswin2013
06-17-2014, 02:56 PM
I really wouldn't care what they say if I were KD.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Deleting the tweet was a major poussay move.

unbreakable
06-17-2014, 03:00 PM

this.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 03:02 PM

:biggums:

Kawhi >> PG

kamil
06-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Losing three times in the finals after saying it'd be 'easy' was a major poussay move.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Losing three times in the finals after saying it'd be 'easy' was a major poussay move.
Wow. Burn. Ouch. You really got me there guy.

dubeta

Not really when 2 out of 3 times you didnt have any teammates

unbreakable

getting to the finals 4 times is not easy :confusedshrug:

kamil
06-17-2014, 03:08 PM
^^^^^^^ LeBron* stans on notice!!!

LOL

SOD 21
06-17-2014, 03:11 PM
If Kevin Durant feels that way, which is fine, then stand by his words and own your comments.

But don't delete it.

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 03:15 PM

I can understand that to a certain extent....

but why delete the text?

navy
06-17-2014, 03:17 PM
I can understand that to a certain extent....

but why delete the text?
PR team

AlphaWolf24
06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
PR team

ohhh...

PR team...you the real MVP..

Trollsmasher
06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
losing identity after losing hair was a major poussay move

Levity
06-17-2014, 03:24 PM

True. but there's also no point, whatsoever, for Durant to say it.

Beastmode88
06-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Alfred's response: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152327232126655&set=a.104893196654.94824.81781281654&type=1&theater

He deleted the post again :facepalm but here's what it said.
This is the last time I

dubeta
KD further bolstering his reputation as a fake humble fake tough guy

navy
True. but there's also no point, whatsoever, for Durant to say it.
He was asked wasnt he? I dont know if he was talking to a friend or just a random poster. The former is okay, the latter not as much.

unbreakable
06-17-2014, 03:28 PM
KD jelly as fukk of Kawhis muscles and strength

guy
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Not really when 2 out of 3 times you didnt have any teammates

Not to mention Lebron wasn't able to even play in the Finals in the other time.

fragokota
06-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Well KD was right, it's not like Leonard is all of the sudden the best player in the league.personally i beleive he won't ever be the best in the league, he's a great all around player who is lucky to be playing under the great Pop.

But it's just not classy slamming on him,just after sas kicked your ass and that 22 year old kid went on to become fmvp against the reigning champions...I mean Lebron must have felt even saltier than KD, since he lost in the finals but he only had good things to say about Leonard.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 03:33 PM

I didn't watch their garbage, but if that's the case... they represent everybody else who caught feelings about Durant's quote. The man said nothing wrong, but people caught feelings about it and he thought it wasn't worth it anyways.

Natureland
06-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Will this keep KD out of their Top 5 rankings for 2014/2015 like when they left LeBron out before the 2011/2012 season? :lol

guy
06-17-2014, 03:37 PM
But it's just not classy slamming on him,just after sas kicked your ass and that 22 year old kid went on to become fmvp against the reigning champions...I mean Lebron must have felt even saltier than KD, since he lost in the finals but he only had good things to say about Leonard.

Its not like he held a press conference to say it. Its just twitter. And he has a point and he wasn't being disrespectful saying it either. It was just a twitter response. If he agreed with the guy then everyone would be saying he was being disrespectful to Paul George.

fragokota
06-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Its not like he held a press conference to say it. Its just twitter. And he has a point and he wasn't being disrespectful saying it either.

Again, i agree with what he said but he should have justed sushed...i'm sure he knows the power of twitter,facebook etc

guy
06-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Again, i agree with what he said but he should have justed sushed...i'm sure he knows the power of twitter,facebook etc

Sure, in that sense you're probably right. But its not him that's the problem, its everyone that is so damn sensitive. These guys use twitter to connect to their fans. Its good that some of them don't use it just to be robots and say nothing but stuff like "I LOVE YOU THUNDER FANS YOU ROCK!".

zoom17
06-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Wow. Burn. Ouch. You really got me there guy.

dude never talks about his bulls.

Keno
06-17-2014, 03:49 PM
durant is mad because kawhi is better than him. already has a finals mvp over him too.

fragokota
06-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Sure, in that sense you're probably right. But its not him that's the problem, its everyone that is so damn sensitive. These guys use twitter to connect to their fans. Its good that some of them don't use it just to be robots and say nothing but stuff like "I LOVE YOU THUNDER FANS YOU ROCK!".

If he doesn't want to follow the norm,just avoid the god damn media or let your pr team handle it altogether.Anyway it's not big deal, KD is a good guy,it's just that he could have avoided it

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Its not like he held a press conference to say it. Its just twitter. And he has a point and he wasn't being disrespectful saying it either. It was just a twitter response. If he agreed with the guy then everyone would be saying he was being disrespectful to Paul George.

its the timing of the "tweet". thats not something you say after dude just finished being named finals mvp...beating the defending champs...after eliminating your ass a week ago.

this isnt a fan were talking about here. durant is one of the best players (probably best scorer) in the league.

guy
06-17-2014, 04:12 PM
its the timing of the "tweet". thats not something you say after dude just finished being named finals mvp...beating the defending champs...after eliminating your ass a week ago.

this isnt a fan were talking about here. durant is one of the best players (probably best scorer) in the league.

Its not something you say if it was very offensive. It wasn't. It was basically him asking if he'd take Paul George or Kawahi Leonard.

AirFederer
06-17-2014, 04:14 PM
KD blew it. Not nice and very disrespectful :no:

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 04:46 PM

Context doesn't matter. It's either true or it isn't. The messenger has no impact on the validity of the message.

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Context doesn't matter. It's either true or it isn't. The messenger has no impact on the validity of the message.

yeah, im sure thats why durant deleted the tweet :oldlol:

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
yeah, im sure thats why durant deleted the tweet :oldlol:
Durant deleted his tweet because most people these days are cowards. His PR team told him that the sheep were hysterically crying at the thought of someone tweeting something that is obviously true because there MIGHT be a 1% chance that Leonard's feelings could possibly be hurt ever so slightly.

sfballa13
06-17-2014, 05:41 PM
KD fell on his ass, lost a game 6 AT HOME with Tony Parker on the bench for the entire second half

Sorry KD is overrated as fcuk and he is salty as fcuk too

Think Kawhi needs to ask the servant to bring him some champagne

tontoz
06-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Paul George is better than Leonard. I don't see the problem. The timing was pretty bad though.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Paul George is better than Leonard. I don't see the problem. The timing was pretty bad though.
Why? The only person in the world who might be slightly affected is Kawhi Leonard and I can promise you he could not care less about fcuking tweets right now.

alanLA92
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Damn it, KD. You are not supposed to back down from a heel turn like that. At least Lebron embraced his in 2010. :lol

tontoz
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Why? The only person in the world who might be slightly affected is Kawhi Leonard and I can promise you he could not care less about fcuking tweets right now.

It looks very petty to take a shot at a guy who just eliminated you and won a title. If this happened in the regular season people wouldn't think anything of it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM

Are you socially retarded?

ihatetimthomas
06-17-2014, 07:17 PM
I thought that they were spot on. A lot of the time, media takes things out of context, and this was probably overblown. But KD seems real salty here. I don't care if he believes those things and they may be true, but saying it now is not classy. I think KD knows what he did there, got too emotional.

MaxFly
06-17-2014, 07:26 PM
durant is mad because kawhi is better than him. already has a finals mvp over him too.

:( I hope people realize that the more they talk up Kawhi (and he is a good young player for sure), the less credit Tim Duncan gets. We had a similar situation with Tony Parker's Finals MVP where a number of people instantly crowned him as the best point guard in the league and a preeminent player, only to backtrack when they realized they were mitigating Duncan's legacy. Now, several years later, people insist Duncan was robbed of that MVP award.

I suspect in a few years... or maybe as early as next season, memories will fade and people will assert that Duncan was robbed. Just remember that the things you write here tend to pop up again.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2014, 07:27 PM
KDs right but he a fakkit for deleting the tweet

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Are you socially retarded?
Some of us are lions, some of us are lambs.

rmt
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
:( I hope people realize that the more they talk up Kawhi (and he is a good young player for sure), the less credit Tim Duncan gets. We had a similar situation with Tony Parker's Finals MVP where a number of people instantly crowned him as the best point guard in the league and a preeminent player, only to backtrack when they realized they were mitigating Duncan's legacy. Now, several years later, people insist Duncan was robbed of that MVP award.

I suspect in a few years... or maybe as early as next season, memories will fade and people will assert that Duncan was robbed. Just remember that the things you write here tend to pop up again.

The difference in the 2 FMVPs is that Leonard earned it on both sides of the floor. He thoroughly deserved it for the job he did on the defensive end guarding Lebron in addition to his scoring (only 0.2 pts less than Parker and 2.4 pts more than Duncan).

In 07, Parker was the best player on the offensive end, but the key to the series was containing Lebron with Bowen on the perimeter and Duncan in the paint. When Lebron couldn't drive to the basket, score/dish, he had to put up contested 2s and his jump shot was nothing near today's. IMO, Spurs would have won that series even without Parker's scoring - not a sweep, but eventually. Spurs were too deep, too experienced, too much firepower to lose to Cavs once Lebron was contained.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Some of us are lions, some of us are lambs.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.. :oldlol:

Ai2death
06-17-2014, 08:13 PM

That was a massive load of bullshit.

The Spurs team as a whole is great, but the mvp is an individual award, everybody know if they could give it to multiple guys, this team would have 4, maybe 5 players with it.

Duncans legacy? Every one on this board worries too much about legacy, goat status etc etc. How bout Duncan going down in history as the greatest PF to ever play the game? Isn't that enough?

You have to start thinking like the Spurs do, it's not about the individual, it's about the team and the greater goal.

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
I hope people realize that the more they talk up Kawhi (and he is a good young player for sure), the less credit Tim Duncan gets. We had a similar situation with Tony Parker's Finals MVP where a number of people instantly crowned him as the best point guard in the league and a preeminent player, only to backtrack when they realized they were mitigating Duncan's legacy. Now, several years later, people insist Duncan was robbed of that MVP award.

^proof there are more duncan fans (WTF) than actual spurs fans

nobody actually cares about the spurs, which is sad. they are masters of execution.

AintNoSunshine
06-17-2014, 08:25 PM
So all of you fa99ots would rather every athlete sound politically correct on every media outlet:facepalm the one second you find them say something even remotely controversial you blast on the guy. Do you really want athletes who have no personality and are afraid to speak their mind? Again you all are fukking fa990ts

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 08:26 PM
So all of you fa99ots would rather every athlete sound politically correct on every media outlet:facepalm the one second you find them say something even remotely controversial you blast on the guy. Do you really want athletes who have no personality and are afraid to speak their mind? Again you all are fukking fa990ts

calm down fatass :oldlol:

TheReturn
06-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Whole lotta talk about nothing. PG is better than Leonard. Leonard played great. Leonard won a championship because he plays with a bunch of great players and a great coach.

KD is probably a little jealous of how great the system works for San Antonio, because the OKC Thunder don't have that same luxery. What's really worth debating here?

Spurs5Rings2014
06-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Leonard > George >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant.

BlazerRed
06-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Durant has pissed me off all post-season. Dude was less than stellar most of the playoffs. Didn't live up to expectations. He backs Scott Brooks publicly to keep his job after failing AGAIN in the playoffs but tweets something about the FMVP being a product of a team's system? Nikka worry about your own "system" before talking smack about someone else being a product of theirs. WTF?

You're losing me Kevin.. the worst of it to me is supporting Brooks. Do you want to win or not? You're not a smart guy is you can't see the current system in OKC is holding you back.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night.. :oldlol:
It's real life. Grow up and see the world for what it is. People tend to like people who are like minded and people can be very different. No matter how you are, the majority of people are not like you. It's not something to be "sad" about nor something we should wish to change. It's ok that lots a people and personality types don't mix well.

"There are lions and lambs" was a simple way of me saying it's ok to be one and not mix with the other.

You ask if I'm "socially retarded"? Perhaps I am in some ways. I socialize well with the people I socialize well with. Those who I don't are not a concern of mine. It's not a "we can all be friends" world. Religious people for example. I don't like them and they don't like me. Doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they're lambs.

Uniformity = the lack of individuality.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 09:30 PM

The Spurs team as a whole is great, but the mvp is an individual award, everybody know if they could give it to multiple guys, this team would have 4, maybe 5 players with it.

Duncans legacy? Every one on this board worries too much about legacy, goat status etc etc. How bout Duncan going down in history as the greatest PF to ever play the game? Isn't that enough?

You have to start thinking like the Spurs do, it's not about the individual, it's about the team and the greater goal.
That's not as universally accepted as you think it is. I don't think he is.

Black and White
06-17-2014, 09:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with what KD said, its just the timing of it that has made it an issue in the media.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Whole lotta talk about nothing. PG is better than Leonard. Leonard played great. Leonard won a championship because he plays with a bunch of great players and a great coach.

KD is probably a little jealous of how great the system works for San Antonio, because the OKC Thunder don't have that same luxery. What's really worth debating here?
I'm sure Leonard is well aware that George is a better player than him. Sure, he has ambition to get better, but he knows where it stands right now.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 09:34 PM
There is nothing wrong with what KD said, its just the timing of it that has made it an issue in the media.
This is such a cop out thing to say. If anything, this is the moment in time where Leonard would care the least about tweets and media opinions. The guy is riding higher than he ever has right now.

MadeFromDust
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM

All the Spurs were extremely pleased when they announced Leonard as Finals MVP

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
It's real life. Grow up and see the world for what it is. People tend to like people who are like minded and people can be very different. No matter how you are, the majority of people are not like you. It's not something to be "sad" about nor something we should wish to change. It's ok that lots a people and personality types don't mix well.

"There are lions and lambs" was a simple way of me saying it's ok to be one and not mix with the other.

You ask if I'm "socially retarded"? Perhaps I am in some ways. I socialize well with the people I socialize well with. Those who I don't are not a concern of mine. It's not a "we can all be friends" world. Religious people for example. I don't like them and they don't like me. Doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they're lambs.

Uniformity = the lack of individuality.

:blah :blah

Nobody said you cant be a petty shithead with your head up your ass

Keep doing your keyboard warrior thing. By all means, Gandhi.. :oldlol:

russwest0
06-17-2014, 09:48 PM
lol @ how sensitive the media is over stupid bullshit.

so now that kawhi leonard is a champion you can't give credit to the spurs system :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dbrog
06-17-2014, 09:49 PM

100% agreed that this happened with Tony's joke of a FMVP award. However, the '14 award could have gone either way. Leonard was basically prime artest during the series...which is quite nice :D

316MIA
06-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Exactly...But him deleting the tweet was an automatic ***** move

zoom17
06-17-2014, 09:53 PM

so now that kawhi leonard is a champion you can't give credit to the spurs system :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I agree with you for once:lebronamazed:

316MIA
06-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Also Screamin A. Smith & Skip Brainless aka BI TCH needs to stfu...tired of seeing these dudes get paid to talk nonsense

Rose'sACL
06-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Exactly...But him deleting the tweet was an automatic ***** move
why? he deleted those tweets because he doesn't hate money. I wouldn't have done the same but i understand why he did it.

NumberSix
06-17-2014, 09:56 PM

Everybody pretends to be offended when nobody actually gives a fcuk.

Legends66NBA7
06-18-2014, 01:53 AM
This timing thing... what timing ? He was responding to someone's tweet. Was he supposed to be a prisoner the moment and go with the flow ?

Off course not. Just because he's Kevin Durant doesn't mean he's isn't human. We get questions asked all over as fans about who's better than who or who's better in which position. It wasn't even insult to Leonard, as much it was more a praise to the Spurs system.

This is so overblown.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't think Leonard is a system player but KD is right. PG is better.

VIntageNOvel
06-18-2014, 02:35 AM
i know what KD said is unnecessary, but what steve a and skip a uttering is also a complete bullshit and unnecessary

KD can say pretty much whatever he want, cut the good guy bullshit

the PR guy that told KD to delete his tweet , steve a, and skip should just shut the **** up

no wonder this league now is full of ***** and fake good guy,
whenever a player makes a controversial comment/tweet, they get crucified/fined/etc

controversy is money, look at jose mourinho

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 02:41 AM
welcome to the modern social world

where feelings are not allowed to go away!

houston
06-18-2014, 03:08 AM
he was telling the truth

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 03:25 AM
he was telling the truth

see, what he should have done was he should have texted Michael Jordan (with his tongue out while texting the great MJ) and let the GREAT Michael Jordan said those exact same words himself :bowdown:

then you know, the league will react differently to it.

well maybe not on first take. who knows, who knows.

davehos
06-18-2014, 03:30 AM

It was a bitch move by a complete beta. Pop, who doesn't bullshit, said Kawhi was first to practice and last to leave. Don't hate on a guy who just won a championship and by all accounts works his ass off. Durant has run his mouth more than once and then got checked and retreated like a punk each and every time. It's schoolyard antics.

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 03:38 AM
It was a bitch move by a complete beta. Pop, who doesn't bullshit, said Kawhi was first to practice and last to leave. Don't hate on a guy who just won a championship and by all accounts works his ass off. Durant has run his mouth more than once and then got checked and retreated like a punk each and every time. It's schoolyard antics.

moral of the story:

Larry Bird for not even one second had thought Paul George had been practicing enough since he entered the league.

Anaximandro1
06-18-2014, 04:27 AM
system player :rolleyes:

http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/Kawhi_Leonard-1.gif

2008/09 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 20/5 for the Bucks

2009/10 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 12/4 for the Spurs (9/5 playoffs)

2010/11 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 11/3 for the Spurs (6/4 playoffs)

Paul George would look significantly worse if he was on the Spurs : less minutes, less field goal attempts, less ppg , rebounds , etc.

The Spurs always have high expectations; there's a lot of pressure ... weaklings,clowns and egomaniacs don't have a bright future.

The Spurs demand mental toughness, discipline, great work ethic, high basketball IQ and talent.

They were a regular season team for a long time in the post-prime Duncan era ... Kawhi has changed the Spurs.

Kawhi is a gym rat. He's smart, has talent and mental toughness. He's only going to get better and better.

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 05:02 AM
system player :rolleyes:

http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/Kawhi_Leonard-1.gif

2008/09 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 20/5 for the Bucks

2009/10 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 12/4 for the Spurs (9/5 playoffs)

2010/11 -> Richard Jefferson averaged 11/3 for the Spurs (6/4 playoffs)

Paul George would look significantly worse if he was on the Spurs : less minutes, less field goal attempts, less ppg , rebounds , etc.

The Spurs always have high expectations; there's a lot of pressure ... weaklings,clowns and egomaniacs don't have a bright future.

The Spurs demand mental toughness, discipline, great work ethic, high basketball IQ and talent.

They were a regular season team for a long time in the post-prime Duncan era ... Kawhi has changed the Spurs.

Kawhi is a gym rat. He's smart, has talent and mental toughness. He's only going to get better and better.

Did Paul George missed the playoff this year?

Did I miss something?

9erempiree
06-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Stephen A and Skip trashed him bad.

All Net
06-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Why do people care what those idiots think?

dunksby
06-18-2014, 06:17 AM
LeBron stans' last resort is to shamelessly quote Skip and SAS :facepalm

Rahm Emanuel
06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Leonard may be a product of a system but I've never seen him sitting on the court with his tail tucked between his legs scared to watch crucial free throws being shot.

MASH Transit
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Leonard may be a product of a system but I've never seen him sitting on the court with his tail tucked between his legs scared to watch crucial free throws being shot.

I've seen Leonard blow the finals with missed free throws though, so there's that.

Anyway, I'm ready for the era of political correctness, blanket opinions, canned responses, and retarded media and fans to be over. It isn't fun anymore.

andremiller07
06-20-2014, 02:52 AM
I rather get carried by the system than the refs tbh....KD is a puss.