PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think wins the Kevin Love sweepstakes? Does he sign an extension?

Levity
06-17-2014, 03:04 PM
two part question,

first off, which teams currently gunning for a K.Love trade do you think will actually pull it off. and do you think that team requires and extension before trade and if not, do you think he'll stay there long term

based off rumors:

CLE is supposedly willing to offer their pick for Love. however, philly's 3rd pick and T.Young are on the table to cleveland for their first pick (in order to secure wiggins). so maybe the 3rd pick and young(or waiters or another player) are used as bait to get love from minny

BOS is offering their 6th and 17th pick in this years draft, future picks, and maybe one of olynyk or sullinger to sweeten the deal.

SAC has been pretty quiet in the love trade rumors recently. but they orginally stated theyd be willing to trade for him WITHOUT a guarantee of an extension. they'd most likely be willing to give up #8 and maybe mclemore?

ciaguy23
06-18-2014, 12:09 PM
@billsimmons: if TWolves trade Love, Celts are heavy favs to get him now. GS won't discuss Klay T. + Bulls are focused on Melo. Boston trumps anyone else.
7:41am - 18 Jun 14

Derka
06-18-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't think he signs an extension anywhere. With the way the CBA works, he'll get a much nicer payday as an unrestricted free agent and his agents will no doubt be telling him to go that way...and who could blame him for that? So whoever trades for him is accepting the risk that he'll sign with them no matter what.

Danny has said on record that he'd still make the trade without a guaranteed extension. He thinks a season in Boston will convince Love to stick around, but I'm willing to bet that's only true if Danny has another move or two up his sleeve somewhere that shows Love we're serious about getting back to the ECF's in the next two years. For the record, not sold on how he does this but we'll see.

COnDEMnED
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Boston, no extension.

Akrazotile
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM
The Wolves should not trade him just to get "some" value instead of none, IMO. Teams keep trading guys for pennies on the dollar just so they dont leave for nothing, but then that gives all the leverage to players.

Either win the trade or dont trade him. Dare him to take less money somewhere else, and if he does then simply adjust and keep building. If youre gonna get Kris Humphries, Avery Bradley and a protected pick, what the fukc is even the point? Is that going to make you any more competitive than losing him for free?

If I were the Twolves, I would not move Love unless an unprotected pick was involved, AND someone takes an unfavorable contract off my hands. Demand a return that has a chance of ACTUALLY helping you move forward. Dont settle for Deon Waiters and Varajao's expirer.

Unprotected picks and cap relief. Then go out and build your own team and sign the players you want with those resources.

ciaguy23
06-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Boston offering 6th, 17th and sullinger or kelly o......not a bradley , humphries

Derka
06-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Boston offering 6th, 17th and sullinger or kelly o......not a bradley , humphries
We'd have to give up one more pick and probably both guys, although I don't think Danny wants to trade Kelly. Sully for sure would be going and one other guy with him.

Akrazotile
06-18-2014, 12:31 PM

Those guys combined make 3M. Kevin Love makes 14M. And you actually put "sullinger OR kelly o."

You need to acquaint yourself with how the salary cap works.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 12:32 PM
multiple insider sources that I have access to say the Kevin Love will end up with the Clippers in a trade for Blake Griffin.

ciaguy23
06-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I do know how the scalar Cap works I was just making the point of what the base of the deal would be. Of course you would have to add fillers ( the trade exemption we have, bogans contract, Jeff green, bass ). You can't just make your point instead of sounding so condescending?

ciaguy23
06-18-2014, 12:50 PM
The Celtics reportedly hope to acquire Kevin Love with a package of picks Nos. 6 and 17 in this year's draft, future No. 1 draft picks, and young talent such as Jared Sullinger or Kelly Olynyk.
Boston has a war-chest of draft picks they could use to pry Love out of Minnesota, but they're not the only team piling up assets at Flip Saunders' feet in the hopes of acquiring the Wolves' three-time All-Star. ESPN's Chad Ford feels that the Celtics' offer "is probably the best [Saunders] is going to get," but we shouldn't have to wait long for resolution with the draft coming on Thursday, June 26.
Related: Bulls, Warriors, Lakers, Cavaliers, Celtics
Source: ESPN.com Jun 18 - 10:11 AM

Source Rotoworld

So yeah OR

Levity
06-18-2014, 01:00 PM
I do know how the scalar Cap works I was just making the point of what the base of the deal would be. Of course you would have to add fillers ( the trade exemption we have, bogans contract, Jeff green, bass ). You can't just make your point instead of sounding so condescending?

I dont think you can combine TPE with players or picks. of course, there's a great chance im wrong.

anyhow, do the celts not have enough capspace to absorb loves contract, as long as they give up 1 or 2 low salary players?

EDIT: jeff green may be interesting, since minny will need a scorer with love gone.

ciaguy23
06-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Green or bogans/bass.....bass is expiring and bogans is non guarantee...Wallace (if anyone would take him). Not sure if they have enough straight up they could.

The_Night_Elf
06-18-2014, 01:52 PM
anyhow, do the celts not have enough capspace to absorb loves contract, as long as they give up 1 or 2 low salary players?

I think Boston is @ 46.5 mil for 2014-2015 if they do not pick up the options on some players and let all their fa go.

Derka
06-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I dont think you can combine TPE with players or picks. of course, there's a great chance im wrong.

EDIT: jeff green may be interesting, since minny will need a scorer with love gone.

It really comes down to how Flip wants to build his team: does he want picks to build through the draft...or does he want pieces he can use NOW to put together a playoff team? Kevin Love can net him plenty of both. He has a lot of leverage in the whole thing.

Green is another two seasons at $9 million per if he picks up his option. Not sure Flip wants any part of that without making us take a bad contract in return...and we're already eating Gerald Wallace's contract for another year, so Jeff is probably here to stay. If we drop the options on our two D-League signings (we will) and toss a QO at Avery, we're at $44 million for the 14/15 season. There's a chance someone bids like a crazy person for Avery, so if we lose him we're at $40 million, which is the absolute best the Celtics can hope for in terms of how to start building this offseason.

If we somehow trade for Love, we get his Bird rights and can sign him for a max deal after the season. Same with Rondo. I think if Humprhies wants tos stay on short money, do it. If we're not gonna be drafting, re-sign Phil Pressey for short money because he was entirely servicable for us backing up Crawford and then Rondo. After that, fill as needed and for f*cking sure do what you can to make use of that TPE before it expires.

Good thing for the Celtics: Wyc and Steve will pay the luxury tax with big smiles on their faces if it means Danny puts together a team that can be competitive, so I'm not worried there.

Cone
06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
sweepstakes? :oldlol:

sucks to be the team that pays him the max