PDA

View Full Version : Does Lebron ACTUALLY make his teammates better?

branslowski
06-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Or is he just holding them back from blossoming and continuing their own personal dominance? I mean look at Wade before LeBron? Top 3 player in the game, just dominant...But with Bron? Glorified role player, doesn't consistantly touch the ball enough to stay in an consistant scoring rythem....Look at Bosh? 20-10 type player with an All round post game, multi time All Star and All NBA player, but with LeBron? Spot up corner shooting role player...And the only reason he isn't consistant at rebounding and defense is because he's not involved offensively so that mentally disrupts your All Round ability....

I'm sayin It's just weird that even with talent LeBron dwarfs his teammates just to fit his stat sheet. It seems like everyone around LeBron just plays for Lebrons stats. Look I know he's a great teammate n all and averages alot of ast, but What I've watched from his career seems like his talent overtakes maximizing his teammates abilities to properly effect a game...Just my 2 cents..

unbreakable
06-17-2014, 03:25 PM
check bosh's stats before and after joining the heat... that tells you all you need to know..

one of the best all around PFs in the last 10 yrs, delegated to a spotup 3 pt shooter for the sake of "lebron ball" :facepalm

winwin
06-17-2014, 03:25 PM
No.

in fact he makes them worse

navy
06-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Lebron is the worst team mate in history.

MellowYellow
06-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I think it's his teammates that make him better, they do everything they can to satisfy Lebron. Shooting the ball immediately when Bron passes to them, Bosh became a psuedo 3-pt shooter for him. Chalmers never even got a chance to develop into a real point guard.

Dr Seuss
06-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Of course he does. Lebron has just had the worst luck of any player ever, getting the worst supporting cast of all time, that absolutely cannot contribute to his team in any way shape or form

and if his luck wasnt bad enough, for whatever reason, a lot of these players were productive before joining up with lebron, and productive again after they leave lebron/he leaves them, but are absolute zeros during their time with the king. talk about bad luck!!!! can the guy catch a break??

riseagainst
06-17-2014, 03:28 PM
check bosh's stats before and after joining the heat... that tells you all you need to know..

one of the best all around PFs in the last 10 yrs, delegated to a spotup 3 pt shooter for the sake of "lebron ball" :facepalm

this. Conclusion: all evidence points to lebron turning superstars into scrubs.

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Depends on the player.

Guys that need the ball to be effective are naturally not going to get as many touches when playing alongside of him.

Low usage role player types are the kind of players that are gonna get way better looks and do better playing with Lebron.

Jlamb47
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
I think he helps his teamates get going when hes playing well and passing and there hitting shots. But i think he dont make players like Bosh or Wade better. They need the ball to be good like they were, when Lebron takes their touches it slows their game down.

Inactive
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes. Of course Wade and Bosh aren't going to score as much when they have share shots with each other. Lebron takes fewer shots as well. But look at how much more efficient they are with Lebron. All three of them have been hitting career high FG percentages every year. His play most directly benefits their shooters though.

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
I think he helps his teamates get going when hes playing well and passing and there hitting shots. But i think he dont make players like Bosh or Wade better. They need the ball to be good like they were, when Lebron takes their touches it slows their game down.

IMO Bosh's decline is on him. Dude just needs to man up and play more aggressively. Wasted talent on that roster if you ask me. He should be doing way more.

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
He makes spot up shooters look really good.

But he has trouble playing with other players who like to create/have the ball.

Legends66NBA7
06-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Trying way too hard, guy.

It's almost like context is irrelevant around these parts.

imdaman99
06-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Bran makes role players, aka anyone that can hit open 3s or can't dribble, better.

He makes any other stars worse. Players that can create their own shot.

With Melo, JR has topped out to his full potential ( :roll: ) and with Durant, Westbrook continues to improve.

navy
06-17-2014, 03:37 PM
IMO Bosh's decline is on him. Dude just needs to man up and play more aggressively. Wasted talent on that roster if you ask me. He should be doing way more.

Lebron wasnt the cause of Wade and Bosh's decline. They just got older. Sure they dont score as much but the efficiency is there. Hell, Lebron takes way too little shots now if you ask me.

And Bosh's defensive rebounding is dreadful. No excuse for that. :facepalm

Inactive
06-17-2014, 03:38 PM
He makes spot up shooters look really good.

But he has trouble playing with other players who like to create/have the ball.I don't know if that's even true. He's actually pretty good off the ball now. He's a threat in the post, a good spot up shooter, and decent at cutting to the basket. But obviously only one person can shoot the ball at a time, so if he played with a ball dominant person who shot a lot, one or both of their numbers would go down.

gasolina
06-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Troll thread but will bite. Lebron is like Iverson in a way. In order for the team to get the very best out of him, he needs complementary playera who can catch and shoot and spread the floor.

Its like pairing him with Zach Randolph vs. old ass Rashard Lewis. Lewis will be betterwand Zbo will be traded for quentin richardson

ProfessorMurder
06-17-2014, 03:48 PM

How aggressively can a person stand 25 feet from the basket?

mehyaM24
06-17-2014, 03:50 PM
he took a mike brown coached team to the finals

nuff said

navy
06-17-2014, 03:52 PM
See Games 1 and 2 of the NBA Finals.

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2014, 03:53 PM
The fact that people are even thinking or saying he "needs complimentary players" is :facepalm

Because Wade/Bosh declined, that's why? really doe

Rubio2Gasol
06-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Helps Spot up guys.

Hurts everyone else.

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2014, 04:44 PM
he took a mike brown coached team to the finals

nuff said

the fact that mike brown's schemes made that cavs team a top defensive and rebounding team was huge factor that shouldn't be overlooked.

DukeDelonte13
06-17-2014, 04:46 PM

he needs to attack more and utilize his talents. People forget how good chris bosh is.

Dresta
06-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Troll thread but will bite. Lebron is like Iverson in a way. In order for the team to get the very best out of him, he needs complementary playera who can catch and shoot and spread the floor.

Its like pairing him with Zach Randolph vs. old ass Rashard Lewis. Lewis will be betterwand Zbo will be traded for quentin richardson
This is kinda true. It's strange how Lebron can be such a versatile player but then be pretty unadaptable as a teammate. It is like he's played one way his whole life (because he's always been so good) and it's become engrained to an extent.

He still puts it away for large stretches and that has generally been when Miami have been at their best, but when things get hard he tends to revert to old habits; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, against a team like SA i don't think anything was gonna work with the defensive scheme Miami were running - they were completely overmatched.

dubeta
06-17-2014, 04:57 PM
people would have a case if lebron actually had a high usage rate but he doesnt, he actually plays a lot of offball screens/post ups if you notice :facepalm

Wade is just finished

And Bosh developed a phobia of banging down low, he even admitted it

outbreak
06-17-2014, 05:00 PM
He makes roleplayers much better but he makes stars worse by holding the ball and requiring so much control over the style of play.

riseagainst
06-17-2014, 06:14 PM
people would have a case if lebron actually had a high usage rate but he doesnt, he actually plays a lot of offball screens/post ups if you notice :facepalm

Wade is just finished

And Bosh developed a phobia of banging down low, he even admitted it

holding the ball too long does not necessarily equate to a high usage rate....

rlsmooth775
06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Or is he just holding them back from blossoming and continuing their own personal dominance? I mean look at Wade before LeBron? Top 3 player in the game, just dominant...But with Bron? Glorified role player, doesn't consistantly touch the ball enough to stay in an consistant scoring rythem....Look at Bosh? 20-10 type player with an All round post game, multi time All Star and All NBA player, but with LeBron? Spot up corner shooting role player...And the only reason he isn't consistant at rebounding and defense is because he's not involved offensively so that mentally disrupts your All Round ability....

I'm sayin It's just weird that even with talent LeBron dwarfs his teammates just to fit his stat sheet. It seems like everyone around LeBron just plays for Lebrons stats. Look I know he's a great teammate n all and averages alot of ast, but What I've watched from his career seems like his talent overtakes maximizing his teammates abilities to properly effect a game...Just my 2 cents..
Wade is washed up Bosh is just soft

branslowski
06-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Lebron wasnt the cause of Wade and Bosh's decline. They just got older. Sure they dont score as much but the efficiency is there. Hell, Lebron takes way too little shots now if you ask me.

And Bosh's defensive rebounding is dreadful. No excuse for that. :facepalm

So they just magically got "old" as soon as LeBron showed up?:coleman:

navy
06-17-2014, 07:09 PM
So they just magically got "old" as soon as LeBron showed up?:coleman:
Are you an idiot? They werent young to begin with. And yes. Wade was a superstar in 2011, in 2012 he had knee problems and sat out games. This was when Wade said Lebron was better than him. Then Bosh declined after the 2012 finals he was never a superstar to begin with though. They got older and got worse. It happens. Wade's was just accelerated by constant injuries.

knicksman
06-17-2014, 07:40 PM
losers go for stats. So they play like oscar who was considered a cancer despite the stats. So to the people who are saying lebron doesnt make his teammates worse, do you think iverson make his teammates better?

branslowski
06-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Are you an idiot? They werent young to begin with. And yes. Wade was a superstar in 2011, in 2012 he had knee problems and sat out games. This was when Wade said Lebron was better than him. Then Bosh declined after the 2012 finals he was never a superstar to begin with though. They got older and got worse. It happens. Wade's was just accelerated by constant injuries.

Wow u really just said Bosh wasn't a Superstar? Yet during his prime was putting up numbers basically better than Duncan's..LeBron took away both Bosh and Wades will to play really, especially when they knew they would get 0 credit for nething and that's the cold truth.

Mr Exlax
06-17-2014, 09:40 PM
I think he makes players better if their skillset compliment his. He can't make Dwade a better player often times because they are redundant for the most part. Bosh was not the 2nd option so LeBron didn't really have the chance to fully utilize Bosh. Blame Spo and whoever else wanted Bosh to play out of position.