PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay Wade if you are a GM of an NBA team?

Kiddlovesnets
06-17-2014, 06:36 PM
I personally wont offer anything more than $5M, hes only worth $8M right now but the rate hes declining makes it evident that $4-5M is very close to his average value over the next 3-5 years. The Heat may offer him a bigger contract since hes brought them titles and fans, thats why I think he will stay in Miami. No other team will offer him a contract worth of $10M+, and I guess Wade knows this very well himself too so his only option is to stay in Miami and continue to rot till his contract expires.

navy
06-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Wade's stats in the regular season 19-5-5 on 55% shooting

Had basically the same stats before the last three games of the finals.

5 million a year. Overreaction much...

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Wade's stats in the regular season 19-5-5 on 55% shooting

Had basically the same stats before the last three games of the finals.

5 million a year. Overreaction much...

Exactly

How many 19/5/5 on 50%+ FG are ONLY MAKING 5 mil
Per year :facepalm :facepalm

5 mil is like Mario Chalmers money.

I'd give him 10 mil for the next 2 years with a team option for the 3rd.

navy
06-17-2014, 06:45 PM

I meant 5 million was an over reaction to 3 games. Nvm, you edited your post.
Wade is at least 10 million for two years. Who knows after that.

Kiddlovesnets
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM

Why not? Hes averaging 19/5/5 this year but the rate hes declining he will average something like 16/4/4 next year and then something like 12/3/3 two years later. Mario Chalmers does not even deserve $2M, hes trash.
:rolleyes:

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I meant 5 million was an over reaction to 3 games.

I was agreeing. I edited my post.

dubeta
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Exactly

You pay on what they do NEXT season, not the current. Do you think he could put up 19/5/5 next year? Another year of age

And he can only do this playing 55 games a year, not even a full season

Hey Yo
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
4yrs 48mil with a 4th year team option.

TheMarkMadsen
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Why not? Hes averaging 19/5/5 this year but the rate hes declining he will average something like 16/4/4 next year and then something like 12/3/3 two years later. Mario Chalmers does not even deserve $2M, hes trash.
:rolleyes:

He won't put up those mediocre numbers. Especially if he gets a bigger role. His career isn't over, 19/5/5 reg season, 20/5/4 ECF..

He's worth 10 mil or more.

Phenith
06-17-2014, 06:50 PM
I believe considering he has hit the down swing of his career and has had constant health concerns, that a 4 year $40 million area is the max I would be putting on the table. Bottom line is, he isn't the guy I would want leading my team at this point in his career. I think it is a fair offer that would be a bargain for the team during the first half of the contract and a bargain for Wade during the second half of the contract.

navy
06-17-2014, 06:50 PM
You pay on what they do NEXT season, not the current. Do you think he could put up 19/5/5 next year? Another year of age

And he can only do this playing 55 games a year, not even a full season
Wade will at worst put up 17/4/4 on 50% next year

G-train
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
2 years 13 million
Little less than Manu, who is a better player at this point.

G-train
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM

wouldn't give a contract based on 3 stat categories.

Graviton
06-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Not in the playoffs. Most of his points come off Lebron spoonfeeding him easy baskets. When Lebron is on the bench Wade can't do ANYTHING by himself. As you saw vs the Spurs. He has no jumper, can't drive, can't even finish off post ups no more, can barely get off the ground. And his defense makes Harden look like Tony Allen at times.

navy
06-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Not in the playoffs. Most of his points come off Lebron spoonfeeding him easy baskets. When Lebron is on the bench Wade can't do ANYTHING by himself. As you saw vs the Spurs. He has no jumper, can't drive, can't even finish off post ups no more, can barely get off the ground. And his defense makes Harden look like Tony Allen at times.

Wade was pretty decent in the playoffs this year until the Spurs series. Like I said people are overreactionary. Last year it was Manu who was done after that terrible performance, but he bounced back well enough.

Definitely played bad in the finals. The whole Heat team did outside of Lebron offensively.

Haymaker
06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Whatever Manu is getting paid seems reasonable.

Graviton
06-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Wade was pretty decent in the playoffs this year until the Spurs series. Like I said people are overreactionary. Last year it was Manu who was done after that terrible performance, but he bounced back well enough.

Definitely played bad in the finals. The whole Heat team did outside of Lebron offensively.
Difference is Manu's game doesn't rely 90% on his athleticism like Wade's. Wade isn't gonna magically come back to form, the reason he was playing better earlier was due to the fact he was against garbage East teams that had no idea how to run an offense or execute defensively.

Damn Bobcats, ancient half dead Nets and scrubass undisciplined Pacers that could barely even score 80 a night aren't really tough opponents. Spurs shocked the Heat and made it look so easy, even OKC without Ibaka for 2 games and even worse bench took them to 6. Because Westbrook/Durant had tough series vs Memphis and Clippers, played like shit at times but got better as the playoffs progressed. Heat on the other hand were never truly challenged.

Trollsmasher
06-17-2014, 07:20 PM
For a net negative player with no knees and gigantic ego that will only play about 2/3 of games?

Not much

rmt
06-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Wade needs to be put on a Manu program - less than 30 mins a game during the regular season. I wouldn't pay him more than $10 mil a year - don't think he'll stomach a 50% pay cut though. That wardrobe consultant of his needs to go.

I thought Manu's contract at $7mil a year was too much coming off his disastrous Finals, but he played well this year and HE MAKES OTHERS BETTER - Splitter, Green and Mills in particular - he makes the second unit go. Can the same be said of Wade? Manu has always been slightly underpaid his whole career so I can see them slightly overpaying him in his old age and his production went up from reg season to post season not down like Wade's. And this is all discounting that Manu's playing in the West in the toughest division (MEM, HOU, DAL, NOP) compared to Wade in the easy East.

JohnMax
06-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Hes only good for 50 games a year and can't play an entire playoffs without rest.

So hes basically a better version of Bynum and Odom.

DMAVS41
06-17-2014, 07:41 PM
He's probably worth around 10 million a year.

But he is only worth that if plays on a team that can let him sit for like 15 games and play him no more than 30 minutes a night until the playoffs.

So it's hard to gauge his real value.

macpierce
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Um, wade misses 1/3 of a season now so those nice averages need some perspective.

Increase the # of games and his minutes go up = more injuries

Smook A.
06-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I'd give him a 2 year/20 million dollar contract

10 million each year.

Smoke117
06-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Wade can still be good for 3-4 years if a team uses him right. Flash is clearly dead and gone...Dwyanes speed, quickness, and ball-handling have clearly diminished as any players does as they age. The heat need to use him in the post...he's frankly easily the best SG in the post. If anything I think he should put back the muscle on his frame that he shed for this season. The Heat need to feed him the ball down low.

oh the horror
06-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Wade can still be good for 3-4 years if a team uses him right. Flash is clearly dead and gone...Dwyanes speed, quickness, and ball-handling have clearly diminished as any players does as they age. The heat need to use him in the post...he's frankly easily the best SG in the post. If anything I think he should put back the muscle on his frame that he shed for this season. The Heat need to feed him the ball down low.

So not only do you think he'd be good 3-4 years but he should add muscle?

Those are the opposite of what should and what will happen dude.

Wade is about a year or two away from retirement at best and his stock value went into the toilet. Not only did he not play a chunk of games but he looked done during the end of the playoffs.

He isn't worth anything over 10. Don't let his stats fool you folks.

Bimbo Coles
06-17-2014, 09:17 PM
As an unrestricted free agent, I'd say Manu money (7mil per), but I wouldn't insult him with that offer. I'm quite positive he'd go for a fair bit more.

the wise man
06-18-2014, 01:37 AM
I am interested in the opinion of ripthekik and other Lesexy haters. I think they would give him a little more than what he is earning right now, considering he is at the same level as Lebron.

ZMonkey11
06-18-2014, 01:40 AM
If they still could, they'd pay him amnesty.

TheCorporation
06-18-2014, 01:42 AM

Manu can stretch the floor with his 3-ball though, Wade is something horrid like a 28% 3P career shooter. lol

aj1987
06-18-2014, 04:19 AM
$10M-$12M max. He should do that now, as it will give Miami ~$10M-$12M in cap space.

kshutts1
06-18-2014, 07:40 AM
The text throughout the finals went something like...

Wow Wade is so bad

I may be overreacting, but I'd only pay Wade 5m a year at this point

Now I know I'm overreacting, but I legit think I would have helped the Heat more in the Finals than Wade did

...so that's where I'm coming from. But I'm pretty convinced that, outside of the Heat team, Wade's not worth much more than 8-10m, and I'd only offer him 5m (because I don't want him unless it's that cheap).
He didn't do well creating for others, his health concerns mean he shouldn't be relied upon to lead the team consistently, and his jumper leaves A LOT to be desired, and completely hinders his game as he ages.

For anyone spouting his stats.... Look at the system. Not saying they're a product of that system, but the Heat offense is quite literally built for Lebron to run it and, back in the day, Wade was a mini-Lebron. So it makes sense that Wade would be more successful in Miami than anywhere else.

Doranku
06-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Nothing.

Why would I want someone who can only play half a season on my team?

Harison
06-18-2014, 08:01 AM
If doctors can bring him back to full health, he is worthy 12-15 mln/year for next few years, less after. If not - I wouldnt touch him, there are younger (and better) players who would ask similar money Wade is expecting.

The JKidd Kid
06-18-2014, 08:03 AM
4yrs 48mil with a 4th year team option.

This.