PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing thing about Kobe's top 10 greatness to me...

stalkerforlife
06-17-2014, 10:00 PM
The most amazing thing about Kobe's greatness to me is, the fact that he has no physical feature that is elite among the other ton 10 members. All, with the exception of MJ, are taller than him. All weigh more than him. The most similar in size and weight, MJ, has much bigger hands than him and was more athletic in his prime.

What does that tell you?

It tell me that Kobe, without any advantages over his counterparts, had to make the top 10 list of all time with hard work and skill. No other top 10 player had to work as hard as Kobe to enter this list. No other player on this list, IMO, has more basketball skill than Kobe Bryant. Kobe had to overcome a lack of superior size and athleticism and it truly does amaze me.

(He's top 5 to me, but not a reputable person alive has him out of the top 10)

insidehoops
06-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Test 123

9erempiree
06-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Good looking out Jeff.

9erempiree
06-18-2014, 01:02 AM
It was down for a long ass time.

Deuce Bigalow
06-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Larry Bird?

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Larry Bird?

Hes white, dat off the court advantage

9erempiree
06-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Contrary to popular belief Kobe did have elite athleticism.

Here is what he does better than others:

Quickness and Agility- this is something that is often overlooked. His quickness is very elite. He can blow by his guy at will. It even showed at an old age before he tore his achilles.

Leaping ability- very elite. Although he doesn't get high on verticals but the distance he travels and at the speed he travels is very elite. You don't make a name dunking on people without this. Again, it may not be VC leaping ability but that agility I mentioned come into play.

Strength- He was posting up against SF, but then again, Kobe played some SF early in his career but he would easily post up bigger Forwards and Power Forwards with ease...bigger guys like Diaw, Battier and countless Kobe stoppers who were usually stronger than the opposition SG's.

SouBeachTalents
06-18-2014, 01:19 AM
The most amazing thing about Kobe's greatness to me is, the fact that he has no physical feature that is elite among the other ton 10 members. All, with the exception of MJ, are taller than him. All weigh more than him. The most similar in size and weight, MJ, has much bigger hands than him and was more athletic in his prime.

What does that tell you?

It tell me that Kobe, without any advantages over his counterparts, had to make the top 10 list of all time with hard work and skill. No other top 10 player had to work as hard as Kobe to enter this list. No other player on this list, IMO, has more basketball skill than Kobe Bryant. Kobe had to overcome a lack of superior size and athleticism and it truly does amaze me.

(He's top 5 to me, but not a reputable person alive has him out of the top 10)

Getting carried by Shaq is hardwork?

RoundMoundOfReb
06-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Larry Bird?
He's taller but yeah he's definitely less gifted athletically. Same with Magic.

stalkerforlife
06-18-2014, 01:21 AM
Larry Bird?

Taller and heavier, dude. Come on.

9erempiree
06-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Not many guys on the top 10 list was doing this. MJ is the closest but he was stiff compared to Bryant. He was definitely a better jumper than Kobe but he wasn't like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed-1u4teR5g

Warfan
06-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Taller and heavier, dude. Come on.

:oldlol:

Anyway kobe in his prime was one of the best athletes in the league. 9er summed it up pretty well :applause:

stalkerforlife
06-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Contrary to popular belief Kobe did have elite athleticism.

Here is what he does better than others:

Quickness and Agility- this is something that is often overlooked. His quickness is very elite. He can blow by his guy at will. It even showed at an old age before he tore his achilles.

Leaping ability- very elite. Although he doesn't get high on verticals but the distance he travels and at the speed he travels is very elite. You don't make a name dunking on people without this. Again, it may not be VC leaping ability but that agility I mentioned come into play.

Strength- He was posting up against SF, but then again, Kobe played some SF early in his career but he would easily post up bigger Forwards and Power Forwards with ease...bigger guys like Diaw, Battier and countless Kobe stoppers who were usually stronger than the opposition SG's.

Yes, Kobe had a great mix of everything. However, I was speaking on behalf of size. Weight, height, wingspan, and hand size. He is not elite in any of those categories to any other top 10 player. The things you mention came from hard work more than natural ability, IMO.

Mr. Jabbar
Agreed.

Fawker
he's a gym buff too

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Hes white, dat off the court advantage

true. never seen a white man that looked so black on the court.

deja vu
06-18-2014, 02:35 AM
Agreed.
What a surprise.

6 for 24
06-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Yet another untapped topic here at ISH!

I agree with the OP. What separates Kobe from commoners like you or me is his mental fortitude. To use a common clich

Rose'sACL
06-18-2014, 03:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ycC78Yv.png

WTF?

6 for 24
06-18-2014, 03:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ycC78Yv.png

WTF?

I know! It is simply an insane display of conditioning to put up 47 shots in 46 minutes (making a respectable 17)!

:bowdown:

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Kobe had Jordan mentality before he nessecarily had Jordan skillsets
(since we can't factor in stamina/strength even if the guy was 24 yrs old then)

which probably compensated for his skill set a little.

JT123
06-18-2014, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=6 for 24]Yet another untapped topic here at ISH!

I agree with the OP. What separates Kobe from commoners like you or me is his mental fortitude. To use a common clich