PDA

View Full Version : will dallas be the favorites if Melo signs with them?

veilside23
06-18-2014, 01:41 AM
monta/calderon/harris
VC/monta/ellington
melo/ marion
dirk
dalembert/wright

i hope carlisle would stay.. one of the best coach in the nba...

what is their rank ?

just want to know a good analysis ..

RoundMoundOfReb
06-18-2014, 01:42 AM
No. I don't think Melo's game fits well with that team.

navy
06-18-2014, 01:42 AM
No.

DMAVS41
06-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Ugh...hell no.

We'd be scary good offensively, but Melo doesn't fit well for us. That last thing we need is a ball stopper forward that is kind of a cancer.

Now, we somehow get Chandler and Melo...and don't lose anything key.

Then we can talk.

But running Dalembert/Blair/Wright back as our bigs next to Dirk will absolutely not be good enough.

veilside23
06-18-2014, 01:48 AM
Ugh...hell no.

We'd be scary good offensively, but Melo doesn't fit well for us. That last thing we need is a ball stopper forward that is kind of a cancer.

Then we can talk.

But running Dalembert/Blair/Wright back as our bigs next to Dirk will absolutely not be good enough.

but would you want melo or not ?

Akrazotile
06-18-2014, 01:49 AM
What evidence is there anywhere that Carmelo is a difference maker?

I swear, this guy gets so much talk and hype for someone who has demonstrated no ability to get results in a 10+ year career.

You are not 'adding' to your offense by adding Carmelo, you are simply transferring the scoring from a group effort to a single individual, and for the Mavs that is a DOWNgrade.

I swear, people act like putting Carmelo on a team is going to simply add a net 25 points to their nightly total. Carmelo Anthony does not IMPROVE a team's scoring, he simply hogs it. Only the dumb fans are fooled by such a meaningless red herring. Its not a positive impact. Seriously, how many times do you have to tell people this??

DMAVS41
06-18-2014, 01:51 AM
but would you want melo or not ?

Alone? hell no.

His money could be used to improve things we actually need.

You could get Deng and Pau Gasol or Deng and Asik for the same price...and that combo is way better than melo alone for this Mavs team.

veilside23
06-18-2014, 01:51 AM

I swear, this guy gets so much talk and hype for someone who has demonstrated no ability to get results in a 10+ year career.

Well melo is still one of the best scorer in the game ... i dont know when would be the time that he would mature and understand his role as a superstar and take it to the next level..

SCdac
06-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Offensively they'd be sick. They were a great offensive team this season, and I think Dirk and Melo would ultimately work. But, defense. Will they

Cactus-Sack
06-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Their main need is a defensive C. Dirk and Monta are capable of shouldering the offensive load.

Cactus-Sack
06-18-2014, 03:40 AM
Alone? hell no.

His money could be used to improve things we actually need.

You could get Deng and Pau Gasol or Deng and Asik for the same price...and that combo is way better than melo alone for this Mavs team.

God that's scary. Asik is perfect next to Dirk. Could go w/ a small-ball line-up of: Calderon-Ellis-Deng-Marion-Dirk.

:eek:

Would be great to see Mavs-Spurs in the WCF next year. Such a good series this year.

Trentknicks
06-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Ugh...hell no.

Then we can talk.

He'd actually have options there moron :facepalm Try actually watching the games.

masonanddixon
06-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Deng and Asik/Gortat and Mavs become the favorites.

GimmeThat
06-18-2014, 05:29 AM
monta/calderon/harris
VC/monta/ellington
melo/ marion
dirk
dalembert/wright

i hope carlisle would stay.. one of the best coach in the nba...

what is their rank ?

just want to know a good analysis ..

I'd put them up as close to a favorite as their is before the FA settles

Carlisle's coaching IS pretty impressive.

He can get Kidd to work with Dirk.
There's no saying he can't get that out of Melo.

hawkfan
06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Luol Deng and Jordan Hill are more realistic.
And that would improve the Mavs by about 5 more wins.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Melo would create more holes than he would fill.

Draz
06-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Fck no

Lebronxrings
06-18-2014, 05:25 PM
no because melo will go 6/24 while the team shoots 50%. They don't need a cancer who won't share the ball. Dallas is good playing as a team, which melo doesn't understand.

DMAVS41
06-18-2014, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=SCdac]Offensively they'd be sick. They were a great offensive team this season, and I think Dirk and Melo would ultimately work. But, defense. Will they

Cone
06-18-2014, 05:51 PM
they need more defense. deng and sanders? and another backcourt defender. if they get these two, they'll be better off w/o melo

ellis/melo/dirk is amazing though

DMAVS41
06-18-2014, 05:57 PM
they need more defense. deng and sanders? and another backcourt defender. if they get these two, they'll be better off w/o melo

ellis/melo/dirk is amazing though

ellis/melo/dirk is amazing...

but if that happens, you have to then trade calderon/wright for a center.

so if you could, for example, turn calderon/wright/ellington into Chandler/Felton or something as I know the Knicks are looking to move both of them...then it works.

Harris/Larkin/Felton
Ellis/Carter
Melo/Crowder
Dirk/Blair
Chandler/Dalembert

Something like that works, but there is no ****ing way a team that has to play calderon, ellis, melo, and dirk huge minutes together is going to win anything. that is one of the worst defensive lineups 1 through 4 ever.

LoneyROY7
06-19-2014, 12:30 AM

You are not 'adding' to your offense by adding Carmelo, you are simply transferring the scoring from a group effort to a single individual, and for the Mavs that is a DOWNgrade.

I swear, people act like putting Carmelo on a team is going to simply add a net 25 points to their nightly total. Carmelo Anthony does not IMPROVE a team's scoring, he simply hogs it. Only the dumb fans are fooled by such a meaningless red herring. Its not a positive impact. Seriously, how many times do you have to tell people this??

So, it's just a coincidence that Carmelo has made the playoffs all but once in his 10 year career thus far?

hawksdogsbraves
06-19-2014, 12:52 AM
So, it's just a coincidence that Carmelo has made the playoffs all but once in his 10 year career thus far?

It's really not that hard to make the playoffs in a league where OVER HALF the teams make it.

MellowYellow
06-19-2014, 02:17 AM
Wright is better than Chandler, srsly did noone watch a Knick game last year. Tyson was terrible last year and took a major step back defensively. I like what i saw from wright I think him melo dirk is a fantastic frontcourt.

leopoldstotch
06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
i have thought about it. melo and elllis cannot co-exist in the same team together. that is impossible especially with the volume of shots they take.

MellowYellow
06-19-2014, 02:25 AM
i have thought about it. melo and elllis cannot co-exist in the same team together. that is impossible especially with the volume of shots they take.

Good analysis Hubie Brown.:facepalm

Myth
06-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Favorites? lol, they aren't even a playoff lock. Maybe only a 75% chance of making the playoffs.