PDA

View Full Version : My sources tell me that Spurs are putting together a package for Josh Smith

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 11:31 AM
The rumored package include Kawhi Leonard. Wow, I didn't know that the Spurs were so high on Smoove! Guess I was right all along! Now accepting apologies, thanks.

PJR
06-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Source: anus

Derka
06-18-2014, 11:40 AM
0/10, but people will still bite on this.

boozehound
06-18-2014, 11:55 AM
perfect! I love it. So,
C Drummond/Harrellson
PF Monroe/ JJ/Mitchell
SF Kawhi/Datome
SG KCP/ Singler
PG Rondo/ Bynum/Siva

Smook A.
06-18-2014, 11:57 AM
You might be the first Josh Smith stan in the history of ISH. That's sad bruh

3peated
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
wow i hope ur fingers fall off

tontoz
06-18-2014, 11:59 AM
OP is so pathetic he can't even troll worth a dam.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
perfect! I love it. So,
C Drummond/Harrellson
PF Monroe/ JJ/Mitchell
SF Kawhi/Datome
SG KCP/ Singler
PG Rondo/ Bynum/Siva
idk if we want Rondo atm, Brandon Jennings is a better shooter and almost as good of a passer.

Trollsmasher
06-18-2014, 12:10 PM
OP has syphilis

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 12:15 PM
More details in from my sources: Spurs offer Manu Ginobli and Kawhi Leonard for Josh Smith and a 1st round pick. Wow, looks like both teams get better and look for both teams to contend!

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Spurs have been interested in Smith since last year and they finally see that it is time to make a move for him before his value goes up after this season,
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/12/3980822/nba-trade-rumors-2013-josh-smith-spurs

Droid101
06-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah, he's totally a high IQ player, fits right in.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah, he's totally a high IQ player, fits right in.
common misconception, Josh has high basketball iq, just doesn't show it because coach in Detroit doesn't enforce making the right plays. Dwight Howard would probably shoot jumpers in the current system.

LoneyROY7
06-18-2014, 12:59 PM
common misconception, Josh has high basketball iq, just doesn't show it because coach in Detroit doesn't enforce making the right plays. Dwight Howard would probably shoot jumpers in the current system.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

A player that has a high basketball IQ doesn't need a coach to enforce anything, b/c he understands what a good shot is and what the best play to make is.

Ala not Josh Smith.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Spurs have been interested in Smith since last year and they finally see that it is time to make a move for him before his value goes up after this season,
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/12/3980822/nba-trade-rumors-2013-josh-smith-spurs

LOL @ a rumor that is over a year old. If it had any validity then, which isn't likely, it definitely doesn't now. Smith was an abomination in Detroit and the Spurs just won a title without him.

Meticode
06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I can't believe that people make legit replies to this poster's thread. He literally makes every thread about Josh Smith and it's all lies!

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 01:08 PM
I can't believe that people make legit replies to this poster's thread. He literally makes every thread about Josh Smith and it's all lies!
if you look at my past threads, they can't be lies because they are opinions. Also please pm me next time instead of attacking my credibility out in the open like this please.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 01:09 PM
LOL @ a rumor that is over a year old. If it had any validity then, which isn't likely, it definitely doesn't now. Smith was an abomination in Detroit and the Spurs just won a title without him.
can't be too down on Josh after one bad year on a bad team. Also all teams can improve even champions.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 01:18 PM
can't be too down on Josh after one bad year on a bad team. Also all teams can improve even champions.

Smith has been taking dumb jumpers for years. It just got worse in Detroit but has always been bad. He doesn't realize he can't shoot no matter how many bricks he puts up.

And the Spurs definitely aren't trading the Finals MVP for him LMAO.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Smith has been taking dumb jumpers for years. It just got worse in Detroit but has always been bad. He doesn't realize he can't shoot no matter how many bricks he puts up.

And the Spurs definitely aren't trading the Finals MVP for him LMAO.
Spurs are smooth operators, they will trade Leonard for a top 5 PF in the League while his value is high and Smith's is low.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Spurs are smooth operators, they will trade Leonard for a top 5 PF in the League while his value is high and Smith's is low.

What do you think Duncan is? They don't need 2 top 5 power forwards.

:facepalm

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
What do you think Duncan is? They don't need 2 top 5 power forwards.

:facepalm
Duncan is a center.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Duncan is a center.

Duncan is universally seen as the best pf ever but obviously the rest of the basketball world doesn't know as much as you. :rolleyes:

Just google best pf all time and he is number 1 on every list.

Derka
06-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Jesus, people are still replying this...

Gotta bump it up to a 2/10.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Duncan is universally seen as the best pf ever but obviously the rest of the basketball world doesn't know as much as you. :rolleyes:

doesn't change the fact he can play center

tontoz
06-18-2014, 01:42 PM
doesn't change the fact he can play center

So what? It doesn't mean that they need to trade the Final's MVP for a low IQ shot jacker.

Even if they were looking for a top 5 pf they wouldn't be looking at Smith. He has never been top 5 at the 4. He has zero All-Star appearances.

Bandito
06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
You might be the first Josh Smith stan in the history of ISH. That's sad bruh
Better than being a Harden stan. Ouch...!

boozehound
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM

he has clearly played center ever since robinson left. They can call him what they want, but almost every decent bball analyst will acknowledge that he is really a center.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 02:03 PM
he has clearly played center ever since robinson left. They can call him what they want, but almost every decent bball analyst will acknowledge that he is really a center.

You may want to let Splitter know. I don't think he got the memo. I don't see him catching the ball away from the basket nearly as much as Duncan.

Over 60% of Duncan's shots are jumpers compared to only 27% for Splitter.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13SAS18.HTM#pstats

http://www.82games.com/1314/13SAS17.HTM#pstats

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
So what? It doesn't mean that they need to trade the Final's MVP for a low IQ shot jacker.

Even if they were looking for a top 5 pf they wouldn't be looking at Smith. He has never been top 5 at the 4. He has zero All-Star appearances.
You obviously know nothing about basketball if you use all star appearances to determine who is good haha.

boozehound
06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
You may want to let Splitter know. I don't think he got the memo. I don't see him catching the ball away from the basket nearly as much as Duncan.

Over 60% of Duncan's shots are jumpers compared to only 27% for Splitter.

http://www.82games.com/1314/13SAS18.HTM#pstats

http://www.82games.com/1314/13SAS17.HTM#pstats
tell that to Kevin McHale. Again, its a moot (endlessly debatable) point. The spurs listed him as power forward to garner more all star appearances. He is a paint protector/post passer/pivot. That is a center.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 02:12 PM
You obviously know nothing about basketball if you use all star appearances to determine who is good haha.

By all means please list the players who can't make an All-Star game who are top 5 at their positions.

tontoz
06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
tell that to Kevin McHale. Again, its a moot (endlessly debatable) point. The spurs listed him as power forward to garner more all star appearances. He is a paint protector/post passer/pivot. That is a center.

He is also a guy who plays away from the basket far more than the big man playing next to him. It is not a new development either.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 02:21 PM
By all means please list the players who can't make an All-Star game who are top 5 at their positions.
moot point atm because Smith will definitely make an All Star game soon but some that come to mind are Al Jefferson now and Marcus Camby back in the day.

funnystuff
06-18-2014, 02:25 PM
OP is using revive/tele.

hawkfan
06-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Smith and a 2nd round pick to Boston for Gerald Wallace and Joel Anthony (expirer).

The Pistons get 4 million in cap savings next year, and then 14 million in cap savings the year after that.

The Celtics get Smith to help out Rondo and then get another 2nd round pick to add another piece.

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Smith and a 2nd round pick to Boston for Gerald Wallace and Joel Anthony (expirer).

The Pistons get 4 million in cap savings next year, and then 14 million in cap savings the year after that.

The Celtics get Smith to help out Rondo and then get another 2nd round pick to add another piece.
That would be a great trade for the C's but I doubt the Pistons do that.

hawksdogsbraves
06-18-2014, 03:48 PM
That would be a great trade for the C's but I doubt the Pistons do that.

Don't underestimate the Pistons' desire to rid themselves of Josh Smith

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Don't underestimate the Pistons' desire to rid themselves of Josh Smith
don't underestimate how good Josh Smith is at PF. #TradeMonroe

Derka
06-18-2014, 03:56 PM

I'd rather see Crash backing up Jeff Green at the small forward spot for $10 million than ever see Josh Smith shoot a single three-point shot in a Celtics uniform. F*ck that loser.

no pun intended
06-18-2014, 04:20 PM
OP is using revive/tele.
Lol

Fiddlesticks
06-18-2014, 04:50 PM
I'd rather see Crash backing up Jeff Green at the small forward spot for $10 million than ever see Josh Smith shoot a single three-point shot in a Celtics uniform. F*ck that loser.
lol your loss, Josh doesn't want to play for the Celtics anyways.