PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Will Never Win A Championship With OKC

aboss4real24
06-18-2014, 01:25 PM
http://basket-infos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kevin-Durant-meme-backpack.jpg

Westbrook is a cancer

Kendrick perkins is the biggest waste of money in the nba

Scott Brooks Is a terrible coach who cant run a offense

They have made nuthn but bad decisions the last 3 years wen it comes to Drafting n free agent signings

U Went frum Harden, Kmart, To Reggie jackson

after reggie jack leaves then wat?

Lamb perry jones these r guys who dey drafted , n they have done nothing

If KD Is smart he will realize that he is wasting his prime years with a franchise who only gud decisions were drafting him And that cancer they call a PG, N Drafting another star player who they let go to keep a role player

KD Needs to leave asap in 2016 there are way better options out there

navy
06-18-2014, 01:28 PM
OKC will win eventually. Lebron and Popovich wont be around forever. Maybe even next year...

aboss4real24
06-18-2014, 01:39 PM
OKC will win eventually. Lebron and Popovich wont be around forever. Maybe even next year...

LAC

RoundMoundOfReb
06-18-2014, 01:41 PM
They need a better coach and they could win next year.

Dengness9
06-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Russy and KD might have some chemistry issues, but Westbrook is not a cancer.

Cancer does help you get to the Conf finals year after year. All the heartbreak is a part of the journey to the top. I think OKC can win one in the next 2-4 years.

Trading Harden was a HUGE mistake that still stings. They'll only be able to erase that if they win a championship.

Brooks should probably go though.

Patrick Chewing
06-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Come to New York, Big Kev. We love you.

russwest0
06-18-2014, 01:57 PM
they've lost to a team that went on to win it all like what, 3 of the last 4 years?

they'll get theirs.

the problem is with keeping brooks we already know what we are going to get in the playoffs next year (the exact same shit) which is frustrating is hell.

from a player personnel standpoint all OKC needs is like two reliable 3pt shooters added to the squad. This could be as easy as signing Meeks to the MLE and Miller to the minimum. Boom, done.

The problem is, and always will be Brooks however. Not only do his stupid coaching decisions cost us multiple games throughout the season but they also don't prepare us well for the playoffs at all. That whole "cutting the rotation" shit he did this year felt so damn forced and unnecessary because the team was rolling when guys like Perry and Lamb got more minutes.

It also came at a time where Sefolosha and Perkins were both out nonetheless...

I could rant all day about Brooks. He's just a horrible coach.

Da Doc04
06-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Kevin to the Wiz!!!!!

Beastmode88
06-18-2014, 02:03 PM
He'll win with OKC if they get a 3rd offensive option. They took SA to game 6 without ibaka during the first 2 games. Miami couldn't even blow out SA while OKC blew them out twice.

SOD 21
06-18-2014, 02:31 PM
It will be an interesting summer for the Oklahoma City Thunder and Sam Presti with all the options available to them this off-season.

They have that 6.6 million trade exemption from the Kevin Martin trade last summer, their full mid-level exemption and two first-round draft picks that could be used for some interesting pieces. Of course, they also have their lower level exemptions available as well.

Lots of options for Oklahoma City at this crucial time. It could be the most crucial summer of their young existence with only two years remaining on Kevin Durant's current contract and the necessity to upgrade their roster before that summer two years for now. The roster was somewhat exposed in these playoffs with too many one-dimensional type players and that needs to change, not to mention a desperate need to upgrade their perimeter shooting.

This provides yet another opportunity for Sam Presti to show his worth.

russwest0
06-18-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm still dreaming that we get Nik Staukas after seeing his video in the rain where he hit 46 straight three pointers.

I know his defensive potential sucks because of his average length but he is a pretty impressive athlete and who cares if he's a bad defender as long as he's surrounded by westbrook and durant with Ibaka and Adams protecting the rim.

knicksman
06-18-2014, 07:08 PM
until durant has the balls to call out westbrook, theyre not winning it all. So theyre only hope is to get rid of westbrook. Jackson is a smart player thats why theyre better with him at the point. Actually, all they need is to let them grow. Usually players start winning at the age of 27. Harden, westbrook, durant were never a good fit. They provide almost the same. They were just drafted because they were the best available at that time. Thats why harden has to go for a better fit in adams. And if jackson could be the future pg, then trading westbrook for a pure pg would just be a bonus.

All Net
06-18-2014, 07:18 PM
until durant has the balls to call out westbrook, theyre not winning it all. So theyre only hope is to get rid of westbrook. Jackson is a smart player thats why theyre better with him at the point. Actually, all they need is to let them grow. Usually players start winning at the age of 27. Harden, westbrook, durant were never a good fit. They provide almost the same. They were just drafted because they were the best available at that time. Thats why harden has to go for a better fit in adams. And if jackson could be the future pg, then trading westbrook for a pure pg would just be a bonus.
Please Westbrook isn't the issue. They just lack shooters to spread the floor. Once spurs fade the comp will be limited for them. No reason why they can't win multiple titles going forward.

Steven Adams will be top center with time to improve the going forward

Lebronxrings
06-18-2014, 07:20 PM
i'm gonna be perfectly honest here: as good and stacked OKC is, its a terrible fit for durant. A scoring ball hog PG, lack of shooters, and no real inside presence.

Paul George 24
06-18-2014, 07:42 PM

durant need his father silver & cp3 him :lol

Paul George 24
06-18-2014, 07:44 PM
i'm gonna be perfectly honest here: as good and stacked OKC is, its a terrible fit for durant. A scoring ball hog PG, lack of shooters, and no real inside presence.

westbrooks is heart of soul of thnders than kd did,a real leader of okc

J Shuttlesworth
06-18-2014, 07:47 PM
The problem is that Westbrook doesn't allow KD to shine in the manner which KD could... imagine KD with a point guard like Chris Paul or just somebody unselfish in general. Even Conley would be a better fit than Westbrook. Both Westbrook and Durant are franchise players but playing in the same franchise, which ends up holding them both back in some ways.

navy
06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Talent wins out. Westbrook aand Durant clashing wont be the reason they lose.

dc_chilling
06-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Durant needs to come home to D.C.

Wall, Beal, and Durant would be no joke.

JT123
06-18-2014, 07:54 PM
The problem is that Westbrook doesn't allow KD to shine in the manner which KD could... imagine KD with a point guard like Chris Paul or just somebody unselfish in general. Even Conley would be a better fit than Westbrook. Both Westbrook and Durant are franchise players but playing in the same franchise, which ends up holding them both back in some ways.
:facepalm No dude, just no. OKC doesn't have enough scoring options for Conley to be a good fit for them. How often do you see a team win a title with only one reliable scorer? The Thunder need Westbrook to be an aggressive shooter/scorer, unless you think Durant is gonna outscore the other team by himself every night. :no:

J Shuttlesworth
06-18-2014, 07:57 PM
:facepalm No dude, just no. OKC doesn't have enough scoring options for Conley to be a good fit for them. How often do you see a team win a title with only one reliable scorer? The Thunder need Westbrook to be an aggressive shooter/scorer, unless you think Durant is gonna outscore the other team by himself every night. :no:
I'm not disagreeing, but if you had Conley instead of Westbrook, you would have to change some of the other pieces, like replacing Thabo with somebody who can shoot. You'd also have some more cap space to afford shooters if they weren't paying Westbrook, and had a cheaper true PG instead.

But Durant goes off when Westbrook isn't in... although it didn't really translate in the playoffs last year w/ the Rockets. That's the one thing I'm not sure about... if Durant's regular season dominance will translate in the playoffs.

Get rid of Perkins/Westbrook/Thabo, put in a true PG, a center who can defend/score inside, and a jump shooter on the wing and you're good to go

Real14
06-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Russell has to be tha man for OKC to win.

JT123
06-18-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm not disagreeing, but if you had Conley instead of Westbrook, you would have to change some of the other pieces, like replacing Thabo with somebody who can shoot. You'd also have some more cap space to afford shooters if they weren't paying Westbrook, and had a cheaper true PG instead.

But Durant goes off when Westbrook isn't in... although it didn't really translate in the playoffs last year w/ the Rockets. That's the one thing I'm not sure about... if Durant's regular season dominance will translate in the playoffs.

Get rid of Perkins/Westbrook/Thabo, put in a true PG, a center who can defend/score inside, and a jump shooter on the wing and you're good to go
I still don't think you ever voluntarily get rid of a top 5 player, but to each his own. :cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
06-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I still don't think you ever voluntarily get rid of a top 5 player, but to each his own. :cheers:
Yeah I get that.. and this playoffs makes me second guess that myself. I mean... Westbrook arguably was the best player on the team in the playoffs. It's hard to get rid of that, but I could think of scenarios where you could get rid of Durant and put together a winning team around Westbrook. I doubt either scenario would happen. What would you think of a direct trade Westbrook for CP3? I doubt the Clippers would do it, but would that not work out in OKCs favor?

thefatmiral
06-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Come to New York, Big Kev. We love you.
Carmelo for kevin

imdaman99
06-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Westbrook a cancer? :roll:

Westbrook is the heart and soul of OKC. When the going gets tough, he is the only one that fights back. Durant is far and away the 2nd best player in the league, but for some shitty reason some moments get too big for him. Are you telling me that simply removing Westbrook will force his balls to grow? :oldlol: He had his chance last year when Westbrook went down.

knicksman
06-18-2014, 08:33 PM

Westbrook is the heart and soul of OKC. When the going gets tough, he is the only one that fights back. Durant is far and away the 2nd best player in the league, but for some shitty reason some moments get too big for him. Are you telling me that simply removing Westbrook will force his balls to grow? :oldlol: He had his chance last year when Westbrook went down.

westbrook plays hard so he can chuck as many shots as he wants. If thats not selfish, I dont know what it is. And thats the most annoying type of players. The fake humbles. Thats why ever since westbrook was reinserted in the lineup, OKC started losing which sends a message that they dont want to play with westbrook.

Killbot
06-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Good. KD needs to leave.

JT123
06-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Yeah I get that.. and this playoffs makes me second guess that myself. I mean... Westbrook arguably was the best player on the team in the playoffs. It's hard to get rid of that, but I could think of scenarios where you could get rid of Durant and put together a winning team around Westbrook. I doubt either scenario would happen. What would you think of a direct trade Westbrook for CP3? I doubt the Clippers would do it, but would that not work out in OKCs favor?
I personally think Westbrook is more of a threat than CP3. If you replace Westbrook with CP3 and a few additional offensive weapons then that might work.

navy
06-18-2014, 08:57 PM

1-21 in overtimes. The argument can be made.

imdaman99
06-18-2014, 08:59 PM
1-21 in overtimes. The argument can be made.
What argument? Are you forgetting who got them to those overtimes? If that's an argument, remind me how much Wade and Bosh enjoy playing with bran? Their stats dropped to the point that everyone thinks they are scrubs and role players. Bran is a cancer, I made the argument. Thanks, have a nice day.

imdaman99
06-18-2014, 09:01 PM
westbrook plays hard so he can chuck as many shots as he wants. If thats not selfish, I dont know what it is. And thats the most annoying type of players. The fake humbles. Thats why ever since westbrook was reinserted in the lineup, OKC started losing which sends a message that they dont want to play with westbrook.
Westbrook never claims to be humble, you got that mixed up with Durant. Westbrook has swag :pimp:

What was the message the team sent after Westbrook went down last year in the playoffs? They missed their cancer?

J Shuttlesworth
06-18-2014, 09:02 PM
What argument? Are you forgetting who got them to those overtimes? If that's an argument, remind me how much Wade and Bosh enjoy playing with bran? Their stats dropped to the point that everyone thinks they are scrubs and role players. Bran is a cancer, I made the argument. Thanks, have a nice day.
True. Westbrook almost always made a huge clutch play to get them to overtime. He had a few steals late in the 4th that led to a drive/free throws. They would gone down 3-1 to Memphis if it weren't for one of those steals

knicksman
06-18-2014, 09:04 PM

And westbrook is a poor mans lebron. Thats why lamb, ibaka, jackson became scrubs with westbrook reinserted in the lineup. And san antonio has proven that letting role players get hot wins championships.

knicksman
06-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Westbrook never claims to be humble, you got that mixed up with Durant. Westbrook has swag :pimp:

What was the message the team sent after Westbrook went down last year in the playoffs? They missed their cancer?

im just giving an analogy when it comes to games. And Yeah westbrook has an annoying attitude, the marbury attitude. You know another cancer. And again westbrook plays hard so he has an excuse to chuck shots. Its like someone trying to be good on you coz he has a favor to make. You know the most annoying type of persons.

And it takes more than 7 games to adjust if your pg is down. He runs the offense of course. Its like amare/nash. In fact they havent figured it yet during the start of the season. But once they figure it out, they can beat even miami and san antonio. And once they found out that they can win with westbrook, they dont want him in the lineup. They just dont enjoy having a chucker on the team. Thats why san antonio is successful because they have no chucker.

Natureland
06-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Butler, Fisher, and hopefully Thabo will be gone next year and Brooks will have no choice but to trust guys like Lamb and PJ3 with bigger responsibilities. Just pick up somebody like Meeks, play Adams more, and I have confidence that the team'll be better.

And if Durant wants to win a championship, the most important changes/improvements will have to come from him, not other guys.

Fudge
06-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Can't wait to bump this next June. :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
06-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Is Brooks really coming back next year?

Oh boy.

I thought for sure they'd look to find a more dominant leader that would make Westbrook listen.

Le Shaqtus
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM

It's embarrassing that its now the off season and people are still keeping up with this OKC is stacked bullshit

SillyRabbit
06-18-2014, 10:28 PM
The only reason OKC won't win a championship is Scott Brooks.

Give OKC an average coach and they'd be on the verge of 3-peating.