PDA

View Full Version : Why is Orlando not a destination for FA this summer?

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Surely with no max players currently on the roster they have some space..

Victor + a top pick this year, nice weather...

Why are they not being discussed as possible landing spots for top free agents?

Mr. Jabbar
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
jameerthefear imo

Fudge
06-18-2014, 09:26 PM
jameerthefear imo
:lol

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:27 PM
because their a lottery team with no superstar? seriously do u think before you make threads?

no pun intended
06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
If there's anyone who's going to sign with Orlando for a bigass contract, it's it's Chandler Parsons.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:39 PM
If there's anyone who's going to sign with Orlando for a bigass contract, it's it's Chandler Parsons.
nope.

no pun intended
06-18-2014, 09:42 PM
nope.
Exum
Oladipo
Parsons
Harris
Vucevic

Is pretty nice bro

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Exam
Oladipo
Parsons
Harris
Vucevic

Is pretty nice bro
parsons isn't worth a "bigass" contract

longtime lurker
06-18-2014, 09:45 PM
because their a lottery team with no superstar? seriously do u think before you make threads?

Didn't you claim Orlando will be a playoff team this year?

Johnny Jones
06-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Because Orlando is ghetto as shit and is boring as fck

coin24
06-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Cause theyll be a lottery team for at least the next 5 years:confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Didn't you claim Orlando will be a playoff team this year?
Yep. They will be unless Henni is deadset on tanking again.

longtime lurker
06-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Yep. They will be unless Henni is deadset on tanking again.

Lol then why aren't free agents lining up to sign with this up and coming team?
Oh that's right they'll suck again next year.

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 09:52 PM
It's hilarious Lakers fans even have the audacity to talk

Orlando legitimately has at least 3 players better than the guy taking up all of LA's cap space.

Hey rocketswin2013, it's 2014 and the rockets lost

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Lol then why aren't free agents lining up to sign with this up and coming team?
Oh that's right they'll suck again next year.
because they have no superstar and a ton of young players coming in as well as 2 more (that might even start) next season u dumb f*ck. seriously r u retarded that u can't understand this???

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM
because they have no superstar and a ton of young players coming in as well as 2 more (that might even start) next season u dumb f*ck. seriously r u retarded that u can't understand this???

Why do you keep saying "next season" they'll be good which is why a FA won't sign with them

If a FA signs this off season he'll play for them next season dumbass.

And if you expect Orlando to be a playoff team w/o any big FA pick ups

Then why wouldn't a big FA want to go join this soon to be playoff team and make them that much better

Le Shaqtus
06-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Because Orlando is ghetto as shit and is boring as fck

:rolleyes:

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Why do you keep saying "next season" they'll be good which is why a FA won't sign with them

If a FA signs this off season he'll play for them next season dumbass.

And if you expect Orlando to be a playoff team w/o any big FA pick ups

Then why wouldn't a big FA want to go join this soon to be playoff team and make them that much better
what do u not understand about this? 2 lottery picks are coming in. we are a VERY young team. hell, why the f*ck are you even talking about my team? LA hasn't had any legit grabs at FA either. good players want to go to contending teams. there is a difference between playoffs and contender.

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 10:02 PM
what do u not understand about this? 2 lottery picks are coming in. we are a VERY young team. hell, why the f*ck are you even talking about my team? LA hasn't had any legit grabs at FA either. good players want to go to contending teams. there is a difference between playoffs and contender.

So why isn't a young all star FA trying to get to the magic?

They have 2 lottery picks, a core of young talented players..

Kevin Love has expressed interest in the lakers & Knicks, are they contending teams? NO! So why is that your excuse for FA not wanting to go to the magic?

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:05 PM
So why isn't a young all star FA trying to get to the magic?

They have 2 lottery picks, a core of young talented players..

Kevin Love has expressed interest in the lakers & Knicks, are they contending teams? NO! So why is that your excuse for FA not wanting to go to the magic?
name some young allstar FAs then dipshit. there are none.
also Love clowned the hell out of L.A. He straight up said u guys suck worse than the Wolves. Love to L.A. is typical rumor mill bullshit and u can quote me on this when he doesn't go there.

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 10:08 PM
name some young allstar FAs then dipshit. there are none.
also Love clowned the hell out of L.A. He straight up said u guys suck worse than the Wolves. Love to L.A. is typical rumor mill bullshit and u can quote me on this when he doesn't go there.

There are plenty of all stars potential free agents that could change the team

And Love & Kyrie have expressed interest in LA.

The fact that Orlando has plenty of cap space, a young talented core & 2 lottery picks in a stacked draft YET still can't attract free agents is alarming.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM

The fact that Orlando has plenty of cap space, a young talented core & 2 lottery picks in a stacked draft YET still can't attract free agents is alarming.
name 'em. orlando doesn't have "plenty" of cap space either. kyrie has shown no interest in L.A. Love has said nothing of L.A. except dissing them. LAL are ALWAYS going to have a bunch of rumors about free agency. Hell, they are talking about LBJ right now when there is no way in he he's going there. name these allstar potential freeagents. besides like bledsoe (who's RFA) there aren't any.

outbreak
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Why would the orlando front office want to sign a big name player this season? He would just be playing alongside young inexperienced players and we'd be wasting money? Better to take another year giving our young guys minutes and get another draft pick next season and then make moves. Being too hasty is what leads to a team being stuck with mediocre talent and ending up 5th every year and being a first round knock out.

outbreak
06-18-2014, 10:12 PM

If your believe this your dumber than I thought, they aren't trying to sign anyone yet. Anyone with half a brain can see it isn't worth trying to sign a star player yet.

Black and White
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Surely they could sign some dude looking to get paid???

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
like outbreak is saying? why would they? henny is smart. why would they give a vet an big contract? why?
there isn't a reason why. they aren't the knicks. henny is a smart GM, and knows what he's doing.

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 10:25 PM

Nah apparently they are looking to suck the next few years so they can develope their young players.

Just like when the lakers drafted Kobe, instead of trying to sign a good FA they didn't sign anybody because nobody wants to sign with a team full of young players.

Oh wait.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rameek
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Orlando never lands big FA's. The only one I can remember is Tracy McGrady.

Meticode
06-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Tons of free agents should want to play for Orlando, eventually they'll play for the Lakers.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:27 PM
op just dodging now. got ethered.

Black and White
06-18-2014, 10:35 PM
like outbreak is saying? why would they? henny is smart. why would they give a vet an big contract? why?
there isn't a reason why. they aren't the knicks. henny is a smart GM, and knows what he's doing.

Nah, not a vet, a young-ish guy that couldn't be kept by his current team, IMO tanking for one more year then going for it in the next free agency is the plan, I just don't know if Orlando is the place that can attract a superstar.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Nah, not a vet, a young-ish guy that couldn't be kept by his current team, IMO tanking for one more year then going for it in the next free agency is the plan, I just don't know if Orlando is the place that can attract a superstar.
again, who is this young allstar FA? you guys are talking about someone that staight up doesn't exist. the only interest orlando has shown in any FA is bledsoe. he's restricted, and PHX is better than orlando and has the money so why would he leave?

Black and White
06-18-2014, 10:40 PM
again, who is this young allstar FA? you guys are talking about someone that staight up doesn't exist. the only interest orlando has shown in any FA is bledsoe. he's restricted, and PHX is better than orlando and has the money so why would he leave?

They are talking all-star, I'm not, what about Avery Bradley? (assuming you don't draft Exum)

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
They are talking all-star, I'm not, what about Avery Bradley? (assuming you don't draft Exum)
for what? our guard position right now is dipo/afflalo/jameer/+ like moore at times. when we draft exum/smart that will be one more. what would be the point? dipo and afflalo > bradley >jameer >>>moore
if they are drafting another guard what is the point?

outbreak
06-18-2014, 10:48 PM

Yeah i imagine they would probably put out feelers for someone like bradley. Even parsons isn't too much of stretch but I think he would demand too much money. At this point though I don't see them going after any older established star players but young guys who haven't hit their full potential yet could be targets.

On another topic using L.A and kobe\shaq as an analogy for the orlando magic and the current NBA rule wise and playe wise just proves how blatantly stupid some people are :facepalm , like how do these people function in the real world?

outbreak
06-18-2014, 10:49 PM
for what? our guard position right now is dipo/afflalo/jameer/+ like moore at times. when we draft exum/smart that will be one more. what would be the point? dipo and afflalo > bradley >jameer >>>moore

I imagine IF they were to go after bradley they would trade afflalo and nelson (probably happen anyway) and using the 4th pick on Vonleh. Another guy they could target if they don't want exum/smart and like vonleh is trying to obtain bledsoe.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
I imagine IF they were to go after bradley they would trade afflalo and nelson (probably happen anyway) and using the 4th pick on Vonleh. Another guy they could target if they don't want exum/smart and like vonleh is trying to obtain bledsoe.
true, who do u think we go with at 12?
also did u see this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343192

Black and White
06-18-2014, 10:52 PM

I said assuming they dont draft Exum, I dont see Afflalo in your long term plans at all, so a guard rotation of Dipo/Bradley isn't bad.

Derka
06-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Because most of these guys don't care about the Harry Potter park.

Black and White
06-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah i imagine they would probably put out feelers for someone like bradley. Even parsons isn't too much of stretch but I think he would demand too much money. At this point though I don't see them going after any older established star players but young guys who haven't hit their full potential yet could be targets.

On another topic using L.A and kobe\shaq as an analogy for the orlando magic and the current NBA rule wise and playe wise just proves how blatantly stupid some people are :facepalm , like how do these people function in the real world?

Yea, these days its harder to lure free agents away as you can't pay as much as the current team can, the only marketing plan you have for them is if you have a better situation/coaching staff/location etc.

outbreak
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM
true, who do u think we go with at 12?
also did u see this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343192
saw that, you've been going crazy with the work out posting this year :roll:

I think we have to take Exum though, unless someone else has been incredible behind closed doors to me he fills our need and is likely going to be the best player available.

I'm not sure on the 12th pick yet, there's a few guys I wouldn't mind but if we haven't taken exum I still like the look of ennis for a decent guard. If we take Exum I like lavine or james young. I also think Nurkic is intriguing, haven't seen enough of him but he looks like he has a great frame and some solid post moves to go with it. Could be the next Pekovic.

Clyde
06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Orlando never lands big FA's. The only one I can remember is Tracy McGrady.

Grant hill

atljonesbro
06-18-2014, 11:06 PM
This dude really trashes the Hawks as an option but brings up the Magic? OP is a joke.

BlackVVaves
06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
This thread is :lol

If Victor improves his jump shot the Magic will be okay.

TheMarkMadsen
06-18-2014, 11:08 PM
This dude really trashes the Hawks as an option but brings up the Magic? OP is a joke.

I haven spoken about the hawks for my entire 3 years on ISH wtf are you takin about.

Legends66NBA7
06-18-2014, 11:10 PM
This dude really trashes the Hawks as an option

If he did, he wouldn't be the only one.

Clyde
06-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Are you kids done your pissing contest yet?

Rameek
06-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Grant hill
Grant Hill spent the first what 5 years on the shelf? But in literal terms I guess that was a big FA signing.

Nastradamus
06-18-2014, 11:51 PM
This is the kind of team a guy like Melo needs to look for IMO. Don't latch on to other older stars. Team up with a bunch of guys young enough where they are going to get better every year for the rest of your career. Its your best chance to team up with a lot of talent because they're on their cheap rookie contracts and can be extended over the cap later.

If not Orlando then Atlanta,Cleveland,Detroit,Utah or maybe even Charlotte.

outbreak
06-18-2014, 11:58 PM
This is the kind of team a guy like Melo needs to look for IMO. Don't latch on to other older stars. Team up with a bunch of guys young enough where they are going to get better every year for the rest of your career. Its your best chance to team up with a lot of talent because they're on their cheap rookie contracts and can be extended over the cap later.

If not Orlando then Atlanta,Cleveland,Detroit,Utah or maybe even Charlotte.

Melo is the best example of the kind of "star" that Orlando need to avoid. The team is rebuilding and needs to stick with the rebuild other wise they will end up mediocre.

MC Gusto
06-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Does Orlando even have cap space? It seems like they're still paying half of that last Dwight team to not play for them.

miggyme1
06-19-2014, 01:47 AM
i stay about an hour outside of orlando and its nothing here to do besides the theme parks...i see why shaq and dwight left...its literally no night life. actually orlando is the reverse of most cities...everybody is out and about in the day time including weekends...and at night everybody is at home. the only plus is that orlando is in the state of florida so no tax and u can literally jump on i-4 and get to tampa in like 40 minutes and itll get u to miami in a little over 3 hours.

JUDGE WITNESS
06-19-2014, 01:57 AM
why do that when they can sign with the lakers directly