Has the greatest PF(Duncan)
Top 2 SG (Kobe)
Top 2 SF (Lebron)
Greatest Coach (Pop)

:pimp:

Greatest PF and SF probably when its all said and done

2nd and 3rd Greatest SGs

Greatest coach of all time

Except 3 of the 4 players are out of their prime and Pops prob going to be gone also when Timmys gone

Rodmantheman
06-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Greatest PF and SF probably when its all said and done

2nd and 3rd Greatest SGs

Greatest coach of all time

Except 3 of the 4 players are out of their prime and Pops prob going to be gone also when Timmys gone

sucks it will be a sad day when kobe and duncan retire.

Cold soul
06-18-2014, 11:53 PM
This era has been amazing better than 90's personal opinion.

atljonesbro
06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
This era has been amazing better than 90's personal opinion.
I agree. The 90s was incredibly weak

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 01:11 AM
I agree. The 90s was incredibly weak

This. Pretty much.

The 90's had some great stars and big men, but you didn't see super teams like today.

Look at some of those finals teams:

In terms of HOF'ers, aside from the Bulls who were stacked, you had:

The Blazers (Just Clyde)
The Suns (Just Barkley)
Sonics (Just Payton)
Rockets (Hakeem, Clyde came for the second)
Jazz (Malone and Stockton)

Compare that to this era:

Lakers (Kobe, Shaq, Phil)
Spurs (Duncan, Parker, Manu, Pop)
Celtics (Pierce, Allen, KG, Rondo)
Mavs (Dirk, Kidd, sadly Vince will prob make the HOF)
Heat (LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Allen)

That isn't even including teams like OKC(KD, Westbrook), Clips(CP3, Blake), Nets(DWill, Pierce, Johnson, KG), or others that are stacked with multiple future HOF players.

You can't get by with one star anymore like you could in the 90's. Ask Love or Melo how that's going.

Obviously, you had the expansion of the league which didn't help either.

oh the horror
06-19-2014, 01:14 AM
The irony is some of the players mentioned from this "vastly" superior era are from the 90s.

I realize some of you are young but stop.

J Shuttlesworth
06-19-2014, 01:15 AM
The irony is some of the players mentioned from this "vastly" superior era are from the 90s.

Duncan/Kobe/Shaq all hit their prime in the 2000s

Rodmantheman
06-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Lots of Hall of famers this era:applause:

Rodmantheman
06-19-2014, 01:16 AM

kobe and duncan didn't hit there primes till the 2000s

SouBeachTalents
06-19-2014, 01:19 AM
This. Pretty much.

The 90's had some great stars and big men, but you didn't see super teams like today.

The Blazers (Just Clyde)
The Suns (Just Barkley)
Sonics (Just Payton)

That isn't even including teams like OKC(KD, Westbrook), Clips(CP3, Blake), Nets(DWill, Pierce, Johnson, KG), or others that are stacked with multiple future HOF players.

You can't get by with one star anymore like you could in the 90's. Ask Love or Melo how that's going.

To nitpick, a few of those players you listed were nothing more than role players for the teams they were on. Kidd was hardly playing at HOF level in Dallas, same goes for Allen in Miami and pretty much everyone from the Nets

riseagainst
06-19-2014, 01:21 AM
much better than the diluted 90s.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 01:23 AM
To nitpick, a few of those players you listed were nothing more than role players for the teams they were on. Kidd was hardly playing at HOF level in Dallas, same goes for Allen in Miami and pretty much everyone from the Nets

I agree completely.

My point is to compete in the NBA today, you need multiple future HOF'ers. That wasn't the case in the 90's.

DonDadda59
06-19-2014, 01:37 AM
I agree completely.

My point is to compete in the NBA today, you need multiple future HOF'ers. That wasn't the case in the 90's.

The f*ck are you talking about? :coleman:

All the future HOFers on the Spurs were senior citizens this season, with Duncan having been drafted in '97, in '99 he won his first ring with HOFer David Robinson. Name the future HOFers who competed in the past Eastern Conference playoffs who aren't completely shot (Nets).

We just witnessed the worst EC in the History of NBA basketball. And a team made up of old former superstars and former D-Leaguers (including a starter) and guys who were cut by terrible teams just won the ring. This is hands down one of the worst and weakest eras ever.

And :oldlol: at the guy who listed the 3-peat Lakers as being a part of this era.

GimmeThat
06-19-2014, 01:57 AM
technically you crossed era.

but since I have no logical reason to say that Tim Duncan should retire.

I'll give you a Hall Pass.

GimmeThat
06-19-2014, 02:00 AM
I agree completely.

I could try and make a case that Ginobili/Parker equates to Kevin McHale.

but you know.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 03:50 AM
The f*ck are you talking about? :coleman:

All the future HOFers on the Spurs were senior citizens this season, with Duncan having been drafted in '97, in '99 he won his first ring with HOFer David Robinson. Name the future HOFers who competed in the past Eastern Conference playoffs who aren't completely shot (Nets).

We just witnessed the worst EC in the History of NBA basketball. And a team made up of old former superstars and former D-Leaguers (including a starter) and guys who were cut by terrible teams just won the ring. This is hands down one of the worst and weakest eras ever.

And :oldlol: at the guy who listed the 3-peat Lakers as being a part of this era.

The Lakers happened in the 00's. I count everything after the 90's as this era. The era of Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, Dirk, etc.

Even if you consider this era starting in 2005, the point still stands.

I was pretty clear. The majority of the top teams in the NBA have multiple future HOF'ers on them.

That wasn't the case in the 90's. Well aside from the Bulls, who were stacked as hell. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

And lol at this being the weakest era ever. Do you have any idea what a team like OKC or the Clippers would do if you transported them back to the 90's?

sportjames23
06-19-2014, 06:36 AM
You can tell who all the young and dumb posters are here in threads like this.

IllegalD
06-19-2014, 07:12 AM
Umm....

I think you mean the PREVIOUS era, OP. The 2000's. Eras are usually divided by decades.

60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s.

:roll: @ you trying to lump in this shitty 2010's era with the legendary 2000's era. ("I count it all as one")

The 2000s was one of the most underrated eras because it directly proceeded the Jordan Era. You had prime Shaq, prime Kobe, prime Duncan, prime Wade, young up and coming LeBron and the two best post-Jordan franchises trading championships (Lakers/Spurs).

The 2010s era is one of the weakest.

That's why most hardcore basketball fans give more weight to things that Shaq, Duncan, and Kobe accomplished in the 2000s, vs what LeBron has accomplished in the 2010s

Marlo_Stanfield
06-19-2014, 07:17 AM
this is by leap and bounds the GOAt era because the GOAT(LeBron) plays in it and many of his witnesses(Duncan,Kobe,Dirk,Wade,Melo,Pierce,Ginobi li,Howard) as well as many other allstars who would be superstars in the 90s and 80s, are some of the best players ever.
We are not worthy:bowdown:

Blue&Orange
06-19-2014, 07:22 AM
two things retarded op doesn't get it,

Kobe and Duncan don''t belong to "this era".

2014 and "00's" aren't the same era.

two simple facts op are unable to grasp.

LEbrontards reeking of desperation

SexSymbol
06-19-2014, 07:51 AM
10s are the weakest era ever.
00s are the strongest era ever

Rubio2Gasol
06-19-2014, 07:52 AM
In history, the distinguish eras using events.

I think the lockout in 99 and Duncan winning that first championship is actually the start of the 2000's, which goes all.the way up to Mags winning in 2011.

Last three years, following the lockout have been littered with officiating changes and the conference imbalance has reached spectacular level....and I for cleanness, the Heat won back to back chips to start it off.

SHAQisGOAT
06-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Mid 80's:

Jordan - GOAT SG (young but already great, enough to be the best SG in today's league, or something)
Kareem - GOAT C (past 35 but still better than current Duncan, for example)
Bird - GOAT SF (peak)
Magic - GOAT PG (prime)
Riley - top5 all-time coach

:pimp: :pimp:

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Mid 80's:

Jordan - GOAT SG (young but already great, enough to be the best SG in today's league, or something)
Kareem - GOAT C (past 35 but still better than current Duncan, for example)
Bird - GOAT SF (peak)
Magic - GOAT PG (prime)
Riley - top5 all-time coach

:pimp: :pimp:

Mid 2000's

Wade/Bryant: 2 of the 3 best sgs ever in their prime
Duncan: GOAT PF (prime)
Lebron: GOAT SF (Dominating the game at 20/21 years old)
Shaq: Most dominant C ever (Much better in than 35+ KAJ)
Nash/Kidd: First Ballet HOF'ers
Phil - Arguably the GOAT coach

Dresta
06-19-2014, 09:23 AM
this is by leap and bounds the GOAt era because the GOAT(LeBron) plays in it and many of his witnesses(Duncan,Kobe,Dirk,Wade,Melo,Pierce,Ginobi li,Howard) as well as many other allstars who would be superstars in the 90s and 80s, are some of the best players ever.
We are not worthy:bowdown:
:facepalm

Calabis
06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Mid 2000's

Wade/Bryant: 2 of the 3 best sgs ever in their prime
Duncan: GOAT PF (prime)
Lebron: GOAT SF (Dominating the game at 20/21 years old)
Shaq: Most dominant C ever (Much better in than 35+ KAJ)
Nash/Kidd: First Ballet HOF'ers
Phil - Arguably the GOAT coach

Wade top 3 SG? Is this a fact..Im sure West has a better case

Lmao Shaq was drafted in 1992 how the fvck is he a 2000 era player? Because he won chips when all the great 90's centers were gone

Phil Jackson 90's: two three peats

Kidd drafted in 94 , Nash and Kobe in 96 funny how all these dudes u named were influenced by scrubs from the 90's and 80's.

atljonesbro
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM
You can tell who all the young and dumb posters are here in threads like this.
You can tell who the old salty poster are in this thread. Not everyone is gonna worship your childhood heroes like you wish they would.

Jlamb47
06-19-2014, 09:36 AM
mid 2000's

Jason kidd
Vince
Tmac
A.I
Wade
Lebron
Kobe
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Peirce
Allen
Webber
Yao
Shaq
Melo
howard
c paul
These are all names i can throw out that impacted the gam

tontoz
06-19-2014, 09:51 AM
What great players are actually in their prime now? Lebron, KD, Paul....

LMAO @ claiming Shaq is from this era. He was drafted in 1992.

sportjames23
06-19-2014, 10:02 AM
You can tell who the old salty poster are in this thread. Not everyone is gonna worship your childhood heroes like you wish they would.

Exhibit A of a young dumb bitch right here.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 10:05 AM
What great players are actually in their prime now? Lebron, KD, Paul....

LMAO @ claiming Shaq is from this era. He was drafted in 1992.

Westbrook, LBJ, KD, CP3, Love, Griffin, Melo, Curry, Rose (if he ever returns), Harden, Dwight, Parker, LA, and a ton of future great players like Wall, Lillard, AD, PG, Beal, and Irving on the rise.

Add in the ageless Spurs and you have a pretty stacked era.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 10:09 AM

Wade top 3 SG? Is this a fact..Im sure West has a better case

Lmao Shaq was drafted in 1992 how the fvck is he a 2000 era player? Because he won chips when all the great 90's centers were gone

Phil Jackson 90's: two three peats

Kidd drafted in 94 , Nash and Kobe in 96 funny how all these dudes u named were influenced by scrubs from the 90's and 80's.

Wade is better than West.

Phil Jackson won 5 rings in the 00's.

Kidd and Nash hit their peaks in the 00's. Especially Nash.

Shaq was in his prime and won a three peat in the 00's. How the fvck is he not a 00's player? That's like saying Jordan isn't a 90's player because he was drafted in 84. Players can span multiple eras numbnuts.

MavsSuperFan
06-19-2014, 10:13 AM
kobe and duncan are not really from this era.

They are just hanging on from the past

tontoz
06-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Westbrook, LBJ, KD, CP3, Love, Griffin, Melo, Curry, Rose (if he ever returns), Harden, Dwight, Parker, LA, and a ton of future great players like Wall, Lillard, AD, PG, Beal, and Irving on the rise.

Add in the ageless Spurs and you have a pretty stacked era.

You just proved my point. Love and Griffin can't hold a candle to Malone/Barkley. Howard would struggle to make make 3rd team All-NBA in the 90s and no other centers are even worth mentioning.

Wall and Beal are a long way from being great. Both guys are inefficient scorers who jack up an abundance of long 2s. Irving and Harden don't even make a token effort on D.

Parker is clearly on the decline. LMA is another inefficient scorer, jacking up one long 2 after another because he can't get to the rim.

Trying to put a "Dream Team" together of current players would generate nothing but a collective yawn across the globe.

Rubio2Gasol
06-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Issue with Shaq is I'm almost sure he scored more points, had more rebounds and more in every statistical category outside assists in the 90's.

tmacattack33
06-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Has the greatest PF(Duncan)
Top 2 SG (Kobe)
Top 2 SF (Lebron)
Greatest Coach (Pop)

Yeah but Duncan and Kobe are done now. So I guess you're talking about around 2007, but that wasn't even Duncan's peak either. It was 2000-2003.

1996 had:

Three Top 7 Centers: Hakeem, David Robinson, and Shaq
Top 2 PF: Malone
Top 5 SF: Pippen
Top 1 SG: Jordan
Top 5 PG Peak: Penny

Carter_17
06-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Has an all time TOP 5 Big (Duncan)
Top 1 SG (Kobe)
Top 1 SF (Lebron)
Greatest Coach (Pop)

fixed for you

deja vu
06-19-2014, 10:46 AM
This. Pretty much.

The Blazers (Just Clyde)
The Suns (Just Barkley)
Sonics (Just Payton)

Bolded are guys who played in the 90s.

:coleman:

90s HOFers

Jordan
Bird
Magic
Hakeem
Ewing
Shaq
Robinson
Barkley
Drexler
Malone
Pippen
Rodman
Stockton
Miller
Sabonis
Motumbo
Wilkins
Mullin
Payton

davehos
06-19-2014, 11:00 AM
This entire thread is just full of stupid.

- This is not a weak era
- The 90s were not a weak era

It is what it is. It was what it was.

The game is different now just like it was different in the 90s just like it was different in the 80s.

The NBA has changed the rules on defending the lane and hand checks - you can't even really compare stats one to one anymore.

Kobe [00s] <> Jordan [90s] <> Drexler [80s] <> Gervin [70s] <> West [60s]

They could all ball.

deja vu
06-19-2014, 11:03 AM

- This is not a weak era

The game is different now just like it was different in the 90s just like it was different in the 80s.

The NBA has changed the rules on defending the lane and hand checks - you can't even really compare stats one to one anymore.

They could all ball.
This.

Kareem who entered in the 70s still owned the 80s.

Jordan who entered in the 80s owned the 90s and still averaged 20+ ppg in the 2000s.

Duncan who entered in the 90s owned the 2000s and is still one of the best big men in the 2010s.

Calabis
06-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Wade is better than West.

Phil Jackson won 5 rings in the 00's.

Kidd and Nash hit their peaks in the 00's. Especially Nash.

Shaq was in his prime and won a three peat in the 00's. How the fvck is he not a 00's player? That's like saying Jordan isn't a 90's player because he was drafted in 84. Players can span multiple eras numbnuts.

According to who...seen plenty of people/sites that have West 3...but because u say so Wade is better lmao.

So if thats the case, how was the 90's weak then jackass? U mfers keep moving the goal posts

Half the people you named are from the 90's era. Half the people u named are from my generation and influenced by the same mfers as I was.

Calabis
06-19-2014, 12:49 PM
:wtf:

- This is not a weak era

They could all ball.

:applause:

Exactly but this generation discounts West because he was white, and they also think the game has evolved 1000 years in the last 20 years :roll:

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 01:41 PM
no one realizes this era actually plays defense.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
GOAT era.
everyone from the current top 25 would be top 10 in nearly every other era:coleman:

Marlo_Stanfield
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
:lol :lol :applause:

tontoz
06-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Yeah this era has guys who can protect the paint way better than DRob, Hakeem, Deke, Zo and Ewing.

Roundball_Rock
06-19-2014, 01:57 PM
This era is the first truly global era. The Spurs are a mostly foreign team today; in 1994 and 1984 they were 100% American. The talent pool is much deeper due to globalization of the sport.

davehos
06-19-2014, 02:08 PM
This era has the 3 pt line. Earlier eras did not.

http://www.ripcitybadboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/mind-blown-2.gif

tontoz
06-19-2014, 02:13 PM
This era has the 3 pt line. Earlier eras did not.

The 3 point line has been in place over 30 years.

davehos
06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
The 3 point line has been in place over 30 years.

You mean Larry Bird was the OG?

tontoz
06-19-2014, 02:20 PM
You mean Larry Bird was the OG?

What the F is that supposed to mean?

davehos
06-19-2014, 02:22 PM
What does the 3 point line have to do with the position Bird played?

The point I was trying to make is that folks keep comparing eras when the rules change. You can't really compare 70s to 90s or even 90s to today.

Enjoy the game for what it is today. Remember it for what it was.

These "Prime Jordan vs. Prime Kobe" and "era 1 vs era 2" threads are kind of lame.

oarabbus
06-19-2014, 02:25 PM

:biggums: It's the exact opposite. This era has the most complex defensive schemes seen in the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53534/where-have-all-the-gunners-gone

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-delicate-balance-of-an-nba-defense/

tontoz
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
The point I was trying to make is that folks keep comparing eras when the rules change. You can't really compare 70s to 90s or even 90s to today.

Enjoy the game for what it is today. Remember it for what it was.

These "Prime Jordan vs. Prime Kobe" and "era 1 vs era 2" threads are kind of lame.

It is pretty easy to see this is a strong era for pgs and a horrible era for centers. It has nothing to do with the rules. It is just common sense.

tontoz
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
:biggums: It's the exact opposite. This era has the most complex defensive schemes seen in the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53534/where-have-all-the-gunners-gone

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-delicate-balance-of-an-nba-defense/

I think you may want to read his post again.

davehos
06-19-2014, 02:31 PM
It has nothing to do with the rules. It is just common sense.

Now I have to disagree with you. Hand checking and the 3 second lane violation rule clarifications (2004) are huge. Those things enable the very thing you mention: more effective play at the guard position.

tontoz
06-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Now I have to disagree with you. Hand checking and the 3 second lane violation rule clarifications (2004) are huge. Those things enable the very thing you mention: more effective play at the guard position.

That's true but this would be a strong era for pgs regardless of the rules. And it would be a weak era for centers regardless of the rules.

Young X
06-19-2014, 03:02 PM
The elite players of today are weak af compared to previous eras. Compare the top 10 players from now to then. What a joke. :oldlol:

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 03:15 PM

According to who...seen plenty of people/sites that have West 3...but because u say so Wade is better lmao.

So if thats the case, how was the 90's weak then jackass? U mfers keep moving the goal posts

Half the people you named are from the 90's era. Half the people u named are from my generation and influenced by the same mfers as I was.

Look if you think Jerry West was better than Wade at his peak, that is your opinion. I strongly disagree with it, but it's your opinion.

I know you are trying to protect "your era" and all, but it doesn't mean you are right.

Who did I name from the 90's era?

My point stands, name me teams that made the finals in the 90's with multiple HOF'ers on it.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 03:19 PM
You just proved my point. Love and Griffin can't hold a candle to Malone/Barkley. Howard would struggle to make make 3rd team All-NBA in the 90s and no other centers are even worth mentioning.

Wall and Beal are a long way from being great. Both guys are inefficient scorers who jack up an abundance of long 2s. Irving and Harden don't even make a token effort on D.

Parker is clearly on the decline. LMA is another inefficient scorer, jacking up one long 2 after another because he can't get to the rim.

Trying to put a "Dream Team" together of current players would generate nothing but a collective yawn across the globe.

CP3/Westbrook
KD
LBJ
Griffin
Howard

Looks like a pretty formidable team to me. :confusedshrug:

tontoz
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
CP3/Westbrook
KD
LBJ
Griffin
Howard

The problem is that the Dream Team had more than 6 players. And KD is not a 2.

davehos
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
CP3/Westbrook
KD
LBJ
Griffin
Howard

A team of ISOs, low basketball IQs, and chuckers. You can't have too many alphas on a team - it just won't work.

Edit:

Adding my two cents for what it's worth ...

CP3 -1
Curry - 2
LBJ - 3
Leonard - 4
Noah - 5

atljonesbro
06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
This thread is another case of morons comparing a decade to a single year. Comparing the entire 90s to 14 lmao

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2014, 04:01 PM
This thread is another case of morons comparing a decade to a single year. Comparing the entire 90s to 14 lmao

Mostly Heat fans , who consider the last 4 years an entire Era. :roll:

atljonesbro
06-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Mostly Heat fans , who consider the last 4 years an entire Era. :roll:
I wasn't speaking in favor of the 90s. I was talking about the morons who compare all their 90s heroes to only the players of today

Calabis
06-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Look if you think Jerry West was better than Wade at his peak, that is your opinion. I strongly disagree with it, but it's your opinion.

I know you are trying to protect "your era" and all, but it doesn't mean you are right.

Who did I name from the 90's era?

My point stands, name me teams that made the finals in the 90's with multiple HOF'ers on it.

I'll respect your opinion with Wade....we will move on from that

Reference 90's multiple HOF's: every year there was a HOF tandem that made it to the finals: 94 one on each squad

91: Magic/Worthy and Jordan/Pippen
92: Pippen/Jordan
93: Pippen/Jordan
94-95: Hakeem/Drexler
96-98: Jordan/Pippen/Rodman
97-98: Stockton/Malone
99: Robinson/Duncan

Possibly soon: 93 Suns: Barkley/K. Johnson(finalist this year before last cut, will get in soon)

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 05:50 PM
why do people always find ways to try to discredit this era? Lebron would be the best in this era and the best in MJ's era too. Thats a fact. He plays against giants guarding the paint and big dudes who trash him and don't get fouls. In jordans era, everyone was basically a scrub. Wow amazing that someone could dunk WOW.

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 09:39 PM
I'll respect your opinion with Wade....we will move on from that

Reference 90's multiple HOF's: every year there was a HOF tandem that made it to the finals: 94 one on each squad

91: Magic/Worthy and Jordan/Pippen
92: Pippen/Jordan
93: Pippen/Jordan
94-95: Hakeem/Drexler
96-98: Jordan/Pippen/Rodman
97-98: Stockton/Malone
99: Robinson/Duncan

Possibly soon: 93 Suns: Barkley/K. Johnson(finalist this year before last cut, will get in soon)

That was my point. The Bulls were the superteam in the 90's.

If you remove the Bulls, you realize that 92,93,94, and 96 had teams led by one HOF'er coming out of the West. Technically, the 91 Lakers weren't much of a superteam either in the finals. KAJ had retired and Worthy got injured midway through the series if I remember correctly.

Either way, I'm don't want to discredit the players of the 90's. The superstars of the 90's were among the greatest in history. I'm just claiming that it appears more teams have multiple HOF'ers in the current era.

Lord Bean
06-19-2014, 09:54 PM
CP3/Westbrook/Curry
Harden/PG/Derozan
Lebron/Durant/Melo
Griffin/Love/Aldridge
Howard/Noah/Cousins

The PG and SF positions are historically dominant right now. The PF spot isn't where it was in the early 2000s, but it's pretty damn good. The C position is weak, but for a dream team assembled from the era, there's enough, considering that the modern style of play doesn't call for traditional elite offensive big men of the past. The floor spacing and 3-point shooting improvements are enough to compensate. That leaves the 2-guard position as another area of potential weakness. There's a great 2 guard in the starting lineup and a great 2-way player backing up him up, but after that it gets a bit weak. But there's enough talent everywhere else to compensate, and having 2 quality guys is good enough considering 3rd strings won't play that often.

Stop getting caught up in nostalgia. This current era has as much firepower as any other era in NBA history. What it lacks in one position, it compensates in another. And let's not forget that the team assembled above was only from this year. If we factor in the past 8 years to a decade when comparing it to other eras/decades of the past to give us a more fair comparison, it becomes even more clear that basketball is as good as it's ever been.

CP3/Nash/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade/Harden
Lebron/Durant/Melo
Dirk/KG/Blake
Duncan/Dwight/Noah

dc_chilling
06-20-2014, 12:14 AM
CP3/Westbrook/Curry
Harden/PG/Derozan
Lebron/Durant/Melo
Griffin/Love/Aldridge
Howard/Noah/Cousins

The PG and SF positions are historically dominant right now. The PF spot isn't where it was in the early 2000s, but it's pretty damn good. The C position is weak, but for a dream team assembled from the era, there's enough, considering that the modern style of play doesn't call for traditional elite offensive big men of the past. The floor spacing and 3-point shooting improvements are enough to compensate. That leaves the 2-guard position as another area of potential weakness. There's a great 2 guard in the starting lineup and a great 2-way player backing up him up, but after that it gets a bit weak. But there's enough talent everywhere else to compensate, and having 2 quality guys is good enough considering 3rd strings won't play that often.

Stop getting caught up in nostalgia. This current era has as much firepower as any other era in NBA history. What it lacks in one position, it compensates in another. And let's not forget that the team assembled above was only from this year. If we factor in the past 8 years to a decade when comparing it to other eras/decades of the past to give us a more fair comparison, it becomes even more clear that basketball is as good as it's ever been.

CP3/Nash/Westbrook
Kobe/Wade/Harden
Lebron/Durant/Melo
Dirk/KG/Blake
Duncan/Dwight/Noah

:applause:

veilside23
06-20-2014, 12:25 AM
really funny this era is great? just look at all the big men now nothing wrong with cousins, drummond but the best big man is only compared to alonzo mourning ..

yes kids... i cant blame you most of the posters here is not even older than rondo...

veilside23
06-20-2014, 12:27 AM
why do people always find ways to try to discredit this era? Lebron would be the best in this era and the best in MJ's era too. Thats a fact. He plays against giants guarding the paint and big dudes who trash him and don't get fouls. In jordans era, everyone was basically a scrub. Wow amazing that someone could dunk WOW.

fact is lebron lost 3 rings in this era with alonzo mourning like center as the best center... fact is you are not even older 20years old :applause:

Kvnzhangyay
06-20-2014, 12:55 AM
The 80's was the best era, then rn. 90's probably worst

Never watched 70's so not judging on that

I like to call 90's by iso90s or no-d 90s