PDA

View Full Version : Another different team...Lebron will be considered a journeyman....

9erempiree
06-19-2014, 02:41 AM
He will belong to the group of great journeymen....

Jason Kidd
Shaq
Lebron

2 is the limit if you are a good to great player. First team is first team. 2nd team means something happened a force trade or free agency. 3rd team would be journeyman status.

Fudge
06-19-2014, 02:55 AM
:oldlol: :applause:

Prime 9er is back

Rose'sACL
06-19-2014, 02:58 AM
I always hoped Kobe or Jordan would have the balls to go to a small market team with a bad front office and an average coach but they never had it in them even after 3peating.
We would have actually seen what they could do in those situations.

Lord Bean
06-19-2014, 03:05 AM
I have Jason Kidd ranked in my top 50, and Shaq in my top 10. 50 + 10 = 60, 60/3 (Kidd, Shaq, Lebron) = 20. Lebron is top 20, which puts up around the Malone, KG, Dirk, Wade category of players. That puts him in the GOAT tier for journeymen. Drifting from team to team, host to host, and still cracking the top 20 is just absurd.

9erempiree
06-19-2014, 03:07 AM
I always hoped Kobe or Jordan would have the balls to go to a small market team with a bad front office and an average coach but they never had it in them even after 3peating.
We would have actually seen what they could do in those situations.

As much as many people want to see the greatest players of all time like Kobe and MJ go to another team and take them to a ring, it wasn't going to happen. These two are the most loyal guys in the league and you want to be so good that you win on one team.

It is taking ownership of a team. It is their team, their rings and their time.

fpliii
06-19-2014, 03:08 AM
:oldlol: :applause:

Prime 9er is back
:pimp:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

J Shuttlesworth
06-19-2014, 03:10 AM
As much as many people want to see the greatest players of all time like Kobe and MJ go to another team and take them to a ring, it wasn't going to happen. These two are the most loyal guys in the league and you want to be so good that you win on one team.

It is taking ownership of a team. It is their team, their rings and their time.
Why did Kobe demand to be traded when he got drafted to the Hornets? And then demand to be traded again on the Lakers?

9erempiree
06-19-2014, 03:10 AM
I have Jason Kidd ranked in my top 50, and Shaq in my top 10. 50 + 10 = 60, 60/3 (Kidd, Shaq, Lebron) = 20. Lebron is top 20, which puts up around the Malone, KG, Dirk, Wade category of players. That puts him in the GOAT tier for journeymen. Drifting from team to team, host to host, and still cracking the top 20 is just absurd.

Something is not right when a player supposedly in his prime is jumping from team to team, in search of a championship. Those are reserved for efficient role players.

I don't understand a possible Decision 2.o

9erempiree
06-19-2014, 03:13 AM
Why did Kobe demand to be traded when he got drafted to the Hornets? And then demand to be traded again on the Lakers?

Lakers essentially drafted Kobe. West went to scout him and made a deal with the Hornets in the summer. Draft Kobe and we have a deal.

Till this day everyone feels the Lakers drafted him.

Also, Kobe was bluffing. He has a nice life outside of basketball. Lives in Los Angeles and friends with many celebrities. It would be a mistake.

He knew the Lakers were not going to call his bluff. Lakers were never going to trade him anyways. We all know how business savvy Kobe is.

Bobby13
I miss Kobe's legendary 09/10 title runs. He kickstarted what appeared to be one of the great eras in modern basketball. I've never seen Jordan do half as much against elite 50-win teams like the ones Kobe dismantled with ease. But then we had LeBronze, the Leastern Conference, and Carried/Asterisk rings like those won by LeBronze and Tim Duncan.

If only we had superstars with half the guts and championship pedigree that Kobe possesses. We'll never see someone carry his team to 5/7 championships as the 1a/1b option ever again. All we have on the horizon is more 2/5s, endless free agency collusion specials, and carried rings like those won by Duncan and LeBronze.

The NBA is doomed...

J Shuttlesworth
Lakers essentially drafted Kobe. West went to scout him and made a deal with the Hornets in the summer. Draft Kobe and we have a deal.

Also, Kobe was bluffing. He has a nice life outside of basketball. Lives in Los Angeles and friends with many celebrities. It would be a mistake.

He knew the Lakers were not going to call his bluff. Lakers were never going to trade him anyways. We all know how business savvy Kobe is.
The denial is strong with this one

russwest0
06-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Agreed.

miggyme1
06-19-2014, 03:19 AM
lol not really..if he leaves miami itll be his third team in 12 seasons...thats not bad at all...shaq didnt become a journeyman till really after he left miami..and lets be honest he was way past his prime then..same for a few other greats like jason kidd.

zoom17
06-19-2014, 03:21 AM
Would loved to see how long kobe would have lasted if he was drafted by the Cavs.

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 03:23 AM

They did call his bluff, but he vetoed it, remember? He turned down the trade because he didn't think he could win without Luol Deng.

9erempiree
06-19-2014, 11:23 AM
bump for the morning crew.

gts
06-19-2014, 11:25 AM
mods?

russwest0
06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
mods?

Why? Everything he's saying is correct.

AlphaWolf24
06-19-2014, 11:48 AM

Piggy backing off of your post.....

the Hornets really wanted Divac...and remember it was 1996....

17 year old highschool kids were not coming to the NBA and playing alot of minutes/getting the keys handed to them.

- Lebron can thank much of his career to Kobe/KG/TMAC who allowed younger kids to join the NBA with no college experience and become superstars.

- after Kobe's workout in LA where he destroyed Michael Cooper prompting Cooper to say - " He has the best moves of any player I ever played against"

Jerry west knew Kobe was going to be something special.....and would do anything to get his hands on him.

r15mohd
06-19-2014, 12:21 PM
He will belong to the group of great journeymen....

Jason Kidd
Shaq
Lebron

2 is the limit if you are a good to great player. First team is first team. 2nd team means something happened a force trade or free agency. 3rd team would be journeyman status.

still posting about Lebron when you claimed you wouldn't a few days ago :rolleyes: :facepalm

9erempiree
06-24-2014, 08:02 PM
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/lebron-james-sports-first-superstar-journeyman?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Fork
06-24-2014, 08:04 PM
He hasn't even left yet