PDA

View Full Version : The Kobe Double Standards Thread

SpecialQue
06-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Here's where we discuss double standards that apply only when Kobe is a factor.

For instance, Kobe winning three rings with Shaq as finals MVP is a knock against him, but Duncan winning two rings with Parker and Leonard as finals MVP bump him further up the GOAT list.

People use Kobe's one MVP as a knock against him, but Shaq's single MVP doesn't matter.

Feel free to add more.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 12:47 PM

For instance, Kobe winning three rings with Shaq as finals MVP is a knock against him, but Duncan winning two rings with Parker and Leonard as finals MVP bump him further up the GOAT list.

People use Kobe's one MVP as a knock against him, but Shaq's single MVP doesn't matter.

Feel free to add more.

Kobe is higher on the GOAT list for his rings from 00 through 02...

Do you actually think Kobe doesn't get a legacy boost for having those 3 rings?

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 12:50 PM

im pretty sure he meant in ISH,
normal guy outta there usually have kobe around top 5 counting his 3 rings as a whole (without the old dude from 60s)

Droid101
06-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Not according to LeBron fans or other miscellaneous Kobe haters.

Anyway, to add to the thread:

Kobe's 2008 Finals loss destroys his legacy! He couldn't carry his team to victory! Whereas 2014 LeBron's Finals loss wasn't his fault! He didn't have enough help! He did everything right! Just making the Finals again boosts his legacy!

navy

This.

People prop up Kobe Bryant with 5 ringz with no regard that he was on a team with a player that was better than him. :oldlol:

In any case EVERY player deals with double standards and dumb narratives, not just Kobe.

-Lebron23-
I force a girl to have sex with me, I go to jail, wife divorces me, people hate me everywhere.

Kobe forces a girl to have sex with him, nothing happens to him, wife stays with him, some people hate him but no one really for this reason.

I hope it helps. :cheers:

SpecialQue

I'm talking specifically on ISH, due to the insane arguments that people keep making. For instance, let's say Kobe wins another championship and plays well, but a teammate plays better and gets FMVP. Kobe would get destroyed here for it, but when it's Tim Duncan, he's now higher than Kobe on the all-time list because he has the same number of rings.

SpecialQue
06-19-2014, 12:53 PM
I force a girl to have sex with me, I go to jail, wife divorces me, people hate me everywhere.

Kobe forces a girl to have sex with him, nothing happens to him, wife stays with him, some people hate him but no one really for this reason.

I hope it helps. :cheers:

I can understand why you have such strong feelings about rape, considering what happened to your man in the finals this year.

Akrazotile

Feel free to add more.

Shaq, Duncan, Bran > Kobe

VIntageNOvel
I'm talking specifically on ISH, due to the insane arguments that people keep making. For instance, let's say Kobe wins another championship and plays well, but a teammate plays better and gets FMVP. Kobe would get destroyed here for it, but when it's Tim Duncan, he's now higher than Kobe on the all-time list because he has the same number of rings.

i can see it :lol

lets say lakers won last year, and howard win FMVP
it would be shit storm, sidekick, carried bla bla bla 2/6

but when duncan did it, GOAT

-Lebron23-
06-19-2014, 12:55 PM
I can understand why you have such strong feelings about rape, considering what happened to your man in the finals this year.
:lol :applause:

SpecialQue
06-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Shaq, Duncan, Bran > Kobe

Holy shit, is that you Silk? Here, I have a present for you:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MQmXy-g7bHQ/U55YJiPhrAI/AAAAAAAAHmE/SxmlR-Ep7rk/s1600/leb.gif

Fallen Angel
06-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Duncan > Kobe
Shaq > Kobe

6-24. Deal with it.

Heavincent
"Kobe can't win without a good front court"

I've noticed that people who say this never bring up the fact that Shaq never won without a historically great SG. They also never seem to mention that Kobe won more without Shaq than Shaq did without Kobe.

Akrazotile
I would say the biggest double standard is how Kobe is considered an all time great by his stans bc of "five rings" but these same people dont have horry over him.

All advanced data shows that Kobe is not even a top 25 player by IMPACT in the nba but his stans are all like "pssshhh, five rings! oh, scottie pippen has six? Fisher has 5?? Oh, well, uhh, thats like different man"

DMAVS41

No he wouldn't.

If Kobe plays as well as Duncan has these last two years and wins a title...he will get a legacy boost.

People here, even though there are many trolls, just put shit into context.

Clearly Duncan's ring this year is not as valuable as his 03 ring. Just like Kobe winning in 00 just doesn't move the meter a lot. Just the truth.

In any forum or in the public or media...Kobe having 5 rings helps his legacy a ton.

NuggetsFan
06-19-2014, 01:08 PM

Nobody should put as much value into Duncan winning a championship this year as they did with Kobe winning in '09 or Duncan winning himself in '07. However if you can't see the difference between Duncan losing the FMVP to Parker and Kobe losing it to Shaq than I don't know what to say. That should be pretty simple.

DonDadda59
06-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Here's one considering LeHairline has been getting shit on recently because of his record vs 50 win teams. Bean on the other hand is praised for 'beating' many more squads with that distinction, but people overlook the fact that some of his series look like this:

'98 Sonics (61 wins): 3.7 PPG
'00 Suns (53 wins): 21/4/3 (45% FG) [Shaq 30/16/3/3 56% FG]
'00 Blazers (59 wins): 20/5/6 (44% FG) [Shaq 26/12/4/2 54% FG]
'00 Pacers (56 wins): 15.6/ 4.6/ 4.2 (36.7% FG) [Shaq 38/17/2/3 61% FG *Finals MVP]

But he still gets credit for Shaq's work because he was 1B there ^

:oldlol:

navy
06-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Here's one considering LeHairline has been getting shit on recently because of his record vs 50 win teams. Bean on the other hand is praised for 'beating' many more squads with that distinction, but people overlook the fact that some of his series look like this:

'00 Pacers (56 wins): 15.6/ 4.6/ 4.2 (36.7% FG) [Shaq 38/17/2/3 61% FG *Finals MVP]

Truly a sidekick ring. :oldlol:

Droid101
06-19-2014, 01:21 PM

...not one person ever said he was a 1b in their 2000 run. Only in your delusional little world.

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 01:24 PM
...not one person ever said he was a 1b in their 2000 run. Only in your delusional little world.

So they win a title without him as even 1b but we're supposed to believe he was an irreplaceable co-first option for the next two titles, and the moment Shaq leaves he doesnt even make the PLAYOFFS???

Honestly, just stop. Accept that Bean is the most overrated player in NBA history. Just learn to live with it bro. Youll save yourself a lot of grief.

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 01:27 PM
So they win a title without him as even 1b but we're supposed to believe he was an irreplaceable co-first option for the next two titles, and the moment Shaq leaves he doesnt even make the PLAYOFFS???

Honestly, just stop. Accept that Bean is the most overrated player in NBA history. Just learn to live with it bro. Youll save yourself a lot of grief.

wade won a title without bran,
bran hasnt win any without wade
so we're supposed to believe he can win without wade?

navy
06-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Except they do when you challenge them on 5 ringz or 5/7. :oldlol:

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 01:30 PM
The kobe double standard?? are you kidding lmao.

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Except they do when you challenge them on 5 ringz or 5/7. :oldlol:

he did win 5 rings though, so its not wrong saying its 5/7 :confusedshrug: since when if youre not winning FMVP it mean a lost

what now, pippen has 0?

tpols
06-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Kobe career resume is probably top 10 all time without even counting those first three rings..

He'd still be 3rd or so all time in points, have a ton of all NBA teams all star games. He still led two back to back rings and a three peat which is all guys like Hakeem have ever done.. Sh!t kg and dirk have cases for top 15 with ONE ring a piece.

Kobe 01 and 02 rings should hold more worth than Duncan's last two though.

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Bran never missed the playoffs in his prime, never lost in the first round in his prime. This happened to Kobe three straight years in his prime.

Bran made a finals with Daniel Gibson as his teams second most valuable player. Kobe has never passed the first round without Shaq or Gasol on his team.

:confusedshrug:

navy
06-19-2014, 01:35 PM
he did win 5 rings though, so its not wrong saying its 5/7 :confusedshrug: since when if youre not winning FMVP it mean a lost

what now, pippen has 0?
I never said it was a loss. ALL rings count. Just not equally when comparing individuals. Dont come and brag to me about a player winning a ring putting up 15.6 a game on 36.7% shooting. :oldlol:

tpols
06-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Bran never missed the playoffs in his prime, never lost in the first round in his prime. This happened to Kobe three straight years in his prime.

Bran made a finals with Daniel Gibson as his teams second most valuable player. Kobe has never passed the first round without Shaq or Gasol on his team.

:confusedshrug:

That's cuz Bran played in the eastern conference:lol

The moment he got out of it after dominating the east in 07 he got spanked by a spurs team that he would have routinely seen in the first or second round had the cavs been out west.

Quickening
06-19-2014, 01:37 PM
How is it a double standard? Kobe fans can't make a rational argument with any context when trying to state kobe is top of all time, so they just say "bu but 5 rings doe!" That's when people question how great he was to win them, and of course being the obvious second best player on his team for 3 of them will impact his rankings.

T_L_P
06-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Kobe career resume is probably top 10 all time without even counting those first three rings..

He'd still be 3rd or so all time in points, have a ton of all NBA teams all star games. He still led two back to back rings and a three peat which is all guys like Hakeem have ever done.. Sh!t kg and dirk have cases for top 15 with ONE ring a piece.

Kobe vs. Duncan (02/07)

Kobe: 27/6/5/1/0
Duncan: 22/12/3/1/3

Advanced stats (Kobe-Duncan)

PER: 20.5 - 27.4 (higher than any of Kobe's title runs, funnily enough)
TS%: .511 - .556
WS: 2.6 - 3.3
WS/48: .148 - .214
ORtg: 108 - 111
DRtg: 103 - 98

Duncan was clearly better, more valuable (whatever you want to call it) in 07 than Bryant was in 02. And this is with Kobe playing on the 6th fastest team in the league. Duncan played on the fourth slowest and still has better raw stats, as well as much better advanced stats.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Kobe was better in 01, but Duncan was great in 07 and was the best player on his team. Kobe was a bit over-rated in 02 in my opinion.

If you were going by who was the best player at the time of each ring...I'd go;

03 Duncan
05 Duncan
01 Kobe
99 Duncan
09 Kobe
07 Duncan
10 Kobe
02 Kobe
14 Duncan
00 Kobe

Droid101
06-19-2014, 01:41 PM
That's cuz Bran played in the eastern conference:lol

The moment he got out of it after dominating the east in 07 he got spanked by a spurs team that he would have routinely seen in the first or second round had the cavs been out west.
KOBE WAS INJURED THE YEAR THEY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.

How many times do we have to repeat this? He missed 20+ games, and this was in addition to:

They traded Shaq for pennies (crap unmotivated Odom, 90 year old Brian Grant), Karl Malone retired, Ho Grant retired, traded Gary Payton for Chris ****ing Mihm, signed Vlade (who would have been great for them) who subsequently got injured for the whole year, etc.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
KOBE WAS INJURED THE YEAR THEY MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.

How many times do we have to repeat this? He missed 20+ games, and this was in addition to:

They traded Shaq for pennies (crap unmotivated Odom, 90 year old Brian Grant), Karl Malone retired, Ho Grant retired, traded Gary Payton for Chris ****ing Mihm, signed Vlade (who would have been great for them) who subsequently got injured for the whole year, etc.

Funny....I'd imagine a team of Dirk/Odom/Butler missing the playoffs would get a lot of hate from Kobe fans.

I agree it shouldn't be held against Kobe, but trying imagining the fallout for Dirk or Lebron missing the playoffs with that in the heart of their primes...

Stop acting like Kobe fans would be forgiving...

Honestly, that 05 Lakers roster looks a lot like some of my Mavs rosters from 08 through 10.

JtotheIzzo
06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Kobe ranks somewhere between 7-11 all time. Anyone who says anything else is on his dlck or a hater.

Wilt, Kareem, Russell (holy center trinity)

MJ, Bird, Magic (holy perimeter trinity)

those are the top 6.

Kobe, LeBron, Duncan (holy current trinity)

Oscar, Moses, Shaq (bottom end of the all time greats)

I put Kobe 8th due to longevity. Had LeBron won this year, I might have swapped him into Bird's spot, but this playoffs really showed LBJ was not yet a true winner. He is a winner but not a holy trinity winner, Kobe is more of a holy trinity winner, but I think LBJ is at a higher level in skill, impact and dominance than Kobe ever was.

Skill
Impact
Dominance
Winning
Longevity

Those are my five criteria.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Kobe vs. Duncan (02/07)

Kobe: 27/6/5/1/0
Duncan: 22/12/3/1/3

Advanced stats (Kobe-Duncan)

PER: 20.5 - 27.4 (higher than any of Kobe's title runs, funnily enough)
TS%: .511 - .556
WS: 2.6 - 3.3
WS/48: .148 - .214
ORtg: 108 - 111
DRtg: 103 - 98

Duncan was clearly better, more valuable (whatever you want to call it) in 07 than Bryant was in 02. And this is with Kobe playing on the 6th fastest team in the league. Duncan played on the fourth slowest and still has better raw stats, as well as much better advanced stats.

I'd say it's a bit closer than those numbers indicated because the Spurs in 07 had one of the easiest paths to the title ever...while the 02 Lakers had to be an absolute great 02 Kings team.

I still take Duncan, but I think the competition level needs to be acknowledged.

Droid101
06-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Funny....I'd imagine a team of Dirk/Odom/Butler missing the playoffs would get a lot of hate from Kobe fans.

I agree it shouldn't be held against Kobe, but trying imagining the fallout for Dirk or Lebron missing the playoffs with that in the heart of their primes...

Honestly, that 05 Lakers roster looks a lot like some of my Mavs rosters from 08 through 10.
If you're trying to say a green-ass Caron Butler was any good... I don't know what to tell you. He only became good once he arrived at the Wizards.

And no, nobody would disparage Dirk for missing the playoffs with a bunch of terrible players and missing a bunch of games due to injury. Butler played 77 games. Odom played 60 something.

Seriously, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. CHUCKY ATKINS led that team in minutes. Let that sink in.

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 01:52 PM
If you're trying to say a green-ass Caron Butler was any good... I don't know what to tell you. He only became good once he arrived at the Wizards.

And no, nobody would disparage Dirk for missing the playoffs with a bunch of terrible players and missing a bunch of games due to injury.

Seriously, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. CHUCKY ATKINS led that team in minutes. Let that sink in.

Butler, Odom, and rookie Wade won a playoff series the year before the Shaq trade. Why couldn't Kobe win a playoff series three straight years in his prime?

Droid101
06-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh ****ing hell I just looked up the rosters for the 2008-2010 Mavs. You are completely delusional if you think the 2005 Lakers had anything even close to those. You have gone off the deep end.

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Kobe playing with a Top 3 Center All-time Shaq is a determent to his first three rings, but Magic playing with Top two Player all-time in Jabbar means he's the arguable GOAT.

navy
06-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Kobe playing with a Top 3 Center All-time Shaq is a determent to his first three rings, but Magic playing with Top two Player all-time in Jabbar means he's the arguable GOAT.
Except it clearly takes away from both of them.

Which is why Jordan 6/6 wins every time.

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM

pippen is clearly underrated though,
he just didnt have enough chance to prove it,
this is one of the reason why playing with top player in their prime should be considered unfortunate

but you could argue that MJ molded him, and he wouldnt be the same player without MJ

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM

Yet they're both in everyone's Top 5 :roll: :roll:

It doesn't take away from either of them, or at least you claim that now , but would never dare apply it, unless one of them falls out the Top 5?

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 02:07 PM

And no, nobody would disparage Dirk for missing the playoffs with a bunch of terrible players and missing a bunch of games due to injury. Butler played 77 games. Odom played 60 something.

3rd year Butler was pretty good actually...and so was Odom. In fact those guys had success in Miami the year before.

As for Dirk...meh...the 08 Mavs are marginally better. We only had kidd for like 30 games, Stackhouse was hurt, Damp was probably worse than Mihm...etc.

I don't care about Kobe missing the playoffs in 05...I just know if other players did you Kobe stans would be all over them.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Oh ****ing hell I just looked up the rosters for the 2008-2010 Mavs. You are completely delusional if you think the 2005 Lakers had anything even close to those. You have gone off the deep end.

Kidd (29 games)
Josh Howard
Terry
Stackhouse
Damp
Diop
Eddie Jones
Bass
Harris (traded)

vs

Odom
Butler
Atkins
Mihm
George
Grant
Cook
Jones

Meh...Dallas was marginally better. Why the Atkins hate? He played every game and put up 14/3/4 . Let me guess....Harris was just way better with his 14/2/5

Dallas certainly isn't 17 wins better...

DonDadda59
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
pippen is clearly underrated though,
he just didnt have enough chance to prove it,
this is one of the reason why playing with top player in their prime should be considered unfortunate

but you could argue that MJ molded him, and he wouldnt be the same player without MJ

He had plenty of chances though. He had a great '94 season until he went to pout on the bench in a critical final moment in a playoff game (thank Jesus Shuttlesworth for Kukoc). Then the following season the Bulls were a .500 caliber team after Grant left and before the GOAT came back to right the ship.

Then after he was carried to ring number 6 after having missed half the season in '98, he went to play with Hakeem and Olajuwon. That didn't really work out. Then he went on to an ultra stacked Portland team which accomplished one of the biggest chokes in Sports History.

Great player. But one who clearly was best when he was a second option to a guy who knew how to get it done.

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
3rd year Butler was pretty good actually...and so was Odom. In fact those guys had success in Miami the year before.

As for Dirk...meh...the 08 Mavs are marginally better. We only had kidd for like 30 games, Stackhouse was hurt, Damp was probably worse than Mihm...etc.

I don't care about Kobe missing the playoffs in 05...I just know if other players did you Kobe stans would be all over them.

i thought you as mavs fans know better before saying this

of course 2011 odom was a beast, in fact he had success in lakers the year before :rolleyes:

AlphaWolf24
06-19-2014, 02:15 PM
The only people that say " Kobe played with Shaq".....are just blind haters, who didn't even watch the lakers play in the early 2000's.

Kobe and Shaq.....who was the 3rd option?

After Kobe who else was a primary ball handler and could run the Triangle?...

Magic had Kareem and Worthy...Bird had McHale and Parish....Lebron had Wade and Bosh....MJ had Pippen , Rodman for 3 titles ( the greatest defender/rebounder of his generation)....Duncan had Parker,Gino and now Leonard...

Kobe had Shaq and Derek Fisher....:confusedshrug: Kobe could have easily been the MVP in 2001 and 2002...

looking at context he is no different then the other past greats.

next

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Kobe was better in 01, but Duncan was great in 07 and was the best player on his team. Kobe was a bit over-rated in 02 in my opinion.

If you were going by who was the best player at the time of each ring...I'd go;

03 Duncan
05 Duncan
01 Kobe
99 Duncan
09 Kobe
07 Duncan
10 Kobe
02 Kobe
14 Duncan
00 Kobe

Anyone have a different order?

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 02:23 PM
i thought you as mavs fans know better before saying this

of course 2011 odom was a beast, in fact he had success in lakers the year before :rolleyes:

Did Caron Butler openly quit?

did he average 7/4/2 42% TS and have a 9.2 PER????

Are you really comparing the two?

Butler in 05 played well...he played 77 games and put up 16/6/4 53% TS...

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Did Caron Butler openly quit?

did he average 7/4/2 42% TS and have a 9.2 PER????

Are you really comparing the two?

Butler in 05 played well...he played 77 games and put up 16/6/4 53% TS...

i was talking about odom,

i thought mavs fan already learn that this guy is a joke, such a bitch, so your comment about how he had better season in miami is invalid, this guy can transform from gold to turd in one night

riseagainst
06-19-2014, 02:34 PM
2006 playoffs game 7 is a primary example.

He kept his teammates involved and people say he "gave up" on his team because he didn't take enough shots in the 2nd half.
Had he taken 20+ shots and the Lakers lost, people would have just said he chucked them to a loss.

Stringer Bell
06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Poor Kobe.

He's celebrated as one of the greatest players ever, the 2nd greatest SG ever, gets all kinds of accolades, was voted in numerous polls as Player of the Decade....but some people on the internet use double standards.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:13 PM
i was talking about odom,

i thought mavs fan already learn that this guy is a joke, such a bitch, so your comment about how he had better season in miami is invalid, this guy can transform from gold to turd in one night

but he wasn't turd.

he was a versatile 15/10/4 player in 05.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Who gives a shit about FMVP when you're not the best player on the team, QUE?

Here, this is what matters:
Duncan - Led 4 title teams
Kobe - Led 2 title teams

Now stop spinning and talking around the facts, you fuggin kobe blowhard.

And no, you don't USE an MVP against Kobe... the fact is, he only has one. Nothing to use against. Same for Shaq, and we damn well know he was robbed in 2001. Kobe doesn't have a good case in any other year besides 2008.
The team record totally ruins it for him both in 2006 & 2007, you just dont win it as 7th seed... MJ averaged 35 ppg before, didnt win MVP... where is his MVP galore? Nobody cares, as nobody shouldnt. SAME FOR KOBE.

Context, use it, stan.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I would say the biggest double standard is how Kobe is considered an all time great by his stans bc of "five rings" but these same people dont have horry over him.

All advanced data shows that Kobe is not even a top 25 player by IMPACT in the nba but his stans are all like "pssshhh, five rings! oh, scottie pippen has six? Fisher has 5?? Oh, well, uhh, thats like different man"

Gotta be the biggest one.... Ever noticed how all Kobe fans prop up are the 5 rings, clutch shots, killer instinct, and scoring?

Well then how the **** is Havlicek not >> Kobe all time?

8 rings, plenty clutch shots (closer for his team), averaged near 30 ppg on title teams and LED 3 title teams. (10th on all time playoff scoring list)

Go explain that, kids.

Keno
06-19-2014, 04:13 PM

lmaoooooooooooooooooo, 2 rings, 1 mvp and longevity awards = top 10? holy shit, kobe stans are really ****ing delusional.

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
lmaoooooooooooooooooo, 2 rings, 1 mvp and longevity awards = top 10? holy shit, kobe stans are really ****ing delusional.

This is basically Hakeem's accolades and you Bums get all bent outta shape if he isn't in someone's Top 10.

Welcome to the double standards thread. :cheers:

Btw Kobe has 5 bro, learn to count.

NumberSix
06-19-2014, 04:19 PM

Feel free to add more.
It has NEVER been used as a knock against him. Winning a championship as the 2nd best player on the team is a very good accomplishment. The problem is that Kobe's fans try to put that accomplishment on a EQUAL level as leading a team to a championship, which it isn't.

sportjames23
06-19-2014, 04:19 PM

Ouch. :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
06-19-2014, 04:21 PM
It has NEVER been used as a knock against him. Winning a championship as the 2nd best player on the team is a very good accomplishment. The problem is that Kobe's fans try to put that accomplishment on a EQUAL level as leading a team to a championship, which it isn't.

Don't try to back peddle now...:coleman:

You be the main one preaching this type of shit.

NumberSix
06-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but Wade has never won without Haslem.

NumberSix
06-19-2014, 04:31 PM

This.

Kobe Stans been running wild at the fact that LeBron ONLY made a 4th straight finals and his team lost while being the best player in the series.

If anyone has earned a lack of sensitivity towards them it's Kobe Stans.

JUDGE WITNESS
06-19-2014, 04:33 PM
mj averaged more fga than kobe but kobe is a chucker :lol

97 bulls
06-19-2014, 04:36 PM
He had plenty of chances though. He had a great '94 season until he went to pout on the bench in a critical final moment in a playoff game (thank Jesus Shuttlesworth for Kukoc). Then the following season the Bulls were a .500 caliber team after Grant left and before the GOAT came back to right the ship.

Then after he was carried to ring number 6 after having missed half the season in '98, he went to play with Hakeem and Olajuwon. That didn't really work out. Then he went on to an ultra stacked Portland team which accomplished one of the biggest chokes in Sports History.

Great player. But one who clearly was best when he was a second option to a guy who knew how to get it done.
This is the type of post that a Kobe or Bron fan will eat up. Why didn't Jordan win early in his career? Hes had plenty of chances as well. And if age and injuries dont matter, why didn't he win with the Wizards?

Another question, in your opinion, who is better between Barkley and Pippen?

AlphaWolf24
06-19-2014, 04:41 PM

only in 2000...

2001 he was the best player 90% of the playoff's and the best allaround player during the regular season.

same in 2002...

added...

2000 he was more important to LA success then Duncan in 2014...

so we don't discount TD's Rings as a 3rd option in 2014...why Kobe's