PDA

View Full Version : GSW willing to give up Klay Thompson in order to get Kevin Love

SHABBA
06-19-2014, 02:48 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/479691537886871552

ESPN sources say Golden State has indeed made Klay Thompson available to Wolves, greatly increasingly Warriors' hopes of getting Kevin Love

:coleman:

Rameek
06-19-2014, 02:50 PM
This would be a great move for GSW

Levity
06-19-2014, 02:52 PM
i think that was a pretty obvious move. lulz at the people saying banes+lee would be enough

anyhow, what does this mean for kevin martin? could he somehow be included in the deal? (would gsw even want him?)

Rocketswin2013
06-19-2014, 02:53 PM
And rumor is, they could get Martin in return. Terrible on D and not too rounded on offense, but good at the #2 playing off of all those good passers.

Bogut
Love
Iggy
Martin
Curry

IncarceratedBob
06-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Feel bad for Klay if this happens. Nothing fun about being traded to Minnesota, one of the shittiest places on earth.

SHABBA
06-19-2014, 02:55 PM
i think that was a pretty obvious move. lulz at the people saying banes+lee would be enough

anyhow, what does this mean for kevin martin? could he somehow be included in the deal? (would gsw even want him?)
Rumoured deal is Klay, Lee and a 1st for Love and Martin.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 02:57 PM

Absolutley.

He's a good player....under-rated here and on a good contract and fills the void at sg.

So I'm assuming it's Lee and Klay and a first for Love/Martin

Both teams get better in my opinion.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
And rumor is, they could get Martin in return. Terrible on D and not too rounded on offense, but good at the #2 playing off of all those good passers.

Bogut
Love
Iggy
Martin
Curry
:biggums:

Dat spacing:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GSW 'bout to HAM

beastee
06-19-2014, 03:00 PM
GSW and OKC and Clippers and Spurs. Just cancel the east and make those four the finals. Hot damn.

Rocketswin2013
06-19-2014, 03:01 PM

GSW 'bout to HAM
Their defense would take a hit, but yeah that would be kind of absurd..

SHABBA
06-19-2014, 03:02 PM
While GSW will miss Thompson's D and Martin is a non-entity in that sense, the latter may actually fit better with Curry as he can move well without the ball and isn't a ball-stopper at all which Klay could be at times. Klay's probably a better shooter but you'd expect Martin to hit 40%+ if he's playing with Curry and Love.

navy
06-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Absolutley.

He's a good player....under-rated here and on a good contract and fills the void at sg.

So I'm assuming it's Lee and Klay and a first for Love/Martin

Both teams get better in my opinion.
The wolves dont get better. They will be a lottery team. Again.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Reported rumored deal...by Broussard...so take it for what it's worth is;

Love/Martin/Barea 13th pick for Lee/Klay

Wow...

That has to be Broussard making a mistake...right?

iTare
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
minny :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:08 PM
The wolves dont get better. They will be a lottery team. Again.

I disagree. I actually think the Wolves are a team well suited to not have a star.

I wouldn't do the deal that Broussard is currently reporting, but I'd do some semblance of the deal.

R.I.P.

Wow...

Yeah. No way Minnesota sends a pick with it.

Love/Martin/Barea for Klay/Lee/Barnes I could see.

Inferno

Yeah, worried a little about defense if this happens...however...

Curry / FA / Nedavic
Iggy / Martin / Crawford
Green / Iggy / Barnes
Love / Green / Sleights
Bogut / Ezeli

:applause:

Levity
06-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Wow...

id certainly think so. why give up a pick? and if that was the only way for the trade to go through, id rather go with bostons package.

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 03:10 PM

Warriors will salary dump Iggy, Speights, and Barnes then sign Bran.

navy
06-19-2014, 03:10 PM

Wow...

The wolves arent giving up the pick. Everything else looks fine. Broussard has no real sources though.

Inferno
06-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Warriors will salary dump Iggy, Speights, and Barnes then sign Bran.

So you can bandwagon and become a Warriors fan?

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, worried a little about defense if this happens...however...

Curry / FA / Nedavic
Iggy / Martin / Crawford
Green / Iggy / Barnes
Love / Green / Sleights
Bogut / Ezeli

:applause:

Curry
Martin
Bran
Love
Bogut :applause:

Jlamb47
06-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Curry
Martin
Iggy
Love
Bogut

I think there defense will be really bad

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 03:15 PM

I'm from the bay son.

navy
06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
I disagree. I actually think the Wolves are a team well suited to not have a star.

I wouldn't do the deal that Broussard is currently reporting, but I'd do some semblance of the deal.
LOL no. Kevin Love was straight beasting no matter how you slice it. Didnt play defense but you arent solving those problems with Lee.

Straight to the lottery they go. But they were already there. :oldlol:

Klay is a valuable piece in the long run, but he will dip out of Minny the second he gets a chance. Lee? Solid player. Not enough. Certainly not Kevin Love.

Bigsmoke
06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
They do not need him lol.

What is wrong with Lee again?

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Curry
Martin
Iggy
Love
Bogut

I think there defense will be really bad

Why?

Love is actually a better defender than Lee...and a far better rebounder (helps on defense as well)

Martin definitely hurts them compared to Klay, but it's not enough to just transform the defense from really good to terrible.

It will depend on how Kerr wants them to play.

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
:lol Salary dumping Iggy's contract. Long as hell with some pretty nice cap hits. Same with Barnes and Speights(length). Would be pretty tough. But not impossible.

Trade Klay, Speights, Lee, and 1st round pick for Love and Martin. (speights has to be included for slaries to match).

Salary Dump Iggy and Barnes to the Suns. Suns were close to the playoffs last year so Iggy and Barnes would put them over the top.

Levity
06-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Salary Dump Iggy and Barnes to the Suns. Suns were close to the playoffs last year so Iggy and Barnes would put them over the top.

wtf? why would GSW even consider doing that?

edit: nevermind, saw your post earlier about going after lebron

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
LOL no. Kevin Love was straight beasting no matter how you slice it. Didnt play defense but you arent solving those problems with Lee.

Straight to the lottery they go. But they were already there. :oldlol:

Klay is a valuable piece in the long run, but he will dip out of Minny the second he gets a chance. Lee? Solid player. Not enough. Certainly not Kevin Love.

They were already in the lottery dude!

For this Wolves team...I'd rather it be a team not built around a star. I think Lee fits in better and Thompson might flourish next to some of these guys there.

It's not a bad roster and they are stuck trying to compete because of their deals anyway. You make it sound like they don't have their backs against the wall. Love is for sure leaving!

The reported deal also saves the Wolves a lot of cap space. As I'm assuming the Warriors would using their trade exceptions to make the deal work. So it's basically like Lee/Klay/9 million of cap space

Meh...I like the wolves better;

Rubio
Klay/Brewer
Buddinger/Cunningham
Lee/Luc
Pek/Dieng

And cap space...

Cone
06-19-2014, 03:23 PM
warriors.. prepare for the lottery

trading for kevin freaking love :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
06-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Getting Klay would be amazing.[QUOTE]On possible #Twolves trade with Kevin Love/Klay Thompson, Mychal Thompson:

navy
06-19-2014, 03:27 PM
They were already in the lottery dude!

For this Wolves team...I'd rather it be a team not built around a star. I think Lee fits in better and Thompson might flourish next to some of these guys there.

It's not a bad roster and they are stuck trying to compete because of their deals anyway.

The reported deal also saves the Wolves a lot of cap space. As I'm assuming the Warriors would using their trade exceptions to make the deal work. So it's basically like Lee/Klay/9 million of cap space

Meh...I like the wolves better;

Rubio
Klay/Brewer
Buddinger/Cunningham
Lee/Luc
Pek/Dieng

And cap space...
Cap Space for what? Free agents? :oldlol:

They have to get rid of Love so it doesnt matter. But man that team is gonna be bad next year. Hopefully they get real bad for a good lottery pick.

DMAVS41
06-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Cap Space for what? Free agents? :oldlol:

They have to get rid of Love so it doesnt matter. But man that team is gonna be bad next year. Hopefully they get real bad for a good lottery pick.

there will be some free agent out there.

they already were in the lottery with an unhappy star who seems to have been a poor leader.

they got barea in 12...they can go out and get a similar player after money. and no, that is not a terrible team.

Rubio
Klay/Brewer
Buddinger/Cunningham
Lee/Luc
Pek/Dieng

And another piece with the cap space...that is just not a terrible team if healthy.

I'm not saying they are a lock for the playoffs or anything, but I like that team better than with Love actually. Put that team in the East and they are a top 4 team.

davehos
06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
First round exist against the Spurs, Clippers, OKC.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Wow...

Nope, just Broussard being Broussad

AboutBuckets
06-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Wow...

If Minnesota really does that.. :biggums:

Bobcats2013
06-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Can they just hand us the title already? Bran is coming too.

TheCorporation
06-19-2014, 03:38 PM
BREAKING! What is next?

CHI willing to give up Boozer in order to land K Love

lol

LAL willing to give up Nash in order to land K Love

HOU willing to give up Lin in order to land K Love

Dubs510
06-19-2014, 03:40 PM
i want k.love but not for thompson :cry:

davehos
06-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Nope, just Broussard being Broussad

http://i.imgur.com/IK0pB.png

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 03:45 PM

GSW 'bout to HAM

Well, spacing is nice but you have to have someone who can consistently finish in the paint in order to maximize it. Not saying Curry or Iggy can't do that in spurts but certainly not the way guys like Parker, Bran, Rose, Duncan, Randolph etc. can.

I mean if you don't have someone who can draw a double inside your spaced out shooters are going to have covers draped on them.

Inferno
06-19-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm from the bay son.

Ah, thought you were Bran stan. My bad breh

wally_world
06-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Wow didnt think Wolves can get whiter by trading KLove lol

Warriors will look magnificent on paper once again, only to get bounced in the 2nd round for years to come.

FireMcFailPlease
06-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Feel bad for Klay if this happens. Nothing fun about being traded to Minnesota, one of the shittiest places on earth.
Because its cold 4 months of the year? But then again outside of weather, Minneapolis probably shits on anything about Houston.

Derka
06-19-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't believe Broussard for a second with Minny giving up a freaking lottery pick and I don't see how David Lee and Klay Thompson are enough to put you in the playoffs in the West. At all.

All Net
06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Love curry is awesome

FireMcFailPlease
06-19-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't believe Broussard for a second with Minny giving up a freaking lottery pick and I don't see how David Lee and Klay Thompson are enough to put you in the playoffs in the West. At all.
Who cares. We're not winning the title next year anyways. Gotta get young and rebuild while the Spurs, Mavs, Memphis? get older. Wolves have to prepare for OKC, Portland & Houston

fatboy11
06-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't like it for Golden State. I honestly do not think Love is truly so much better than Lee that they should trade Lee and Thompson for Love. Bad move, IMO. I feel like Lee isn't the greatest defender but tries a lot harder than Love on that end of the floor. He is getting into his 30s, though, so that's something to consider.

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Ah, thought you were Bran stan. My bad breh

I'm actually a Bran hater and a former Kobe stan(I still defend him though because of how disrespected he is by haters). I am willing to tolerate Bran if he helps the warriors win a few titles. Curry and Love are the ideal teammates for Bran ball.

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 04:35 PM
i want k.love but not for thompson :cry:

What if Bran agrees to come only if the warriors get love?

Bobcats2013
06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't like it for Golden State. I honestly do not think Love is truly so much better than Lee that they should trade Lee and Thompson for Love. Bad move, IMO. I feel like Lee isn't the greatest defender but tries a lot harder than Love on that end of the floor. He is getting into his 30s, though, so that's something to consider.

Just remember that Kevin Love can shoot threes and he will get open with Curry as his PG.

fatboy11
06-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Just remember that Kevin Love can shoot threes and he will get open with Curry as his PG.

No one is forgetting that Kevin Love can shoot the 3. But I'm having trouble remembering too many really solid defensive efforts on his part. I suppose if he can score enough points to more than make up for the points he's going to give up....

At any rate, Lee and Klay (and maybe Barnes, too) still seems pretty steep. Feel like Thompson is being greatly undervalued here. Plays both ends. I'm not sure how much better it makes GS.

Ca$H
06-19-2014, 05:00 PM
No one is forgetting that Kevin Love can shoot the 3. But I'm having trouble remembering too many really solid defensive efforts on his part. I suppose if he can score enough points to more than make up for the points he's going to give up....

At any rate, Lee and Klay (and maybe Barnes, too) still seems pretty steep. Feel like Thompson is being greatly undervalued here. Plays both ends. I'm not sure how much better it makes GS.

Warriors lose: lee, thompson,iggy, barnes, and speights.
Gain: Love, Martin, and Bran.

Jyap9675
06-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Not Thompson....

Cali Syndicate
06-19-2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think love is all that much better than lee. Lee is better in the post and paint. Better passer too. Love is a better shooter and on the boards, but Warriors are loaded with shooters and rebounding isn't one of their holes anymore. And Lee can shoot the ball from 10-15 with that pick and pop so again love doesn't add anymore umph than they already have at that position. Martin is a huge downgrade at the two guard. Barea is a nice pickup tho as a backup pg.

Defensively, warriors get worse.

I don't know, I don't like this trade.

Duderonomy
06-19-2014, 05:39 PM
It's scenically Beautiful. http://www.minnesotalakes.net/minnesota_lakes.jpg still black people hate cold weather.

TheCorporation
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Am+I+the+only+one+that+hasn+t+even+seen+the+_dab23 7756fc4e5fd60656f5ab6b310c1.jpg

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO KNOWS WHAT BANDWAGON FAN MEANS?

Definition for you: Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.

bdreason
06-19-2014, 10:49 PM

Bogut
Love
Iggy
Martin
Curry

Martin's injury prone ass would be playing 6th man.

Curry
Iggy
Barnes
Love
Bogut

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-19-2014, 11:11 PM
They do not need him lol.

What is wrong with Lee again?
He isn't a godly defender and can't hit 3's all day?

Though giving up KLove for Klay doesn't "fix" either of those... :facepalm @ GSW

I don't necessarily think GSW gets better w/ this trade. But I can appreciate the ambition they have on landing an already established star. Though they could just nurture Klay into a star, but I guess that takes time and effort. And who the **** wants to do that these days? Besides Pat Riley.

Because its cold 4 months of the year? But then again outside of weather, Minneapolis probably shits on anything about Houston.
Minny's got Atmosphere and Rhymesayers HQ. And apparently a buncha hot easy liberal chicks(?). I'd be down to live there if i were a pro athlete.

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO KNOWS WHAT BANDWAGON FAN MEANS?

Definition for you: Anyone who claims they are a "fan" of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don't own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.
...isn't that what he implied?

stalkerforlife
06-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Feel bad for Klay.

Great move for the Warriors, though.

jimmy77x
04-15-2015, 05:37 PM
The responses in this thread :facepalm This would have been a historically bad move :roll: :roll:

SyRyanYang
04-15-2015, 06:18 PM
The responses in this thread :facepalm This would have been a historically bad move :roll: :roll:

I preferred to keep Klay but don't act like Love wouldn't shine playing alongside Curry.

Done_And_Done
04-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Hindsight homie

Milbuck
04-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Warriors made the right move but this wasn't some dumb possibility, Love is still a beast when healthy if he has the right parts around him. Bogut is pretty much the perfect player to pair him with...elite defender, great passing big, allows Love to focus purely on what he does well defensively..rebounding. Then you have the other versatile defenders on that team like Iggy, Green, Barnes, Livingston, etc to further hide that weakness. And Love would be a monster in that GS offense, feeding off Steph..

dubeta
04-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Can't believe people were hyping Love up like he was an impact player :oldlol:

I tried to warn y'all

TheMarkMadsen
04-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Warriors with Curry/Love would be better suited for the playoffs than Curry/Klay

A team built around Curry/Love with Draymond & Bogut would be perfect. GSW will have to defy all odds this post season if they plan to win the title by relying on jump shots