PDA

View Full Version : How would this Heat lineup do?

Black and White
06-19-2014, 07:25 PM
PG Lowry/Cole
SG Wade/Ray
SF Ariza/Beasley
PF Bosh/UD
C Gortat/Anderson

Assuming LeBron opts out, and Riley convinces Wade and Bosh to take a very small paycut, they then use the LeBron money (plus money saved from Wade and Bosh) on Lowry, Ariza and Gortat, resign the vets, how good would this team do??

305Baller
06-19-2014, 07:27 PM
2nd Round Exit

navy
06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
PG Lowry/Cole
SG Wade/Ray
SF Ariza/Beasley
PF Bosh/UD
C Gortat/Anderson

Assuming LeBron opts out, and Riley convinces Wade and Bosh to take a very small paycut, they then use the LeBron money (plus money saved from Wade and Bosh) on Lowry, Ariza and Gortat, resign the vets, how good would this team do??
ECF is a safe bet. Depends on Wade and Bosh's play though. Then they'd lose in the finals if they made it that far.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-19-2014, 07:30 PM
If that feasible even if they do take paycuts? Lowry is going to get like 10 mil alone.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Why are you even asking?

JimmyMcAdocious
06-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Depending on Wade and where LeBron and Melo goes, they could be back in the Finals. Who is beating that? Not the Pacers. No one else in the East as competition. Wizards lose Gortat. Raptors lose Lowry.

305Baller
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Depending on Wade and where LeBron and Melo goes, they could be back in the Finals. Who is beating that? Not the Pacers. No one else in the East as competition. Wizards lose Gortat. Raptors lose Lowry.

You have a point.

Black and White
06-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Why are you even asking?

I'm saying that its not as bad as people are thinking if LeBron leaves (depends where he goes), but the money can be used to muster up a competitive lineup without him, the key will be to convince Wade and Bosh to take a little less.

Jameerthefear
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
and Indy likely loses Lance

305Baller
06-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Not sure you can win a title with this lineup. Win the East maybe but title? Nope.

Droid101
06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Sweep by Charlotte Hornets.

navy
I'm saying that its not as bad as people are thinking if LeBron leaves (depends where he goes), but the money can be used to muster up a competitive lineup without him, the key will be to convince Wade and Bosh to take a little less.
Lowry, Ariza, Gortat are going to ask for huge bank.

Black and White
and Indy likely loses Lance

Where do you see Lance going? I feel that the Pacers will try very hard to keep him.

Black and White
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Lowry, Ariza, Gortat are going to ask for huge bank.

Depends, what if he offers a poison pill type contract to them all?

Jameerthefear
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Where do you see Lance going? I feel that the Pacers will try very hard to keep him.
idk. i don't think indy wants to pay big for him though.

Black and White
06-19-2014, 07:43 PM
idk. i don't think indy wants to pay big for him though.

Neither, I think after this season he will command somewhere between 12-14 mil from a few teams.

navy
06-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Depends, what if he offers a poison pill type contract to them all?
Im not sure what you mean by that.

jzek
06-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Consistently make the playoffs and lose either in the first or second round.

NumberSix
06-19-2014, 07:49 PM
PG Lowry/Cole
SG Wade/Ray
SF Ariza/Beasley
PF Bosh/UD
C Gortat/Anderson

Best case scenario, all the big 3 opt out. That would truly be the best sign. It would mean they have all decided to take a paycut to bring in more quality players.

Black and White
06-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Im not sure what you mean by that.

Staggered contract like Jeremy Lins, small in the first year, then increases a lot over the next few, basically giving the player the same amount over the course of the contract, but its split differently to make it work in the first year.

navy
06-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Best case scenario, all the big 3 opt out. That would truly be the best sign. It would mean they have all decided to take a paycut to bring in more quality players.
I think Lebron opts in. No paycut and room to leave in two years. :confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:00 PM
i'm not sure they make the playoffs. Seriously, i'm thinking of a few dleague teams i would take over them. Lowry and gortat could improve that squad tho. I would say confidently; a 7th to 10th seed.

JT123
06-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Well you have to consider the fact that Wade is going to sit out for at least half the season, meaning that Allen is gonna be asked to do way too much again. I say that might win one round if they are lucky.

NumberSix
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I think Lebron opts in. No paycut and room to leave in two years. :confusedshrug:
Even if he opted in, he can still opt out next season.

Jameerthefear
06-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Well you have to consider the fact that Wade is going to sit out for at least half the season, meaning that Allen is gonna be asked to do way too much again. I say that might win one round if they are lucky.
Allen retired.

navy
06-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Even if he opted in, he can still opt out next season.
Even better. :oldlol:

ReturnofJPR
06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
PG Lowry/Cole
SG Wade/Ray
SF Ariza/Beasley
PF Bosh/UD
C Gortat/Anderson

They would be lucky to get to the playoffs. wade is done & bosh is a Woman.

ReturnofJPR
06-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Anyway cHEAT get Rondo?