PDA

View Full Version : Blood Yes's Ultimate Guide: Best Players in the NBA Year-by-Year since 1999

blood yes
06-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello! My name is Blood Yes, and unlike many people on this forum, I am an unbiased fan of the game. I, unlike many others, extensively research the game, being a major fan of the game. In this guide, I will be giving my UNBIASED, HIGHLY THOUGHT OUT, and Un-Prisoner of the Moment Opinion on who the best player in the NBA was every year after the retirement of Michael Jordan.

I am starting with the year after Jordan, because I actually never got to see Jordan play when he was with the Bulls, as I was too young at the time. However, I am well-knowledged and unbiased in the years after Jordan. I do not let annoying stans and the media cloud my opinion, so without further ado, let us begin!!

PS: Note that when I mean best player of that year, I dont mean just regular season or just playoffs, but both, so the best player for the WHOLE YEAR.

1999: Alonzo Mourning
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2012/04/07/e1/a6/zo99_1005556a.jpg
Now, before you go all crazy on me, I dont think people today realize just how incredible Alonzo Mourning was in his prime. The fact that they lost to the 8th seed Knicks, plus the fact that Mourning was terrible in his later years, not to mention that Mourning has 1 "role player" ring, makes him incredibly underrated.

On the defensive end, Mourning was dominant in 99, averaging FOUR blocks a game. He was 2nd place in MVP voting to Malone, who only won because the Jazz had a better record. Mourning was no doubt better than Shaq and Duncan, as Duncan/Shaq at the time were both young.

Shaq in 99 was not the defensive player or the excellent passer he became when Phil entered the scene a year later, and Duncan was still young and not yet at the peak of his powers. Malone was no longer a dominant offensive player, and his defensive skills were half of what Mourning was.

I see people trying to compare DWIGHT HOWARD to Mourning on this forum, and it makes me cry. Either people are really young here, or they are comparing 2006 mourning to d12. Mourning is TWO TIERS ABOVE Howard. In fact, I'd say Mourning today would be averaging 26/13/5. he was THAT dominant. On the defensive end, he was just as good as Duncan/Ben Wallace. Mourning was a force to be reckoned with in 99, and if the Knicks didnt hit that game winner, the Heat would have gone to the finals that year, and who knows what Mourning could have done to the twin towers in Texas.

Alonzo Mourning, whether you like it or not, belongs in the tier of shaq and duncan, and is a top 30, yes i said it, top THIRTY player of all time. Anyone who tries to compare him to Dwight, or even Ewing, is out of their mind. Mourning was on a truly elite level on the defensive end, and people only underrate him because of their hate for the heat, or because of his lack of a long peak.

Mourning was truly dominant, and is arguably the best defensive player ever post-Jordan's retirement with the Bulls. This includes Ben Wallace, Ron Artest, and Dikembe Mutombo.

2000: Shaq
http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SHAQ-2000.jpg
This is a no-brainer. The Lakers had far and away the best record in the league that year, and Shaq was the main reason. Shaq, with the addition of Phil Jackson, improved his passing skills dramatically (though im sure the improvement of Kobe's jumper helped), and his defense became dominant. Nobody was stopping Shaq that year, NOBODY. Shaq was far and away the best player, and there was no competition really. Alonzo Mourning, best player in 99, was the 2nd best player in 2000, winning 3rd in mvp voting only because KG (who was 2nd) had a better offensive game, which the media overrates.

2001: Shaq
Once again, shaq was the best player in the league, though this time, it was much closer. Shaq wins it not because of his regular season performance, which was worse than 2000, but because of his INCREDIBLE PLAYOFF RUN.

(By the way, Mourning, after two dominant seasons, would sadly have surgery over the offseason, officially making it impossible for fans to remember and properly acknowledge him in the years to come. Mourning would never be the same)

If going by regular season alone, Duncan, Iverson, Webber and Bryant (in that order) could consider themselves somewhat close to Shaq inthe race for best player, but the 2001 playoff run put Shaq in a league of his own for the second straight year. His stats were the same from the 2000 Playoffs, but it is clear that Shaq was much better in 2001. His team lost just one game in the playoffs, and he would have more "I am the King games", which includes a game in which he had 44 points, 21 rebounds, and 7 blocks against Sac Town.

2002: Chris Webber
http://nbahoopsonline.com/Articles/top160/photos/Webber.jpg

Another player who is incredibly underrated because of the media, Kings haters, and David Stern/Greed of the NBA.

Now once again, dont go all up on me, and hear me out, before asking, "How can a 2nd team all nba player be Top baller in the league?"

First, Webber should have been on the first team over McGrady that year.

Second, Webber's playoff run was incredible. The Kings would storm their way to the WCF, led by a motivated Chris Webber, who in his prime was Kevin Garnett with even BETTER passing skills. Webber was a triple double threat EVERY night, and his passing is incredibly underrated. In terms of PURE passing, he is nearly as good as LeBron (Though of course, Lebron is a better point guard and playmaker because of his ball-handling, speed, quickness, and court vision). Thats how good Webber was at passing, best big man passer in the game.

As an Un-biased fan of the game, I, with a sad and heavy heart, must admit that game 6 of the 2002 WCF was RIGGED so the NBA could make more cash. Not surprised really, as the NBA is a company, and the goal of every company is to MAKE MONEY. This is not a threat to Laker fans, as the Lakers have had the short end of the stick in the 2008 NBA finals game 2, when Leon Powe of the Celtics shot more ft's than the entire Lakers team (Kobe should have gotten the FMVP that year!) Game 6 2002 was ugly to see, and who knows how dominant Webber would have been in the finals. Imagine how high Webber would skyrocket on all-time lists if he gotten his DESERVED ring?

Ring or not however, Webber was the top dog in 2002. He led his Kings to the top seed, proved to be a diverse big man who could DO IT ALL, and he should have a FMVP. No disrespect to Shaq/Kidd/Duncan/Bryant, but Webber was on a level of his own that year. A shame that injuries/greed would rob him of a dominant career.

Webber is a top 50 player of all-time for sure, despite being vastly underrated. His passing skills were out of this world, and he was very good at scoring and rebounding.

Webber had ALL the tools that year. Leadership, Toughness, Rebounding, Passing, Scoring, Defense, Jumpshot, Free Throws. All improved. He didnt have the eye-popping numbers shaq had, but he was the leader of a team that should have taken down the Purple-and-Gold giants that swept them just the year before.

2003: Tim Duncan
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0906/si.cover.history.june7/images/tim-duncan.jpg

Tim Duncan finally matures, and was CLEARLY the most dominant player in 2003. Chris Webber, best player in 2002, would struggle in 2003, averaging less points in a worse shooting percentage. Of course, his injury in the 2nd round would also end his run as a dominant player. Shaq was injured to start the season, and would not perform nearly as well.

Duncan finally rose up to the top, with his defense and passing ability being top notch. He would lead his spurs to the first seed, and would then proceed to crush his opponents in the playoffs, topping it all off with a near quad-double against the Nets in the finals, still known to be one of the greatest playoff performances of all time.

Nobody was really close to Duncan in 2003, but if anyone was close, it was Kobe Bryant, who was 2nd best. Kobe, now entering his prime, averaged 30/7/6/2.2 on great defense, and was clearly more engaged than his teammate Shaq. In terms of regular season, Kobe is on equal footing with Duncan, as Kobe had a truly dominant year, but the playoffs is what gives Duncan not only an edge, but a BLOWOUT edge. Duncan's playoff run was one of the greatest, averaging 25/16/5/3 a night.

2004: Shaq

This was an incredibly weak year for the NBA. Chris Webber, top player in 2002, would be gone nearly the whole year with injury, not to mention the fact that he would NEVER be the same again. Kobe, after a dominant year, would struggle, mainly because of the Colorado Case, and Duncan would not have the same success he did in the playoffs in 2003. Jermaine O'neal would rise as the 3rd best player in 2004, but his lack of performance in the playoffs cuts him out as a competitor for top dog.

Shaq was still very good in 2004, but he is no longer in his prime, and a part of the reason why he wins is because 2004 was a weak year for the league. He gets a slight edge over the 2nd best player of 2004, Kevin Garnett, for a couple reasons.

Garnett averaged 24/14/5, but on 49% shooting, while Shaq averaged 22/12/3 on a league high 58% shooting. Also, Shaq would once again dominate in the playoffs, taking down Garnett's timberwolves in the playoffs on route to yet another finals appearance. This is not hating on KG, who won MVP, but Shaq was the better player, barely. OFC, the media wants variety in its MVPs!

blood yes
06-19-2014, 07:40 PM
2005: Tim Duncan
http://media.mlive.com/pistons_impact/photo/10563283-large.jpg

For the 2nd time, Tim Duncan is the top player in the NBA. With Shaq being a step older, Kobe struggling, now faced with having to lead a team for the first time, and Garnett having a less productive year, Duncan only has Nash as his major competitor for best player in the league.

Unlike 2003, Duncan does not easily win the award, as Nash proves to be an incredible player, averaging nearly 12 assists a game, leading the Suns to the top seed in the West, a 33 game improvement. However, it is once again the PLAYOFFS where Duncan shows himself to be the top player in the league. Duncan takes his Spurs to the finals, which includes a 39/14 game against Denver, and a 33/15 game against Nash and the Suns. Then, he proceeds to take down the Defensive minded Pistons, led by Ben Wallace in the finals, something Shaq and Kobe couldn't do a year before. That in itself should tell you who the best player of 2005 was. Duncan dominates a dynasty-level Pistons squad, in a grueling 7 game series.

Duncan's shooting % wasnt the best against the Pistons, but that shows the Pistons defensive ability. Despite this, Duncan was still productive, capping off another great playoff run, and his 3rd ring.

2006: Kobe Bryant
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/KobeDunking.png

After struggling in 2005, Kobe finally figures out how to lead a team by himself, and is the best player in the league in 2006. The competition is close, with Steve Nash, LeBron James, and Elton Brand (Yes, Elton Brand) following right on his tail at 2, 3, and 4 respectively. However, what gives Kobe the slight edge at number 1 over Nash, James, and Brand was his INCREDULOUS and absolutely MINDBLOWING numbers in January. We all know he averaged 35/5/5/2 for the season, which is good, but what about how he averaged 43.4 in January?

He had a 61 point performance against Dallas, in a mere 3 quarters of play, scored 45+ points in 4 consecutive games, had TWENTYSEVEN 40+ point games, and of course most importantly, dropped EIGHTYONE(81) points against the Raptors, a number that hasnt been achieved since Wilt's 100,and quite honestly, will never be achieved again, making it that much more impressive.

This was clearly Kobe's prime year, and it wouldnt be a ludicrous statement to say that in terms of just SCORING, Kobe was just as good as Jordan. Kobe was on a level on his own in terms of scoring the basketball, truly incredible. Kobe's jab-step move+jumper was on a whole new level that year, and if his shot missed, it was due to him making a mistake, as the defense couldnt contain him that year.

To top it off, Kobe would nearly lead his rag-tad squad in an upset against the Suns in 2006 (yes, the suns didnt have amare, but they had nash, marion, and a ton of excellent role system players). Kobe was ice vein clutch as well, hitting many key shots/game winners throughout the reg season and playoffs.

Anyone who says Kobe never had a great peak must be lying, as 2006 Kobe was as good at scoring the ball as Jordan was. It seemed that if he wanted to score 40, he could. His 81 point game will also be in the minds of basketball fans forever.

2007: LeBron James
http://sportsunbiased.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/nba_cavs_pistons_2007_576.jpg

Now, once again, before you go all crazy on me again, let me say this. I TRULY believe that 2006-2007 was LeBron's greatest year as a pro. Look, I never said it was the year he was the best, but I believe it was his most accomplished. Yes, that includes his 2012 and 2013 seasons in which he won a ring.

I don't think people can EVER truly grasp just how incredible LeBron was in 2007, especially against Detroit in the ECF. This was a TWENTY-TWO year old player in his FOURTH season, absolutely DEMOLISHING the pistons dynasty SINGLE-HANDEDLY. The Pistons would never be the same again.

LeBron James was a different animal in the 2006-2007 NBA season. He would lead the Cavs to the 2nd seed, with a shit team, half of them would have played in the d-league if it wasn't for LeBron. Then, in the playoffs, he TOOK OFF.

The 1st round, sure, that was expected. But the 2nd round Nets were a playoff threat, despite their bad regular season record. The Nets were built for the playoffs that year, weak bench, but strong lineup. Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson were all allstar caliber players, and Kidd produced tremendous numbers in that series. It didnt matter however, and LeBron came through.

The big reason why LeBron wins player of the year in 2007 however, instead of Kobe (who was 2nd) and Duncan (who was 3rd), is because of what will be remembered forever in the record books.

Game 5 2007 ECF, LeBron goes OFF. He scores the last TWENTYFIVE points for his team. He essentially took on 5 Pistons players AT ONCE. Double-clutch layups, fadeaway Jumpers, ferocious dunks, incredible jab-steps. That was LeBron that night. It is still, and will most likely FOREVER be LeBron's greatest performance as a professional basketball player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8068148/nba-playoffs-top-25-performances-ever

ESPN has it as the 4th best playoff performance since 1978, losing to just Jordan and Magic.

Steve Kerr called it "Jordanesque"

This performance alone puts LeBron over Duncan (who had a great year, but was not at statistically dominant as 03 or 05, and wasn't as good, now aging) and Bryant (Still very good, but didn't have the jaw-dropping numbers he did in 06, plus he didn't have the same playoff success).

I honestly don't think people realize how good LeBron's performance was. I remember watching with my friends (who were Pistons fans) in front of the TV, and we were just in absolute SHOCK.

LeBron would take a rag-tad team to the Finals, in which his 2nd best player was DANIEL BOOBIE GIBSON (Who is an excellent 3-pt shooter and pretty good perimeter defender, but should definitely not be 2nd best on a Finals Team).

LeBron was incredible this year, and it was by far his best year as a Cavalier, and his best as a PRO so far.

2008: Kobe Bryant
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Kobe+Bryant+Juan+Carlos+Navarro+Olympics+Day+vtsqC q6TtgUl.jpg

Kobe Bryant would have a tremendous year in 2007-2008, capped off by leading the USA team to a gold medal in 2008, just four years after Team USA's embarrassing performance in Greece.

Kobe, for the first time, would learn how to win by himself. A big myth that Kobe haters try to spread about Kobe is that the only reason why the Lakers went 57-25 in 08 was because of Pau Gasol. However, they forget to realize that Gasol was a mid-season acquisition, and that the Lakers were still the 2nd seed in the tough West when they traded for Gasol.

Kobe, after a disappointing 2007 season, would rebound back in 2008 and absolutely dominate. His offensive skills would stay relatively the same, maybe even taking a step back, but his DEFENSE is what truly elevated to an elite level.

Up until this point, Kobe wasn't exactly a great defender. He would gamble too much for steals, and he wouldn't be as mentally focused. However, in 2007-2008, Kobe would become a lock-down defender, a large reason why the Lakers had such great success compared to the previous season. He would win his first MVP award, and also be the only unanimous selection to the All-NBA squad.

Kobe would beat out Chris Paul (2nd) and LeBron James (3rd) for POY.
Chris Paul was incredible as well in 08, leading the Hornets to the 2nd seed, and in terms of regular season only, was actually better than Kobe. However, his fall in the 2nd round to the Spurs, a team Kobe excelled against a round later, would be his downfall. As for LeBron (who was POY in 2007 after his legendary game 5 performance), LeBron would struggle in terms of team success, with his team dropping 5 games from last year, with a 45-37 record. Also, despite his great playoff performance against Boston in game 7, he would not have the same playoff success as well.

Kobe's incredible year ends with a gold medal in Beijing, after leading his team USA squad to a close win over Spain in 2008. While Wade would lead the team in scoring with 27, along with 1 board and 2 assists, Kobe would drop 20, along with 6 assists, 3 boards, and 2 blocks, and a CLUTCH 3 pointer with 3 minutes to go that would essentially be the dagger for Spain.

2009: LeBron James
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+Game+2+LhGZ1zJ 8HYEl.jpg

Is this even a question?

66 wins, bad team, incredible stats, a legendary series against Orlando.

LeBron didn't win it all, but he was absolutely incredible in 2008-2009. He led the Cavaliers to a mere ONE home loss, and to nearly 70 wins, with Mo williams, Delonte West, Big Z, Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, and Sasha Pavlovic.

Kobe was great this year, winning his first ring as the man. So was CP3 and Dwyane Wade, both having stellar years. Neither of these 3 however, had the year that LeBron had. He had a monster regular season, and then went on to crush the competition in the first two rounds. He nearly took down the Steroid-Juiced Magic as well, if it wasn't for a missed half-court shot at the buzzer that nearly went in, which could have tied the series at 2-2. LeBron was clutch that year as well, hitting multiple game winners and key baskets.

I remember at the end of the 09 season, thinking to myself, "With how talented LeBron is, there's no way he won't end up winning a ring in Cleveland, even with how talent-less his squad is"

blood yes
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
LeBron was a man amongst boys in the 09 season. His near 40 point average against the Magic, as he tried to carry his cavaliers through Dwight Howard and Steroid Lewis, was Jordanesque as well.

2010: Kobe Bryant
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2010/06/01/K101246149.jpg

This time, Kobe Bryant edges out LeBron (2nd) for the Player of the Year. Kobe was, like always, a BEAST. His regular-season statistics would actually improve slightly from 2009, and once again, his Lakers would grab the top seed in the west.

Kobe was beyond amazing in 2009-2010. His statistics didn't cause jaws to drop like 2006, and his defense wasn't elite like in 2008, but his CLUTCHNESS was on FULL display in 2009-2010. Kobe Bryant would hit SIX game winners in the regular season, including an unbelievable shot over Dwyane Wade and the Heat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3s90fR1ak)

Kobe Bryant would then proceed to TAKE OVER in the playoffs, averaging 29.2 points per game, beating out LeBron by 0.1 points, in 9 more games. In his series against the Suns, Kobe would average THIRTYFOUR points per game, including a 40 point game 1, and a 37 point game 6, in which he hit a clutch jumper to seal the game over a Suns team that had a good shot at winning it all. The Suns semi-dynasty would fall apart after this, with Stoudemire going off to New York.

LeBron had a great year, like in 09, but would struggle in the playoffs. Instead of dominating like he did against the Magic in 2009, he would play poorly for his standards in 2010, turning the ball over many times, as if he didn't care for the game. This, along with Kobe's incredible series against the Suns, gives Kobe the slight edge over LeBron. At 3, would be Dwyane Wade, followed by newcomer Kevin Durant at 4.

2011: Dirk Nowitzki
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/722098/ap-201105172039743523162.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki was an absolute beast this year. I seriously don't think people realize how incredible his playoff run was. But before that, his regular season performance was as usual, decent, but nowhere near as good as LeBron/Wade/Rose/Bryant/Howard/Paul.

The playoffs is where it all changes however. I think people criminally underrate Dirk's playoff performances, instead focusing on LeBron's "choke" (Which to most players in the NBA would be a career best playoff series).

Dirk's 2011 nba playoffs run is one of the GREATEST in NBA history, certainly the best one since Jordan's retirement, and is the reason why he beats out King James(2nd), Derrick Rose(3rd), Chris Paul(4th) and Kobe Bryant(5th) for the POY.

Do people realize that Dirk, with his pretty decent but not great squad, took out 4 VERY GOOD teams. He beat the Modern Kobe-Shaq combo of Brandon Roy and Lamarcus Aldridge in 6 games. This Blazers team was VERY good, and roy/aldridge were both easily capable of dropping 25 a night. In the closeout game 6 against the Blazers, he would drop 33 points and 11 rebounds on 11-17, being unstoppable on the offensive end.

Next up, he SWEPT the 2-time defending champs in the Lakers. Stacked with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, MWP, Bynum, and others, this seemed to be an easy series for the Lakers. Dirk would dominate again however, including a crucial game 3 performance which essentially ended the Lakers dynasty, with 32 points and 9 rebounds.

In the next round, he absolutely TORE up KD/Westbrook in the 2011 WCF. He scored 48 points on 12-15 shooting, then would score 40 points on 12-20 shooting in the crucial game 4 that would put a stake in the Thunder's finals chances. In the finals against the Heat, he would just in general dominate pretty much every game, playing much more dominantly than stats would suggest. Nobody could guard him Bosh, Haslem, Joel Anthony, LBJ all could not stop him.

To sum it up, he took out Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh ALL in ONE playoff run. A difficult run, but was no problem for Dirk, who shot a RIDICULOUS 46% from 3 in the playoffs, along with 28 points and 8 rebounds.

2012: LeBron James
http://www.nbadunks.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/LeBron-James-Dunk-of-the-Year-2012.jpg

LeBron was absolutely legendary in 2012. After a disappointing 2011 NBA Finals, LeBron would become a man on a major MISSION. He would thoroughly dominate the regular season, with shooting statistics we have never seen from a perimeter player in the history of the NBA. His 2012 playoff run would be absolutely monstrous, as he would flat out dominate EVERY team he played.

In game 4 of the ECSF against Indiana, when the Heat needed him most, he would go absolutely berzerk, scoring 40 points and EIGHTEEN rebounds, along with 9 assists. An absolute stat-sheet stuffer. And when people thought he couldnt top that, he would go absolute clutch with a must win in Boston, scoring 45 points and 15 rebounds, 30 points in the first half, and oh yeah, he did it in a way that essentially ended Boston's mini dynasty. He would then go on and absolutely PULVERIZE Kevin Durant (2nd), posting him up repeatedly. There truly was no contest in 2012, LeBron was the best.

2013: LeBron James
http://thesportsfanjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/130320142842-lebron-james-jason-terry-dunk-single-image-cut.jpg

Once again, LeBron would dominate the NBA. Is this even a question? 27 game win streak, 66 wins, incredible statistics, excellent postseason, capped off by a CLUTCH game 7 against the Spurs, in which he would go absolutely bezerk from downtown?

The better question to ask is, who was the SECOND best player in the nba in 2013?

It comes down to Kobe Bryant (2nd) and Kevin Durant (3rd). Now, Kobe Bryant at age 34, was doing things most nba superstars cant do in their absolute primes. Kobe was an absolute beast, dragging a not-so-good-on-the-court Lakers team to the 7th seed in the West. Along the way, Kobe absolutely beasted on the court, with games like a 47 point game against POR, a 42 point, 12 assist comeback win against NOLA, a 41 point, 12 assist game against Toronto, and a 38-12-7 game against Dallas.

Kobe Bryant would also change his mentality and play style. Knowing that Nash was injured, and that the Lakers were struggling without a playmaker, Kobe stepped out of his usual comfort zone of being a scorer, and became almost a LeBron James/Magic Johnson type player, showing off his incredible passing ability. He would have THREE 14 assist games, all in wins, along with 2 triple doubles, and MULTIPLE 12 and 11 assist games. Kobe was not only a monster in his scoring, but his point guard skills as well.

Kevin Durant was INSANELY good as well in the regular season, but he absolutely WET the bed in the postseason. There is other way to say it. He played very well in the regular season, but after the Houston series, everything fell apart. Durant would struggle mightily against Memphis, absolutely blowing it, which gives Bryant the edge over Durant in POY for 2013.

2014: LeBron James
http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/lebron-james-warriors-game-winner-2014.jpg

Again, no question about it, LeBron was the best player in the NBA. He would once again have a dominant regular season, which included a 61 point game against the Charlotte Bobcats. He would then go on to dominate in the playoffs, which included a near 50 point game against Brooklyn to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. He would play very well in the Finals, but a lack of help from his teammates, along with an incredibly unselfish passing display by the Spurs would end his chance at the 3-peat.

(The 2014 Spurs may very well be the best TEAM of the decade. Incredible passing, unselfishness, 3-pt shooting, and defense was unbelievable. Even statistics dont do the 2014 Spurs justice. Watching them play, the Spurs clearly had an incredible,almost soccer like vision with the ball. Ball moved VERY well, making it impossible to guard when nearly EVERY spurs player could hit the deep 3. I would argue that not even Michael Jordan could have beat that Spurs team. The Spurs were just built incredibly well, and they are IMO ridiculously underrated. Coach Pop should be given a lot more credit, the way he took a handful of decent role players and made them perform 10x their capabilities on another team. I cant stress enough just how good the 2014 PLAYOFF Spurs were)

Durant would be 2nd, but a distant 2nd, as he would struggle in the playoffs, especially against Memphis, who help him to horrendous shooting percentages. However, he would perform excellently in the regular season and play good defense.

2015: LeBron James
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/05/11/sports/11CAVS/11CAVS-master675.jpg

After the regular season, I thought that maybe Curry had a chance to finally kick LeBron off of his throne of best POY. However, after an unbelievable postseason, there is no question in my mind that LeBron was the best player in the league in 2015. His performance in the 2015 NBA finals was arguably the greatest performance in a losing effort, EVER. With Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love both hurt, LeBron would take his D-League level Cavs squad to 2 wins against the 67 win Warriors, averaging a near 40-point triple double. Unbelievable effort by LeBron, and if it wasn't for JR Smith turning into JR Shit the Cavs might have won the series.

Despite Steph Curry's unbelievable regular season, his sub-par Finals performance puts him at number 2

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM
looks like pastis/robert shaww/5 ring fan/etc

blood yes
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Rankings for best NBA players since Jordan's retirement: (1st is 4 points, 2nd best is 3 points)

1999: Mourning(1), Duncan(2)
2000: Shaq(1), Mourning(2)
2001: Shaq(1), Duncan(2)
2002: Webber(1), Shaq(2)
2003: Duncan(1), Bryant(2)
2004: Shaq(1), Garnett(2)
2005: Duncan(1), Nash(2)
2006: Bryant(1), Nash(2)
2007: LeBron(1), Bryant(2)
2008: Bryant(1), Paul(2)
2009: LeBron(1), Bryant(2)
2010: Bryant(1), LeBron(2)
2011: Dirk(1), LeBron(2)
2012: LeBron(1), Durant(2)
2013: LeBron(1), Bryant(2)
2014: LeBron(1), Durant(2)
2015: LeBron (1), Curry (2)

LeBron James: 30 points

Kobe Bryant: 24 points

Shaquille O'Neal: 15 points

Tim Duncan: 14 points

Alonzo Mourning: 7 points

Steve Nash: 6 points

Kevin Durant: 6 points

Chris Webber: 4 points

Dirk Nowitzki: 4 points

Kevin Garnett: 3 points

Chris Paul: 3 points

Stephen Curry: 3 points

fpliii
06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Maybe, but I think he would've picked Malone in 99 instead. :D

blood yes
06-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Saved for latterrr

blood yes
06-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Saved Foh Latuh

blood yes
06-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Saved

TheGreatDeraj
06-19-2014, 08:33 PM
No such thing as an unbiased fan

blood yes
06-19-2014, 08:54 PM
No such thing as an unbiased fan
I guess, but I consider myself pretty close to being completely unbiased. Also, all my biases are towards lesser-known players, so it wont affect my list.

blood yes
06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Saveddd, and you guys may now post freely, and discuss!

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 09:06 PM

Robert shaw would never acknowledge tim duncan as a top player.

blood yes
06-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Bump

Real14
06-19-2014, 10:00 PM
2001 should be Iverson.:no:

fpliii
06-19-2014, 10:01 PM
2001 should be Iverson.:no:

C'mon dude, 01 is Shaq.

Real14
06-19-2014, 10:02 PM
:lol

01 is Shaq.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/2%20Award%20Winner/3%20Season%20MVP/z2-1.jpg

blood yes
06-19-2014, 10:10 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/2%20Award%20Winner/3%20Season%20MVP/z2-1.jpg
lol

Suguru101
06-19-2014, 10:23 PM

So who would you pair up for next year with Carmelo in NY if given the chance... 2001 Iverson or 2001 Shaq? That's right. The most dominant player. Regular season isn't even the main thing to consider when arguing about the best player of the year.

blood yes
06-19-2014, 10:42 PM
So who would you pair up for next year with Carmelo in NY if given the chance... 2001 Iverson or 2001 Shaq? That's right. The most dominant player. Regular season isn't even the main thing to consider when arguing about the best player of the year.
thanks

KyleKong
06-19-2014, 10:54 PM

A.I. was hood as ****.

Lord Bean
06-19-2014, 11:39 PM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Kobe
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Kobe
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Kobe
2010 - Kobe
2011 - Wade
2012 - Durant
2013 - Durant
2014 - Durant

iTare
06-20-2014, 12:00 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Kobe
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Kobe
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Kobe
2010 - Kobe
2011 - Wade
2012 - Durant
2013 - Durant
2014 - Durant
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/laptop.gif

blood yes
06-20-2014, 12:18 AM
bumpp

dc_chilling
06-20-2014, 12:18 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Kobe
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Kobe
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Kobe
2010 - Kobe
2011 - Wade
2012 - Durant
2013 - Durant
2014 - Durant

Lol. Lebron has been the best player since 08. Wade was the best in 06. Shaq was the best from 2000 to 2004.

blood yes
06-20-2014, 12:24 AM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: bUMP:lol

T_L_P
06-20-2014, 12:25 AM
1999: Duncan
2002: Shaq
2003: Duncan
2004: Garnett
2005: Duncan
2006: Wade
2007: Duncan
2008: Kobe
2009: Kobe
2010: LeBron
2011: Dirk
2012: LeBron
2013: LeBron

blood yes
06-20-2014, 12:31 AM
How do you think of my list so far though? While duncan was excellent in 99, he did not have nearly the defensive impact a prime ZO did, and Zo was not far behind offensively either. Duncan has a slight edge in offensive, but Alonzo's defense was beyond elite, legendary to say the least.

In 2002, while Shaq is the popular pick, id argue Webber. Shaq wasnt as dominant as 2001, and Webber with his incredibly gifted passing ability took Sac to the top seed.

2004, I can't really argue, as it was a weak year for the NBA, but id say Shaq>Garnett

2006, while Wade was incredible in the playoffs, Kobe's mind numbing numbers, which includes averaging nearly 45 points in the month of January, takes the icing onthe cake for me.

As for the rest, I'm still doing research, and will get back to you!

Shep
06-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Trash list. Why not save your time and "research" and ask me?

Best player in the NBA since 1999:
2000: O'Neal
2001: O'Neal
2002: O'Neal
2008: Paul
2009: James
2010: James
2011: James
2012: James
2013: James
2014: James

blood yes
06-20-2014, 12:40 AM

Trash list and you dont explain why?

Then you go on to pick, not what is true, but what is popular opinion.

Why was duncan better than mourning in 99?

Shaq over Chris Webber in 2002?

Wade over Kobe in 2006?

I can understand Garnett over Shaq. Like I said, that one was close

Lord Bean
06-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Revised list, I realized I was unfair to some players in my first list.

1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Kobe
2002 - Kobe
2003 - Kobe
2004 - Kobe
2005 - Kobe
2005 - Kobe
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Kobe
2010 - Kobe
2011 - Kobe
2011 - Kobe
2012 - Durant
2013 - Durant
2014 - Durant

blood yes
06-20-2014, 12:48 AM
bumpp

iamgine
06-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Mourning in '99?

Do we not count playoff?

Even in the regular season...Shaq's # were much higher than Mourning.

Dresta
06-20-2014, 01:00 AM

Wade over Kobe in 2006?

I can understand Garnett over Shaq. Like I said, that one was close
How could it not be considering Wade over Kobe in 2006? Since when does regular season stat-padding and obscene ball-hogging beat the greatest championship run since MJ. It's not like his regular season numbers weren't on the same level as Kobe's either.

And Shaq was clearly better than Webber in 2002.

Lord Bean
06-20-2014, 01:04 AM
How could it not be considering Wade over Kobe in 2006? Since when does regular season stat-padding and obscene ball-hogging beat the greatest championship run since MJ. It's not like his regular season numbers weren't on the same level as Kobe's either.

And Shaq was clearly better than Webber in 2002.
Is this a joke? Is this what trolling is?

Shep
06-20-2014, 01:09 AM

All I have ever presented was facts, I show zero bias

Not only was Duncan better but so was Robinson and O'Neal. Mourning was ranked #1 after the regular season, but after embarrassingly becoming just the second 1st seed to lose to an 8th seed in NBA history, (along with Duncan and Robinson stepping up more than anyone, and O'Neal having a positive playoff run) he was relegated to 4th best at the conclusion of the playoffs.

Again with the regular seasons. Not only was O'Neal better but so was Duncan and Bryant. Webber had a better regular season than O'Neal and Bryant (not Duncan), but O'Neal, Duncan, and Bryant all had better playoff runs. Webber had a positive playoff run and was his teams best player, however others in his team stepped up more (Bibby, Christie).

Wade over Kobe in 2006?
Bryant wasn't even top 6

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:18 AM
All I have ever presented was facts, I show zero bias

Not only was Duncan better but so was Robinson and O'Neal. Mourning was ranked #1 after the regular season, but after embarrassingly becoming just the second 1st seed to lose to an 8th seed in NBA history, (along with Duncan and Robinson stepping up more than anyone, and O'Neal having a positive playoff run) he was relegated to 4th best at the conclusion of the playoffs.

Again with the regular seasons. Not only was O'Neal better but so was Duncan and Bryant. Webber had a better regular season than O'Neal and Bryant (not Duncan), but O'Neal, Duncan, and Bryant all had better playoff runs. Webber had a positive playoff run and was his teams best player, however others in his team stepped up more (Bibby, Christie).

Bryant wasn't even top 6
Others I could see, but the bolded :biggums:

T_L_P
06-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Revised list, I realized I was unfair to some players in my first list.

1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Kobe
2002 - Kobe
2003 - Kobe
2004 - Kobe
2005 - Kobe
2005 - Kobe
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Kobe
2010 - Kobe
2011 - Kobe
2011 - Kobe
2012 - Durant
2013 - Durant
2014 - Durant

How many Kobe stans on here have alts? Shit is straight up embarrassing.

Kobe got ****ing swept out of the league in 2011, and apparently he's the league's best player? He had the biggest individual Finals meltdown ever, and he was the league's best player?

Shep
06-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Others I could see, but the bolded :biggums:
:confusedshrug:

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:28 AM
:confusedshrug:
35/5/5/2

Nearly 45 ppg in themonth of january

Multiple scoring records broken

Nearly took down a Good Suns Team with his shit team

Explanation is in my guide, should be self-explanatory

Wade, even with his extraordinary playoff run, was only 5th best in 2006.

Kobe, Nash, LeBron, Elton Brand, THEN Wade

That doesnt mean wade is bad, in fact, its just competition was fierce in 06

Dresta
06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Is this a joke? Is this what trolling is?
Forgot to add the 'by a wing player' qualifier (sorry,just taken a few benzos which isn't great for the memory), but that most certainly isn't a joke. Feel free to come up with an example that shows otherwise, but there really isn't one.

Dresta
06-20-2014, 01:32 AM
35/5/5/2

Now you're just being an annoying troll. Go home.

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:36 AM
Now you're just being an annoying troll. Go home.
I'm a troll?

Do trolls spend hours researching this topic, also typing out a whole guide with detailed information? Why dont you re-read (if you even read it at all) my guide. I explain why Kobe was top dog in 2006, quite clearly I may add

tpols
06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Forgot to add the 'by a wing player' qualifier (sorry,just taken a few benzos which isn't great for the memory), but that most certainly isn't a joke. Feel free to come up with an example that shows otherwise, but there really isn't one.

A 28/6/6 playoff run is not the greatest since anything.. with or w/o the 100s of FTs Wade was getting

Kobe's 29/7/6 in 2001, Bran's 30/10/6 in 2012 and a handful of other years from both of them have seen equal or more impact go into winning a ring.

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:38 AM
A 27/7/6 playoff run is not the greatest since anything.. with or w/o the 100s of FTs Wade was getting

Kobe's 29/7/6 in 2001, Bran's 30/10/6 in 2012 and a handful of other years from both of them have seen equal or more impact go into winning a ring.
Thanks for backing me up. How do you like my guide?

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:45 AM
Mourning in '99?

Do we not count playoff?

Even in the regular season...Shaq's # were much higher than Mourning.
Read explanation in guide bro:cheers:

Shep
06-20-2014, 02:00 AM
35/5/5/2

probably would have taken down a good suns team with his "shit" team if he showed up for that playoff series, instead in the fastest paced environment of any playoff team he does not step up, and allows the suns to come back from a 3-1 deficit to beat him, including the "give up" game 7 in which the Lakers get demolished by 31 points, with Bryant sulking. The only reason the Lakers took the Suns to a game 7 was Odom stepping up and almost outplaying your "best player in the NBA" to the tune of 19.1ppg, 11.0rpg, 4.9apg, 0.4spg, and 1.1bpg.

Wade meanwhile wins the championship, steps up more than anyone else in the playoffs, all without having a teammate inside the top 15 players in the NBA. Wade put up a remarkable 35/8/4/3/1 in the Finals cementing his spot as CLEARLY the best player in 2006.

Players that were also better than Bryant in 2006 include LeBron James, Dirk Nowitkzi, Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, and Shawn Marion.

julizaver
06-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Hello! My name is Blood Yes, and unlike many people on this forum, I am an unbiased fan of the game. I, unlike many others, extensively research the game, being a major fan of the game. In this guide, I will be giving my UNBIASED, HIGHLY THOUGHT OUT, and Un-Prisoner of the Moment Opinion on who the best player in the NBA was every year after the retirement of Michael Jordan.

I am starting with the year after Jordan, because I actually never got to see Jordan play when he was with the Bulls, as I was too young at the time. However, I am well-knowledged and unbiased in the years after Jordan. I do not let annoying stans and the media cloud my opinion, so without further ado, let us begin!!

As you mentioned you were too young to watch pre-98 Jordan and probably by 2002 you were still very young. :)
As I have watched NBA all those years, I can assure you that Mourning and Webber at no points (year) of their stellar careers were the best NBA players. Even in their best seasons there was another player who was better than them. For me Shaq was the best player after Jordan till 2003. And Lebron was the best player since 2009. Between 2004 and 2008 Kobe, Garnet, James and probably Wade. Dunkan's best years were covered by Shaq's prime.

SexSymbol
06-20-2014, 07:22 AM
99-Duncan
00-Shaq
01-Shaq/Kobe
02-Webber/Shaq
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Duncan
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe
10-Kobe
11-Dirk/Wade
12-LeBron
13-LeBron
14-LeBron/Durant

blood yes
06-20-2014, 01:17 PM
probably would have taken down a good suns team with his "shit" team if he showed up for that playoff series, instead in the fastest paced environment of any playoff team he does not step up, and allows the suns to come back from a 3-1 deficit to beat him, including the "give up" game 7 in which the Lakers get demolished by 31 points, with Bryant sulking. The only reason the Lakers took the Suns to a game 7 was Odom stepping up and almost outplaying your "best player in the NBA" to the tune of 19.1ppg, 11.0rpg, 4.9apg, 0.4spg, and 1.1bpg.

Wade meanwhile wins the championship, steps up more than anyone else in the playoffs, all without having a teammate inside the top 15 players in the NBA. Wade put up a remarkable 35/8/4/3/1 in the Finals cementing his spot as CLEARLY the best player in 2006.

Players that were also better than Bryant in 2006 include LeBron James, Dirk Nowitkzi, Tim Duncan, Elton Brand, and Shawn Marion.
LOL

riseagainst
06-20-2014, 01:21 PM

:biggums:

:roll:

you would be right but the stats say otherwise:
he averaged 40 points on 58%FG in games 5 and 6. #notsteppingup.

Dresta
06-20-2014, 01:53 PM
A 28/6/6 playoff run is not the greatest since anything.. with or w/o the 100s of FTs Wade was getting

Nonsense. That you'd bring up Kobe's riding of Shaq's coattails as even remotely close to what Wade did in 06 shows your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously when it comes to basketball. Posting overall playoff stats is also moronic considering numbers put up in the last 2 rounds are far more valuable than those put up in the first 2.

Wade's conference finals and finals performances that year: 35/8/4/3/1 on 57TS% - that is Jordanesque, and 27/5/6/2/2 on 68TS% against the Pistons no less.

Please, they are not even comparable.

What were Kobe's numbers in the finals in 2001? And Kobe was not even the best player on his team, so how you can compare the two is truly beyond me :hammerhead:

iamgine
06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Read explanation in guide bro:cheers:
I did, and it was not good enough. MVP was due to Lakers record. Shaq's # was more dominant in regular season and playoff. Plus Mourning's # took a dive in the playoff.

HurricaneKid
06-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Sorry OP. Outside of Zo you seem intent on choosing offensive only players. And only regular season stats at that.

Roundball_Rock
06-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Wade meanwhile wins the championship, steps up more than anyone else in the playoffs, all without having a teammate inside the top 15 players in the NBA.

Shaq was still a top 10 player and the best center in 2006.

Bodhi
06-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Interesting list, but I don't think you can justify having 02 Webber and 04 Shaq.

02 Shaq was significantly better than 04 Shaq. Quicker, better defender, could play more minutes, etc

Likewise, 04 Garnett was clearly better than 02 Webber. Comparable play making and scoring with Garnett being worlds ahead in defense, rebounding.

So if you're saying that 04 Shaq is better than 04 Garnett, a better version of Shaq should be better than a player worse than Garnett

I rank players by who gives you the best chance to win a championship in that particular year so I'm not going to penalize 05 Garnett for not having a playoff run. His season was probably 95% as good as his 04 season but his supporting cast fell apart
2005: Garnett
2006: Kobe
2007: Kobe
2009: LeBron
2014: LeBron

blood yes
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Sorry OP. Outside of Zo you seem intent on choosing offensive only players. And only regular season stats at that.
Duncan??:wtf:

BlkMambaGOAT
06-20-2014, 03:58 PM
1999-02 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Shaq
2005-2010 - Kobe
2011 - Dirk
2012 - KD
2013 - Kobe
2014 - KD
2015 (prediction) - Kawhi/KD/AD

blood yes
06-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Interesting list, but I don't think you can justify having 02 Webber and 04 Shaq.

02 Shaq was significantly better than 04 Shaq. Quicker, better defender, could play more minutes, etc

Likewise, 04 Garnett was clearly better than 02 Webber. Comparable play making and scoring with Garnett being worlds ahead in defense, rebounding.

So if you're saying that 04 Shaq is better than 04 Garnett, a better version of Shaq should be better than a player worse than Garnett

I rank players by who gives you the best chance to win a championship in that particular year so I'm not going to penalize 05 Garnett for not having a playoff run. His season was probably 95% as good as his 04 season but his supporting cast fell apart
2005: Garnett
I know what ur saying, but Im not sure if you get it completely. The 2004 race for top dog was incredibly weak, so comparing 04 shaq to 02 shaq is different. OF COURSE 2002 Shaq was better than 04 Shaq, but 2002 also had better competition.

Also, IMO, while Garnett is higher on the all-time list (garnett mid 20s, webber high 40s) because of his ring/mvp ( And I agree with it, because accolades are a key part of rankings), Webber had a much better peak. WEbber 02 > Garnett 04. Unlike Garnett, Webber dominated against the Lakers in the playoffs, and should have gotten into the Finals that year

Im not saying its wrong to pick garnett for 04, it was really close that year.

As for 2002, Webber had ALL the tools that year. Leadership, Toughness, Rebounding, Passing/Playmaking, Scoring, Defense, Jumpshot, Free Throws. All improved. He didnt have the eye-popping numbers shaq had, but he was the leader of a team that should have taken down the Purple-and-Gold giants that swept them just the year before.

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Isn't it " blood yes' " and not "blood yes's" ?

blood yes
06-20-2014, 04:28 PM
I cant change the Title

TheGreatDeraj
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
2010: Kobe
2011: Lebron
2012: Lebron
2013: Lebron
2014: Lebron

K Xerxes
06-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Although not used commonly, s's is grammatically acceptable.

Duncan21formvp
06-20-2014, 05:41 PM
99-Duncan
00-Shaq
01-Shaq
02-Duncan
03-Duncan
04-KG
05-Duncan
06-Wade
07-Duncan
08-Garnett
09-Lebron
10-Lebron
11-Dirk
12-LeBron
13-LeBron
14-Durant

blood yes
06-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Although not used commonly, s's is grammatically acceptable.
thanks, lol. How you like my guide?

Dresta
06-20-2014, 10:26 PM
He certainly wasn't. He was fat, overweight and injured a lot of the time, and i suggest you look up his playoff numbers that year and then come back and say he was a top 10 player.

Honestly, Zo had as big an impact as him in the finals - the man was a complete liability on the defensive end and shot 29% on FT's on the offensive end (and could barely play 30 mpg). It's honestly like saying Wade was a top 10 player this season to say that.

blood yes
06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
He certainly wasn't. He was fat, overweight and injured a lot of the time, and i suggest you look up his playoff numbers that year and then come back and say he was a top 10 player.

Honestly, Zo had as big an impact as him in the finals - the man was a complete liability on the defensive end and shot 29% on FT's on the offensive end (and could barely play 30 mpg). It's honestly like saying Wade was a top 10 player this season to say that.
LOL:lol :roll: :facepalm

pauk
06-21-2014, 01:00 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Shaq
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Garnett
2006 - Wade
2007 - Lebron
2008 - Lebron
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

tpols
06-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Nonsense. That you'd bring up Kobe's riding of Shaq's coattails as even remotely close to what Wade did in 06 shows your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously when it comes to basketball. Posting overall playoff stats is also moronic considering numbers put up in the last 2 rounds are far more valuable than those put up in the first 2.

Wade's conference finals and finals performances that year: 35/8/4/3/1 on 57TS% - that is Jordanesque, and 27/5/6/2/2 on 68TS% against the Pistons no less.

Please, they are not even comparable.

What were Kobe's numbers in the finals in 2001? And Kobe was not even the best player on his team, so how you can compare the two is truly beyond me :hammerhead:

Kobe's numbers came in the rounds against tougher western conference competition. Your whole 'the last two rounds mean the most' is not an absolute. There have been many cases throughout history where tougher opponents were faced before the Finals than in them and early 2000 lakers had a few of them.

Plus.. Wade's Finals performance was a sham :biggums: It came at the hieght of the new rule changes and basically got him coined his nickname, D-Whistle.. he shot 100 FTs in like 5 games.. most since wilt chamberlain or shaq, who got put to the line purposely for their inability to shoot.

It wasnt any more impactful a run overall than a handful of other runs by perimeter players. The impact in the performances and overall numbers show it if you saw them.

Deuce Bigalow
06-21-2014, 02:06 AM
99: Duncan
00-02: Shaq
03: Duncan
04: KG
05: idk tbh
06-10: Kobe
11: Dirk
12-14: Lebron

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 07:27 AM

:roll: :roll:

This guy is the ultimate D-Wade stan.

Trashes all his teammates but can't accept the decline of his boy :facepalm

Piece of filth.

Sakkreth
06-21-2014, 07:30 AM
14 - LeBron. Even though it's not his best season, the competition for best players title was just weak this season, LeBron takes it easily imo.

SexSymbol
06-21-2014, 07:39 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Shaq
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Garnett
2006 - Wade
2007 - Lebron
2008 - Lebron
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

RoundMoundOfReb
06-21-2014, 07:40 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

Shep
06-21-2014, 08:01 AM
you would be right but the stats say otherwise:
he averaged 40 points on 58%FG in games 5 and 6. #notsteppingup.
He also did not score within 5 points of his regular season average in EVERY GAME except 1 with the highest pace of any team competing in the Playoffs.

Actually he wasn't top 15, and he was the second best center.

Big#50
06-21-2014, 09:05 AM
99-Duncan
2000-Shaq
01-Shaq/Kobe
02-Duncan
03-Duncan
04-KG
05-Duncan
06-Kobe
07-Duncan
08-14-Lebron

T_L_P
06-21-2014, 09:07 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Shaq
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Garnett
2006 - Wade
2007 - Lebron
2008 - Lebron
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

:lol :lol :lol

BoutPractice
06-21-2014, 09:21 AM
2006: Dirk/Wade/Kobe
2008: Kobe/Garnett
2009: LeBron/Kobe
2010: Kobe/LeBron
2011: LeBron/Dirk
2014: LeBron/Durant

Sometimes more than one player has a case.

A tough year is 2009, when LeBron has a historically great 'season, taking into account both regular season and playoffs, almost peak Jordan stuff, really... but at the same time Kobe is second in MVP voting, averages 27, 5 and 5 in the regular season, 30 5 and 5 in the playoffs, and 32, 7 and 5 in the Finals. It's one of the strongest years for wing performance in history, even Wade is having a ridiculous season.

By historical standards 2014 is actually fairly average... LeBron has a less remarkable season than the two previous years, and Kevin Durant although great in the regular season loses points for almost getting outplayed by Westbrook in the playoffs.

Fudge
06-21-2014, 12:15 PM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Shaq
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Garnett
2006 - Wade
2007 - Lebron
2008 - Lebron
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

Rocketswin2013
06-21-2014, 12:23 PM
2002: Duncan
2007: Dirk
2008: Chris Paul
2011: LeBron/Dirk/Dwight/CP3/Wade/Rose
2014: Durant

Rocketswin2013
06-21-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm really starting to question whether Kobe was ever best player in the NBA.

It was Dirk's league in 05-07 no matter what way you want to look at it. Kobe just never had the clear cut best production AND team success. Guys like CP3, Dirk, Wade, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq have had this more than Kobe has......

Not trolling btw, I put him in for '06 but that could easily be Dirk's spot IMHO.

Dresta
06-21-2014, 12:56 PM
:roll: :roll:

This guy is the ultimate D-Wade stan.

Trashes all his teammates but can't accept the decline of his boy :facepalm

Piece of filth.
You really have no right to call anyone a stan. I don't trash his teammates at all (that is what you do with Lebron. Posey was great in 06, as was Haslem; Walker and Shaq massively underperformed), it's just a fact that Shaq was largely ineffective in those finals. The argument that Wade went off because Shaq was drawing attention is nonsensical considering the Mavs outscored Miami with Shaq on the floor, and Riley benched him in key moments because of how ineffective he was and how immobile he was on the defensive end.

Some of Shaq's games from that series: 5 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and 2 turnovers on 30TS%, Miami -27 with him on the floor. 9/12 on 35TS%, Miami -7 with him on the floor, +11 with Zo in only 15mins (this being the closeout game 6, when Wade put up 36/10/5/4/3 on 66TS%). Game 1 he was 1-9 from the FT line - that is the definition of being a liability.

Honestly, Shaq was a good deal worse in the finals in 06 than Wade was the 2013 finals, and yet you were happy to call him trash in those finals, because you are a pathetic stan who needs to seriously get a life.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Tried to read it for the first time.. cringed through the Mourning bit.

What a bunch of garbage.

It's one thing to have a controversial opinion, it's another to be pretty much alone on the subject... Never seen Alonzo as best player in the World, for any year.

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Anyone saying Shaq was the best player in 2003 effectively concedes they did not watch the NBA that season, or, is a LeBrom stan that despises Kobe and makes every effort to undermine his legacy.

Or, both.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Anyone saying Shaq was the best player in 2003 effectively concedes they did not watch the NBA that season, or, is a LeBrom stan that despises Kobe and makes every effort to undermine his legacy.

Or, both.

Did you read this thread, though?

Any sane person knows it was Duncan :lol

Emphasis on "sane".. Look at a kenneth griffin who thinks Kobe was better :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 03:21 PM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

I approve this message :applause:

I'd say, though, that CP3 should be added to 2008 alongside Kobe, Wade should be added to 2009 alongside Bron.

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 03:22 PM

Emphasis on "sane".. Look at a kenneth griffin who thinks Kobe was better :oldlol:

That kid probably thinks Kobe was top 5 in 2000 too :roll:

I didn't read the entire thread though. Thought I'd spare my brain the ****ery of revisionist history. Like from our neighborhood nutcase, pauk :lol

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 03:28 PM

It was Dirk's league in 05-07 no matter what way you want to look at it. Kobe just never had the clear cut best production AND team success . Guys like CP3, Dirk, Wade, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq have had this more than Kobe has......

Not trolling btw, I put him in for '06 but that could easily be Dirk's spot IMHO.

If you feel the need to say this, you probably shouldn't say anything.

Kobe just never had the clear cut best production AND team success . Guys like CP3, Dirk, Wade, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq have had this more than Kobe has......

And here's the fault in your logic.. You have Cp3 in 08, Who finished behind Kobes team with Cp3 having a superior cast, and lost MVP to Kobe & whose team was trashed in the playoffs yet somehow he was better than Kobe based off production and team success.. :roll: :roll:

Rocketswin2013
06-21-2014, 03:33 PM
If you feel the need to say this, you probably shouldn't say anything.

And here's the fault in your logic.. You have Cp3 in 08, Who finished behind Kobes team with Cp3 having a superior cast, and lost MVP to Kobe & whose team was trashed in the playoffs yet somehow he was better than Kobe based off production and team success.. :roll: :roll:
Supporting casts....Really not my argument...Kobe had at most, IIRC, 2 more wins for his team than CP3 had...CP3 slammed the league that year and was better than Kobe on both ends. Doing shit Magic couldn't even do...It's still a '?' to this day how Kobe even got that award. But really this isn't a argument for me or you. I'm a borderline CP3 stan, and you obviously like Kobe. We just won't agree.

And btw the MVP award is a regular season award. CP3 is undoubtedly had a better regular season. The only debate is supporting casts and eye-test(lol).

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 03:37 PM
99- Duncan
00- Shaq
01- Shaq/Kobe/AI
02- Shaq/Duncan/Kobe
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Nash/Shaq
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Kobe/Lebron/Durant
11-Lebron/Wade/Rose
12-Lebron/Kd
13-Lebron/KD
14-KD/Lebron

MiseryCityTexas
06-21-2014, 03:41 PM
If you don't remember when Alonzo Mourning used to play for the Hornets. If you don't rememember when Zo used to jack up three pointers on the Hornets, and actually knock them down, then I won't take your basketball knowledge seriously at all.

Dresta
06-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Tried to read it for the first time.. cringed through the Mourning bit.

What a bunch of garbage.

It's one thing to have a controversial opinion, it's another to be pretty much alone on the subject... Never seen Alonzo as best player in the World, for any year.
So Zo didn't have a bigger impact than Shaq in game 6 of the 2006 finals? Did you even watch that series? I'm the only person in the world of the opinion that Shaq played poorly in the 2006 finals? Give me a ****ing break.

I'm guessing you are actually too young to even remember that year.

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Supporting casts....Really not my argument...Kobe had at most, IIRC, 2 more wins for his team than CP3 had...CP3 slammed the league that year and was better than Kobe on both ends. Doing shit Magic couldn't even do...It's still a '?' to this day how Kobe even got that award. But really this isn't a argument for me or you. I'm a borderline CP3 stan, and you obviously like Kobe. We just won't agree.

And btw the MVP award is a regular season award. CP3 is undoubtedly had a better regular season. The only debate is supporting casts and eye-test(lol).

Kobe was better in the regular season, led the lakers to the top seed with injuries to Bynum and Pau (who he only had for half the year) while Cp3 played next to all star David West all year a long with a very very good roster, better supporting cast than Kobe.

08 isn't the only hole in your ranking logic tho, 02 Duncan doesn't have the team succes to beat out Shaq, nor does Lebron in 09/10 over Kobe nor by your own criteria and ranking does Lebron have any argument over dirk in 11.

blood yes
06-21-2014, 03:51 PM

I know ur a stupid troll who likes to suck on LeBron's dick, but did you even bother reading the guide? I put Duncan as top dog in 2003, and I even said BY FAR. Nothing is "controversial" about my guide if u actually read it dumb****

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 03:56 PM
So Zo didn't have a bigger impact than Shaq in game 6 of the 2006 finals? Did you even watch that series? I'm the only person in the world of the opinion that Shaq played poorly in the 2006 finals? Give me a ****ing break.

I'm guessing you are actually too young to even remember that year.

:wtf:

I was talking about 1999..

99- Duncan
00- Shaq
01- Shaq/Kobe/AI
02- Shaq/Duncan/Kobe
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Nash/Shaq
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Kobe/Lebron/Durant
11-Lebron/Wade/Rose
12-Lebron/Kd
13-Lebron/KD
14-KD/Lebron

That list is even more laughable than SexSymbol's.. ugh, just saying that name.

You sure like to pair LeBron with someone else every year huh

Kobe in 2002 and 2003 :roll:

2011 Rose over Dirk :roll:

Wade not mentioned in 06 :roll:

KD mentioned with LeBron in 12 / 13 :roll:

I gotta stop... there's too much wrong in that li, piece of garbage.

I know ur a stupid troll who likes to suck on LeBron's dick, but did you even bother reading the guide? I put Duncan as top dog in 2003, and I even said BY FAR. Nothing is "controversial" about my guide if u actually read it dumb****

Whats your guide, son? Saying your list is unbiased?

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 03:57 PM
That kid probably thinks Kobe was top 5 in 2000 too :roll:

I didn't read the entire thread though. Thought I'd spare my brain the ****ery of revisionist history. Like from our neighborhood nutcase, pauk :lol

:oldlol:

lol yea 07 is a bit too early for LeBron to be the league's best player

blood yes
06-21-2014, 04:24 PM

lol yea 07 is a bit too early for LeBron to be the league's best player
:hammerhead: :blah :blah :blah :hammerhead:

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 05:31 PM
99- Duncan
00- Shaq
01- Shaq/Kobe/AI
02- Shaq/Duncan/Kobe
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Nash/Shaq
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Kobe/Lebron/Durant
11-Lebron/Wade/Rose
12-Lebron/Kd
13-Lebron/KD
14-KD/Lebron

Player to player, using data and empirical evidence to fortify your opinion, how was Kobe a better player than Wade and LeBron in 2009?

And how the HELL was he a better player than LeBron in 2010?

MadeFromDust
06-21-2014, 06:14 PM
what kind of a lulz name is "blood yes"? :roll:

NumberSix
06-21-2014, 06:36 PM
1999: Shaq
2005: Shaq
2007: LeBron
2008: LeBron
2009: LeBron/Wade
2011: LeBron

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Player to player, using data and empirical evidence to fortify your opinion, how was Kobe a better player than Wade and LeBron in 2009?

09: regular season of 27/5/5, playoffs of 30/5/6 with 2 steals and a block per game leads the team to 65 wins with Bynum missing 30+ games & Luke Walton starting 34 games, Vlad Ramonovic starting 28 games.

34/6/6 in the WCF 32/6/7 in the finals.. Only 30/5/5 finals since Jordan 600+ points in the playoffs

2010 is closer between Lebron & Kobe but I'd still take Kobe, who was better at keeping his teammates in the flow of the game while also being able to pick his spots and take over when needed. Can't remember if it was 09 or 10 but Kobe went off for 60 in a game, on a team that won the title that year, which is incredible because most title teams are deep enough to where no single player gets a chance to score 60

2010: 27/5/5 while again leading he team to the top seed, Bynum & Pau missing a combined 30+ games..

29/6/6 in the playoffs, Lebrons series against the celtics leaves a bad taste in 2010, almost visibly pouting on court and the elbow "injury"

While that same year Kobe puts together one of the more beautiful WCF performances in some time which displayed Kobes ability to change his game on the fly and become a distributor while not losing any edge in agressiveness on the scoring end

34/7/8 with a steal and block per game on 64% TS, 52% FG

Had a very good finals, which should have ended in 6 games but nobody besides Kobe showed up in game 5 where he has 38/5/4, even JVG was saying Kobe was FMVP regardless of the outcome of the series, and for anybody who wants to harp on FG%..Dirk shot 1% higher the next year in the finals and everybody praised it.

Kobe was the definition of a leader in 09 & 10, adapting his game to his teams needs while leading a cast of guys with no prior playoff success to 2 straight championships

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 06:59 PM
:wtf:

I was talking about 1999..

That list is even more laughable than SexSymbol's.. ugh, just saying that name.

You sure like to pair LeBron with someone else every year huh

Kobe in 2002 and 2003 :roll:

2011 Rose over Dirk :roll:

Wade not mentioned in 06 :roll:

KD mentioned with LeBron in 12 / 13 :roll:

I gotta stop... there's too much wrong in that li, piece of garbage.

Whats your guide, son? Saying your list is unbiased?

You're an idiot if you don't see Kobes case for being a top 2 player in the league in 03.

Bran in 11 shits the bed in the finals, no chance at soley being best player, can't believe I actually put him at the top that year. Wade& Dirk were better. Rose was righ there all year also

Wade was a top player in 06

Wade & Dirk were on the same level in 11, rose won MVP and deserves a mention.

Kobe is paired with a player basically every year aswell ya moron

Kobe was top 3 no question in 02

Fck outta here

T_L_P
06-21-2014, 07:03 PM
99- Duncan
00- Shaq
01- Shaq/Kobe/AI
02- Shaq/Duncan/Kobe
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Nash/Shaq
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Kobe/Lebron/Durant
11-Lebron/Wade/Rose
12-Lebron/Kd
13-Lebron/KD
14-KD/Lebron

Good god. :facepalm

Duncan was the MVP, Finals MVP, and had the most win shares ever in a postseason. And apparently Kobe is right there with him?

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 07:05 PM
Good god. :facepalm

Duncan was the MVP, Finals MVP, and had the most win shares ever in a postseason. And apparently Kobe is right there with him?

I put him at the top, wtf are you bitching about :roll:

Kobe put up 30/6/7 on elite defense and was a top 3 MVP candidate.

But it's ridiculous to think he was the 2nd best player?

:facepalm

T_L_P
06-21-2014, 07:07 PM
1999: Shaq
2005: Shaq
2007: LeBron
2008: LeBron
2009: LeBron/Wade
2011: LeBron

So Duncan sweeps Shaq in 99, completely outplays him, goes on to win the title..and yet Shaq was the player of the year.

Shaq beats Duncan in 02, doesn't outplay in any sense of the word, goes on to win the title...and Shaq is still the best player.

If you give 99 to Shaq you have to give him 03 too. At least stay consistent troll.

NumberSix
06-21-2014, 07:17 PM
So Duncan sweeps Shaq in 99, completely outplays him, goes on to win the title..and yet Shaq was the player of the year.

Shaq beats Duncan in 02, doesn't outplay in any sense of the word, goes on to win the title...and Shaq is still the best player.

If you give 99 to Shaq you have to give him 03 too. At least stay consistent troll.
Spurs swept Lakers guy. It's not singles tennis.

BasedTom
06-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Finally a poster on the NBA board that wasn't in diapers in 1999.

Zo was great

T_L_P
06-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Spurs swept Lakers guy. It's not singles tennis.

Fact still remains Duncan destroyed Shaq, even though his Lakers went into the season the title favourites.

If you gave Shaq 99, why didn't you give him 03? He went into both years the title favourite, had a better statistical regular season than Duncan (with a worse record), and ended losing in the second round to him. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

LakersFan626
06-21-2014, 07:34 PM

It was Dirk's league in 05-07 no matter what way you want to look at it. Kobe just never had the clear cut best production AND team success. Guys like CP3, Dirk, Wade, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq have had this more than Kobe has......

05- Lost to the Suns
06- Choked in the Finals
07- Lost in the first round to the Warriors

No.

Also where are CP3's rings if he had more production and team success than Kobe? Kobe in 08-10 negates your claim.

99- Duncan (Shaq was still immature until Phil came)
00- Shaq
01- Shaq
02- Shaq
03- Duncan
04- KG
05- Duncan
06- Kobe
07- Kobe
08- Kobe
09- Kobe
10- Kobe
11- Dirk
12- LeBron
13- LeBron
14- LeBron

Using stats and production alone to determine the best is inaccurate. Defense, mental toughness (basically the "eye test"), all around skill set (jumper, post game, footwork, etc.), playoff stats/results (saying Kobe can't be the best player because of 6-24 while naming LEBRON the best that year despite his game 5 against Boston where he quit is really big irony), also come into play. Basketball is as much of a mental game as it is a game where you put the ball in the hoop and people like Kobe and MJ excel at that area, hence why they were the best player so often (MJ was the best every year he won it all and a couple years before his first three peat as well).

blood yes
06-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Finally a poster on the NBA board that wasn't in diapers in 1999.

Zo was great
Thanks bro!

Oh, and also, I will be editing in the top dogs for 2007-2010 soon, so hold on!

Shep
06-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks bro!

Oh, and also, I will be editing in the top dogs for 2007-2010 soon, so hold on!
Your best bet would be to just take my list and add a picture

aau
06-22-2014, 02:01 PM
I guess, but I consider myself pretty close to being completely unbiased. Also, all my biases are towards lesser-known players, so it wont affect my list.

shocked and amazed

awesome thread young man

very impressive - can't wait for the rest

will put together my couple of challenges thus far

Cold soul
06-22-2014, 02:14 PM
99-Duncan
00-Shaq
01-Shaq/Kobe
02-Shaq
03-Duncan
04-KG
05-Duncan
06-Kobe
07-Kobe
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Lebron/Kobe
11-Dirk
12-Lebron
13-Lebron
14-KD/Lebron

aau
06-22-2014, 05:37 PM

had to look it up but i'll give it a shot

defined as information acquired by observation or experimentation that's
recorded and analyzed by scientists as part of a scientific method

billy , , , is that you

but seriously , , wade is simple

nice regular season numbers 30/5/7 - - kobe 27/5/5
some nice playoff numbers 29/5/5 - - - kobe 30/5/5

but yall kill kobe for shooting 45% from the floor
you can not turn a blind eye to wade's .439 vs
hawk team that shot 42% as a unit and had
only one player that shot better than 42%

1stR - G7
joe Johnson 27/5/4 shot 10/19 .526
duane wade 31/3/4 shot 10/25 .400

LeBron

very good regular season 28/7/7 - - kobe 27/5/5
monster postseason run 35/9/7 - - - kobe 30/5/5

not impressed with the comp but these are impressive

38/8/7 vs det
47/12/8 vs atl
49/6/8 vs orl
44/12/7 vs orl

doesn't blow away an out-of-prime kobe

41/6/5 vs den
35/6/10 vs den
40/8/8 vs orl
dropped 61 rsg

empirically speaking

you need more than that to knock off a guy with a record setting
back-to-back fmvp playoff run that included knocking off an
unprecedented four fifty game winners and 32/5/7 final

all on his watch

even knocked off the team that took him out

same deal

bron 40/8/8 -- 39/10/8 -- 38/8/7

kobe 40/5/5 - - 36/9/11 - 38/7/10

and this is old kobe

got any next generation type stuff

he hasn't touched kobe's 50/8/5/3 or 48/16 yet

blood yes
06-24-2014, 09:11 PM
bumpp:cheers: :cheers: :pimp: :pimp: :cheers:

blood yes
06-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Turn up:cheers: :pimp:

G.O.A.T
06-25-2014, 11:04 AM
1999: Alonzo Mourning

Now, before you go all crazy on me, I dont think people today realize just how incredible Alonzo Mourning was in his prime. The fact that they lost to the 8th seed Knicks, plus the fact that Mourning was terrible in his later years, not to mention that Mourning has 1 "role player" ring, makes him incredibly underrated.

On the defensive end, Mourning was dominant in 99, averaging FOUR blocks a game. He was 2nd place in MVP voting to Malone, who only won because the Jazz had a better record. Mourning was no doubt better than Shaq and Duncan, as Duncan/Shaq at the time were both young.

Shaq in 99 was not the defensive player or the excellent passer he became when Phil entered the scene a year later, and Duncan was still young and not yet at the peak of his powers. Malone was no longer a dominant offensive player, and his defensive skills were half of what Mourning was.

I see people trying to compare DWIGHT HOWARD to Mourning on this forum, and it makes me cry. Either people are really young here, or they are comparing 2006 mourning to d12. Mourning is TWO TIERS ABOVE Howard. In fact, I'd say Mourning today would be averaging 26/13/5. he was THAT dominant. On the defensive end, he was just as good as Duncan/Ben Wallace. Mourning was a force to be reckoned with in 99, and if the Knicks didnt hit that game winner, the Heat would have gone to the finals that year, and who knows what Mourning could have done to the twin towers in Texas.

Alonzo Mourning, whether you like it or not, belongs in the tier of shaq and duncan, and is a top 30, yes i said it, top THIRTY player of all time. Anyone who tries to compare him to Dwight, or even Ewing, is out of their mind. Mourning was on a truly elite level on the defensive end, and people only underrate him because of their hate for the heat, or because of his lack of a long peak. Mourning would definitely be the best player in the NBA today, and yes, that includes King James, though it would be ridiculously close, with the King a much more dominant offensive player, Mourning more dominant defensively.

Hard for me to see an unbiased argument for Mourning. I agree that he has been underrated since he was forced into premature retirement and returned as a role player, but you're exaggerating his greatness I feel.

As you noted in 1999 the Heat lost in the first round while the Spurs went on to win the NBA title lead by Duncan. Duncan dominated Mourning in every head to head meeting the two ever had, it's not even close. They only played like six or seven times during each others prime and the Heat didn't play versus Shaq or Duncan during the '99 season, so it's hard to site just the '99 season, but looking at the years around it, Mourning does not stack up.

Additionally, Ewing always held his own against Mourning and while the two were both in their primes (93-97) in fact he usually outplayed Mourning. He averaged 33 and 12 against him in '93 and averaged more points and rebounds versus Mourning over their careers.

Be curious if you could expand on why you picked Mourning in 1999?

blood yes
06-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Hard for me to see an unbiased argument for Mourning. I agree that he has been underrated since he was forced into premature retirement and returned as a role player, but you're exaggerating his greatness I feel.

As you noted in 1999 the Heat lost in the first round while the Spurs went on to win the NBA title lead by Duncan. Duncan dominated Mourning in every head to head meeting the two ever had, it's not even close. They only played like six or seven times during each others prime and the Heat didn't play versus Shaq or Duncan during the '99 season, so it's hard to site just the '99 season, but looking at the years around it, Mourning does not stack up.

Additionally, Ewing always held his own against Mourning and while the two were both in their primes (93-97) in fact he usually outplayed Mourning. He averaged 33 and 12 against him in '93 and averaged more points and rebounds versus Mourning over their careers.

Be curious if you could expand on why you picked Mourning in 1999?

I think you are looking too much into the offensive side of the ball. Mourning was a defensive MONSTER, the 4 blocks he averaged were only 5% of the story. He made an impact on every shot that headed towards the hoop. He was tough, aggressive, and a vicious beast. He was better than shaq, because despite shaq's incredible stats, without Phil, he had no passing ability or defensive skill. Mourning was a much better defender than Duncan was, and his offense was nearly just as good.

Put Mourning on that 99 Spurs team and they would fare just as well, if not better than Duncan did with that team. Mourning is arguably the best defensive player of all time, definitely the best in the post-Jordan era, and that includes Ben Wallace and Ron Artest.

G.O.A.T
06-25-2014, 07:38 PM
I think you are looking too much into the offensive side of the ball. Mourning was a defensive MONSTER, the 4 blocks he averaged were only 5% of the story. He made an impact on every shot that headed towards the hoop. He was tough, aggressive, and a vicious beast. He was better than shaq, because despite shaq's incredible stats, without Phil, he had no passing ability or defensive skill. Mourning was a much better defender than Duncan was, and his offense was nearly just as good.

Mourning was excellent defensively, but lets not get carried away. Ewing and Shaq scored 40 on him, he was only about 6'9" and while I agree with most of the words you use to describe him, I don't see how it makes him better than someone like Duncan who won the title and was better than Mourning in big situations. And again though they did not meet that season, Duncan had his way with Mourning whenever they did.

As far as Shaq's defense and passing, he was a much better passer than Mourning, Mourning was Dwight Howard esque in the post, almost no moves and never looked comfortable. Shaq was an average defender for his size and abilities but it didn't hinder his domination during his peak years. Mourning's Heat teams always struggled in the postseason, not blaming him, but he was, to me, just a notch below those elite centers, even at his peak.

Put Mourning on that 99 Spurs team and they would fare just as well, if not better than Duncan did with that team. Mourning is arguably the best defensive player of all time, definitely the best in the post-Jordan era, and that includes Ben Wallace and Ron Artest.

You can't do better than winning a title. I don't think Mourning on the team is a lock for a title, and I know that's not an argument as to why he's better than Duncan. As far as best defensive player of all-time...NO. I wouldn't even put him above his college teammate Mutombo.

blood yes
06-26-2014, 12:20 AM
About ready to post 2007-2010! Get Ready!!:pimp:

Heavincent
06-26-2014, 12:34 AM
1999 - Shaq
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Shaq
2004 - Garnett
2005 - Garnett
2006 - Wade
2007 - Lebron
2008 - Lebron
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Lebron

ShackEelOKneel
06-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Didn't bother to continue reading the OP after the Mourning post. Loved Mourning, but just stupid to say that he is on Shaq's level. Should have stopped reading when the OP acknowledged never seeing Jordan play in 1998 because of the poster's youth, yet somehow thinks he has vast knowledge of 1999.

Nowitness
06-26-2014, 06:42 AM
:facepalm for putting Shaqwhale over KG in 04.

Really doe GP was the best in 1999/2000, Shaq could have put up 50/25, still wouldn't touch GP.

blood yes
06-27-2014, 03:39 AM
Making finishing touches on 2007-2010 BE READY!!!:pimp:

L.A. Jazz
06-27-2014, 04:15 AM
i dont know if i am ready but bring it out. :D

mugiwara
06-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Making finishing touches on 2007-2010 BE READY!!!:pimp:

:applause: i wait wet in anticipation

Marlo_Stanfield
06-27-2014, 10:26 AM
2007-2014
LeGOAT Raymone James:bowdown: :bowdown:

Purch
06-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Duncan was clearly the best player in 03

blood yes
06-28-2014, 03:24 AM
Duncan was clearly the best player in 03
Thats what I said...

Do you even bother reading the guide, or do you people on ISH just try to find ways to hate on anything you see...

LA Lakers
06-28-2014, 06:58 AM
You lost me at Alonzo Mourning, and then really lost me with C Webb.

blood yes
07-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Added in 2007 and 2008

blood yes
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Added in 2007 and 2008
Added in 2007/2008, 2009 and 2010 coming soon

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Kobe over LeBron in '07 IMO. It's debatable though.

blood yes
07-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Kobe over LeBron in '07 IMO. It's debatable though.
How? Did you read my guide?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 06:38 PM
No I stopped reading when you said it was his best year as a pro...I can think of 5 off the top of my head clearly better

blood yes
07-05-2014, 06:49 PM
No I stopped reading when you said it was his best year as a pro...I can think of 5 off the top of my head clearly better
LOLL

You're looking too much into statistics, and not impact.

In terms of IMPACT on a team, 07 LeBron was the best. He took a terrible team to the finals, and had a legendary performance against Detroit in the ECF game 5, something he will never be able to replicate ever again.

blood yes
07-05-2014, 08:27 PM
bumpp:cheers: :pimp: :cheers: :cheers: :pimp:

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2014, 08:46 PM
OP is insanely retarded :facepalm

2007 was LeBron's "worst" year besides his fuggin rookie season... Just the previous year he was better. Lmfao...

Can't even describe how much better he was from 09-on out... He himself just last year said "I'm 100x times better than in 2007", and he was/is.

Stop this garbage.

blood yes
07-05-2014, 08:50 PM
OP is insanely retarded :facepalm

2007 was LeBron's "worst" year besides his fuggin rookie season... Just the previous year he was better. Lmfao...

Can't even describe how much better he was from 09-on out... He himself just last year said "I'm 100x times better than in 2007", and he was/is.

Stop this garbage.
You're ****ing stupid you dumb LeBron **** sucking ******

First of all, EVERYONE says that they're better then they were before. LeBron isn't going to say he declined since 2007.

SECOND, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you weren't a ****ing dumbass and knew how to read, you would realize that I said most "accomplished", not most talented you ****ing dumb****. Of course LeBron was a better player in 2012, but LeBron did the most in 2007

blood yes
07-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Bumpp

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 11:13 PM
LOLL

You're looking too much into statistics, and not impact.

In terms of IMPACT on a team, 07 LeBron was the best. He took a terrible team to the finals, and had a legendary performance against Detroit in the ECF game 5, something he will never be able to replicate ever again.

I didn't mention stats once. '07 LeBron is far from his best impact wise.

And Boston game 6 is comparable to that Detroit performance.

If I had to rank his career:

Years within the groups are debatable.

blood yes
07-05-2014, 11:40 PM
I didn't mention stats once. '07 LeBron is far from his best impact wise.

And Boston game 6 is comparable to that Detroit performance.

If I had to rank his career:

Years within the groups are debatable.

So a year where he took an absolute TERRIBLE cavs team with daniel boobie gibson (who is an excellent 3 point shooter and good perimeter defender, but not a starter level point guard) is worse than a year where he achieved less in the playoffs with a better team? AKA Jameison, Shaq, and Mo Williams?

RoundMoundOfReb
07-05-2014, 11:45 PM
So a year where he took an absolute TERRIBLE cavs team with daniel boobie gibson (who is an excellent 3 point shooter and good perimeter defender, but not a starter level point guard) is worse than a year where he achieved less in the playoffs with a better team? AKA Jameison, Shaq, and Mo Williams?

Yes. They played a much better team in '10.

blood yes
07-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Added in 2009 and 2010:cheers: :cheers:

houston
07-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Zo wasn't no best player in 99:roll:

blood yes
07-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Added in 2011, explanation coming soon...

blood yes
07-06-2014, 01:43 AM
bump...

blood yes
07-18-2014, 12:49 AM
bump...
2011 is nearly completed :cheers: :pimp: :party:

Dragic4Life
07-18-2014, 12:51 AM
blood yes is clearly a Kobetard.

blood yes
07-18-2014, 12:52 AM
blood yes is clearly a Kobetard.
Which is why i give lebron james player of the year in 2007, and 2009 :rolleyes:

Im unbiased towards nearly all players ( except daniel gibson, ricky rubio, jeremy lin, and toure murray)

blood yes
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
2011 is nearly completed :cheers: :pimp: :party:
Woot woot :party: :party:

Magic 32
07-18-2014, 02:17 PM
2007 was a down year for an already shitty eastern conference.

Joe Dumars had broken the defensive spell of the Pistons by adding Flip Saunders and Chris Webber (while trading Ben Wallace).

The Heat had collapsed with Shaq's sudden decline.

And Boston was still a year away from forming the big 3.

The east was simply GARBAGE in 2007.

Lebron's playoff run should not give him the edge that year.

He shot 41% for god sake!!!

blood yes
07-18-2014, 05:04 PM

Joe Dumars had broken the defensive spell of the Pistons by adding Flip Saunders and Chris Webber (while trading Ben Wallace).

Game 5. Nuff said.

G.O.A.T
07-18-2014, 05:08 PM

Ben Wallace signed with Chicago. He was not traded. Chicago gave him way too much money and Dumars was smart not to counter.

Larry Brown forced himself out.

I'm not putting him at number one for 2007, but I might have in that moment.

What he did in game five was unreal. No one else playing at that time could have done it.

blood yes
07-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Ben Wallace signed with Chicago. He was not traded. Chicago gave him way too much money and Dumars was smart not to counter.

Larry Brown forced himself out.

I'm not putting him at number one for 2007, but I might have in that moment.

What he did in game five was unreal. No one else playing at that time could have done it.
Thanks bro, haha. Metro Detroiter spreading the TRUTH
:cheers:

blood yes
07-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Just added explanation for 2011, 2012 coming soon.

Enjoy:cheers: :pimp::party:

RRR3
07-23-2014, 07:47 PM
99- Duncan
00- Shaq
01- Shaq/Kobe/AI
02- Shaq/Duncan/Kobe
03-Duncan/Kobe
04-KG
05-Nash/Shaq
06-Kobe
07-Kobe/Dirk
08-Kobe
09-Kobe/Wade/Lebron
10-Kobe/Lebron/Durant
11-Lebron/Wade/Rose
12-Lebron/Kd
13-Lebron/KD
14-KD/Lebron
How on earth...? LeBron was far and away the best player in 12 and 13, not even close. :biggums:

blood yes
07-23-2014, 09:20 PM
How on earth...? LeBron was far and away the best player in 12 and 13, not even close. :biggums:
he's a kobe stan, lol

blood yes
08-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Bump

blood yes
08-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Bump

riseagainst
08-19-2014, 09:54 AM
interesting list especially 02 Webber and 07 Lebron.

blood yes
08-19-2014, 01:17 PM
interesting list especially 02 Webber and 07 Lebron.

Heavincent
08-19-2014, 02:15 PM
99 Duncan
00 Shaq
01 Shaq/Kobe
02 Shaq
03 Duncan
04 KG
05 Duncan
06 Kobe
07 Kobe
08 Kobe
09 Kobe/Lebron/Wade
10 Kobe
11 Dirk
12 Lebron
13 Lebron
14 Lebron

blood yes
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Bump
:cheers: :pimp:

blood yes
08-21-2014, 09:42 PM
:cheers: :pimp:
:cheers:

blood yes
08-25-2014, 07:06 PM
After 2 weeks of hard research, ready to add 2012:cheers:

blood yes
08-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Adding in 2013 as well, a little treat:cheers: :cheers:

blood yes
08-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Added in 2014, along with a ranking of the players. Feel free to discuss now, as the guide is now completed for at least another 9 months!

Fork
08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Nice list, but expected KD to take the 2014. No hate though, good job :applause:

blood yes
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Nice list, but expected KD to take the 2014. No hate though, good job :applause:

And dont worry, KD still isnt in his prime yet, and he definitely has a chance to be the POY on my list in the near future, maybe even this upcoming season if he shows major improvement in his game!

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Great thread. I like your emphasis on LeBron's game against Detroit in 2007... That is still the most magnificent performance I've seen by anyone not named Michael Jordan.

blood yes
08-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Great thread. I like your emphasis on LeBron's game against Detroit in 2007... That is still the most magnificent performance I've seen by anyone not named Michael Jordan.
Thanks man!

Did you also know, that LeBron's 25 straight points against Detroit in game 5, is an NBA PLAYOFF RECORD?! Just found out today. Incredible, considering the large amount of scorers that have played in the NBA.

Prometheus
08-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks man!

Did you also know, that LeBron's 25 straight points against Detroit in game 5, is an NBA PLAYOFF RECORD?! Just found out today. Incredible, considering the large amount of scorers that have played in the NBA.

Was it the most scored consecutively, period? Or just the most scored consecutively to finish a game?

If the latter, it's still incredible.

If the former, it's absolutely transcendent.

This was a 22-year old...

Game five of a 2-2 series...

On the road...

Against a team with championship experience...

And he scored every last point of theirs in BOTH overtimes...

Scoring in every way imaginable.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. Kev, Rob, and Melissa up in my room drinking and playing board games while we watched it. By the time the first OT was halfway through, we were all just mesmerized. I get chills thinking about it.

blood yes
08-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Was it the most scored consecutively, period? Or just the most scored consecutively to finish a game?

If the latter, it's still incredible.

If the former, it's absolutely transcendent.

This was a 22-year old...

Game five of a 2-2 series...

On the road...

Against a team with championship experience...

And he scored every last point of theirs in BOTH overtimes...

Scoring in every way imaginable.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. Kev, Rob, and Melissa up in my room drinking and playing board games while we watched it. By the time the first OT was halfway through, we were all just mesmerized. I get chills thinking about it.

Found it here as i was researching

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_LeBron_James

Go to section 6.2

blood yes
08-27-2014, 11:19 PM
bump :cheers: :cheers: :rockon: :pimp:

blood yes
08-31-2014, 10:14 PM
swag bump :cheers: :cheers: :rockon: :pimp:

blood yes
09-07-2014, 01:49 PM
turn up bump :rockon: :rockon: :cheers: :cheers: :pimp:

blood yes
09-09-2014, 10:38 PM
BUMP SWAG:rockon:

blood yes
10-01-2014, 10:06 PM
October bump swag:cheers: :pimp:

PsychoBe
10-01-2014, 10:13 PM
bran was not better than KD :facepalm

you put bran over kobe in 2009 in spite of kobe winning the title, getting FMVP, and leading his team to the promised land, yet put bran over KD who put up legendary stats in the rs and averaged nearly 30/9/4 in the playoffs against top level competition.

you're gonna have to run this by me again because if bran gets the nod for his play while winning ONE game in the magic series, why the hell shouldn't the reigning MVP get his due for having more wins against the spurs than Bran did :oldlol:

and i love how you didn't mention KD's countless game-winners and his legendary scoring streak, as well as getting more wins in the year than bran did (another thing you gave him the nod over kobe for) without having westbrook for the majority of the season as well.

HurricaneKid
10-02-2014, 12:51 PM

you put bran over kobe in 2009 in spite of kobe winning the title, getting FMVP, and leading his team to the promised land, yet put bran over KD who put up legendary stats in the rs and averaged nearly 30/9/4 in the playoffs against top level competition.

you're gonna have to run this by me again because if bran gets the nod for his play while winning ONE game in the magic series, why the hell shouldn't the reigning MVP get his due for having more wins against the spurs than Bran did :oldlol:

and i love how you didn't mention KD's countless game-winners and his legendary scoring streak, as well as getting more wins in the year than bran did (another thing you gave him the nod over kobe for) without having westbrook for the majority of the season as well.

Sorry, 08/09 LeBron was the best player in the last 20 years.

And suggesting that KD wasn't a terrible disappointment this postseason is kinda cute. Meanwhile 09 LeBron set the postseason record for WS/48.

Not close.

blood yes
10-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Bumpers:cheers: :cheers:

riseagainst
10-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry, 08/09 LeBron was the best player in the last 20 years.

And suggesting that KD wasn't a terrible disappointment this postseason is kinda cute. Meanwhile 09 LeBron set the postseason record for WS/48.

Not close.

:hammerhead:

i'll give you 10, but 20?

Jlamb47

your list is worst then OP....TRASH

ArbitraryWater

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0k3Z0dIUAAf3Mn.jpg

HurricaneKid
10-24-2014, 06:23 PM
:hammerhead:

i'll give you 10, but 20?

20 takes us to MJs first retirement. I'm perfectly comfortable giving him that.

Without LeBron the Cavs were -5.6 points per 100 possessions. Thats generally ~bottom 4-5 in the league. Instead, the Cavs won 66 games, top 10 record of all time. Adjusted +/- was over 1000. Never seen another one over 900.

Best RAPM ever, etc. And it was all one on four stuff.

Shep
10-24-2014, 06:50 PM
your list is worst then OP....TRASH
what kind of loser calls facts trash?

blood yes
12-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Bumpers:cheers: :cheers:

blood yes
03-25-2015, 09:46 PM
The 2015 season is coming to an end:cheers: :cheers:

I am now ready to start a 7-12 week process of deciding who the player of 2015 is, with intensive research and studying.

For now, it seems to be Stephen Curry at 1 and LeBron James at 2 but that could change after the postseason

Magic 32
03-28-2015, 01:52 AM
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Durant
2015 - Westbrook

dubeta
03-28-2015, 01:56 AM
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Durant
2015 - Westbrook

LeBron has been the best player in the league for more seasons than Kobe and Durant combined :applause:

Magic 32
03-28-2015, 02:14 AM
LeBron has been the best player in the league for more seasons than Kobe and Durant combined :applause:

No quality big man era and Durant's injury.

If you had 2009+ big men spread out to the entire 21 century = Kobe 2003-2008. Maybe even 2001-2008.

dubeta
03-28-2015, 02:16 AM
No quality big man era and Durant's injury.

Me being banned or not does nothing to change the superiority between LeBron and his 'peers'.

Magic 32
03-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Me being banned or not does nothing to change the superiority between LeBron and his 'peers'.

Lebron's "player of the year" reign is based on the lack of great players who were willing to sacrifice themselves in the regular season.

Only now does Lebron and his fans understand what Kobe was doing in 2009 and 2010.

http://s22.postimg.org/t4pwv806p/fgh.jpg

And again, no great big men since 2008.

But hey, I'm sure Lebron was happy with his longer "reign"...

http://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2009/06/large_2f4108f5a8bcfbb3e1bb4f23b5531aa4.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/plutoblog_impact/photo/lebron-james-1jpg-494c21aa9d8e4e1f.jpg

http://thesportspost.com/content/blogs/icons/LeBron.jpg

Prime_Shaq
03-28-2015, 02:51 AM
1999- Shaq
2000- Shaq
2001- Shaq
2002- Shaq
2003- Duncan
2004- KG
2005- Duncan
2006- Wade
2007- Kobe
2008- Kobe
2009- Wade
2010- LeBron
2011- LeBron
2012- LeBron
2013- LeBron
2014- Durant
2015- LeBron (Curry/Harden for MVP though)

ArbitraryWater
03-28-2015, 07:17 AM
2000 - Shaq
2001 - Shaq
2002 - Shaq
2003 - Duncan
2004 - Duncan
2005 - Duncan
2006 - Kobe
2007 - Kobe
2008 - Kobe
2009 - Lebron
2010 - Lebron
2011 - Lebron
2012 - Lebron
2013 - Lebron
2014 - Durant
2015 - Westbrook

Be honest... 2014 & 2015 = LeBron, you just don't want the reign to be this long :kobe:

SwayDizzle
03-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Kobe was def the best player in the league from 06-10. Lebron's reign started in 2011. Which is why his 2011 finals was such a disappointment. He was the best and was expected to play like the best

Magic 32
03-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Be honest... 2014 & 2015 = LeBron, you just don't want the reign to be this long :kobe:

What qualified Lebron for 2014?

Beating the Nets?

ArbitraryWater
03-28-2015, 02:45 PM
What qualified Lebron for 2014?

Beating the Nets?

Still the best playoff Performer..

Not a bad series in 4 rounds, where as KD had 2 in 3 rounds... be real, if LeBron had pulled that first round you'd auto ignore him from the discussion.

dubeta
03-28-2015, 02:49 PM
LeBron has more 'best' player in the league seasons than even Jordan

Heck, he might have more than Kobe and Jordan combined

LeBron - 8 seasons as best player in the league (2008-2015)

Jordan - 6 seasons (1989-1993) - (1997)

Kobe - 1 season (arguable) 2006*

Jordan and Kobe combined - 7 seasons

LeBron 8 seasons

Magic 32
03-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Still the best playoff Performer..

Not a bad series in 4 rounds, where as KD had 2 in 3 rounds... be real, if LeBron had pulled that first round you'd auto ignore him from the discussion.

1. Bobcats without their only good player (Jefferson).

2. The Nets

3. A dysfunctional Pacers team

So if you think putting up the emptiest numbers in NBA finals history while getting blown out like no superstar in NBA finals history is enough, then....:facepalm

Lebron against the Grizz and Clippers last year was no more consistent than Durant in the playoffs.

ShawkFactory
03-28-2015, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=SwayDizzle]Kobe was def the best player in the league from 06-10. Lebron's reign started in 2011. Which is why his 2011 finals was such a disappointment. He was the best and was expected to play like the best

IncarceratedBob
03-28-2015, 04:00 PM
niga said MOURNING in 99. HAHAHAHA. What a goddamned idiot.

blood yes
03-28-2015, 04:30 PM
niga said MOURNING in 99. HAHAHAHA. What a goddamned idiot.
Didn't bother reading my guide, you're a dumb piece of shit

Mourning had a much better case for player of the year in 1999 over Shaq and Duncan than Westbrook does now in 2015 over LeBron

supernova5912
03-28-2015, 05:00 PM

Apparently, 19/11/5/0.4/1 on 50/20/67 is almost better than 28/6/5/1/.4 on 50/40/77. You're acting like Kobe didn't score 50 in Game 6 when he shot 5 of 7 in overtime including 2 threes while the rest of his team shot 0/3 and missed 2 crucial free throws. Wade was great that season but let's not act like his Finals performance was Jordanesque when he averaged 18 free throws a game. If you think Shawn Marion was better than Kobe, you're mentally retarded. Only ones aguably better than Kobe was Dirk/Wade and neither were.

ArbitraryWater
03-28-2015, 06:15 PM
1. Bobcats without their only good player (Jefferson).

2. The Nets

3. A dysfunctional Pacers team

So if you think putting up the emptiest numbers in NBA finals history while getting blown out like no superstar in NBA finals history is enough, then....:facepalm

Lebron against the Grizz and Clippers last year was no more consistent than Durant in the playoffs.

lmao... Jefferson played all but one game (the last one)... and was good too, 19/9 on 49%, stop making shit up.

The worse teams LeBron played, is made up by the fact that he dragged a depleted Heat team on, while KD played on a stacked team, with Westbrook as best player in the playoffs.

You're ****ing stupid you dumb LeBron **** sucking ******

First of all, EVERYONE says that they're better then they were before. LeBron isn't going to say he declined since 2007.

SECOND, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you weren't a ****ing dumbass and knew how to read, you would realize that I said most "accomplished", not most talented you ****ing dumb****. Of course LeBron was a better player in 2012, but LeBron did the most in 2007

Just going back through these posts, in a less hostile manner, let me tell you this:

NO matter what you call it... best, impact, "did the most".... 2007 LeBron won't be at the top of all LeBron versions. Won't even be top 5, 6 or 7... 2007 LeBron is the 3rd "worst" version of his, tied with '05 but better than '04.

blood yes
03-28-2015, 06:29 PM
lmao... Jefferson played all but one game (the last one)... and was good too, 19/9 on 49%, stop making shit up.

The worse teams LeBron played, is made up by the fact that he dragged a depleted Heat team on, while KD played on a stacked team, with Westbrook as best player in the playoffs.

Just going back through these posts, in a less hostile manner, let me tell you this:

NO matter what you call it... best, impact, "did the most".... 2007 LeBron won't be at the top of all LeBron versions. Won't even be top 5, 6 or 7... 2007 LeBron is the 3rd "worst" version of his, tied with '05 but better than '04.
LeBron took a POS team to the NBA finals at the age of 22 and had arguably a top 5 playoff performance of ALL TIME.

ArbitraryWater
03-28-2015, 06:35 PM
LeBron took a POS team to the NBA finals at the age of 22 and had arguably a top 5 playoff performance of ALL TIME.

I know he did... that was a horrible team, maybe the worst finals team ever, AND I consider that a top 3 performance of ALL TIME...

but the rest of his run, especially outside the ECF, wasn't very impressive... and he had one of his worser regular season, evidenced by him missing out on the All-NBA first team (irrelevant of me agreeing on that or not).

He was still a top candidate, since LeBron standarts are high, but I'd much rather go with Dirk (I know, I know... first round exit, but I would never take those six games over an epic MVP winning regular season, in which he carried probably the worst team to ever win 65-67+ games), or even Wade (pre-injury).

blood yes
03-28-2015, 06:46 PM
I know he did... that was a horrible team, maybe the worst finals team ever, AND I consider that a top 3 performance of ALL TIME...

but the rest of his run, especially outside the ECF, wasn't very impressive... and he had one of his worser regular season, evidenced by him missing out on the All-NBA first team (irrelevant of me agreeing on that or not).

He was still a top candidate, since LeBron standarts are high, but I'd much rather go with Dirk (I know, I know... first round exit, but I would never take those six games over an epic MVP winning regular season, in which he carried probably the worst team to ever win 65-67+ games), or even Wade (pre-injury).
They say that 1 performance could make or break you, and that is the case with LeBron's 2006-2007 season. Yes, in the regular season he wasn't up to par, but his incredible out-of-this-world performance in game 5 against Detroit more than made up for it. It's like if a guy who normally runs the 100m in 10.5 seconds all of a sudden beat the world record in his next race.

LeBron's game 5 performance was so great that it canceled out his regular season performances. The dude was jordanesque, heck maybe even beyond jordanesque

And lol at Dirk being #1 for 2007, even if it wasn't LeBron, I'd say Kobe was pretty clearly better than Dirk that season and Duncan too

Akrazotile
07-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Cops are coming

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 07:11 PM
Did this guy really put Webber as the best player in 2002...:biggums:

Did I really just read him say Webber 02 was better than Garnett 04?...:biggums:

Papaya Petee
07-28-2015, 09:04 PM
First off, your list is complete trash, Lebrons best career season in 2007? Zo in 99?:roll: Garnett not best in 04? Webber in 02?

Ok so, Kobe stans will say Kobe > Wade in 2006 because he had insane regular season stats.
35/5/5/1/.5 45% for Kobe vs 27/7/6/2/1 49% FG for Wade
they dont care that Wade had a 28/6/6/3/1 playoffs winning a FMVP after a 35/8/4/3/1 finals

But then they try to justify that 09 Kobe > Wade because he won the FMVP and Wade lost in the first round :roll:

Wade- 30/8/5/2/1 49% FG vs Kobe 27/5/5/1/0 46% FG
but they say Kobe had a 29/5/5/1 post season and a 32/7/5 finals.

complete double standard. Pick one you can have 06 or 09, but can't have both.

Rose'sACL
07-28-2015, 09:05 PM
First off, your list is complete trash, Lebrons best career season in 2007? Zo in 99?:roll: Garnett not best in 04? Webber in 02?

Ok so, Kobe stans will say Kobe > Wade in 2006 because he had insane regular season stats.
35/5/5/1/.5 45% for Kobe vs 27/7/6/2/1 49% FG for Wade
they dont care that Wade had a 28/6/6/3/1 playoffs winning a FMVP after a 35/8/4/3/1 finals

But then they try to justify that 09 Kobe > Wade because he won the FMVP and Wade lost in the first round :roll:

Wade- 30/8/5/2/1 49% FG vs Kobe 27/5/5/1/0 46% FG
but they say Kobe had a 29/5/5/1 post season and a 32/7/5 finals.

:roll: complete double standard. Pick one you can have 06 or 09, but can't have both.
i would give 06 to kobe and 09 to wade.

Papaya Petee
07-28-2015, 09:08 PM
i would give 06 to kobe and 09 to wade.
I agree 100%. But having Kobe better as both given the circumstances makes 0 sence

Dresta
07-28-2015, 10:10 PM
They also say inane things like 'but he only had a good finals, and that wos cos of refs!!' - completely ignoring the fact that Wade averaged 28/6/7/2/1 on 60TS% in the ECSF, and 27/5/6/2/2 on 68TS% in the ECF - if you value the playoffs over regular season (and it's not like his regular season numbers weren't impressive either), i really don't see how you can't give Wade best player that season. People are just reluctant because he was a 3rd year guy tbh...but he was one of the greatest 3rd year players i've ever seen (twas clearly no flash in the pan either, as he came out firing the next season, but got hurt, and struggled with injuries for a year and a half, but then came back in 09 and was one of the best players in the league again).

Fallen Angel
07-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Do you guys understand why this thread got bumped?

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2015, 11:27 PM

yea, because OP bumped it and then deleted his post.. like he did a hundred times in this thread.

Fallen Angel
07-28-2015, 11:35 PM
yea, because OP bumped it and then deleted his post.. like he did a hundred times in this thread.
check your PM

blood yes
07-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Edited with 2015!!!

Rocketswin2013
07-28-2015, 11:49 PM
Full season-wise(RS & PS).

00 Shaq
01 Shaq
02 Shaq
03 Duncan
04 Garnett
05 Duncan
06 Wade/Nowitzki
07 Duncan
08 Paul/Bryant
09 LeBron
10 LeBron
11 LeBron/Wade/Nowitzki
12 LeBron
13 LeBron
14 LeBron
15 LeBron/Harden/Curry

blood yes
07-29-2015, 12:19 AM
Full season-wise(RS & PS).

00 Shaq
01 Shaq
02 Shaq
03 Duncan
04 Garnett
05 Duncan
06 Wade/Nowitzki
07 Duncan
08 Paul/Bryant
09 LeBron
10 LeBron
11 LeBron/Wade/Nowitzki
12 LeBron
13 LeBron
14 LeBron
15 LeBron/Harden/Curry
LOL

Dresta
07-29-2015, 12:38 AM
No, and i don't care either.