PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Offer Blatt Head Coaching Job, Contract Being Negotiated

Meticode
06-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Sources state Blatt has accepted and they are negotiating the contract...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 16m
Sources: Cleveland has offered David Blatt its head coaching job, talks underway on a contract. http://yhoo.it/1qjawyP

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 14m
Multiple reports saying David Blatt has accepted the Cavs head coaching position.

unbreakable
06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
how long before kyrie gets this coach fired for trying to make him play defense?

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
never heard of him

he looks like coach k tho

http://www.shalomlife.com/img/2014/05/23526/blatt_.jpg

Meticode
06-19-2014, 07:54 PM
how long before kyrie gets this coach fired for trying to make him play defense?
Nil. Hasn't happened yet.

Also Jason Lloyd states nothing has been offered, although I find that hard to believe Woj is right on usually...

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 2m
#Cavs source insists job has not yet been offered to Blatt. Of course, that's not to say it won't happen, but hasn't yet.

Meticode
06-19-2014, 07:55 PM
never heard of him

he looks like coach k tho

http://www.shalomlife.com/img/2014/05/23526/blatt_.jpg
Legendary european coach. Took a team that wasn't favored at all to win the cup/championship and beat the heavily favored team in their "Finals".

Meticode
06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
A lot of news coming out of Cavs camp. Jazz and Cavs are in talks on swapping the #1 pick for the #5 pick+Favors-or-Kanter

D-Rose
06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
A lot of news coming out of Cavs camp. Jazz and Cavs are in talks on swapping the #1 pick for the #5 pick+Favors-or-Kanter
Wow, source?

And great hire for Cleveland. This is a visionary move. Something out of the box. Good on them.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-19-2014, 08:11 PM

Eh? Not sure why you do that in this draft. If you wanted a center so badly, should have took Noel last year. Who do they look at 5?

Meticode
06-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Eh? Not sure why you do that in this draft. If you wanted a center so badly, should have took Noel last year. Who do they look at 5?
Different GM, totally different situation.

Meticode
06-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Wow, source?

And great hire for Cleveland. This is a visionary move. Something out of the box. Good on them.
Probasketballdraft Twitter

TwentyThree
06-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA
Among NBA executives who've spent significant time overseas watching David Blatt, Cavs-Blatt partnership being met with tremendous reviews.
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/479795977247678464

I like this a lot :applause:

Cavalier
06-19-2014, 09:30 PM

Eww, please tell me that's a bogus rumor.

TheMilkyBarKid
06-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Haven't heard of him prior to this but sounds like a decent move.
I like #1 for #5 & favors/kanter if they aren't set on anyone.

bagelred
06-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Who?

EDIT: Just read he's an Israeli basketball coach? Smart move....always go with the Jews, can't go wrong....

VIntageNOvel
06-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Who?

EDIT: Just read he's an Israeli basketball coach? Smart move....always go with the Jews, can't go wrong....

:lol

1~Gibson~1
06-19-2014, 11:15 PM
http://youtu.be/CmlXPip1D1Q

D-Rose
06-19-2014, 11:19 PM
http://youtu.be/CmlXPip1D1Q
:roll: :roll:

NBA can't handle that on the "wired" segments.

1~Gibson~1
06-19-2014, 11:23 PM
:roll: :roll:

NBA can't handle that on the "wired" segments.
I like this guy already. he sounds like he knows what hes talking about and is immediately 10x better than Mike Brown ever was as an offensive coach :lol

Meticode
06-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Dude is trying to show a play and do his job and someone keeps talking. I'd be pissed too.

Meticode
06-19-2014, 11:47 PM
:oldlol:

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 1h
Was just told by a Cavs fan: "Don't know who David Blatt is but he looks like Coach K, so we'll be fine."

Meticode
06-19-2014, 11:48 PM
More news from Woj. I don't know if the Warriors had multiple positions open in GSW, but one the Cavs interviews which was Alvin Gentry agreed to join the Warriors staff, which is the same staff Blatt was might possibly join, so maybe this means Blatt to Cleveland is for sure? Unless there are multiple Warriors openings...

Retweeted by Woj...

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 56s
Alvin Gentry has agreed in principle to join Warriors staff, agent Warren LeGarie said.

LBJMVP
06-19-2014, 11:54 PM
I hate that. Why give up a chance to get one of the three best rookies in a while for two players that were top 5 picks are haven't played great? Sure they could have played better on other teams with different situations, but three drop off from 1 to 5 is toooo big this year.

LBJMVP
06-19-2014, 11:56 PM
More news from Woj. I don't know if the Warriors had multiple positions open in GSW, but one the Cavs interviews which was Alvin Gentry agreed to join the Warriors staff, which is the same staff Blatt was might possibly join, so maybe this means Blatt to Cleveland is for sure? Unless there are multiple Warriors openings...

Retweeted by Woj...

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 56s
Alvin Gentry has agreed in principle to join Warriors staff, agent Warren LeGarie said.
Also saw that too. Absolutely didn't want gentry as our head coach. But saying he isn't a good coach, but IMO blatt is the no brainer. Also thought lue was a good second choice over gentry

Meticode
06-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m
Cavs want to add Ty Lue to David Blatt's staff as associate HC, but little, if any, chance he'll leave Doc Rivers staff for it, sources say.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Griffin/Gilbert meeting behind closed doors as we speak. It seems like this is all about getting Blatt's contract structured now.

On a rough day with the Embiid news, this is a much needed lift. Blatt was far and away my top choice and that includes all of the college guys. Can't wait to see what he can do with our young talent.

hawksdogsbraves
06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m
Cavs want to add Ty Lue to David Blatt's staff as associate HC, but little, if any, chance he'll leave Doc Rivers staff for it, sources say.

Yeah, he'll just wait another year, he's obviously on the short list for HC jobs.

Really like this hire for Cleveland though.

Sakkreth
06-20-2014, 04:14 AM
Cavs have all the chances to become great team in near future. Hopefully they don't screw this up.

dunksby
06-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Best moves Cavs have made in a long time.

All Net
06-20-2014, 07:15 AM
Great appointment.

Will do a great job there imo.

R.I.P.
06-20-2014, 07:27 AM

LOL. That was my first thought as well.

R.I.P.
06-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Great appointment.

Will do a great job there imo.

Yes. This is a move that is too good to come from Cleveland. Surely they

Purch
06-20-2014, 07:31 AM
I think it's clear the Spurs have been influencing the league to go with more team oriented/European coaches.

Coach Bud, Coach Brown, Coach Snyder, Coach Blatt

El Gato Negro
06-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Thank god they got rid of grant and gave the gm job to griffin. best move they have made, now to watch them draft wiggins and the hate role in when the start winning again.

Uncle Drew
06-20-2014, 01:21 PM
M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider
#Cavs reach agreement to hire David Blatt as head coach

MSB with the bomb.

D-Rose
06-20-2014, 01:24 PM
M.S. Boyer/J. Valade ‏@PDcavsinsider
#Cavs reach agreement to hire David Blatt as head coach

MSB with the bomb.
Congrats!

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 01:30 PM
If you Cavs fans want Lebron to be back at some point, do you think hiring Blatt helps? I don't think so.

D-Rose
06-20-2014, 01:32 PM
If you Cavs fans want Lebron to be back at some point, do you think hiring Blatt helps? I don't think so.
I think it doesn't and shouldn't matter. You don't hire a coach based on a player on a different team's roster. The Lakers' management is doing it, and nowadays you do exactly the opposite of those idiots if you want to do it right.

Uncle Drew
06-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
David Blatt has reached agreement on a deal to become Cleveland's coach, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

It's done.

jayfan
06-20-2014, 01:34 PM

I don't think Lebron minds being coached by someone who knows the game. See Coach K. This guy does know the game, and has a winning resume.

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 01:41 PM
I don't think Lebron minds being coached by someone who knows the game. See Coach K. This guy does know the game, and has a winning resume.

Winning resume in Europe. Using European style basketball. Blatt is not PERCEIVED to be proven at the NBA level.

Listen, I think it's a great hire for you guys, but I'm not sure Lebron feels the same way. I heard he likes guys like Mark Jackson, as per Stephen A.

Uncle Drew
06-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Winning resume in Europe. Using European style basketball. Blatt is not PERCEIVED to be proven at the NBA level.

Listen, I think it's a great hire for you guys, but I'm not sure Lebron feels the same way. I heard he likes guys like Mark Jackson, as per Stephen A.
First of all: why is every move we make somehow related to James?
> Cavs hire x: ''What would LeBron think of that?''
> Cavs trade for x: ''Wonder if LeBron likes that''

Second: Why would he be interested in an inferior coach in Jackson, and not one of the (apparently) best in the world. After G5, he said he prefers the way the Spurs play. After reading several articles on Blatt, he lets his team play as this years Spurs.

Third: Why would we care? This franchise has to move on at some point, and I'm glad we finally are.

Meticode
06-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
David Blatt has reached agreement on a deal to become Cleveland's coach, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

It's done.
I'm personally fine with this signing, even if it doesn't work out. Solid deal, I like the out of the box thinking. Hopefully this is a good start. Now we just need to do the draft right.

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Legendary european coach. Took a team that wasn't favored at all to win the cup/championship and beat the heavily favored team in their "Finals".

STOP TROLLING

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm personally fine with this signing, even if it doesn't work out. Solid deal, I like the out of the box thinking. Hopefully this is a good start. Now we just need to do the draft right.

BTW, is this hire gonna have an impact with your Draft? Does Blatt even like Embiid? Or is he more of a Wiggins type? I'm pretty sure this will be Blatt's first and most immediate job.

Yes?

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 03:03 PM

Mark Jackson has an IQ of about 70. It's clear from when he talks. Meaning, he has an IQ about 5-10 points higher than your IQ.

Meticode
06-20-2014, 03:07 PM
BTW, is this hire gonna have an impact with your Draft? Does Blatt even like Embiid? Or is he more of a Wiggins type? I'm pretty sure this will be Blatt's first and most immediate job.

Yes?
No clue, I just know he's a great offensive coach apparently.

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 03:24 PM

As a Sixer fan, I am very concerned with who you guys pick. If Blatt is offensive minded as reports say, then he may want to take Parker or Embiid, or trade away the no.1. To me, Wiggins immediate impact is more on the defensive end and in the open court. He lacks the ball handling skills right now.

So Blatt will be a new character to add in this Draft drama. More nail biting time in Philly:facepalm

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 03:57 PM

You clearly don't know shit about Blatt. He's not even an offensive coach. NBA only fans are a joke, just like the hack writers like Stein that work for ESPN that NBA only fans base all their "facts" about the Euroleague on.

Blatt is a 100% pure DEFENSE coach.

He isn't even an offense based coach.

Meticode
06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
You clearly don't know shit about Blatt. He's not even an offensive coach. NBA only fans are a joke, just like the hack writers like Stein that work for ESPN that NBA only fans base all their "facts" about the Euroleague on.

Blatt is a 100% pure DEFENSE coach.

He isn't even an offense based coach.
I apologize then. I guess The Cleveland Plain Dealer is wrong then...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/06/cleveland_cavaliers_hire_david.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- David Blatt, who just resigned as coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv last week, has reached an agreement to become the 20th head coach of the Cavaliers, replacing Mike Brown who was fired on May 12, an NBA source told The Plain Dealer on Friday.

This will be the first NBA job for the well-respected Blatt, an American who played for Pete Carril at Princeton and has played and coached in Europe the past 33 years. He also will become the first European head coach to be picked to run an NBA team.

The decision came down to Blatt and Clippers assistant coach Tyronn Lue, a long-time NBA player who has been an assistant to Doc Rivers for five years, four of them in Boston. Alvin Gentry, believed to be the third finalist, took a job as the associate head coach of the Golden State Warriors under Steve Kerr. Kerr was considering Blatt for a similar position. The Cavs reportedly also considered hiring either Lue or Gentry as associate/assistant coach.

Blatt, 55, has been on the Cavs radar from the beginning of their extensive, five-week search that included at least a dozen candidates, although he was the last to interview. Blatt was at least the seventh candidate to interview, along with popular former Cav Mark Price, Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins, Vinny Del Negro, Adrian Griffin and Tyronn Lue.

In addition, it's believed the Cavs reached out to at least another five candidates, formally or informally, including former Golden State coach Mark Jackson and college coaches John Calipari of Kentucky, Kevin Ollie of UConn, Billy Donovan of Florida and Tom Izzo of Michigan State.

Blatt is widely viewed as an offensive genius who just led Maccabi Tel Aviv to a come-from-behind victory over CSKA Moscow in the Euroleague semifinals and an upset victory over Real Madrid for the championship. Maccabi Tel Aviv also won the Israeli and Israeli league titles this year.

Former Cav Anthony Parker, now an Orlando scout, played for Blatt in Israel and often cited him as his favorite coach, calling him one of the top basketball coaches in the world.

Thanks for your opinion though Euroleague, go **** yourself. :applause:

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 04:01 PM
As a Sixer fan, I am very concerned with who you guys pick. If Blatt is offensive minded as reports say, then he may want to take Parker or Embiid, or trade away the no.1. To me, Wiggins immediate impact is more on the defensive end and in the open court. He lacks the ball handling skills right now.

So Blatt will be a new character to add in this Draft drama. More nail biting time in Philly:facepalm

Blatt is not an offensive coach, and neither is Messina. How many damn times do I have to tell you that people like Stein just make up everything?

They just MAKE UP EVERYTHING. Don't you get that?

THEY KNOW NOTHING. THEY HAVE NEVER IN THEIR LIVES SEEN A EUROLEAGUE GAME.

THEY MAKE THIS SHIT UP.

Just like you and gabepizza just MAKE UP totally all the "facts" you post here out of your own asses whenever you post about the Euroleague.

Blatt is a defensive coach. Calling him an offensive coach is like calling Jeff Van Gundy, or Thibodeau, or Larry Brown, or someone like that an offensive coach.

It's complete made up bullshit. Same with Messina.

Of course, now that Blatt is in the NBA, he's in a league where defense is basically non-existent, so he will have to adjust to that, or he won't have any success.

MP.Trey
06-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Former Cav Anthony Parker, now an Orlando scout, played for Blatt in Israel and often cited him as his favorite coach, calling him one of the top basketball coaches in the world.

Well, if the Euroleague GOAT said it, then count me in!

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 04:37 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/06/cleveland_cavaliers_hire_david.html

Yes, they are absolutely wrong. His assistant coach actually was in charge of Maccabi's offense.

You are retarded, just like the person that wrote that article.

Meticode
06-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Yes, they are absolutely wrong. His assistant coach actually was in charge of Maccabi's offense.

You are retarded, just like the person that wrote that article.
He runs the Princeton-style offense, always has, not an assistant. Go **** yourself again. :roll:

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 04:44 PM
He runs the Princeton-style offense, always has, not an assistant. Go **** yourself again. :roll:

Maccabi did not run the Princeton offense you freaking moron.

Maccabi's team stats (enter the 3 digit code number when prompted):

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Israel/Maccabi_Electra_Tel-Aviv/159?Page=3

Nothing there screams offensive genius. You are a complete dumb ass.

Meticode
06-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Maccabi did not run the Princeton offense you freaking moron.

Maccabi's team stats (enter the 3 digit code number when prompted):

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Israel/Maccabi_Electra_Tel-Aviv/159?Page=3

Nothing there screams offensive genius. You are a complete dumb ass.
:roll: you're a ****ing troll. Get out of here with that shit.

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 04:58 PM
:roll: you're a ****ing troll. Get out of here with that shit.

You're the moron that thinks Maccabi ran the Princeton offense.

:facepalm :rolleyes:

:biggums:

Meticode
06-20-2014, 05:00 PM
You're the moron that thinks Maccabi ran the Princeton offense.

:facepalm :rolleyes:

:biggums:
When did I say that Maccabi runs that offense? NEVER. Coach Blatt likes to run that system, he's done it in the past, it doesn't meant he did it with Maccabi. You're an assuming mother****er that gets ahead of yourself. :roll:

Meticode
06-20-2014, 10:13 PM
https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/480166263902449664

Jason Lloyd
‏@JasonLloydABJ
#Cavs officially announce Blatt hire. Press conference on Wednesday

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Does this mean that Euroleague is going to constantly be invading our threads with his propagandist bullsh!t? It would be nice if there were a fan of the Euroleague on this board who wasn't a complete troll solely devoted to pointing out how much better everything is in the EL.

I'm sensing many Cavs fans putting this guy on their ignore list. I'm already close and Blatt hasn't even had his presser yet. And, I've never used the Ignore List feature in all my years posting on this board... not once.

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 10:25 PM

:lol :roll: EL lives in a delusional world where he is the only one with true knowledge of Euro basketball. No one, especially Americans, have seen the Euroleague, even if it's on cable TV a lot of the time. There are no NBA scouts who go to Europe to see and report if Blatt runs a good offense. Oh no, they are all in the dark in this internet age.

If there's one thing the ISH board is still in the dark about is which screw is loose in EL's head!:oldlol: ,

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 11:39 PM
When did I say that Maccabi runs that offense? NEVER. Coach Blatt likes to run that system, he's done it in the past, it doesn't meant he did it with Maccabi. You're an assuming mother****er that gets ahead of yourself. :roll:
Here's the latest ESPN link with video saying Blatt runs the Princeton.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11112991/david-blatt-new-coach-cleveland-cavaliers

So who do we trust: ESPN or Euroleague?

Hmmmmmmm....Hmmmmmm:oldlol:

Maga_1
06-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Does this mean that Euroleague is going to constantly be invading our threads with his propagandist bullsh!t? It would be nice if there were a fan of the Euroleague on this board who wasn't a complete troll solely devoted to pointing out how much better everything is in the EL.

I'm sensing many Cavs fans putting this guy on their ignore list. I'm already close and Blatt hasn't even had his presser yet. And, I've never used the Ignore List feature in all my years posting on this board... not once.

You're asking too much, everytime i (or Grinder, or our fellow lithuanians) try to do that, we have troll responses.. it's a lose-lose situation always :rolleyes:

La Frescobaldi
06-21-2014, 12:35 AM
good name for a cleveland coach tho.

Drink Blatt Beer !!

The Daily Blatt

The Cavs fell flat with an ugly Blatt tonight............

RedBlackAttack
06-21-2014, 12:44 AM
You're asking too much, everytime i (or Grinder, or our fellow lithuanians) try to do that, we have troll responses.. it's a lose-lose situation always :rolleyes:
Well, you won't be trolled in this thread. I personally guarantee it (for Grinder too). This is now a troll-free zone.

What do you think of Blatt, his philosophies and how he fits in the NBA/Cleveland?

Dr.J4ever
06-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Well, you won't be trolled in this thread. I personally guarantee it (for Grinder too). This is now a troll-free zone.

What do you think of Blatt, his philosophies and how he fits in the NBA/Cleveland?

Here's an interesting Q and A from Grantland about Blatt. It turns out, he doesn't run the Princeton anymore, but it's "still in his blood", and uses many of it's concepts.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/whos-that-guy-david-blatt/

Maga_1
06-21-2014, 01:04 AM

I already pointed out my opinion in a thread that you made, but i can't remember which one.

For me, he's a very good coach. Not a brilliant one, but very good.
He's known for being good adapting his players to play his style and getting the most of them, so you'll probably like him.
The team that he had this year was (no way) a favorite to win the Euroleague, but the brand of basketball that they played (hustle, 3 point shooting and creating from pick and rolls) made them a tough matchup for everyone in the knockout stages.

It will really depends on how he can handle the egos, or at least how the GM let him handle the egos.. he's known for creating a good spirit between guys but being at the same time a disciplined coach.

In terms of offense and defense, i don't really know what to expect. Since i only follow him coaching the Russian NT and Maccabi, they played different styles.. so, it's going to be fun to see what he will use in a NBA Flow.

Fiba basketball
06-21-2014, 02:15 PM

His teams play very simple on offense with a lot of pick and roll and inside outside game.

What he's great at and maybe even the best at is full court press and zone defense.

BrownEye007
06-21-2014, 03:52 PM
They just MAKE UP EVERYTHING. Don't you get that?

THEY KNOW NOTHING. THEY HAVE NEVER IN THEIR LIVES SEEN A EUROLEAGUE GAME.

THEY MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
Kinda sounds like you're describing yourself...

Maga_1
06-21-2014, 06:04 PM

Well, i don't think you did your job.

Uncle Drew
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
J. @j_069
David Blatt is a great get for CLE. Spent last few months watching all kinds of NCCA/Euro teams. Blatt's as good a bet to succeed as anyone.

J. @j_069
Blatt's an excellent basketball mind and quite a bit of what he did X&O wise @ MTA translates to the NBA, which is rare for non-NBA coaches.

J. @j_069
MTA ran as close to a quality NBA O as u'll find outside of it. P&R heavy. Lots of early action. Smart about spacing. Anything but stagnant.

J. @j_069
A high-low set that Blatt ran for Sofoklis Schortsanitis (aka Big Sofo) w/ great success: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAt7E4Dpqyw Much more Blatt stuff soon.

J. @j_069
A set David Blatt ran to free up MTA's shooters(most notably stretch-4 DBlu) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhiqbmNQQ2o Prob would run similar 4 Jabari Parker.

J. @j_069
The most complex (but really not at all complex) of the various pick&roll wrinkles David Blatt ran at Maccabi T.A.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEI3Ns62iy0

Oly BC
06-21-2014, 08:32 PM
J. @j_069
David Blatt is a great get for CLE. Spent last few months watching all kinds of NCCA/Euro teams. Blatt's as good a bet to succeed as anyone.

J. @j_069
MTA ran as close to a quality NBA O as u'll find outside of it. P&R heavy. Lots of early action. Smart about spacing. Anything but stagnant.

Pass to Sofo
if man to man, action= shoot
if doubleteam, action= pass outside
if shot=open, action=take it
if shot=contested, action=take it anyway

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Well, i don't think you did your job.
I actually did. I'm not on here 24 hours a day. Just ignore him if you see his posts and I'll get rid of them whenever I log on. I also encourage posters not to respond to his posts, because those will be deleted as well.

Thanks for the info guys. Feel free to keep the conversation going.

Meticode
06-22-2014, 12:20 AM
I will be watching his press conference on Wednesday hopefully. Anyone know what time it is? Interested in what he has to say and how his attitude will be with the American media.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2014, 01:44 AM
I will be watching his press conference on Wednesday hopefully. Anyone know what time it is? Interested in what he has to say and how his attitude will be with the American media.
I think it's at 11 a.m.

I'll be watching as well. Can't wait to see Blatt adorned in his wine and gold colors. A new era for Cavs basketball. I really feel good about this hire.

Sakkreth
06-22-2014, 05:46 AM
He's a good coach, it's not like he single handedly will make cavs from terrible to great team, but he's one of the changes in the team that will make it possible. He's no Pop, but he should be one of the better coaches in the NBA, just as he was one of the better coaches in Euroleague in which in my opinion coaches are a bit better overall.

Andrew Wiggins
06-22-2014, 08:09 AM
good coach but i don't know where this offensive genius stuff is coming from

his biggest strength is his adaptability and flexibility based on personnel

another big strength is that while he's a taskmaster, he quickly gains is player's trust and respect

his job with maccabi this year was a masterclass in the later rounds.

All Net
06-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Who's his kind of player, Parker or wiggins?

Sakkreth
06-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Parker. But cavs should take Wiggins.

Dr.J4ever
06-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Parker. But cavs should take Wiggins.

Right now, this is the only thing that matters with Blatt: which player will he take? This is his first big decision, and it is a decision that will affect the future of the Cavs franchise, and cascade down to the Draft.

If he is an offensive coach, he will probably take Parker. If he likes defense more, then it's Wiggins.I still hope they take Embiid, though, for Philly's sake.

All Net
06-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Right now, this is the only thing that matters with Blatt: which player will he take? This is his first big decision, and it is a decision that will affect the future of the Cavs franchise, and cascade down to the Draft.

If he is an offensive coach, he will probably take Parker. If he likes defense more, then it's Wiggins.I still hope they take Embiid, though, for Philly's sake.
Will be tough, depends what means more right away.