PDA

View Full Version : So why does LBJ need more need from a SUPERSTAR?

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Everyone talking about bringing in melo/love/etc. Why not bringing in an role players / bench players instead of more superstar caliber player? Does bran need THAT MUCH help? If you actually look at how miami was beat it was mainly by role players not superstars prove by the depth of the Spur's bench. Does miami's big three really need to take significant paycuts in order to win? Does bran really need to win now? Why not rebuild and be contenders?

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
because it would be cool as **** to see melo wade and bron on the same team.

I agree that getting a better pg and big man would help more than getting melo tho

Bless Mathews
06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Cus Brons a b1tch

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
because it would be cool as **** to see melo wade and bron on the same team.

I agree that getting a better pg and big man would help more than getting melo tho

How would that be cool as ****? You can go back and watch the olympic teams and watch them destroy their competition. Whats the point when you can win by 30 each game? :biggums: How is that fun to watch?

Lebronxrings
because half the team are either d leaguers or high school leveled basketball players. Lebron is the only player worth a dam.

ArbitraryWater
:wtf:

Everyone not joking around is asking for Gortat/Lowry... AND, Wade is fuggin DONE.

He might come off the bench.. this team wouldnt be stacked at all. Bosh would be the 2nd option, next best player lowry. Maybe switch those 2.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:07 PM
How would that be cool as ****? You can go back and watch the olympic teams and watch them destroy their competition. Whats the point when you can win by 30 each game? :biggums: How is that fun to watch?
I think heat would still lose to any team with strong post players. Even with Melo

but I want to see knicks fans cry if we steal Melo from them

the wise man
06-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Everyone talking about bringing in melo/love/etc. Why not bringing in an role players / bench players instead of more superstar caliber player? Does bran need THAT MUCH help? If you actually look at how miami was beat it was mainly by role players not superstars prove by the depth of the Spur's bench. Does miami's big three really need to take significant paycuts in order to win? Does bran really need to win now? Why not rebuild and be contenders?

Because he haven't played with a superstar since 2011

Warfan
06-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Actual heat fans are talking about bringing in guys like Ariza and gortat which is good. Heat dont need a 2nd superstar, they need younger guys who can defend and shoot or maybe a big who brings good defense since they have been going more and more away from their normal defensive scheme they run.

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I think heat would still lose to any team with strong post players. Even with Melo

Lol what? One of Miamis biggest problem is rebounding. Melo rebounds and can score the basketball at will. Im sure that will at least compensate for a post presence.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol what? One of Miamis biggest problem is rebounding. Melo rebounds and can score the basketball at will. Im sure that will at least compensate for a post presence.
Lol at thinking Melo would change anything

He'll get raped in the post by Duncan harder than he did to Bosh

Nash
06-19-2014, 08:13 PM
agree, they need youth and bench. As I said before, some Patty Mills and some Gary Neal and less old Shane Battier and Haslem.

Beastmode88
Because he haven't played with a superstar since 2011

So you're saying he won his last 2 finals by himself with the support of good role players / bench?

Beastmode88
Lol at thinking Melo would change anything

He'll get raped in the post by Duncan harder than he did to Bosh

Duncan plays less than 30 minutes a game. Try again.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Duncan plays less than 30 minutes a game. Try again.
wtf does that even mean?

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:17 PM
btw op found new avy for you when Carmelo leaves :oldlol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/08/article-2185497-146B626B000005DC-932_634x418.jpg

Beastmode88
wtf does that even mean?

I'm saying that Duncan's time is gonna be reduced significantly after every year. He is now a "role player" more than anything. With father time catching up with him what make u think Duncan will be shitting on Melo?

Beastmode88
btw op found new avy for you when Carmelo leaves :oldlol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/08/article-2185497-146B626B000005DC-932_634x418.jpg

I actually want him to leave if he can win a ship but anywhere but Miami.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm saying that Duncan's time is gonna be reduced significantly after every year. He is now a "role player" more than anything. With father time catching up with him what make u think Duncan will be shitting on Melo?
that was just an example...

there are other post players that will rape miami inside. Melo wont fix shit

JT123
06-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Most stars don't win rings with only solid role players, they need a second star because role players are inconsistent. If you have a great coach like Pop then role players might be enough, but the Heat have Spo. :lol

1~Gibson~1
06-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Ultimately I think LeBron set the bar too high for himself when he carried his sub par team to the finals practically by himself. Ever since then people have been coming down hard on him and the end of the day he's still a 2x champion with many many more years left to write his "legacy".

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:19 PM
although a line up of

Cole
Wade
Melo
Bron
Bosh

could be pretty interesting...

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:20 PM
that was just an example...

there are other post players that will rape miami inside. Melo wont fix shit

This thread wasn't mainly specifically at melo. Melo is merely an example. The main question is why does everyone think bran need's a SUPERSTAR LIKE MELO. Why not build up the team with draft/trades?

mehyaM24
get a defensive PF/C that is above average

a perimeter scorer that isnt a black hole (and still has his knees)

heat go back to the finals/win a chip

lebron becomes GOAT, or at least top 3-5

Asukal
Ultimately I think LeBron set the bar too high for himself when he carried his sub par team to the finals practically by himself. Ever since then people have been coming down hard on him and the end of the day he's still a 2x champion with many many more years left to write his "legacy".

Miami loses then suddenly Lecramp has no help. :rolleyes:

Lebronxrings
you do realize he pads his stats right... I've seen numerous knick games where he intentionally steals his teamates rebounds and scores when the game is in a blowout. Trust me on this; i aint making shit up.

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:21 PM
This thread wasn't mainly specifically at melo. Melo is merely an example. The main question is why does everyone think bran need's a SUPERSTAR LIKE MELO. Why not build up the team with draft/trades?
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:22 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

still waitnig on that location test via ping test from this "miami" fan.

smoovegittar
06-19-2014, 08:22 PM

but I want to see knicks fans cry if we steal Melo from them
You're only making Knick fans laugh with your retarded posts. Is that you, Jameer? :biggums:

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:24 PM
you do realize he pads his stats right... I've seen numerous knick games where he intentionally steals his teamates rebounds and scores when the game is in a blowout. Trust me on this; i aint making shit up.

You realize Melo is the only player on the knicks that actually tried to win every game..? "Numerous amounts of knicks game" lmfao. Double standards never applies to bran stans when their hero scores 61 points up by 20 points on the bobcats but that's not considered stat padding? disgusting.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:25 PM
You're only making Knick fans alugh with your retarded posts. Is that you, Jameer? :biggums:
:cry:

Melo is a goner. Whether he goes to Miami or not, he aint coming back to NY

smoovegittar
06-19-2014, 08:25 PM
You're full of shit. You make LeBron fans look stupid.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:26 PM
smoovegitar so salty :roll:

u mad boi?

yea u mad :cry:

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:28 PM
You realize Melo is the only player on the knicks that actually tried to win every game..? "Numerous amounts of knicks game" lmfao. Double standards never applies to bran stans when their hero scores 61 points up by 20 points on the bobcats but that's not considered stat padding? disgusting.
stay mad boy :lol . Don't melt down on me, melt down at statpaddermelo. The majority of his points come from absolute garbage time. There are many times his team is on the verge of getting blown out, and he quickly scores an extra 10 points for his stats. No one ever blames him because of his nice looking statline. You think the lebron scoring was bad? Melo does that in EVERY game, and its usually his team getting blown out and his team that suffers.

JT123
06-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Heat weren't up by 20. :wtf:
Charlotte kept cutting the lead to 13, and since Bron had been the only one scoring he had to stay in because the other players weren't in rhythm. He wasn't stat padding at all. :no:

Nash
06-19-2014, 08:29 PM
although a line up of

Cole
Wade
Melo
Bron
Bosh

could be pretty interesting...
no, still have the same issues with no pg and no bigs. also adding melo's pathetic defense into the mix won't make things better.

If there is anything we've learned the last few years its that more superstars doesn't mean better basketball team. I'd much rather see Miami go for 2 guys instead of Melo.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:29 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/07/18/sports/basketball/18questions-pic/18questions-pic-blog480.jpg

"ill see yall ni*gas in houston" :roll:

navy
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
You're full of shit. You make LeBron fans look stupid.
Why? He is a gimmick account probably from a Kobe stan.

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
smoovegitar so salty :roll:

u mad boi?

yea u mad :cry:

how does this actually help the debate? lol idiotic bran stans ruin this forum. should all disappear like when bran got blown out game 3 4 and 5. :lol

1~Gibson~1
06-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Miami loses then suddenly Lecramp has no help. :rolleyes:
I didnt say anything about him not having hekp this year but since thats now the topic; the reason why people claim LeBron needed more help is because he DID in fact need more help. Sure, he has alot of big name teammates (Bosh, Ray, Wade) but in all honesty NONE of those guys produced anything. If you watched the games, you could clearly see one highly efficient player on a team with guys who looked lost when it came time to put the ball in the hoop.

Im not saying its LeBrons fault that Wade Bosh and company couldnt produce, but since he's the captain obviously he gets the blame. And thats just the way that sports work.

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Why? He is a gimmick account probably from a Kobe stan.
:facepalm wtf dude... Why would you even say this...

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:32 PM
how does this actually help the debate? lol idiotic bran stans ruin this forum. should all disappear like when bran got blown out game 3 4 and 5. :lol
still not addressing my point. :lol

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 08:36 PM
still not addressing my point. :lol

Just like how you can't even prove that you're from miami? I'm surprised u didn't commit suicide after game 4.

Hey Yo
06-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Since when are Melo and Love considered superstars???

Never mind.... it fits your agenda by calling them so.