PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Basketball IQ Not As High As NBA Players, Analysts and Fans Say?

FlashDwyaneWade3
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
LeBron can dominate a game but seems like he doesn't know when to take over a game when he is needed to. The only time he literally took over was last year's East Finals in game 6. Most of the time in crucial situations, teammates will give LeBron the ball to take over but he'll at times pass it back out to a teammate. Everybody including me expected LeBron to bring the Heat back like they did last year but it was the total opposite. LeBron is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You don't know which LeBron you're gonna get.

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Heat were dominated by the spurs.

I dont even think MJ could beat that team (if we replaced him with Bron)

the wise man
06-19-2014, 08:11 PM
LeBron can dominate a game but seems like he doesn't know when to take over a game when he is needed to. The only time he literally took over was last year's East Finals in game 6. Most of the time in crucial situations, teammates will give LeBron the ball to take over but he'll at times pass it back out to a teammate. Everybody including me expected LeBron to bring the Heat back like they did last year but it was the total opposite. LeBron is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You don't know which LeBron you're gonna get.

The only time I doubted Lebron's IQQ was when he joined a HGH filled ball hog that only won a championship thanks to Stern.

JT123
06-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Bron was tired. Carrying Wade all season was a very exhausting job.

dubeta
06-19-2014, 08:27 PM
http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kobe-over-entire-Bulls-team.jpg

sportjames23
06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Heat were dominated by the spurs.

I dont even think MJ could beat that team (if we replaced him with Bron)

You never saw prime MJ then.

One big difference between MJ and Bron is that MJ could force his will on a game/series. Lebron has shown that he's incapable of that.

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 08:37 PM
I've had the same doubts recently, OP.

We may have gotten carried away with Bron's IQ simply because he's a willing passer, which granted was a welcomed refreshment from the isoball chucker era which followed in the immediate aftermath of MJ. Because Bran is so big and strong his penetration naturally is very effective at drawing defenders and because he's willing to pass out of that, maybe we've gotten carried away proclaiming him to be some kind of mammoth basketball intellect.

Regarding his 'feel' for the pace of the game and what HE needs to do at a given time, I do feel he's been a bit shaky. I also feel he's gotten very used to simply playing 'his' way and if the defense takes that away from him, he basically just pouts instead of trying something else.

As was the case after the 2011 finals, Bran has some soul searching to do. It does seem like he has a little bit of a 'quitter' streak in him, and he's certainly not the first all-time great player to have such an accusation leveled toward him. When things are going well and he's got everything goin, he'll mug for the camera after a dunk or stick his chest out a bit heading back to the bench after the other team calls timeout. But when they're struggling he looks pouty and like he's already preparing ways to deflect blame, rather than looking angry and like he's ready to lead a turnaround. You don't have to be exaggerated about it all the time like Kobe, but I'm surprised at the lack of genuine competitive emotion you see from Bran considering how often he plays in some of the sport's biggest contests.

As far as sheer IQ, he certainly doesn't hold a candle to Ginobili, Diaw, and probably every foreign player but then again - how many American players do? A few, certainly, but not an abundance. Obviously he's much smarter than the likes of Josh Smith or Harden etc. but OP may be right, perhaps we've gone a little overboard on the hyperbole with Bran's bball iq.

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:39 PM
http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kobe-over-entire-Bulls-team.jpg
:eek:

JT123
06-19-2014, 08:41 PM

One big difference between MJ and Bron is that MJ could force his will on a game/series. Lebron has shown that he's incapable of that.
Funny how MJ was never able to force his will on a series until Pippen came along. :roll:

Cocaine80s
06-19-2014, 08:42 PM

no way in hell MJ could carry this team over these Spurs

Black and White
06-19-2014, 08:43 PM
You can't have his court vision and have low basketball IQ

Lebronxrings
06-19-2014, 08:45 PM

Your saying MJ could beat the spurs?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Akrazotile
06-19-2014, 08:45 PM
You can't have his court vision and have low basketball IQ

Nobody is saying he has a low IQ, simply that the media and fans in general may have gotten carried away with how HIGH it is exactly.

tontoz
06-19-2014, 08:47 PM
I think the ideal mindset is somewhere between Lebron and Kobe. In other words Magic and Bird's mindset. Both guys were unselfish in general but wouldn't hesitate to take over when needed.

In his younger days Jordan's mindset was overly selfish but over time he learned to become a more willing passer. But it was a constant struggle for Jackson to get him to let go of the ball.

tontoz
06-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Funny how MJ was never able to force his will on a series until Pippen came along. :roll:

Jordan averaged 37 ppg without Pippen. He dropped 63 pts in the playoffs against the eventual champion Celtics in the playoffs, in Boston without Pippen.

FAIL

Pointguard
06-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Who are you saying has a higher BB IQ???

dc_chilling
06-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Jordan averaged 37 ppg without Pippen. He dropped 63 pts in the playoffs against the eventual champion Celtics in the playoffs, in Boston without Pippen.

FAIL

He also didn't crack a .500 record and was 1-9 in the first round....

AintNoSunshine
06-19-2014, 09:44 PM
First of all, your user name and your thread cracks me up.

Secondly, anyone who says that has unrealistic expectation from the player. Do you really expect him to score a bunch of points everytime the other makes a run, and the other team becomes scared and stops? He's playing against an all time great team, without much help too. Nobody could've done much more in his place.

I give him a B+ for his finals performance.

Replay32
06-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Lebron is a smart basketball player. IMO he does seem to be thinking too much out there on the court instead of just playing off of instinct. ie he may have a open floater or mid range shot but he may pass to a 3pt shooter.

I also think that at times he holds on to the ball too long letting the defense set instead of making his move quickly. I noticed this when he's iso'd on one side of the floor whether in the post or facing up.

The last think he could improve on is when a big switches onto him, he tends to waste time off the shot clock to go one on one off the dribble. Instead of moving the ball looking to find the big vs small mismatch inside for a teammate.

Overall he has a pretty high basketball IQ for the style of play in today's NBA. But I believe he would have a higher IQ and be more fundamentally sound if he went to college for 2-3 years.

tontoz
06-20-2014, 07:15 AM
He also didn't crack a .500 record and was 1-9 in the first round....

He only had 2 full seasons without Pippen. And since he was the 3rd pick in the draft obviously he was going to a bad team.

Not to mention the drug issues that were going on. Woolridge ended up in rehab for cocain addiction. I don't think he was the only one either.

BoutPractice
06-20-2014, 07:43 AM
"Analysts and fans say"?

http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2014/03/multiple-sources.jpg

You would make a great Fox News anchor. "Some people have said"...

HoopsFanNumero1
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
You expected him to bring the team back from a 3-1 series deficit, and from 20 point blowouts? :wtf:

What did you expect him to do, score 50 ppg or something?

Rose'sACL
06-20-2014, 09:40 AM
He only had 2 full seasons without Pippen. And since he was the 3rd pick in the draft obviously he was going to a bad team.

Not to mention the drug issues that were going on. Woolridge ended up in rehab for cocain addiction. I don't think he was the only one either.
MJ is the GOAT but this "he made pippen or any other player into what they turned out to be" is utter bullshit. Pretty much every great player helps their team mates into becoming better players.
That guy was pretty much saying that wade who has knee issues would have started playing better all of a sudden because Jordan would have imposed his will on the game giving wade's knees another 2-3 prime years.
It is hard to be GOAT in a field while being overrated at the same time but MJ is both.

k0kakw0rld
06-20-2014, 09:48 AM
This.

allball
06-20-2014, 09:55 AM

FAIL

Before Pippen Jordan only won one playoff game.

GimmeThat
06-20-2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLmzg1fl4EI

tontoz
06-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Before Pippen Jordan only won one playoff game.

Like i said he only played 2 full seasons without Pippen dumbass. Having teamates with drug problems didn't help either.

He set a playoff scoring record in the Boston Garden, scoring 63 points in the playoffs against the eventual champs. But he didn't have much help.

CavaliersFTW
06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Bron was tired. Carrying Wade all season was a very exhausting job.
he was coasting all year, all you bran fans were saying that, now the story is shifting?

riseagainst
06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
he was coasting all year, all you bran fans were saying that, now the story is shifting?

:lol

:applause:

BigBoss
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Strengths:

-Court vision.
-Shot selection

Weaknesses:

-Killer instinct.
-Winning in the NBA Finals

riseagainst
06-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Strengths:

-Court vision.
-Shot selection

Weaknesses:

-Killer instinct.
-Winning in the NBA Finals

:lol

Solefade
06-20-2014, 01:42 PM

FAIL

did they win? :oldlol: