PDA

View Full Version : Today for the first time I really think Lebron is leaving...

niko
06-19-2014, 10:51 PM
This is what I saw today. I saw Pat Riley, after talking to his players, come out and give a great speech, but a speech motivated by anger, and by stubborness, and by the fact he thinks Lebron might leave. It was so entitled too, Lebron has been in Miami four years, Riley makes it sound like Lebron needs to give his career to the Heat or he's failed somehow.

Riley is really wrong on one thing here, Lebron is worried about legacy. HIS legacy. Not the Heat's legacy. If Lebron wins seven titles on four different teams, i think he'll be just fine.

Ultimately Lebron will stay or leave based on what Miami does, not on a great speech and today all I saw was Riley shook.

(Note: The media guys creamed their pants at the speech save Windhorst who basically said "what the **** is he thinking challenging Lebron?" ESPN is spinning it as Riley telling Lebron all he will do.)

navy
06-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a case of people over analyzing things as usual....

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Just disgusting. Stop teaming up with the competition and beat them. Why take the easy way out. Prove to the world that you're actually worth something. :facepalm

niko
06-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a case of people over analyzing things as usual....
Did you hear the speech at all? If you heard it and heard no agenda (maybe your agenda is something else), then i don't know what you were listening to, because every sentence practically had an agenda.

BTW, i should rephrase to i think Lebron MAY leave, not will leave. I have no clue what he will do, but clearly Riley thinks leaving is possible.

TMT
06-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I personally don't think Riley would have come out publicly irritated like this if he didn't have some serious concerns about Lebron leaving. Otherwise things would have been kept behind closed doors. I think he wanted to get a message to Lebron while on his "trip" and the media was the medium through which he chose to do it.

Let's not act like, "you don't find the first door out and take it" and "I didn't come to South Beach just for a quick tan" weren't direct shots at LBJ.

Pat seems scared to me. He doesn't want to be embarrassed like the Cleveland front office was.

Droid101
06-19-2014, 11:02 PM
I wish LeBron took this all to heart and went to Charlotte or something, just to show he can drag a bad team to a Finals.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-19-2014, 11:03 PM
He did sound entitled. Reminded me of Dan Gilbert to an extent.

Riley is gonna have to put in work for Lebron to even contemplate staying, imo

outbreak
06-19-2014, 11:06 PM
I wish LeBron took this all to heart and went to Charlotte or something, just to show he can drag a bad team to a Finals.
He should go back to cleveland and make a formal apology for how he acted.

J Shuttlesworth
06-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Too bad kobe didn't have the balls to stick it out with Charlotte

alanLA92
06-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Riley went Gilbert 2.0 right here. Sounds like the Heat need Lebron more than the other way around. Lebron brought him 2 rings(twice more than his other superstar Wade did), he should be thankful of that. Lebron really doesn't owe him anything.

Beastmode88
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Even if Bran goes back with the cavs will they (team and management) accept him? Dan Gilbert's rants were pretty funny. :lol

nathanjizzle
06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
thanks

Prometheus
06-19-2014, 11:32 PM
I agree. Riley's press conference seemed very insecure to me. He reminded me of a lot of ISH posters with his cherry-picking of facts trying to justify Miami's situation regarding ring-to-year ratios... the fact of the matter is, from a basketball standpoint, LeBron has a lot of options that are more opportunistic than staying in Miami.

ballin33
06-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Meh, I don't know Riley is a master motivator but surely this was directed at LeBron. From a pure basketball standpoint they do need to improve their roster.

Threethrows
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Just disgusting. Stop teaming up with the competition and beat them. Why take the easy way out. Prove to the world that you're actually worth something. :facepalm

The hell? He's a ball player bro. And widely regarded as the best player on Earth and worth more money than you'll probably ever see.

What exactly is he needing to prove here?

NBA fans really do have an inflated view of how important what they think is to a player.

chazzy
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
He did sound entitled. Reminded me of Dan Gilbert to an extent.

Riley is gonna have to put in work for Lebron to even contemplate staying, imo
What are his options though? Unless teams make some serious cap moves I don't really see where he would leave to

bigkingsfan
06-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Rihanna - Stay pt 2 ft. Pat Riley

Im so nba'd out
06-20-2014, 12:16 AM
lol this fakkit is so mad lebrom didnt choose the knicks :oldlol:

The-Legend-24
06-20-2014, 12:21 AM
LeFrontrunner

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2014, 12:33 AM
What are his options though? Unless teams make some serious cap moves I don't really see where he would leave to

Sign a big that can play defense/rebound AND a perimeter guy that can relieve Wade, but also shoot/doesn't have his health questioned.

I can tell you what the team needs, just not sure what Miami's money situation is like or whether Wade is willing to take a pay cut.

Beastmode88
06-20-2014, 12:38 AM
lol this fakkit is so mad lebrom didnt choose the knicks :oldlol:

LMFAO sorry i wouldn't want bran on the knicks. Rather have fatboy felton. Known colluder, flopper and master illusionist during the 4th quarter / crunch time.

1~Gibson~1
06-20-2014, 12:40 AM
The hell? He's a ball player bro. And widely regarded as the best player on Earth and worth more money than you'll probably ever see.

What exactly is he needing to prove here?

NBA fans really do have an inflated view of how important what they think is to a player.
Agreed. and what people fail to realize is that most of the other teams in the league are stacked too, so in order to beat them yiu almost have to join one.

Look at San Antonio, theyre "stacked" with talent.
Clippers
Nets
Indiana
Thunder
GS

Dresta
06-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Riley gives a great speech and talks a lot of sense. He was effectively saying no team wins every year and that Miami has had a great run these past 4 year, and Riley has shown the ability to build competitive teams time and time again, and that it would be foolish to abandon such a set up for the unknown and unpredictable. Bron could easily leave and never win another chip.

ISH's interpretation: 'Riley is shook and insecure'

what a bunch of fools you are

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Thought you meant his options with the Heat, chazzy. My bad.. :oldlol:

I'd say the Clippers would be a great destination. NY would too. How they make the money work I am not sure.

It is Lebron, so there's gotta be leeway here.

TheCorporation
06-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Thought you meant his options with the Heat, chazzy. My bad.. :oldlol:

I'd say the Clippers would be a great destination. New York would too. How they make the money work I am not sure.

It is Lebron, so there's gotta be leeway here.

You tryna sabotage Bron, or what? LOL

JUDGE WITNESS
06-20-2014, 02:39 AM
where did u see all of this op

GimmeThat
06-20-2014, 03:47 AM
the most dangerous/important aspect of clashing egos

is knowing what we can/can't do.

miggyme1
06-20-2014, 03:51 AM
my only question is if bron does leave where could he go and win a ring immediately?

i dont see anywhere...lakers aint winning next season,clippers cant afford him,new york can afford him by dumpin stat but he not winning in new york even with melo.....hes not going to chi they hate bron there.....new jersey??? ahhhhh maybe but u got a lot of people on that team that dont like him so i doubt it....dallas??? maybe....but y would bron go to dallas??? exactly

houston...hell no...its only one ball..and houston whole starting lineup needs the ball to be effective..wont work. as i look tho i see one sleeper team that can afford bron and would become an instant title fav........THE PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

SpaceJammeR
06-20-2014, 04:00 AM
thing about staying in miami is wade is declining and both his superstars aren't playing like superstars. so basically it's cleveland all over again. the bench is also really old. coach spo is also dumb as fk as he always run lebron into the ground. i mean seriously lebron led the team in almost all the categories again this season. lebron wants to win now not in 2 years or 3 years.

niko
06-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Riley gives a great speech and talks a lot of sense. He was effectively saying no team wins every year and that Miami has had a great run these past 4 year, and Riley has shown the ability to build competitive teams time and time again, and that it would be foolish to abandon such a set up for the unknown and unpredictable. Bron could easily leave and never win another chip.

Was the point to make a great speech or to reach a certain person in the audience? Because I said it was a great speech. But based on his reactions to things prior, the audience it was meant for (Lebron) doesn't react well to what Riley said and how he said it.

This wasn't a class debate, the purpose was to pull Lebron in, and it sounded like he pushed him away. Plus Pat was angry and said some things and used some words he didn't need to.

Your analysis is way to simple, it was a great speech so it will work basically. Great speech, yes. Will work? Probably, but not how he intended.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 09:38 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What the hell is wrong with you? :oldlol:

mistergreens
06-20-2014, 09:39 AM
He should go back to cleveland and make a formal apology for how he acted.

Apology? :biggums:

Give me a break. Dude fulfilled his contract, and left. Happens all the time in the real world. Only in the NBA should you stay in your home time becasue people think you owe it to him. His biggest crime was saying on tv that he was taking his talents to South Beach? Please. Stop acting like he killed some kittens or something.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 09:41 AM

this dude is shook :oldlol:

LeBron's leaving yo squad, you piece of filth.. LeBron giftwrapped your town 2 titles, show some appreciation, bitch.

mistergreens
06-20-2014, 09:47 AM
I feel like only Riles (aka DA GODFATHER) could get away with this speech without negatively affecting Lebron. Riles has delivered on everything he promised. Four straight finals, two titles, two MVPs for Lebron, etc. Maybe his message was for the haters, maybe it was to Lebron, but Riles knows what he is doing, plain and simple.

Nash
06-20-2014, 09:50 AM
he has already been there and done that.

BoutPractice
06-20-2014, 09:53 AM
This time I think LeBron is just playing the field, forcing Riley to up his game. It's a logical thing to do when you're in such a great bargaining position.

Lebron23
06-20-2014, 09:55 AM
This time I think LeBron is just playing the field, forcing Riley to up his game. It's a logical thing to do when you're in such a great bargaining position.

One of the smartest posts in this thread. Lebron is actually in a much better situation in Miami.

GimmeThat
06-20-2014, 10:35 AM

True, when he signed that contract that gives him his player option since day 1.

Damn playa.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-20-2014, 10:47 AM
this post is the cherry on your retard cake.
Unbelievable:biggums: :facepalm

Marlo_Stanfield
06-20-2014, 10:51 AM

LeBron's leaving yo squad, you piece of filth.. LeBron giftwrapped your town 2 titles, show some appreciation, bitch.
this guy is a filthy D-Fail stan. not ashamed of anything.
If LeBron doesnt leave the Heat unless Wade and Bosh both take MAJOR paycuts and they get either a near elite Big men or a guy like Melo i think LeBron is majorly retarded.
he wont beat the ultra stacked West teams with that old washed up shit squad:coleman:

LEFT4DEAD
06-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Honestly, I'd like to see Lebron going back to Cleveland. It would be one of the biggest stories in NBA of all times. Imagine him winning a ring in Cleveland :lebronamazed:

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 10:57 AM
If LeBron doesnt leave the Heat unless Wade and Bosh both take MAJOR paycuts and they get either a near elite Big men or a guy like Melo i think LeBron is majorly retarded.
he wont beat the ultra stacked West teams with that old washed up shit squad:coleman:

I would love to see LeBron leave and those washed up oldies go into lottery status in one of the weakest conferences ever :oldlol:

Cause thats what will happen... The Shaq/LeBron effect.

They leave > You not gonna make the playoffs.

EwingMan
06-20-2014, 12:15 PM
http://brotherswithnogame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/boondocksRiley500.jpg

no. riley knows what he's doing; lebron needs someone to challenge him (and support and structure), rather than someone to just throw him the keys, (or cloying attempts at ingratiation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVtqZgfFKgQ)

he's not leaving [yet].

(i bet blatt is a no nonsense coach, which i imagine would be good for bron; surprised more teams weren't courting him (going for kerr or fisher lol.))

Dresta
06-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Was the point to make a great speech or to reach a certain person in the audience? Because I said it was a great speech. But based on his reactions to things prior, the audience it was meant for (Lebron) doesn't react well to what Riley said and how he said it.

This wasn't a class debate, the purpose was to pull Lebron in, and it sounded like he pushed him away. Plus Pat was angry and said some things and used some words he didn't need to.

Your analysis is way to simple, it was a great speech so it will work basically. Great speech, yes. Will work? Probably, but not how he intended.
Whatever man... the reactions you, and plenty of media members are having to what was basically a call for everyone to get a grip and lay-off with the incessant shit-stirring are justified be your post on this thread alone.

Chumps doubting Pat Riley because they can plug another media narrative and get a boner over all the places Lebron could go. :facepalm

What a waste of time. At least half these 'sports reporters' shouldn't even have jobs - what is the point of them, to make stuff up and pretend to have inside info?

This whole period is just gonna be :sleeping

I know Riley will retool and put together a competitive roster, because he always does, i want Lebron to stay, but wouldn't mind too much if he left because at least all his ****ing idiot stans would piss off at last.

edit: cases in point:

Just **** off already you deluded children and hero-worshippers who spend, what, 10+ hours a day on a basketball forum? Lebron leaving would be unprecedented in basketball. To join a team having never won a title, and then make 4 finals trips in 4 years, and winning 2 chips, and then to leave. That would be the ultimate sign of disrespect and cowardice. Lebron didn't gift-wrap anything, he had the success he did because he played for a great organisation with a great team. HE is the one who should show some appreciation. Miami saved his legacy from being something like Barkley's.

red1
06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
why wouldnt he. stack dose chips broski

AirFederer
06-20-2014, 12:42 PM

This.

Or maybe he'll take a year playing baseball...or doing legal stuff in Colorado :rockon: