PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Smart or Joel Embiid? (for Orlando)

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Since Joel will likely fall out of the top 3 and since the shit tier Cleveland Cavaliers got the 1st pick I would say this is their option. Probably in the toughest spot in the draft tbh.
I also think that mayyyybeee if Embiid is still there after like #7 we could trade #12 + AA and move up so we can get Smart + Embiid.

Le Shaqtus
06-20-2014, 12:29 PM
F*ck this draft.

-Lebron23-
06-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Mods please move this sh

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:31 PM
F*ck this draft.
:( he supposedly had an EXCELLENT draft workout with the Magic while Smart was meh. and then this shit goes down.

russwest0
06-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Joel Embiid, next.

CavaliersFTW
06-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Orlando drafting another big? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Orlando drafting another big? Haven't they learned their lesson yet? :oldlol:
Didn't your team draft Anthony Bennet at #1 last season? :roll:

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 12:37 PM
I still think Orlando gets Exum. But, if Embiid truly does slip as much as draft analysts are projecting, then I agree the #4 is probably the worst place to be in terms of player selection.

IMO, if you have a top 5 pick in this draft, striking out on a prospect will haunt a franchise for years to come. More so than most drafts due to the talent at the top.

Gonna be an interesting week.

chocolatethunder
06-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Since Joel will likely fall out of the top 3 and since the shit tier Cleveland Cavaliers got the 1st pick I would say this is their option. Probably in the toughest spot in the draft tbh.
I also think that mayyyybeee if Embiid is still there after like #7 we could trade #12 + AA and move up so we can get Smart + Embiid.
Why do you want smart? Do you want the shortest backcourt in the league?

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Why do you want smart? Do you want the shortest backcourt in the league?
that isn't the shortest backcourt. i don't want Smart but hell...

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:42 PM
I still think Orlando gets Exum. But, if Embiid truly does slip as much as draft analysts are projecting, then I agree the #4 is probably the worst place to be in terms of player selection.

IMO, if you have a top 5 pick in this draft, striking out on a prospect will haunt a franchise for years to come. More so than most drafts due to the talent at the top.

Gonna be an interesting week.
How do they get Exum?

JUDGE WITNESS
06-20-2014, 12:42 PM
its so nice having a satellite team with a higher pick than u. draft embiid

KobesFinger
06-20-2014, 12:45 PM
No way the Lakers don't draft Embiid if he falls to us, if you don't select him you won't get him. I think Orlando drafts Vonleh.

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:46 PM
its so nice having a satellite team with a higher pick than u. draft embiid
Yeah. I'm sure the Rockets are glad that the Lakers got such a high pick this year.

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 12:48 PM
How do they get Exum?

If the Bucks say **** it, we're swinging for the fences, and still select Embiid.

It seems, though, that with the revelation of Embiid's injury and Philly being hellbent on drafting Wiggins, that they will likely trade up into the #1 or #2 spot. And if that happens, I'm fairly certain the Bucks will pass on Embiid, and draft Exum instead (if the trade is with Milkwaukee and not Cleveland).

wakencdukest
06-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Smart. Less risk.

Levity
06-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Embiid is indeed risky given his recent health issues, but if you guys are looking at ennis at 12, maybe its a risk worth taking. Vuc has the range to play a pf, but how is his lateral quickness?

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Embiid is indeed risky given his recent health issues, but if you guys are looking at ennis at 12, maybe its a risk worth taking. Vuc has the range to play a pf, but how is his lateral quickness?
he's slow.

russwest0
06-20-2014, 12:59 PM
you trade afflalo and nikolai to the okc thunder for lamb and perkins and then draft embiid

oladipo
lamb
harris
nicholson
embiid

westbrook
afflalo
durant
ibaka
adams

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 01:05 PM
you trade afflalo and nikolai to the okc thunder for lamb and perkins and then draft embiid

oladipo
lamb
harris
nicholson
embiid

westbrook
afflalo
durant
ibaka
adams
are you ****ing retarded?

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 01:32 PM

Is that the only line you have in your arsenal?

The over/under on the amount of times you pose that question as a retort per day is probably 5. Get some new material.

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Is that the only line you have in your arsenal?

The over/under on the amount of times you pose that question as a retort per day is probably 5. Get some new material.
what

russwest0
06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
perkins would show embiid the ropes :cheers:

Fudge
06-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Mods?

Move this to the garbage ass Magic forum.

Please and thanks.

GimmeThat
06-20-2014, 02:00 PM

the thing is this offer might not make sense now, even if OKC does throw picks in there to sweeten up the pot.

but how this exact same deal may look come trade deadline depending on how the team record is as well as the contract the Magic has signed.

I don't know what FA out there, and what picks they can get for next year (since that's once again based on team records)

it's not impossible, but I wouldn't even be surprised if some player is being tested out there just to showcase their potential trade value for OKC.

HOoopCityJones
06-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Orlando said they'd take Vonleh over Embiid and Smart.

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
the thing is this offer might not make sense now, even if OKC does throw picks in there to sweeten up the pot.

but how this exact same deal may look come trade deadline depending on how the team record is as well as the contract the Magic has signed.

I don't know what FA out there, and what picks they can get for next year (since that's once again based on team records)

it's not impossible, but I wouldn't even be surprised if some player is being tested out there just to showcase their potential trade value for OKC.
stop

Le Shaqtus
06-20-2014, 02:07 PM
We're at the shittiest spot in this draft, losing out on Parker and Wiggins.

If we draft Embiid we have to put with shitty Laker fan's "lololol can't wait for Embiid to be in a laker uniform in a couple years" plus we don't need a center.

Exum is the most mysterious of the prospects, with this highly touted potential but hasn't really proven himself at all, personally think he's overrated.

Smart, undersized 2, not that great a playmaker, not very athletic and can't really shoot. We'd just be drafting Oladipo again except Dipo can defend.

I'd rather just take Vonleh at this point, what a wasted season, we got screwed. Cleveland better be in the playoffs next season or I'll be pissed.

senelcoolidge
06-20-2014, 02:29 PM
Orlando is a team that should take a shot with Embiid. Sure we don't know if he will be injury prone and just bust out, but he could be really good. He may just take some time. I think Orlando is a good spot for him. Young, you also have other young bigs. I'd do it if I knew that his injuries weren't career limiting.

Milbuck
06-20-2014, 02:37 PM
If the Bucks say **** it, we're swinging for the fences, and still select Embiid.

It seems, though, that with the revelation of Embiid's injury and Philly being hellbent on drafting Wiggins, that they will likely trade up into the #1 or #2 spot. And if that happens, I'm fairly certain the Bucks will pass on Embiid, and draft Exum instead (if the trade is with Milkwaukee and not Cleveland).
Yeah, I really doubt we take a chance with Embiid. Especially after Bogut, it just can't happen. There'd be riots in Madison and Milwaukee if we took Embiid and he busted hard from injuries.

I think Cleveland likes Jabari if they pass on Embiid. Which means Philly could still have him at #2 if they trade up. The rumored trade is Philly's 3 & 10 for either the #2 or #1, doesn't matter which one if Cleveland is actually going with Jabari like it's been reported. Cleveland would take Jabari, Philly would take Wiggins, and Milwaukee would take Exum with the #3 and one of Randle/Stauskas/Gordon/Saric with the #10. Gordon is unlikely, but with Randle's reported foot injury, he might slight a few spots to #10.

Rubio2Gasol
06-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Orlando almost certainly won't draft Embid.

Levity
06-20-2014, 02:41 PM
damn, embiid really may fall to 5-7 then.

Milbuck
06-20-2014, 02:44 PM
How legitimate are the rumors of Cleveland trading the #1 to Utah for the #5 and Favors or Kanter? Because if that doesn't happen, Embiid could reasonably fall to the Celtics or Lakers. Holy shit what a turn of events in the past couple days. We went from Cleveland all but locking up Embiid...to everyone's mocks being screwed and Embiid potentially dropping to the 7th?

senelcoolidge
06-20-2014, 02:47 PM
If Embiid drops to the lakers that is another potential broken player the lakers may draft. Randle or Embiid.

Rubio2Gasol
06-20-2014, 02:49 PM
If Embiid drops to the lakers that is another potential broken player the lakers may draft. Randle or Embiid.

I doubt they care.

The Celtics and the Lakers really should take him, they're big markets anyway, they can get players whenever, you don't pass on a Franchise talent.

senelcoolidge
06-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I doubt they care.

The Celtics and the Lakers really should take him, they're big markets anyway, they can get players whenever, you don't pass on a Franchise talent.

Embiid isn't dropping that far, unless he has an injury that will limit or shorten his career.

TMT
06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
F*ck you Embiid. Killing our chances at getting Exum. If the Magic get stuck with Smart... :facepalm

Rubio2Gasol
06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Embiid isn't dropping that far, unless he has an injury that will limit or shorten his career.

Cavs - Wiggins/Parker
Bucks - Wiggins/Parker
Philly - ? Have a good young core already including a center. Probably go with Exum
Orlando - ^^ Same as Philly. Probably Smart, GM seems to like him
Utah - Want to trade up. Want Parker, don't like anyone else that much it seems, players dodging them.

Let's say Utah trades up and Cavs get the 5th pick, do they pick Embiid at 5?

outbreak
06-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Vonleh. Marcus smart is a turd.

outbreak
06-20-2014, 04:43 PM
His foot injury will. The bone he has fractured is the main supporting bone. Its a sign he will likely have fractures and micro fractures his whole career

Milbuck
06-20-2014, 04:56 PM
F*ck you Embiid. Killing our chances at getting Exum. If the Magic get stuck with Smart... :facepalm
Wait what?

KyrieTheFuture
06-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Smart so you can have the most overrated back court in the league

BlackVVaves
06-20-2014, 05:02 PM
His foot injury will. The bone he has fractured is the main supporting bone. Its a sign he will likely have fractures and micro fractures his whole career

Yeah, he's going to have a screw in his foot for the rest of his playing career.

Levity
06-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Wait what?

haha. im thinking the same thing.

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Smart so you can have the most overrated back court in the league
Says the Kyrie fan :roll:

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2014, 05:49 PM
How legitimate are the rumors of Cleveland trading the #1 to Utah for the #5 and Favors or Kanter? Because if that doesn't happen, Embiid could reasonably fall to the Celtics or Lakers. Holy shit what a turn of events in the past couple days. We went from Cleveland all but locking up Embiid...to everyone's mocks being screwed and Embiid potentially dropping to the 7th?
I've heard from a reliable source that the Cavs are far more likely to trade Kyrie Irving than they are to trade the No. 1 pick... And, Irving being traded is also highly unlikely. It was just a way of saying these rumors are pure bunk.

This Utah rumor in particular makes zero sense. I could almost see if they still wanted to roll the dice on Embiid doing a deal with Philly at No. 3, but moving down to 5? In this draft? F#ck that.

The Iron Sheik
06-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I really doubt we take a chance with Embiid. Especially after Bogut, it just can't happen. There'd be riots in Madison and Milwaukee if we took Embiid and he busted hard from injuries.

that's a risk I think the bucks are willing to take. 12 people isn't enough to cause any significant damage

JUDGE WITNESS
06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
that's a risk I think the bucks are willing to take. 12 people isn't enough to cause any significant damage
:lol