PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Cavs still like Embiid

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/6/20/5826466/joel-embiid-injury-cleveland-cavaliers

Or they may trade down to Philly for #3 and Thad Young or Utah for #5 and Favors. Cavs may still be able to draft Embiid between 1-5, while getting additional pieces.

Possible?

Levity
06-20-2014, 01:12 PM
i think its highly possible if they do the trade with philly. i dont see phily or MIL taking embiid, so he'll most likely be on the board at 3, if CAVs truly want him.

Who would Jazz take at 1? Parker, exum? and how would favors and embiid work, any how?

Beastmode88
06-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Another bust inc? Bran's future? Check.

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 01:27 PM
i think its highly possible if they do the trade with philly. i dont see phily or MIL taking embiid, so he'll most likely be on the board at 3, if CAVs truly want him.

Who would Jazz take at 1? Parker, exum? and how would favors and embiid work, any how?
Honestly, anything is possible right now. Nail biting time in Philly. I think Wiggins is Hinkie's guy, and we are likely to do whatever it takes to get him. Maybe even 3 and 10 for Cavs #1. Philly may then trade Thad and 2nds for mid level 1st rounders. There may not be a real difference between 10 and say, 15, after all.

I think Cavs know this and are playing both Philly and Utah.

Im so nba'd out
06-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Uncle Drew
06-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Liberty Ballers = Sixers source. We're not taking him.

Jailblazers7
06-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Utah really wants Parker so they might see this as their chance to make a play for him. Philly does really want Wiggins but I suppose it all depends on the Cavs intentions. If Philly thinks they will still take Embiid, then they might try to call their bluff. However, the Jazz could force their hand potentially.

A trade back to 5 is risky if they still want Embiid because Orlando could very well take him if Exum is off the board at 3. Interesting scenario for sure. I really don't want to see Philly trade away that #10 pick but it might be necessary if we really want Wiggins that badly.

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Hope those dip shits take him at #1

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Liberty Ballers = Sixers source. We're not taking him.
Oh c'mon, take a chance with Embiid!:lol

Haymaker
06-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Why is it so hard for the Cavs to take Parker or Wiggins????

Fudge
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Fcuking THIS.

The fcuk is wrong with their FO? Their drafting and eye for talent/need is lacking.

BoutPractice
06-20-2014, 02:49 PM
Because there are serious doubts about both?

That's the problem with the 4 top prospects in this draft.

Parker is supposedly the most polished but has the lowest ceiling of the three and may not have as high a floor as some think (as in, he's not an automatic all-star, and certainly not "Carmelo Anthony at worst").

Exum has a higher ceiling but hasn't been "vetted" and scrutinized as the other 3, which allows him to get away with weaknesses that would otherwise be questioned. People just know about his reputation and the Penny Hardaway comparison, so whenever they don't know something about him, they assume the positive instead of treating him with the appropriate caution and paranoia.

Wiggins has an even higher ceiling but big red flags concerning his game as a raw ballhandler and inconsistent shooter who has difficulties finishing at the rim. Combine this with questions about his desire/aggressiveness, and you have an enigma.

Embiid has the highest ceiling of all 4, a well-rounded game, and an obvious competitive advantage from the get-go, but also comes with big red flags concerning, this time, his body (and to a lesser extent, his foul rate, so in a way the Oden comparison comes in handy, although he's much more polished offensively).

It's a unique situation, where the top 4 picks could either be perennial all-stars/HOFers or extremely disappointing. There's a bit of that each year, but rarely do you get such a combination of risk and potential.

Dr.J4ever
06-20-2014, 03:18 PM

Parker is supposedly the most polished but has the lowest ceiling of the three and may not have as high a floor as some think (as in, he's not an automatic all-star, and certainly not "Carmelo Anthony at worst").

Exum has a higher ceiling but hasn't been "vetted" and scrutinized as the other 3, which allows him to get away with weaknesses that would otherwise be questioned. People just know about his reputation and the Penny Hardaway comparison, so whenever they don't know something about him, they assume the positive instead of treating him with the appropriate caution and paranoia.

Wiggins has an even higher ceiling but big red flags concerning his game as a raw ballhandler and inconsistent shooter who has difficulties finishing at the rim. Combine this with questions about his desire/aggressiveness, and you have an enigma.

Embiid has the highest ceiling of all 4, a well-rounded game, and an obvious competitive advantage from the get-go, but also comes with big red flags concerning, this time, his body (and to a lesser extent, his foul rate, so in a way the Oden comparison comes in handy, although he's much more polished offensively).

It's a unique situation, where the top 4 picks could either be perennial all-stars/HOFers or extremely disappointing. There's a bit of that each year, but rarely do you get such a combination of risk and potential.

And now, a new development..Blatt gets into the picture. You have to figure he will have major input into this decision.

Dizzle-2k7
06-20-2014, 03:23 PM
parker is the surest all star since lebron/melo...

go ahead cavs.. fukk this one up too so we can all get a good chuckle

sixerfan82
06-20-2014, 03:29 PM

Someone either has heart/desire or they don't, but can't the other things be acquired over time? Jordan wasn't a consistent shooter at first either, he worked on it over time.

kshutts1
06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Honestly, anything is possible right now. Nail biting time in Philly. I think Wiggins is Hinkie's guy, and we are likely to do whatever it takes to get him. Maybe even 3 and 10 for Cavs #1. Philly may then trade Thad and 2nds for mid level 1st rounders. There may not be a real difference between 10 and say, 15, after all.

I think Cavs know this and are playing both Philly and Utah.
If I'm the Bulls, I'd give you 16 for Young and future seconds or a single protected first.

BoutPractice
06-20-2014, 03:51 PM
sixerfan82 > Well, precisely, he can acquire them if he dedicates himself to being the best player he can be 200%. But as I said, I'm not sure yet he's that kind of person... things have come so easy to him he hasn't really been tested yet. We'll see.

But what I'm worried about in particular is the risk of combining those several deficiencies I've mentioned together. If you weren't certain about whether his shooting will translate, it would make you more confident if he were a sure thing as a finisher. And vice versa. But at this point in his career nothing is certain. He either needs to bulk up to get better at finishing through contact, or work on his jump shot so it can become a consistent weapon to be feared by opponents. Thankfully for him, I think at least one of the two will happen.

As for the Jordan comparison, sure. Jordan was statistically worse in his freshman year than Wiggins in his so there's always hope.

GOBB
06-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Call the Cavs bluff. No way I'm giving up 3 & 10 for #1. 3 and Thad or eat shyt.

chocolatethunder
06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Call the Cavs bluff. No way I'm giving up 3 & 10 for #1. 3 and Thad or eat shyt.
No need to worry. Hinkie will do his thing. Everyone worrying about what's gonna happen just needs to chill. Hinkie will probably do something that no one is even thinking of. He'll prob walk away with Wiggins and Embiid. Dude knows what he's doing. I'm just gonna chill and watch him do his thing Thursday.