PDA

View Full Version : Rockets to make all out push for Bran James

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:37 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24593226/report-rockets-to-make-all-out-push-for-lebron-james

Hopefully he stays with the heat, if he runs away after making 4 straight finals that'll be really pathetic.

If he does join the rockets, will they be the official "no guts" team comprised of guys who bail when faced with adversity?

Honestly tho, I don't see Lebron heading west. He'd have to play the spurs 4 times a year and would need to go through them just to make the finals

Rocketswin2013
06-20-2014, 05:38 PM
How is this even thread worthy

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:40 PM

You're right Lebrons pending free agency and teams gearing up to do whatever they can to get him isn't thread worthy :rolleyes:

:wtf:

DStebb716
Bad move in my mind. I don't think LeBron will go ring-chasing in that manner. I think he has three real options this summer -- Miami, Cleveland, LA Clippers.

Miami would be the safe option, Cleveland would be the move to heal all wounds and win one at home, LAC would give him an elite squad where he can live in LA and play with good friend Chris Paul.

He doesn't have the good friends on Houston like he does on LAC, so I think they would trump and can capably clear cap in a sign-and-trade or dumps elsewhere.

Lebron23
Dwight Howard made the right decisions. He don't want to play with a 36 yrs.old low iq chucker who's been devastated by injuries in the last 2 years.

The poster above is correct Dwight and LeBron aren't friends. They hated each other.

riseagainst
06-20-2014, 05:41 PM

shouldn't you be happy? Or are u just a lebron stan pretending to be a rockets fan?

Rocketswin2013
06-20-2014, 05:42 PM
shouldn't you be happy? Or are u just a lebron stan pretending to be a rockets fan?
I've posted tons of reports but w/e. Carry on.

pastis
06-20-2014, 05:42 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24593226/report-rockets-to-make-all-out-push-for-lebron-james

Hopefully he stays with the heat, if he runs away after making 4 straight finals that'll be really pathetic.

If he does join the rockets, will they be the official "no guts" team comprised of guys who bail when faced with adversity?

Honestly tho, I don't see Lebron heading west. He'd have to play the spurs 4 times a year and would need to go through them just to make the finals

well it seems so. but you have to consider that ny didnt want lin and that harden would never be the man in okc. so i can understand their team switching.
but howard.... if he wins it al know in houston, nobody will question his move

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:43 PM
I've posted tons of reports but w/e. Carry on.

Story is 2 hours old

Rocketswin2013
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Bad move in my mind. I don't think LeBron will go ring-chasing in that manner. I think he has three real options this summer -- Miami, Cleveland, LA Clippers.

Miami would be the safe option, Cleveland would be the move to heal all wounds and win one at home, LAC would give him an elite squad where he can live in LA and play with good friend Chris Paul.

He doesn't have the good friends on Houston like he does on LAC, so I think they would trump and can capably clear cap in a sign-and-trade or dumps elsewhere.
Man...I'm not about even post the article, again...But the Clippers won't come remotely close to getting LeBron...No matter what Simmons says....

And LeBron and Harden are at the very least, decent friends......They were tweeting each other during the season. and when Harden got traded to OKC he gave him compliments and called him a 'superstar' etc.....Don't know about Dwight...But hate each other? Really?

Akrazotile
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
You're right Lebron pending free agency and teams gearing up to do whatever they can to get him isn't thread worthy :rolleyes:

:oldlol:

Its kind of not, theres no way whatsoever hes leaving.

He left Cleveland bc he needed to win SOMETHING. Obviously hed like to add to his chip title but hes already got two, he doesnt need to go chasing them now. Hes in a good city, good organization, and its not like the Heat have fallen apart. Honestly you dont have to put a lot around Bran to at leadt have a chance. As Riley said, they need to retool and Im sure they will.

Bran's image is not repaired enough yet to handle a second Decision and Im almost certain he knows that. Hes not going anywhere this year. So all the speculation is just a waste of air IMO. Any team or fanbase putting their eggs in that basket is just wasting their own time.

Lebron23
06-20-2014, 05:46 PM

Spurs are gonna be 1 year older next year. I actually expect the Pelicans to knock them out in the first round of the playoffs. Pelicans with a better record than the Lakers next year.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Its kind of not.

But the mindless drivel and empty attention whoring threats to leave ISH you pump out are thread worthy?

Hop on another alt and respond to this.

JT123
06-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Shouldn't you want this to happen? You have been bitching all season about how the Heat are the most stacked team of all time relative to competition, which means him going to another team would make the road harder. :confusedshrug:
You really need to develop some consistency with your agendas dude. How could leaving "the most stacked team of all time" be cowardly?

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Spurs are gonna be 1 year older next year. I actually expect the Pelicans to knock them out in the first round of the playoffs. Pelicans with a better record than the Lakers next year.

Spurs were one year older this year too..

And predicting a team that didnt make the playoffs to knock off the defending champs in the first round..

I'm sure you came to that conclusion based on logic and not emotion :oldlol: :oldlol:

DStebb716
06-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Man...I'm not about even post the article, again...But the Clippers won't come remotely close to getting LeBron...No matter what Simmons says....

And LeBron and Harden are at the very least, decent friends......They were tweeting each other during the season. and when Harden got traded to OKC he gave him compliments and called him a 'superstar' etc.....Don't know about Dwight...But hate each other? Really?

You're pretty slow, eh? I never said anybody hates or even dislikes anybody... Fool.

And if the Clippers feel confident that they have a shot at LeBron they'll get it done. If LeBron wants to go somewhere he'll end up there. Any of the 30 teams.

riseagainst
06-20-2014, 05:50 PM

will the Cavs have a better record too? That is your team isn't it?

sd3035
06-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Bran James will not go west, he's a frontrunning coward who needs to stay in the D league east

JT123
06-20-2014, 05:51 PM

I thought Bron and Dwight were supposed to be friends. I remember Bron got crucified by the media in 2009 for not shaking hands with "his good buddy" Dwight after losing in the Conference Finals. :rolleyes:

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Shouldn't you want this to happen? You have been bitching all season about how the Heat are the most stacked team of all time relative to competition, which means him going to another team would make the road harder. :confusedshrug:
You really need to develop some consistency with your agendas dude. How could leaving "the most stacked team of all time" be cowardly?

Because after hand picking his teammates while playing on the most talented team in the league he faces one year of adversity and is already looking to leave..?

Pretty pathetic. Or as Pat Riley (the guy you've spent all year callin the don & a masterful basketball mind) put it..

"No guts"

Rocketswin2013
06-20-2014, 05:53 PM
You're pretty slow, eh? I never said anybody hates or even dislikes anybody... Fool.

And if the Clippers feel confident that they have a shot at LeBron they'll get it done. If LeBron wants to go somewhere he'll end up there. Any of the 30 teams.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/clippers-and-rockets-to-pursue-lebron-james-if-he-becomes-free-agent/

If you’re looking for a clue to Simmons’ knowledge of the Rockets’ and Clippers’ intentions, his Clippers plan doesn’t even come close to working.

If they trade DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford, Jared Dudley and their first-round pick without any salary returning, the Clippers would have just $6,566,562 in space below the projected salary cap. Considering, LeBron’s max starting salary is projected to be $20,659,633, that wouldn’t come close to cutting it.

Simmons doesn’t specify what Darren Collison, Glen Davis and Danny Granger – who each have player options – will do, but even if they all opt out, the Clippers would have just $9,574,848 in cap space. Again, that won’t get LeBron.

Heck, even if they trim their roster to only Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, the Clippers couldn’t offer LeBron his max contract.

I bet the Clippers and Rockets want LeBron and would chase him if he terminates his contract. But getting him to leave the Heat will be a huge challenge.

The only way the Clippers would even have a shot at LeBorn is if they S & T Blake Griffin. Riley has already said he won't S & T LeBron.......

Lol he'd have to take MLE or some shit

Jameerthefear
06-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Lebron and Dwight don't hate each other at all.

Lebron23
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Because after hand picking his teammates while playing on the most talented team in the league he faces one year of adversity and is already looking to leave..?

Pretty pathetic. Or as Pat Riley (the guy you've spent all year callin the don & a masterful basketball mind) put it..

"No guts"

Lakers also acquired Nash and Howard and they were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. You need to develop some team chemistry. That's why I think Lebron stays in Miami. They just need to retool. Add some younger role players via draft, and some late 20's free agent.

JT123
06-20-2014, 05:59 PM

"No guts"
Only it hasn't been one year of adversity, it has been every year. Lebron has had way too many responsibilities on this team, and has to play like superman in every playoff game just for them to have a chance of winning. He came to Miami so that even if he had an occasional bad game the team would still have a decent shot at winning, but that has never been the case since he got there. Getting pushed to 7 games by an old Boston team and offensively challenged Pacer team because Bosh and Wade can't put up consistent production in the playoffs. Bron is having to work way too hard.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Only it hasn't been one year of adversity, it has been every year. Bron is having to work way too hard.

Bran stans :roll: :roll:

Milbuck
06-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Why the **** would Lebron go to that trash franchise and trash city? They have one, supposedly two, superstars and they still got penetrated in the first round...again. Everything about that team sucks except Dwight, and Dwight himself hasn't been "superman" in about 2-3 years.

Akrazotile
06-20-2014, 06:34 PM
But the mindless drivel and empty attention whoring threats to leave ISH you pump out are thread worthy?

Hop on another alt and respond to this.

:roll:

Nice and spacious here in your head bro, thanks so much for lettin me stay rent free

Solefade
06-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Bran stans :roll: :roll:

you really don't believe it's been hard for lebron every year? lol back to back 7 game ecf in 2012 and 2013, 7 games in 2013 finals w/ an injured d.wade?

jzek
06-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Rockets fan since '14

DStebb716
06-20-2014, 06:37 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/clippers-and-rockets-to-pursue-lebron-james-if-he-becomes-free-agent/

The only way the Clippers would even have a shot at LeBorn is if they S & T Blake Griffin. Riley has already said he won't S & T LeBron.......

Lol he'd have to take MLE or some shit

It doesn't say what Riley says. If he doesn't do a sign and trade then LeBron walks for nothing and future players refuse to play for him for not helping take care of a player who brought him two championships.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 06:38 PM
you really don't believe it's been hard for lebron every year? lol back to back 7 game ecf in 2012 and 2013, 7 games in 2013 finals w/ an injured d.wade?

Seriously? How many other superstars have been surrounded by 2 all stars for the past 4 years..

bagelred
06-20-2014, 06:40 PM
OK, so what's the story with everyone calling Lebron "Bran". Is there a reason?

JUDGE WITNESS
06-20-2014, 06:44 PM
y would he go to that shitty team

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 06:48 PM
why the **** would lebron care that he needs to play the spurs 2 more times then usual in the 82 game regular season?

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Dwight Howard made the right decisions. He don't want to play with a 36 yrs.old low iq chucker who's been devastated by injuries in the last 2 years.

The poster above is correct Dwight and LeBron aren't friends. They hated each other.

Really?

I saw them have some fun together at the ASG 2 or 3 times now, already.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Seriously? How many other superstars have been surrounded by 2 all stars for the past 4 years..

BOSH WOULDNT BE AN ALL STAR IN THE WEST

Can you agree with this? Just asking... No hypotheticals, Toronto Bosh, etc.

Would he make an ASG in the West with Dirk/Griffin/Love/Lee/Howard/Aldridge... Yes or No.

And Wade has been done by either times the postseason rolled along... Its name/popularity/reputation.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 06:51 PM
why the **** would lebron care that he needs to play the spurs 2 more times then usual in the 82 game regular season?

I guess you missed the part about having to beat them.. Just to the to the finals

The-Legend-24
06-20-2014, 06:52 PM
:oldlol:

longtime lurker
06-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Still get dominated by the Spurs, Thunder and probably even Clippers.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Dwight Howard and LeBron james both bolting to Houston and playing on the same team.

Combine those two with flopper James Harden.

You have the most hated team in the NBA.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 06:58 PM
BOSH WOULDNT BE AN ALL STAR IN THE WEST

Can you agree with this? Just asking... No hypotheticals, Toronto Bosh, etc.

Would he make an ASG in the West with Dirk/Griffin/Love/Lee/Howard/Aldridge... Yes or No.

And Wade has been done by either times the postseason rolled along... Its name/popularity/reputation.

Ok and does Lebron have to go through any of those guys & their teams to the to the finals?

No..

So the teams Lebron faces out east in the playoffs, he has the best big on his team a good amount of the time.

Melo, Milssap & Bosh were the 3 power forwards selected this year in the east.

Melo missed the playoffs.

Milsap didn't face Lebron..

So Lebron had the only eastern all star power forward on his team throughout the entire playoffs...

Bosh has been an all star every single year since 2006.

Your point obliterated.

rezznor
06-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Still get dominated by the Spurs, Thunder and probably even Clippers.rockets swept the spurs last season..

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 07:10 PM
rockets swept the spurs last season..

:wtf:

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I guess you missed the part about having to beat them.. Just to the to the finals

Nope.. simply responded to the "4 times a year" part

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok and does Lebron have to go through any of those guys & their teams to the to the finals?

No..

So the teams Lebron faces out east in the playoffs, he has the best big on his team a good amount of the time.

Melo, Milssap & Bosh were the 3 power forwards selected this year in the east.

Melo missed the playoffs.

Milsap didn't face Lebron..

So Lebron had the only eastern all star power forward on his team throughout the entire playoffs...

Bosh has been an all star every single year since 2006.

Your point obliterated.

the difference is minimal.. Ibaka > Bosh.

Bosh is like the only option left in the horrible east. He's not a game changer.

JT123
06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Yup, and eventually the Spurs are going to get old and have to rebuild. It may not be next season, but I seriously doubt the Spurs will still be contenders two years from now, meaning they won't be a big enough reason to keep Lebron out of the Western Conference. :no:

Uncle Drew
06-20-2014, 07:26 PM
This can't be serious.

rezznor
06-20-2014, 07:35 PM
This can't be serious.

They did. Then again, OKC and clips killed us. All about match ups

Lebron23
06-20-2014, 07:39 PM

Styles makes fight.

TheMarkMadsen
06-20-2014, 07:39 PM

If youre talking regular season W/L between 2 teams it means nothing when it comes to who has a better shot in the playoffs.

Nets swept the heat in the regular season and it meant nothing

Rocketswin2013
06-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Only the Cavs can offer something as good as Houston if LeBron opts out.