gts
06-21-2014, 03:30 AM
now that would be a legitimate use of the 7th slot

JimmyMcAdocious
06-21-2014, 03:33 AM
Then what would Minnesota get?

miles berg
06-21-2014, 03:33 AM
Great trade for LA. Move Kobe full time to SF.

Great trade for LA,

Inferno
06-21-2014, 03:35 AM
Hmm....who's available at 7? :coleman:

VIntageNOvel
06-21-2014, 03:37 AM
now we're talking

Bosnian Sajo
06-21-2014, 03:41 AM
Praise Allah!! Sign Lowry, trade for Asik, and resign Gasol and the crew from last year...Chips :party:

mariodeathgrip
06-21-2014, 03:42 AM
Hum, lakers can't trade 3 1 st round picks n a row. They need to drAft first i think. Sorry not sure.. but i want Pat Riley as Lakers new coach..don't know why. Just gut instant...only my pipedream

All Net
06-21-2014, 03:42 AM
Least we get instant impact.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-21-2014, 03:50 AM
Klay is better than whoever is available at #7 imo. Good move for the Lakers. Does this mean Kobe would play the 3?

bdreason
06-21-2014, 03:53 AM
I wonder if this is because Klay won't sign an extension with Minnesota. Klay is in the last year of his contract, and I'm sure any team that trades for him would want him to sign an extension.

All Net
06-21-2014, 03:58 AM
I wonder if this is because Klay won't sign an extension with Minnesota. Klay is in the last year of his contract, and I'm sure any team that trades for him would want him to sign an extension.
Maybe, he loves LA for obvious reasons.

Bosnian Sajo
06-21-2014, 03:59 AM

He's restricted, so it doesn't really matter if he signs an extension or not.

Bond007
06-21-2014, 06:21 AM
read this scenario on another board

chris broussard scenario now makes sense for the lakers

love/martin/13th pick for david lee/klay

13th pick+ klay Thompson to lakers
love goes to GSW
lee + 7th pick goes to the wolves

Rubio2Gasol
06-21-2014, 06:28 AM
They get a 13th + Klay :biggums:

Bond007
06-21-2014, 06:32 AM
that's from chris broussard . If thats the case it's stupid for the Lakers not to take that deal.

bigkingsfan
06-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Kobe would have to be the 6th man.

Yankstar
06-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Face it Kobe would turn Klay into the top SG in the league in 1-2 years.

Harden = All nba first team SG

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140117042848/pacificrim/images/7/7e/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

BlackWhiteGreen
06-21-2014, 06:36 AM

love goes to GSW

Lakers don't need #13 to do that deal so why would Minnesota include it?

Bond007
06-21-2014, 06:37 AM
If they can get thompson and Elfrid payton with the 13th then this would have been a very successful Draft using the 7th pick for the lakers:applause:

Yankstar
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM

As Stern would put it "Basketball reasons" :roll:

Bond007
06-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Lakers have apprehensions on doing the 7th straight up for clay . they can get a randle with that pick.

-Lebron23-
06-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Lakers have apprehensions on doing the 7th straight up for clay . they can get a randle with that pick.
How many randles are there available? Can I get a randle too?

All Net
06-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Kobe would have to be the 6th man.
Yeah that's really happening.

Bond007
06-21-2014, 07:05 AM
How many randles are there available? Can I get a randle too?

Chill bro:oldlol: don't kill the messenger...

Bond007
06-21-2014, 07:08 AM
these are the players projected to be around the 7th pick area, they are no guarantees though but have potential

Randle, Smart, Vonleh, Gordon

Rubio2Gasol
06-21-2014, 07:12 AM
I think Minnesota.will take McDermott.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-21-2014, 07:15 AM

They can't get a player better than Thompson with 7 unless Embiid reeeeaallly falls and he still becomes what people believe he can be.

The deal you're effectively offering Minnesota here is downgrading Love to Lee (huge, and Lee has a lot of guaranteed $$) for the opportunity to move up 6 places in the draft and get out of Martins contract?

Compare that to potentially 3 or 4 picks from Boston + a cheap player in Olynyk or Sullinger - not as good as Lee but easier to stomach paying them 10% of the money - and it really doesn't stack up.

Rubio2Gasol
06-21-2014, 07:18 AM
They can't get a player better than Thompson with 7 unless Embiid reeeeaallly falls and he still becomes what people believe he can be.

The deal you're effectively offering Minnesota here is downgrading Love to Lee (huge, and Lee has a lot of guaranteed $$) for the opportunity to move up 6 places in the draft and get out of Martins contract?

Compare that to potentially 3 or 4 picks from Boston + a cheap player in Olynyk or Sullinger - not as good as Lee but easier to stomach paying them 10% of the money - and it really doesn't stack up.

Is that on the table as well?

I can see why they want Lee, even with the guaranteed money. They don't want to.tank, they actually want to make the playoffs.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Is that on the table as well?

I can see why they want Lee, even with the guaranteed money. They don't want to.tank, they actually want to make the playoffs.

Well there would need to be some salary matching but Bogans is $5m unguaranteed, Bass is expiring at $6m and with Sullinger or Olynyk that works in the trade machine. If they wanted to dump Martin too you can include Joel Anthony's expiring and Chris Johnson's unguaranteed minimum deal and that works in the TM too.

I'd be surprised if Ainge offered 3 picks straight away but he has the option of doing so (2 picks in 4 of the next 5 years and a pick swap with Brooklyn in 2017, and a potential 1st rounder from Philly if they make the playoffs. IF.)

If they want to win now they'd just take Thompson and Lee instead of pissing around with the #7 pick.

Rubio2Gasol
06-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Well there would need to be some salary matching but Bogans is $5m unguaranteed, Bass is expiring at $6m and with Sullinger or Olynyk that works in the trade machine. If they wanted to dump Martin too you can include Joel Anthony's expiring and Chris Johnson's unguaranteed minimum deal and that works in the TM too.

I'd be surprised if Ainge offered 3 picks straight away but he has the option of doing so (2 picks in 4 of the next 5 years and a pick swap with Brooklyn in 2017, and a potential 1st rounder from Philly if they make the playoffs. IF.)

If they want to win now they'd just take Thompson and Lee instead of pissing around with the #7 pick.

Well, that's what they originally wanted, No? But then Thompson's camp releases that he's almost suicidal at the thought of going to Minesota, and that's when these stories come out.

The only positive here, is you get a good player on a rookie deal, rather than one due for a huge payday next season.

They want to make the playoffs, but realistically they know they're not winning a championship. So they can save some money like this, maybe get a franchise player at 7, I dunno.

It's not a great deal, I agree, If Boston offers the 6th + Jeff Green or something like that, I think they'd take it.

Bobcats2013
06-21-2014, 07:50 AM
:biggums:

So we giving up Lee and Klay for just Love and Martin? Fvck that noise. Hell naw.

Nash
06-21-2014, 07:59 AM
why isn't minny keeping klay?

longtime lurker
06-21-2014, 08:35 AM
why isn't minny keeping klay?

Because he doesn't want to be there.

brownmamba00
06-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Don't think Klay is all that. I'd rather draft Marcus Smart.

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Hmm....who's available at 7? :coleman:
Julius Randle. Maybe Joel Embiid.

ZenMaster
06-21-2014, 09:20 AM

Heard this a thousand times, the claim that rookie X will never be as good as player X who's still very young himself.

Do you really believe that no player taken at the 7th spot could become just as good or better than Klay Thompson? The guy was an 11th pick himself and going back you'd probably argue he'd NEVER become the player he is today.

Nash
06-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Because he doesn't want to be there.
isn't he restricted?

Hey Yo
06-21-2014, 09:59 AM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/06/20/snags-warriors-kevin-love-talks-dont-want-take-back-kevin-martin-dont-want-include-klay-thompson/

A few hours ago an NBA source insisted to me that the Warriors flat-out will not agree to any of the proposals Minnesota is currently suggesting in the Kevin Love discussions.

Not now, not in a day, not in 400 days.

The first stumbling block: The Warriors are making it clear to everyone in the league, including Minnesota president Flip Saunders, that they very much do not want to part with Klay Thompson, the key part of any Minnesota demand.

Second big stumbling block: The Warriors have zero desire to take back expensive, no-defense shooting guard Kevin Martin in the deal, the source said.

ZenMaster
06-21-2014, 10:03 AM
isn't he restricted?

It's still a management and motivational issue. Do you really want a player who doesn't want to be there just because you can? Some do and some don't believe in that type of motivation.

Nash
06-21-2014, 10:14 AM
It's still a management and motivational issue. Do you really want a player who doesn't want to be there just because you can? Some do and some don't believe in that type of motivation.
what is the alternative? No player really wants to be in Minny. But the restriction is there for a reason for small market teams like Minny. They should use it and maybe, who knows, they'll form a great team when Klay is in the middle of his contract and he'll want to stay.

Rubio
Klay
Brewer
Lee
Pekovic

+ bunch of very good assets on the bench.

DMAVS41
06-21-2014, 10:30 AM

love goes to GSW

there is no ****ing way the Lakers are getting the 13th pick and Klay Thompson for the 7th pick

What is wrong with people?

ZenMaster
06-21-2014, 10:31 AM
what is the alternative? No player really wants to be in Minny. But the restriction is there for a reason for small market teams like Minny. They should use it and maybe, who knows, they'll form a great team when Klay is in the middle of his contract and he'll want to stay.

Rubio
Klay
Brewer
Lee
Pekovic

+ bunch of very good assets on the bench.

The alternative is to not acquire that player. They can use the rule and get the player if they want and it might end up best case scenario that you describe, but given that the player isn't motivated the situation ends up like Eric Gordon in New Orleans.

DMAVS41
06-21-2014, 10:35 AM

I don't see why the Minny pick is even on the table. It doesn't even make sense.

Here is how it should go down if the teams really are set on doing something like reported;

Warriors trade Klay to the Lakers for the 7th pick and Sacre....

Then the Warriors trade Lee/Crawford/7th pick/future first for Love/Martin/Barea

Warriors get the player they want in love and get two guards to fill in nicely for Klay. Home run deal for the Warriors.

The Lakers get a real player that is likely better than what you can get for the 7th pick regardless. Home run deal for the Lakers.

The Wolves get something back for Love at his position. Shed the Martin contract. Get the 7th pick and a future first...and create around 7 million in cap space as they'd be sending 25 million to the Warriors and only taking back around 18 million. Not a home run, but a very good deal that keeps the competitive now, adds cap space, and gets them two future assets.

bagelred
06-21-2014, 10:46 AM

love goes to GSW

That seems like a bad trade for Wolves...take on Lee's contract and only move up 6 spots in draft for Kevin Love? That doesn't seem right....

lilteapot
06-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Klay is big hit or miss. He'd be a valuable addition to LA though.

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Why does Klay not want to be in GS? They were so close to getting to the WCF last year...

ZeN
06-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Why does Klay not want to be in GS? They were so close to getting to the WCF last year...
He doesn't want to be in Minnesota, not Golden State.

fiddy
06-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Id rather draft Vonleh, Smart, Randle or Gordon (why not Embiid if he falls that much) than make the deal.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-21-2014, 11:27 AM
i like the deal for thad and mcw better.

Derka
06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm utterly lost on how dumping Kevin Love and getting David Lee is what gets you into the playoffs in the West.

Dro
06-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Id rather draft Vonleh, Smart, Randle or Gordon (why not Embiid if he falls that much) than make the deal.
This........Klay is good but not the player you need to get you over the top......

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm utterly lost on how dumping Kevin Love and getting David Lee is what gets you into the playoffs in the West.

Huh? It doesn't, losing Love for nothing doesn't get you into the playoffs either though.

Also yeah, the Lakers would be better served holding onto that pick.

ralph_i_el
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM

love goes to GSW

This is funny because lee is the poor mans Love and Klay is the rich mans Kmart (i guess you could call Klay "Target")

Rubio2Gasol
06-21-2014, 12:05 PM

It isn't, but they don't want to dump Kevin Love.

They have to, it's trade or lose him next year. Lee is the best player i'm seeing mentioned.

bluechox2
06-21-2014, 12:08 PM
lakers also get 99% management operations of the timberwolves for making such a good trade

dab0yech0
06-21-2014, 12:21 PM
If this happens, what kind of contract do the Lakers resign him to? Does he get at least 8-10 mil a year?

D-Rose
06-21-2014, 12:36 PM
If this happens, what kind of contract do the Lakers resign him to? Does he get at least 8-10 mil a year?
He will get the max, I'm sure.

I don't get why Minny does this trade. AFAIK, this is supposed to be a 3 way deal, where Minny gets the #7 pick instead of Klay for Love. Why would Flip take the #7 and David Lee for Kevin Love when there are other teams higher in the draft, hell even Cleveland at 1 that would give their pick for Love?

Makes little sense. If you read Marc Stein's article...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11115970/golden-state-warriors-pursuit-kevin-love-hits-impasse

The Los Angeles Times reported in Saturday's editions that the Los Angeles Lakers have tried to join the discussions by offering to include the No. 7 pick in Thursday's draft to the Wolves in a bid to route Thompson to L.A. in a three-way deal.

lol there is no report of mutual interest here, it's just the Lakers trying to find a way in.

also, the same article says talks b/t GSW/Minny have hit an impasse for now because GS is still unsure and divided on giving up Klay.

fiddy
06-21-2014, 12:41 PM

I don't get why Minny does this trade. AFAIK, this is supposed to be a 3 way deal, where Minny gets the #7 pick instead of Klay for Love. Why would Flip take the #7 and David Lee for Kevin Love when there are other teams higher in the draft, hell even Cleveland at 1 that would give their pick for Love?

Makes little sense. If you read Marc Stein's article...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11115970/golden-state-warriors-pursuit-kevin-love-hits-impasse

lol there is no report of mutual interest here, it's just the Lakers trying to find a way in.

also, the same article says talks b/t GSW/Minny have hit an impasse for now because GS is still unsure and divided on giving up Klay.
I dont get it tbh, Jim Buss is going run the Lakers in the ground :facepalm

Akrazotile
06-21-2014, 12:42 PM
ITT: Klay Thompson gets overrated.

Give up a #7 in a good draft to give Klay Thompson a max contract? :facepalm

Do yall not understand the CBA now? You HAVE to have impact guys on small contracts, either rookie contract guys or older veterans. And your MAX contracts have to be a Bran or a Durant or a CP3. Hell teams like the Spurs and Mavs might not have won if their stars didnt take less.

And you wanna start your rebuilding by losing a #7 pick in a good draft AND give KLAY THOMPSON a max contract???

Good god man. Honestly, the lack of understanding here is just, really astounding. Im so disappoint.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2014, 12:44 PM

You really Love would stay longterm with any of those Teams ahead of the number 7? They'd never agree to that deal.

Saunders wouldn't trade him to the Celtics or Lakers no matter what because they know that's exactly what Love wants, still pretty crafty of Flip when you think about it , he gets the Lakers 7th pick without having to trade Love there, plus players from GSW and future first rounder.

D-Rose
06-21-2014, 12:44 PM
I dont get it tbh, Jim Buss is going run the Lakers in the ground :facepalm
Agreed, he's a complete moron. The entire Lakers brain trust has been shit since the 2011 playoff exit. The future honestly looks pretty bleak. I don't think anyone significant is coming in 2015/2016. It's not the Lakers of the past anymore. Hopefully if they suck this coming year, they tank cause the draft pick belongs to PHX but is Top 5 protected :lol

noob cake
06-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Klay is not that good, definitely not worth #7 in this draft.

He is old (24).
His rookie contract is about to be over.
He just isn't that good. 18/2/3 on 14 PER. Can't create his own shot. he is pretty much a deluxe shooter. Not an ace defender.

I rather have any of Vonleh, Smart, Randle, Embiid if they are available at 7.

HOoopCityJones
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Klay is not that good, definitely not worth #7 in this draft.

He is old (24).
His rookie contract is about to be over.
He just isn't that good. 18/2/3 on 14 PER. Can't create his own shot. he is pretty much a deluxe shooter. Not an ace defender.

I rather have any of Vonleh, Smart, Randle, Embiid if they are available at 7.

:biggums:

You must be 13 if thats old.

D-Rose
06-21-2014, 12:48 PM
You really Love would stay longterm with any of those Teams ahead of the number 7? They'd never agree to that deal.

Saunders wouldn't trade him to the Celtics or Lakers no matter what because they know that's exactly what Love wants, still pretty crafty of Flip when you think about it , he gets the Lakers 7th pick without having to trade Love there, plus players from GSW and future first rounder.
You're thinking too much into it. Flip doesn't care where Love goes, as long as he gets the best deal possible.

According to NBA reporter Chris Sheridan, Love’s infatuation with Los Angeles has been overblown, and his top priority is playing for a contender. If Love wants to win a title, L.A. likely isn’t the place to do it.

The Lakers are not a contender anytime soon. Seriously, nobody wants to come to LA right now with the terrible management in place...and I don't think guys are too keen to play with Kobe. Did you see the interview w/ Love where he said the Knicks are attractive because of Phil Jackson? Gee, if only the Lakers had a chance to hire him at some point... :roll eyes:

Also, funny that you say "crafty of Flip" because the report says this is ALL the Lakers trying to butt into the deal lol.

GimmeThat
06-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Listen, if Andrew Bynum could have been the best center in the league

do NOT question Jim Buss's wisdom.

I mean, it's clear the guy got other moves in the back of his pocket.

If not, he just doesn't want to see the GSW to be stacked at the cost of the Lakers payroll.

That's pretty good economic strategy to help keep the Spurs and OKC to keep their dominance.

fiddy
06-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Listen, if Andrew Bynum could have been the best center in the league

do NOT question Jim Buss's wisdom.

I mean, it's clear the guy got other moves in the back of his pocket.

If not, he just doesn't want to see the GSW to be stacked at the cost of the Lakers payroll.

That's pretty good economic strategy to help keep the Spurs and OKC to keep their dominance.wtf did i just read

ZenMaster
06-21-2014, 01:04 PM
ITT: Klay Thompson gets overrated.

Give up a #7 in a good draft to give Klay Thompson a max contract? :facepalm

Do yall not understand the CBA now? You HAVE to have impact guys on small contracts, either rookie contract guys or older veterans. And your MAX contracts have to be a Bran or a Durant or a CP3. Hell teams like the Spurs and Mavs might not have won if their stars didnt take less.

And you wanna start your rebuilding by losing a #7 pick in a good draft AND give KLAY THOMPSON a max contract???

Good god man. Honestly, the lack of understanding here is just, really astounding. Im so disappoint.

What GM wants to give Thompson a max contract?

Akrazotile
06-21-2014, 01:06 PM
What GM wants to give Thompson a max contract?

I dont know if any GMs would, but people in this thread would, which are to whom my comments were directed.

D-Rose
06-21-2014, 01:07 PM
I dont know if any GMs would, but people in this thread would, which are to whom my comments were directed.
He would play the market as a RFA and get someone to get him at least near-max. Not saying he deserves it. GSW should trade him for Love b/c obviously Love is better but also b/c they will avoid overpaying Klay.

Nastradamus
06-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Lol, why would they take #7 from GS/LAL when they can get 6 and better other parts from Boston.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Lol, why would they take #7 from GS/LAL when they can get 6 and better other parts from Boston.
maybe k-love doesnt wanna play in boston

TheMarkMadsen
06-21-2014, 01:20 PM
No no no no no no

We need so much more than a glorified spot up shooter right now.

Lamar Odumbb
06-21-2014, 01:38 PM
It isn't, but they don't want to dump Kevin Love.

They have to, it's trade or lose him next year. Lee is the best player i'm seeing mentioned.

yeah, people donty understand that TWolves have zero leverage just like the Lakers had zero leverage when Shaq demanded a trade and they got back washed up Brian Grant, 2nd year Caron Butler, and Lamar Odom.

Derka
06-21-2014, 01:43 PM
maybe k-love doesnt wanna play in boston

Doesn't matter what Kevin Love wants here. Danny has already said he'd take his chances on trading for him without a guaranteed extension. A few GMs have, actually.

Its really on Flip Saunders to decide how he wants to build his team going forward. Do you want multiple picks you can either use to build or trade with...or do you want David Lee? Its up to him entirely.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-21-2014, 01:56 PM

love goes to GSW

Wut? How do the Lakers turn 7 into Klay and the 13?

And all the Wolves get back is 7? When they have to give up 13 and Love?

That can't be right.

BlackVVaves

You're not getting Vonleh. He'll be gone by #6. And if you think Smart or Gordon is better than Klay, then you are surely on that acid.

Randle is a huge question mark, particularly with the ailments he has surfacing in the preceding weeks, and thus why he's falling down draft boards.

Only reason the Lakers shouldn't do this trade is if netting Klay would require offering him a max contract in a year.

BlackVVaves
Wut? How do the Lakers turn 7 into Klay and the 13?

And all the Wolves get back is 7? When they have to give up 13 and Love?

That can't be right.

Pipe dream. Not surprised, considering Broussard is the supposed source.

sfballa13
06-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Ive been suggesting that a package around:

Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, Zeller, Varejao is better than anything else the Wolves would ever get and people on here kept chiming in on how the Wolves had TONS of better offers and no one wants the Cavs trash

So let me get this straight David Lee and #7 is better than three Top 5 picks, one being the #1 overall last year, and Varejao's expiring deal???

LMFAOOO Love this shiit right now!!!

Minny fans are pretty damn delusional.

You could have gotten much MORE for LOVE MUCHHHHHH MORE lmfao

crisoner
06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Pipe dream. Not surprised, considering Broussard is the supposed source.
Well thing is Klay do sent want to sign extension with Minny. So trading k Love and getting Lee and the number 7 pick isn't that bad. Lakers get Klay and the number 13....Dubs get Love Martin and JJ. Not bad at all for all involved.

crisoner
06-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Ive been suggesting that a package around:

Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, Zeller, Varejao is better than anything else the Wolves would ever get and people on here kept chiming in on how the Wolves had TONS of better offers and no one wants the Cavs trash

So let me get this straight David Lee and #7 is better than three Top 5 picks, one being the #1 overall last year, and Varejao's expiring deal???

LMFAOOO Love this shiit right now!!!

Minny fans are pretty damn delusional.

You could have gotten much MORE for LOVE MUCHHHHHH MORE lmfao

You are not factoring in Love only wants to sign extension with certain teams...

Lamar Odumbb
06-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Doesn't matter what Kevin Love wants here. Danny has already said he'd take his chances on trading for him without a guaranteed extension. A few GMs have, actually.

Its really on Flip Saunders to decide how he wants to build his team going forward. Do you want multiple picks you can either use to build or trade with...or do you want David Lee? Its up to him entirely.

Maybe they want to make the playoffs and make Love look bad. Imagine if they got David Lee and possibly Aaron Gordon to play the 3 and they made the playoffs. It would make Love look like a loser.

This roster is athletic

Pekovic
David Lee
Aaron Gordon
Chase Budinger
Ricky Rubio

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Well thing is Klay do sent want to sign extension with Minny. So trading k Love and getting Lee and the number 7 pick isn't that bad. Lakers get Klay and the number 13....Dubs get Love Martin and JJ. Not bad at all for all involved.

WHY would Minny give up the 13th pick? How does that benefit them in the trade, in comparison to the same exact trade without the 13th pick involved.

It makes 0 sense. Unless you're a Laker fan.

crisoner
06-21-2014, 02:07 PM
WHY would Minny give up the 13th pick? How does that benefit them in the trade, in comparison to the same exact trade without the 13th pick involved.

It makes 0 sense. Unless you're a Laker fan.

The 13th pick is in play for the Klay deal already with the Warriors. Maybe expiring contracts like Nash might be involved plus cash?

Just reporting what I saw....maybe 13 goes to dubs still and JJ or Martin goes to Lakers?

JimmyMcAdocious
06-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Lee is going to be a 15 mil 32 and 33 year old. And I doubt a part of the Wolves future, who I presume will rebuild to an extent.

Wolves get raped bad. Surely there's something better out there.

Browsing the Wolves forum. They hate the Warriors trade. And they keep mentioning a Celtics deal, but I can't seem to find the exact details.

navy
06-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Lee is going to be a 15 mil 32 and 33 year old. And I doubt a part of the Wolves future, who I presume will rebuild to an extent.

Wolves get raped bad. Surely there's something better out there.

Browsing the Wolves forum. They hate the Warriors trade. And they keep mentioning a Celtics deal, but I can't seem to find the exact details.
The wolves have no leverage. Love straight up said he was done.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-21-2014, 02:17 PM
So they their ruin their immediate financial future just to move up 6 spots because that somehow not makes losing Love for nothing? I might consider holding him to the deadline if that's the best offer they can get right now.

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 02:19 PM
The 13th pick is in play for the Klay deal already with the Warriors. Maybe expiring contracts like Nash might be involved plus cash?

Just reporting what I saw....maybe 13 goes to dubs still and JJ or Martin goes to Lakers?

That would make much more sense.

I just don't logically see how the 7th pick nets you Klay AND the 13th. One would think the 7th for Klay is a sufficient and fair deal.

I still can't believe some people rather Marcus friggin Smart than Klay Thompson :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
06-21-2014, 02:28 PM
So they their ruin their immediate financial future just to move up 6 spots because that somehow not makes losing Love for nothing? I might consider holding him to the deadline if that's the best offer they can get right now.

They'd just be even more desperate at the deadline to move him.

Derka
06-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Maybe they want to make the playoffs and make Love look bad. Imagine if they got David Lee and possibly Aaron Gordon to play the 3 and they made the playoffs. It would make Love look like a loser.

This roster is athletic

Pekovic
David Lee
Aaron Gordon
Chase Budinger
Ricky Rubio

That roster gets unspeakably annihilated.

stalkerforlife
06-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Kobe got the front office scared as shit.

They will make moves for their daddy.

ralph_i_el
06-21-2014, 04:22 PM

This roster is athletic

Pekovic
David Lee
Aaron Gordon
Chase Budinger
Ricky Rubio
That team blows. No floor spacing and no D

WeGetRing2012
06-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Smoke screen the Lakers are probably looking at Embiid's records right now about to make a promise.

ArbitraryWater
06-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Why doesnt Klay want to be in GS?

Smook A.
06-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Wow

The Warriors are NOT playing around

D-Rose
06-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Why doesnt Klay want to be in GS?
He does. This whole thread is about a non-story. The Lakers want to butt in between the GSW/Minny trade talks and offer Minny the 7 pick instead of Klay. There is no indication what so ever from anyone that Minny wants to do this.

ZenMaster
06-21-2014, 05:22 PM
He does. This whole thread is about a non-story. The Lakers want to butt in between the GSW/Minny trade talks and offer Minny the 7 pick instead of Klay. There is no indication what so ever from anyone that Minny wants to do this.

I'd like to see Thompson next to Rubio, might be the best two in the league to make up for Rubios poor shooting.

MC Gusto
06-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Because Minnesota is getting #7 in return.

ZeN
06-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Because Minnesota is getting #7 in return.
Klay Thompson and the #13 for the #7 and Steve Nash..is in no possible way a balanced trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Klay Thompson and the #13 for the #7 and Steve Nash..is in no possible way a balanced trade.

lol ...who included nash in the trade?

longtime lurker
06-21-2014, 10:19 PM

If Minnesota is getting Barnes it is. And I don't think Nash is moving in that trade.

PP34Deuce
06-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Klay would allow Kobe to not have to match up on the fastest more explosive swingment.

He also can hit the 3. He's inconsistent though but you can pencil him in for 16-17 ppg good percentages, decent defense and great floor spacing.

At 7, Marcus smart is more athletic and can be the defensive guard who can drive

PP34Deuce
06-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Klay would allow Kobe to not have to match up on the fastest more explosive swingment.

He also can hit the 3. He's inconsistent though but you can pencil him in for 16-17 ppg good percentages, decent defense and great floor spacing.

At 7, Marcus smart is more athletic and can be the defensive guard who can drive.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-21-2014, 11:17 PM

At 7, Marcus smart is more athletic and can be the defensive guard who can drive

smart also comes with no sot and 0 spacing

oarabbus
06-22-2014, 01:48 AM
We need to keep Klay.