PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lowe names the Hawks as a top 5 realistic destination for LeBron

atljonesbro
06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/surveying-the-lebron-landscape/

Bring him home Ferry :bowdown:

lilteapot
06-21-2014, 10:47 AM
If he leaves for any team in the east he's stupid.

Although that Hawks starting lineup sounds pretty awesome honestly.

1~Gibson~1
06-21-2014, 10:48 AM
LeBron is reading this thinking...

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Danny Ferry??? Helllllllllllz no!

beastee
06-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Except the fans suck, the traffic sucks and Lebron lives currently in South Beach. Nice pipedream. Until Hawks fans support their team EVERY night, no big name FA is ever going there.

COnDEMnED
06-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Except the fans suck, the traffic sucks and Lebron lives currently in South Beach. Nice pipedream. Until Hawks fans support their team EVERY night, no big name FA is ever going there.
Heat fans don't even support their team every night. It always seems like an empty arena, that and people infamously leaving early in the playoffs, multiple years in a row.

atljonesbro
06-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Honestly the Hawks are a great fit for LeBron. Tons of ball movement, tons of shooter, and a fast pace. Not only that, by Atlanta will have good financial flexibility even after signing LeBron to add more pieces

atljonesbro
06-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Heat fans don't even support their team every night. It always seems like an empty arena, that and people infamously leaving early in the playoffs, multiple years in a row.
This. People use that excuse for Hawks fans but honestly Heat "fans" are far worse

beastee
06-21-2014, 11:32 AM
This. People use that excuse for Hawks fans but honestly Heat "fans" are far worse

Agreed that Heat fans suck...but you are living in South Beach, so you can overlook that. All that Atlanta offers is Magic City and reasonably priced housing. While I go to games because I love the NBA, I just can't see Atlanta being a destination for the biggest name in sports.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2014, 12:04 PM

Yeah I'm sure he chose Miami because of their legendary fan support :oldlol:

If ANY team gets LeBron, Hawks included, the fans will come. That's not factoring into his decision here.

And yeah, traffic is bad, LeBron doesn't work 9-5 and make the daily commute, give me a break.

Atlanta is also a top 10 destination city for NBA players, it's warm, central, there's plenty to do, etc...

Nice 'reasons' retard :oldlol:

EwingMan
06-21-2014, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE]But let

R.I.P.
06-21-2014, 12:41 PM
And that my friends is what happens, when you hang around Bill Simmons too much. He also suggested the Mavs should sign D. Wade. :roll: That

tontoz
06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
I don't think they have $20 million in cap space. They would have to get rid of someone.

I agree it would be a good fit though. Horford is a big that can shoot from the perimeter. So is Milsap. They would have great spacing and they almost beat the Pacers without Horford.

Nastradamus
06-21-2014, 01:05 PM
He should go there. Nice enough weather, good teammates and good management. A former Spurs GM and HC after he just saw what their system can do.

He'd be with the best PG he'd ever played with(freeing him up from the duties some), an elite shooter, 2 stud bigs and a handful of nice young players like Schroeder,Jenkins,Noguiera,Carroll etc. and a Lou Williams rebound would really help. Still got a 1st too.

beastee
06-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Atlanta is also a top 10 destination city for NBA players, it's warm, central, there's plenty to do, etc...

Nice 'reasons' retard :oldlol:
Wow. Name calling, what a great post. Atlanta is a top 10 destination...for corporate suits. That is the only reason anyone comes here. Not for the city, not for the hot ass weather...its because their are a lot of corporations here. Name me 2 top tier free agents who have signed here in the last 10 years...I will wait for this one...

atljonesbro
06-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Wow. Name calling, what a great post. Atlanta is a top 10 destination...for corporate suits. That is the only reason anyone comes here. Not for the city, not for the hot ass weather...its because their are a lot of corporations here. Name me 2 top tier free agents who have signed here in the last 10 years...I will wait for this one...
Whats with people and these superficial reasons why players don't want to come? From a basketball standpoint Atlanta is one of LeBron's best options

crisoner
06-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Ok I am now naming the Bucks as a possible destination for LeBron.

beastee
06-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Whats with people and these superficial reasons why players don't want to come? From a basketball standpoint Atlanta is one of LeBron's best options

If you live in South Beach...why would you move to Atlanta? And don't be a homer about it. Do they have a good roster...Yes. Do they have a good coach..Yes. Does any superstar care...NOPE.

Reality can be a kick in the gut sometimes. It really is this simple with Lebron...Not interested.

Rocketswin2013
06-21-2014, 03:09 PM
CP3 AND Dwight could have went to Atlanta together and didn't.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2014, 03:11 PM

None of your 'reasons' hold any water, you're just spewing shit that you've seen written and isn't true.

We haven't gotten any top tier free agents because we haven't had a team put together that would lure one. The only way a top tier FA is going to a city not in the top 5 markets is to join up with another superstar, and you get those in the draft. By sticking around just outside the lottery for the past decade we've avoided picking any stars since Horford, and even he isn't the kind of guy who's going to lure LeBron.

Dallas, Toronto, hell even Chicago, (does Boozer count) haven't gotten any top tier free agents recently. Team matters way more than city.

Only 'corporate suits' come here? What is that even supposed to mean? A lot of businesses do move here I guess, is that a bad thing? It's one of the fastest growing cities in America and has been for 15 years...

ProfessorMurder
06-21-2014, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]And that my friends is what happens, when you hang around Bill Simmons too much. He also suggested the Mavs should sign D. Wade. :roll: That

20Four
06-21-2014, 03:35 PM
This shows you lebron is a beta.....ring chasing mother fvcker....NEVER compare him to kobe or jordan again, what "superstar" leaves multiple teams to join a "stacked" team to win? I thought lebron was the best player in the world....stfu hes not even the best player in miami... :roll: :roll:

Inferno
06-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Teague
Korver
Bran
Milsap
Horford

:biggums:

atljonesbro
06-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Teague
Korver
Bran
Milsap
Horford

:biggums:
But they wouldn't be a title contender because they have bad fan base. Oh wait, Miami's is worse yet they won 2 :facepalm

People are moronic to think that fans wouldn't come with LeBron. Also the "they bring yet no FA" excuse doesn't hold weight on here because everyone here slurps the idea of Melo to CHI yet what FA have they brought in that's even better than Millsap in recent years?

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2014, 03:43 PM
I mean, I know we're not going to get Bran.

Bud wants to build a team that can shoot 3's from all 5 positions. Spread the floor, whip the ball around, and find open 3's or cutters to the basket. Just a continuation of the Spurs system.

It'll be interesting to see what we do this offseason, I think with a healthy Horford we're a top 4 team in the East, and we do have some money to work with.

I also think Ferry wouldn't be scared to move Horford or Millsap and kind of remake the team.

Us and the Hornets are two of the more interesting teams to watch this offseason.

Lebronxrings
06-21-2014, 03:44 PM
This shows you lebron is a beta.....ring chasing mother fvcker....NEVER compare him to kobe or jordan again, what "superstar" leaves multiple teams to join a "stacked" team to win? I thought lebron was the best player in the world....stfu hes not even the best player in miami... :roll: :roll:
Hey ***, lebron never had superstar teammates or stfu

beastee
06-21-2014, 03:44 PM
None of your 'reasons' hold any water, you're just spewing shit that you've seen written and isn't true.

Only 'corporate suits' come here? What is that even supposed to mean? A lot of businesses do move here I guess, is that a bad thing? It's one of the fastest growing cities in America and has been for 15 years...

I live here and work in Midtown. It really is not that great a city. I moved for a job, and deal with it. Housing is decently priced. Philips Arena is nice, but the crowds are AWFUL. I went to a Saturday night game this season...Saturday night and about 6 thousand people actually showed up. This was when they were still in 7th place. People show up late because the traffic and then leave early to go to strip/dance clubs.

Yes, the team matters. I agree with you. I think they are building a really nice core and Coach Buds is a good one. But if you honestly think A superstar wants to live in Georgia you are out of your mind. Only solid FA they have gotten is Millsap, and he was previously in SLC, so anyone would want to leave there. Atlanta is full of transplants like me, and all the players know there is no TRUE loyalty. When the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Celtics all come into town, there are more fans of those teams than the actual Hawks. When the Bulls came to town (I was at both games) Noah actually commented on how sad the crowd was to reporters. With the Falcons and College Football so popular, Atlanta just isnt a destination. I would love it to be one (since I may be here for several years), but it really is gonna be a struggle to get a top 15 player to sign.

hawksdogsbraves
06-21-2014, 03:53 PM
I live here and work in Midtown. It really is not that great a city. I moved for a job, and deal with it. Housing is decently priced. Philips Arena is nice, but the crowds are AWFUL. I went to a Saturday night game this season...Saturday night and about 6 thousand people actually showed up. This was when they were still in 7th place. People show up late because the traffic and then leave early to go to strip/dance clubs.

Yes, the team matters. I agree with you. I think they are building a really nice core and Coach Buds is a good one. But if you honestly think A superstar wants to live in Georgia you are out of your mind. Only solid FA they have gotten is Millsap, and he was previously in SLC, so anyone would want to leave there. Atlanta is full of transplants like me, and all the players know there is no TRUE loyalty. When the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Celtics all come into town, there are more fans of those teams than the actual Hawks. When the Bulls came to town (I was at both games) Noah actually commented on how sad the crowd was to reporters. With the Falcons and College Football so popular, Atlanta just isnt a destination. I would love it to be one (since I may be here for several years), but it really is gonna be a struggle to get a top 15 player to sign.

I'm from the city, I know the fans suck, I know those other teams fill the stadium when they come in here.

But if you went to any of the playoff games, you saw how loud that place can get. Atlanta has bad fans, but it's not like Tampa where there just aren't fans. Transplants and all, they will jump on the bandwagon if the team is good. The Falcons during good years have one of the best home field advantages in the league, during bad years the Dome is a graveyard. Just the nature of the city. It's transplants, the fact that most people live 25 minutes north of town, traffic, all of that. It's the reason the Braves are moving up 75.

But it's not the fans or the city itself turning FA's away as much as the team. LeBron wouldn't have gone to Miami if Wade weren't already there. CP3 wouldn't have signed on in LA if not for Griffin. Dwight isn't in Houston because he hates zoning laws, it's because they had a 25ppg SG waiting for him.

beastee
06-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Dwight isn't in Houston because he hates zoning laws, it's because they had a 25ppg SG waiting for him.

But dwight could have come to a team with this:

Teague
Korver/Lou Williams
FA SF/Carroll
Horford
Dwight.

In the East that team is in the ECF with Buds as coach. But he chose a team outside of his hometown. Imagine if he would have come and how enticing they would be. But he spurned it. What can they REALISTICALLY do to get a big fish? I really don't know. That is why I spewed all that rhetoric, because that reputation IS real and the players hear it.

Legends66NBA7
06-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Zach Lowe pretty much agrees with what I said about a week or so ago in that first section on the Hawks history:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=341286&page=2

[QUOTE]Atlanta Hawks

Go ahead, laugh it up. The Hawks might be the most consistently successful punch line in sports. People mock their dead crowds, their hallowed tradition of playing first-round games on NBA TV, and their uncanny ability to peak at

Hotlantadude81
06-21-2014, 05:42 PM
And Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are going to sign here. People just went through this last year.

mehyaM24
06-21-2014, 05:58 PM
nobody thats relevant is signing with atlanta

terrible franchise, worst fanbase, mediocre city

la, new york, dallas, houston, miami >>>

Hotlantadude81
06-21-2014, 06:05 PM
nobody thats relevant is signing with atlanta

terrible franchise, worst fanbase, mediocre city

la, new york, dallas, houston, miami >>>

New York might not even be able to keep their own players.

The Knicks are a joke. Their reputation far exceeds the actual achievements.

Lots of people move from NY to Atlanta.

Who wants to move to a place that has lots of cold weather, a bunch of shmucks and you might get blown to bits by terrorists.

Hotlantadude81
07-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Lebron did not even listen to a Hawks pitch. Zach Lowe is a moron.

CLTHornets4eva
07-16-2014, 02:33 AM

Yeah and Chicago is a MUCH better option. You have to play with another max guard from Chicago who has no knees left. You have freezing cold temperatures in the winter with terrible traffic. You play in a state and city with some of the highest taxes in the country. AND you have to play in an arena with the GOATs statue outside; who you are constantly compared to.

Hotlantadude81
07-16-2014, 02:35 AM
Yeah and Chicago is a MUCH better option. You have to play with another max guard from Chicago who has no knees left. You have freezing cold temperatures in the winter with terrible traffic. You play in a state and city with some of the highest taxes in the country. AND you have to play in an arena with the GOATs statue outside; who you are constantly compared to.

I've heard that Chicago is a dump.