PDA

View Full Version : So why isn't it collusion for Melo to join Derrick Rose?

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:16 PM
and why don't we consider him a quitter?

EDIT: ITT kamil* has an epic meltdown

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 05:17 PM
kamil is praying that Melo or Love don't join the bulls, otherwise he has to cell them Melo*, Love*, or Rose*

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:18 PM
also inb4 excuses

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:18 PM
If LeBron did it, then why can't Melo? No Heat fan should be able to bash him for it.

navy
06-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Any one can do whatever the fvck they want in free agency.

BigBoss
06-22-2014, 05:22 PM
I hate Lebron, but won't lie theres a double standard here by the general NBA fan.

I've already written off Melo as beta years ago.

J Shuttlesworth
If LeBron did it, then why can't Melo? No Heat fan should be able to bash him for it.
Who says Heat fans are bashing him for it? If he does it, shouldn't the people bashing LeBron also bash melo?

Fudge
So Melo=LeBron now or nah?

kamil
kamil is praying that Melo or Love don't join the bulls, otherwise he has to cell them Melo*, Love*, or Rose*

Rose is finished. I've stated a number of times that Melo isn't going to save the bulls. Asterisks are only handed out after a championship due to collusion.

Don't be a moron by trying to divert attention from the Heat's very obvious and very real collusion.

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Rose is finished. I've stated a number of times that Melo isn't going to save the bulls. Asterisks are only handed out after a championship due to collusion.

Don't be a moron by trying to divert attention from the Heat's very obvious and very real collusion.

lol @ you trying to split hairs :roll:

this is the same situation. a top player can't win on one team so they're leaving to win on another. if it's quitting when it comes to Lebron it's quitting when it comes to anyone.

JohnMax
No one complained when Kobe got Gasol, Dwight and almost CP3.

J Shuttlesworth

The Bulls are saying Rose is back to his old self. He's far from done. Plus they also have a star in Joakim Noah who is DPOY AND Derrick Rose and now they're going to add Melo? Any championships they could potentially win would have an *.

glad you agree with that though.

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2014, 05:27 PM

Desperate attempt at trying to spin the facts :oldlol:

We have no problem with it, so we're asking why others only have with LeBron.

You're deflecting and providing the spin doctor isn't helping.

:roll:

Genaro
06-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Melo maybe a top 5 player in this league but Rose doesn't play in 2 years. You can't call collusion when a guy is that much time away.

Lebron and Wade were arguably 1st and 2nd best of the league in 2010 and then you throw in a guy like Bosh who was a top 5 power forward.

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Who says Heat fans are bashing him for it? If he does it, shouldn't the people bashing LeBron also bash melo?

Yes, Melo would get bashed also, but Heat fans wouldn't be able to do it.

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Desperate attempt at trying to spin the facts :oldlol:

We have no problem with it, so we're asking why others only have with LeBron.

You're deflecting and providing the spin doctor isn't helping.

Read my response ^^, plus aren't you a Mavs fan?

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Yes, Melo would get bashed also, but Heat fans wouldn't be able to do it.
Neither could Laker fans after Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton, or Kobe/Gasol/Nash/Howard

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:29 PM
lol @ you trying to split hairs :roll:

this is the same situation. a top player can't win on one team so they're leaving to win on another. if it's quitting when it comes to Lebron it's quitting when it comes to anyone.

Same? SAME situation? Are you retarded?

In what world are Rose and Melo top 5 players in the NBA?? Rose is fvcking DONE. His career of all-star level playing is OVER. Both knees are shot. Noah only plays defense, he doesn't have enough on offense and he's far from being an all around player like Bosh who was top 10 in the NBA and you're going to act as if Rose and Noah are top 10 or even suggest signing ONE player is the SAME as talks behind closed doors to team up with Wade by bringing in two others in their PRIME?

My god, you are fvcking STUPID.

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Neither could Laker fans after Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton, or Kobe/Gasol/Nash/Howard

Would the second scenario be called collusion though? Nash + Howard came in trades.

Milbuck
06-22-2014, 05:31 PM
Because Carmelo is coming off a shit 37 win season and missing the playoffs in one of the weakest conferences in NBA history, while Lebron was coming off of 61 and 66 win seasons and back-to-back MVPs. Both of them had every right to leave and go where they want, but it's a bit more understandable in Carmelo's situation.

Also, the Miami Big 3 was working far, far before 2010 free agency. That stuff went as far back as 2006-2007, and really picked up steam during the 2008 olympics. A lot of it was kept in the dark, but it was pretty calculated. This situation with Melo is a bit different. Noah just started contacting him midway through this year, at the all-star break. Until the reports come out after the dust has settled, as of right now the Melo situation is just your typical player to player recruiting process. Whereas the Miami Big 3 situation went far deeper than that.

This is no way to criticize Lebron (and Bosh I guess) for their decisions. The way they did it was kind of obnoxious, but they had/have the right to go where they want to. As does Melo.

lilteapot

In what world are Rose and Melo top 5 players in the NBA?? Rose is fvcking DONE. His career of all-star level playing is OVER. Both knees are shot. Noah only plays defense, he doesn't have enough on offense and he's far from being an all around player like Bosh who was top 10 in the NBA and you're going to act as if Rose and Noah are top 10 or even suggest signing ONE player is the SAME as talks behind closed doors to team up with Wade by bringing in two others in their PRIME?

i have officially touched a nerve. lmao :roll:

R.I.P.
Rose is not an active NBA player. :D

Kukoc
Because we dont know is Rose is coming back as the same Rose

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 05:32 PM

So you just gonna ignore that Rose is still young, and the reports are that he looks like his former self? Westbrook came back after two knee surgeries, and so could Rose.

lol @ Noah playing only defense. Best passing big man in the NBA and an all star/DPOY in his prime. Melo = one of the best scorers in the NBA in his prime. Rose is a former MVP

If they win a ring, your name will become *kamil

Fudge
06-22-2014, 05:34 PM
LOL @ LeBron stans comparing both situations.

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Would the second scenario be called collusion though? Nash + Howard came in trades.
Trade demands are indeed collusion. It's not like Dwight left against his will

Fudge
06-22-2014, 05:36 PM
plus aren't you a Mavs fan?
Is he? :oldlol:

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Trade demands are indeed collusion. It's not like Dwight left against his will

LA wasn't where he wanted to be, thats clear.

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Is he? :oldlol:

I'm pretty sure I saw him in a thread saying he was a Mavs fan.

Rubio2Gasol
06-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Well, Derrick Rose has played 12 games in 2 years.

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Well, Derrick Rose has played 12 games in 2 years.

So why would Melo hypothetically want to be on the Bulls if Rose is not a factor?

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:39 PM
So you just gonna ignore that Rose is still young, and the reports are that he looks like his former self? Westbrook came back after two knee surgeries, and so could Rose.

Are you seriously undermining a torn ACL and MCL on both knees and what it will do to an athlete?

nathanjizzle
06-22-2014, 05:41 PM
because collusion requires a 2nd and 3rd party. What other free agent has melo been talking to to come join him with the bulls? so far its just 1 free agent going to another team. joakim and rose arnt free agents.

lebron however joined chris bosh another free agent and dwyane wade who was a free agent to go to miami.

thats 3 parties vs 1.

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Are you seriously undermining a torn ACL and MCL on both knees and what it will do to an athlete?
GAWDbrook recovered from a torn ACL and a torn meniscus. Or are you just think the reports that Derrick Rose is back to his former self are not true/made up?

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
because collusion requires a 2nd and 3rd party. What other free agent has melo been talking to to come join him with the bulls? so far its just 1 free agent going to another team. joakim and rose arnt free agents.

lebron however joined chris bosh another free agent and dwyane wade who was a free agent to go to miami.

thats 3 parties vs 1.

Noah has been "recruiting" Melo since the all star break.

ThemBombs
06-22-2014, 05:47 PM

dude, you're probably the biggest moron in this thread. how many players were truly "done" after a torn meniscus? how many of them were Derrick Rose's age? furthermore, explain how his athleticism was virtually unchanged in the 12 games he played this year, and everyone agreed that his poor performance was because of the rust of not playing?

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 05:48 PM

LOL @ calling others morons when you don't even know WTF collusion means.

Grab a dictionary or keep making yourself looking like a dope

jimmy77x
06-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I wonder who's alt is this "lilteapot" ph@ggot salty bran stan to embarrassed to post on his original.

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
GAWDbrook recovered from a torn ACL and a torn meniscus. Or are you just think the reports that Derrick Rose is back to his former self are not true/made up?

Westbrook had a SLIGHT tear in his MCL. Not his ACL, you goof. And Rose's injuries are much greater.

Does it bother you that people still call out Miami for its collusion? Are you a bandwagon Miami fan, now worried that your fake support of a team is coming to an end?

MellowYellow
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
while a healthy rose would be nice, it wouldnt be neccessary. Even dj augustine is a massive upgrade over Failton. Bulls would be title contenders with or without Rose if Melo went to chitown.

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
I wonder who's alt is this "lilteapot" ph@ggot salty bran stan to embarrassed to post on his original.
you sound like the salty one now sweetheart :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
It's colluding if you actually think LeBron/Wade/Bosh (in their primes) = Rose/Noah/Melo

If people legit think the former is equal to the latter, then you might as well quit watching basketball.

J Shuttlesworth
Westbrook had a SLIGHT tear in his MCL. Not his ACL, you goof. And Rose's injuries are much greater.

Does it bother you that people still call out Miami for its collusion? Are you a bandwagon Miami fan, now worried that your fake support of a team is coming to an end?
I couldn't give a shit, personally. A free agent is a free agent and I don't give a shit what they choose to do. I just find it funny that posters like kamil* have such a double standard when it comes to their own teams doing the same shit.

You know it's bad when even BigBoss says it's a double standard :lol:

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:51 PM
It's colluding if you actually think LeBron/Wade/Bosh (in their primes) = Rose/Noah/Melo

If people legit think the former is equal to the latter, then you might as well quit watching basketball.
sorry, talent level doesn't decide whether or not colluding is colluding. the situation being colluding means it is colluding. you can't just change the definition.

jimmy77x
06-22-2014, 05:51 PM
you sound like the salty one now sweetheart :roll:

Not man enough to post on your original huh bran groupie?

nathanjizzle
06-22-2014, 05:52 PM
while a healthy rose would be nice, it wouldnt be neccessary. Even dj augustine is a massive upgrade over Failton. Bulls would be title contenders with or without Rose if Melo went to chitown.

when has melo ever been a contender as the man? when AI and Chauncy were leading the point. dont over value a loser and undervalue a winner.

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:52 PM

I don't see it happening. If LeBron* has trouble getting a 'stacked' team like the Heat to a chip (7 games against Indiana? Ray Allen bailout? Losing in 5 this year? losing against Dallas?) I don't see Melo getting Chicago over the hump.

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Not man enough to post on your original huh bran groupie?
Yeah I'm totally afraid of some weirdo finding out who my "REAL" account is even though you still won't have any of my personal information

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
I couldn't give a shit, personally. A free agent is a free agent and I don't give a shit what they choose to do. I just find it funny that posters like kamil* have such a double standard when it comes to their own teams doing the same shit.

You know it's bad when even BigBoss says it's a double standard :lol:

It's because you Heat 'fans' are reaching HARD, just trying to justify Miami's collusion and ignoring posts like this:

Warfan
06-22-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't give a fukc as long as they beat miami

ThemBombs
I don't see it happening. If LeBron* has trouble getting a 'stacked' team like the Heat to a chip (7 games against Indiana? Ray Allen bailout? Losing in 5 this year? losing against Dallas?) I don't see Melo getting Chicago over the hump.
do you remember in 2011 when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA and lost to the Heat in the ECF simply because they lacked the offensive firepower? Melo not only helps the Bulls regain that dominance but puts them over the top. with Melo, they're favorites to win for sure.

nathanjizzle
Noah has been "recruiting" Melo since the all star break.

well thats the difference, noah isnt a FA so he was recruiting. lebron, bosh and wade wernt recruiting anyone they were colluding since all were FA's deciding to go to 1 team. go to bed son.

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
sorry, talent level doesn't decide whether or not colluding is colluding. the situation being colluding means it is colluding. you can't just change the definition.
collusion:

secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collusion

Fudge
Why are LeBron stans so insecure? Holy shit. :oldlol:

lilteapot
It's because you Heat 'fans' are reaching HARD, just trying to justify Miami's collusion and ignoring posts like this:
I don't expect a moron from the worst state in the union to understand the meaning of the world "collusion"

MellowYellow
06-22-2014, 05:57 PM
when has melo ever been a contender as the man? when AI and Chauncy were leading the point. dont over value a loser and undervalue a winner.

Melo was the man on his team every single year he has been the NBA dont kid yourself. Billups was the 1b Melo was the 1a, and Billups pales compared to guys like Godbrook and 2011 Wade.

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:57 PM
do you remember in 2011 when the Bulls had the best record in the NBA and lost to the Heat in the ECF simply because they lacked the offensive firepower? Melo not only helps the Bulls regain that dominance but puts them over the top. with Melo, they're favorites to win for sure.

Yeah... 3 years ago. It'll be 4 next year in the playoffs. But is the team the same today? No. Is Rose the same? No. Is Deng still there? No. How'd the Bulls perform this year in a pathetic eastern conference?

You're living in the past.

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 05:58 PM
What did Miami do that was illegal or deceitful against the NBA rules?

Keep making yourself look like a dope...it's funny.

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:59 PM
What did Miami do that was illegal or deceitful against the NBA rules?

Is this a serious question?

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
oh God you people just keep on taking the stupidity to a whole new level :roll:

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes it is, because you keep using a word that doesn't apply or knows WTF it means

kamil
06-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Yes it is, because you keep using a word that doesn't apply.

So you actually DON'T think it was collusion between LeBron*, Wade and Bosh?

:facepalm

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:02 PM
In the end, it's three stars in their prime joining forces. Rose is injured, but he's still young/plenty of prime years left. There is nothing against the NBA rules about what Wade/Bosh/James did. Noah was recruiting Melo a while ago, and there's nothing wrong with that. I didn't have a problem with the Heat doing it, nor will I have a problem with Noah/Rose/Melo doing it.

And I love how you keep ignoring the part where there are numerous reports saying that Rose looks back to his former self, explosion wise.

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:03 PM

“What we told the owners was that the three players are totally, as our system has evolved, within their rights to talk to each other,” Commissioner David Stern said after the meeting, which was held here in conjunction with the N.B.A. summer league.

And seriously if you think it's against the rules, I don't get how you don't see Noah recruiting Melo as against the rules. The # of stars doesn't matter whether it's 2 or 3. It's still the same concept of players recruiting other players.

ThemBombs
06-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah... 3 years ago. It'll be 4 next year in the playoffs. But is the team the same today? No. Is Rose the same? No. Is Deng still there? No. How'd the Bulls perform this year in a pathetic eastern conference?

You're living in the past.
the Bulls won 48 games this year without Derrick Rose or any type of offense. with Derrick Rose alone, they win at least 10 more games. 10.
also, you keep preaching about how Rose won't ever return to his former self but you failed to respond to my post.

next year, without Boozer and hypothetically with Melo in the lineup, and provided Rose stays healthy, the Bulls not only return to being the best defensive team in the league, they will also have a top-ten offense at worst. who from either conference will be able to stop them? the Heat? no, they wouldn't be able to handle that kind of Bulls team. The Pacers or Spurs? both losing key pieces this summer and who knows if San Antonio's aging core will perform the same way next year. The Clippers? OKC? they'd get shut down within 6 at best if the Bulls met either in the Finals

kamil
06-22-2014, 06:05 PM
And I love how you keep ignoring the part where there are numerous reports saying that Rose looks back to his former self, explosion wise.

Because I'm not buying it, lol. I'm calling it now;

When Rose does not perform like his old athletic self, what will YOU say is the reason for it?

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Because I'm not buying it, lol. I'm calling it now;

When Rose does not perform like his old athletic self, what will YOU say is the reason for it?
I don't get what you're saying... Are you saying if Rose was healthy, it would be collusion, and since he's not, it's not? Doesn't make any sense. So if Rose does turn out to be 100% healthy, you'll admit it was collusion? You obviously have a skewed/warped definition of collusion

kamil
06-22-2014, 06:07 PM
And seriously if you think it's against the rules, I don't get how you don't see Noah recruiting Melo as against the rules. The # of stars doesn't matter whether it's 2 or 3. It's still the same concept of players recruiting other players.

I never said its againt the rules. DO NOT put words into my mouth you piece of dogshit. I do however, have a big problem with the lack of INTEGRITY from LeBron*, Wade and Bosh teaming up in their prime as 2 of the top 5 and 1 top 10 players in the NBA just to win a ring.

Ring chasers. Period. And you applaud that.

onhcetum
06-22-2014, 06:08 PM
because no one is calling him a top 20 player... he's a top 30 player, and that's where he'll remain since he has no rings and is joining a superteam

kamil
06-22-2014, 06:08 PM
I don't get what you're saying... Are you saying if Rose was healthy, it would be collusion, and since he's not, it's not? Doesn't make any sense. So if Rose does turn out to be 100% healthy, you'll admit it was collusion? You obviously have a skewed/warped definition of collusion

I never bother with hypothetical BS like that.

r0drig0lac
06-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Melo maybe a top 5 player in this league but Rose doesn't play in 2 years. You can't call collusion when a guy is that much time away.

Lebron and Wade were arguably 1st and 2nd best of the league in 2010 and then you throw in a guy like Bosh who was a top 5 power forward.
this

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:10 PM
I never bother with hypothetical BS like that.
Well your whole argument that Rose won't be a star next year is hypothetical, FYI.. and it actually goes against the reports that are currently out.

If Bosh had just finished recovering from an injury in 2011, would you say it wasn't collusion?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2014, 06:11 PM
The way Miami handled it with arguably the best and second best player joining forces was lame and cowardly, but your (kamil) definition of "collusion" doesn't make sense.

It's borderline retarded honestly. :oldlol:

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 06:11 PM

What did they do that was illegal or against NBA rules?

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:12 PM
The way Miami handled it with arguably the best and second best player joining forces was lame and cowardly, but your (*kamil) definition of "collusion" doesn't make sense.

It's borderline retarded honestly. :oldlol:
fixed

ballup
06-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Wait, Melo is going to the Bulls just to sit on the bench? Thought he would go there to help contend for a championship.

MellowYellow
06-22-2014, 06:19 PM
because no one is calling him a top 20 player... he's a top 30 player, and that's where he'll remain since he has no rings and is joining a superteam

Durant has no rings, and a superteam basically fell into his lap. Guess he is just a top 30 player as well.

no pun intended
06-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Because LeBron is ten times the player Carmelo is.

MellowYellow
06-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Lebron isnt 10 times the player that battier is much less carmelo.

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 06:28 PM
How many MVPs/rings does melo have?

no pun intended
06-22-2014, 06:29 PM
You're right. He's like 100 times the player Battier is.

MVBallin2K
06-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Because the Bulls built this over time, not within one particular season. If both Love and Melo head to the Bulls somehow, then I'm easily within the camp that it's ridiculous and not disimilar to the Heat even with Rose not playing that much.

However, you only have Melo joining a team in the first place. You don't have like you did in 2010 where Lebron and Bosh joined the Heat, not to mention the three of them considering their options of where they would even play together in the first place. I already know someone will ask well the Heat built their team over time, how come Melo can't go there and not be chastised? The Heat are a championship team that made the finals, win or lose. The Bulls were bounced in the first round.

MellowYellow
06-22-2014, 06:34 PM
You're right. He's like 100 times the player Battier is.

nope ur dead wrong, lets go by PER, Lebron is like 3 times the player that Battier is and 1.2 times the player Melo is. If you have a more accurate way to measure then please enlighten me.

no pun intended
06-22-2014, 06:41 PM
nope ur dead wrong, lets go by PER, Lebron is like 3 times the player that Battier is and 1.2 times the player Melo is. If you have a more accurate way to measure then please enlighten me.
Yes, after 10 years of careful, precise scientifically backed research, I compiled a myriad of sets of highly advanced statistical models that analytically postulate that LeBron is 102.4 times better than Battier. Conclusions also point out that LeBron is 0.4 times worse than Kobe. PM me if you're interested about this state-of-the-art statistical model.

russwest0
06-22-2014, 06:54 PM

did Melo guarantee a championship to NY and say he wasn't going to stop until he got it?
is he going to announce his decision on live TV?
is he going to celebrate with teammates the next day as if the bulls have already won the championship?

f'in lol at people who still don't understand why lebron gets criticized for doing what he did.

1~Gibson~1
06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Its not collusion* because LeBron haters fear that one day he might be better than Kobe. Look around ISH and all you see are Kobe/LeBron threads left and right.

We all know Melo is never going to be on their level, thus there is no collusion*. He's just "playing it smart" (ironically this is the same exact thing that LeBron did, but Melo doesnt receive and flack because there is no driven agenda towards Melo like their is for Lebron).

1~Gibson~1
06-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Before Durant, Melo was the deadliest offensive weapon in the game. He xan post you, triple threat, drive, pass, insane jumpshot... he could do it all.

I hate how he's put on so much weight that he's now considered a Pf but i still consider him a Sf. I didnt get to watch much of him last season but hes probably still a beast offensively.

Defensively Lebron is better. But LeBron isnt "10x" the player LeBron is. I dont think Melo has ever been on a championship level team. He's been on a few contending teams, but never championship level

Whether ISH likes it or not, we're still talking about a guy that can lead your team to a championship.

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 07:09 PM

thats 3 parties vs 1.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I swear you guys are such morons. NONE OF THIS IS COLLUSION. NOT THE HEAT, AND NOT A POTENTIAL MELO, ROSE, AND NOAH.

Unless, the other Owners get together and say that nobody can sign Melo except the Bulls, it would not be collusion.

FOR THE LAST TIME. PLAYERS CANNOT COLLUDE!

OWNERS COLLUDE.

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Its not collusion* because LeBron haters fear that one day he might be better than Kobe. Look around ISH and all you see are Kobe/LeBron threads left and right.

We all know Melo is never going to be on their level, thus there is no collusion*. He's just "playing it smart" (ironically this is the same exact thing that LeBron did, but Melo doesnt receive and flack because there is no driven agenda towards Melo like their is for Lebron).
He's already passed Kobe. Kobe stans loved it when James was with Cleveland. Then he got a legit 2nd option in Miami and they shit their pants while scrambling.

ArbitraryWater
06-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Read my response ^^, plus aren't you a Mavs fan?

So how does me being a Mavs fan change shit? Are you trying to get on me for that now?

You're still the spin doctor you know that right?

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Because Carmelo is coming off a shit 37 win season and missing the playoffs in one of the weakest conferences in NBA history, while Lebron was coming off of 61 and 66 win seasons and back-to-back MVPs. Both of them had every right to leave and go where they want, but it's a bit more understandable in Carmelo's situation.

Also, the Miami Big 3 was working far, far before 2010 free agency. That stuff went as far back as 2006-2007, and really picked up steam during the 2008 olympics. A lot of it was kept in the dark, but it was pretty calculated. This situation with Melo is a bit different. Noah just started contacting him midway through this year, at the all-star break. Until the reports come out after the dust has settled, as of right now the Melo situation is just your typical player to player recruiting process. Whereas the Miami Big 3 situation went far deeper than that.

This is no way to criticize Lebron (and Bosh I guess) for their decisions. The way they did it was kind of obnoxious, but they had/have the right to go where they want to. As does Melo.

Let me guess. If Lebron signs with Portland, and Wade signs with Golden State, and Bosh signs with Atlanta you will say that this was planned 10 years ago :coleman:

I guess you would just changed the name and place if Melo, Lebron, and Stat joined up in NYC in 2010.

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 07:20 PM
How come the same people talking about the Heat "colluded," who were the same people talking about how the NBA was rigged, are no longer talking about how the NBA is rigged?

So if the San Antonio Spurs win, then the NBA is not rigged. But if the heat wins, then the NBA suddenly becomes rigged.

russwest0
06-22-2014, 07:23 PM
How come the same people talking about the Heat "colluded," who were the same people talking about how the NBA was rigged, are no longer talking about how the NBA is rigged?

So if the San Antonio Spurs win, then the NBA is not rigged. But if the heat wins, then the NBA suddenly becomes rigged.

Even a moron could see that the Heats first championship run in 2012 was rigged from the get go. The Finals that year should have been the Celtics/Spurs.

The last 2 years have been fine however.

russwest0
06-22-2014, 07:24 PM
He's already passed Kobe. Kobe stans loved it when James was with Cleveland. Then he got a legit 2nd option in Miami and they shit their pants while scrambling.

And then the 2011 Finals happened and then they laughed their asses off realizing he'd never come close to Kobe.

diamenz
06-22-2014, 07:28 PM
because rose isn't the best player in the world.

but, it's still bad.

Hey Yo
06-22-2014, 07:30 PM
And then the 2011 Finals happened and then they laughed their asses off realizing he'd never come close to Kobe.
And then James performed, like Kobe wished he did, in B2B Finals wins.

Kobe 2/5.....2 good Finals, 5 bad Finals

Milbuck
06-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Let me guess. If Lebron signs with Portland, and Wade signs with Golden State, and Bosh signs with Atlanta you will say that this was planned 10 years ago :coleman:

I guess you would just changed the name and place if Melo, Lebron, and Stat joined up in NYC in 2010.
How about you read my entire comment before you spew off-based accusations?

There were countless reports that the entire free agency situation with Lebron, Bosh, and Wade was built up, if not thoroughly planned, over years before the decision actually happened. This isn't my opinion, this isn't me fabricating nonsense, there were actual reports of it. Anyone who thought that Lebron's decision was your typical recruiting process and had zero work put into it prior to 2010 is being pretty naive, honestly. I just feel bad for Chicago fans who really never had a shot but were led to believe they did the whole time.

And like I said, this Melo situation is only a "typical" recruiting process as of right now. A few months from now if he's officially with the Bulls, the reports could leak out that his had been built towards for years. But that hasn't happened yet, and by all signals, this seems to be just another recruiting process. I just have a hard time believing Joakim Noah and Melo, people who have never had any sort of friendship or connection prior to this situation, have been talking to each other about this for years. Same goes for Derrick "I won't recruit" Rose.

If the Big 3 splits up and signs with the places you mentioned, of course it wouldn't have been planned over significant time. If you're likening your hypothetical scenario...to 3 stars from the same draft class, who all happened to be good/great friends, signing calculated extensions with their respective first teams to hit free agency at the same time...I don't know what to tell you.

j3lademaster
06-22-2014, 07:37 PM
explain how his athleticism was virtually unchanged in the 12 games he played this year:wtf: Were we watching the same D-Rose?

russwest0
06-22-2014, 07:38 PM
And then James performed, like Kobe wished he did, in B2B Finals wins.

Kobe 2/5.....2 good Finals, 5 bad Finals

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/195/8/f/yaoming_meme_png_by_blinkytv-d578rcx.png

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Because the Bulls built this over time, not within one particular season. If both Love and Melo head to the Bulls somehow, then I'm easily within the camp that it's ridiculous and not disimilar to the Heat even with Rose not playing that much.

However, you only have Melo joining a team in the first place. You don't have like you did in 2010 where Lebron and Bosh joined the Heat, not to mention the three of them considering their options of where they would even play together in the first place. I already know someone will ask well the Heat built their team over time, how come Melo can't go there and not be chastised? The Heat are a championship team that made the finals, win or lose. The Bulls were bounced in the first round.

But in 2010, the Cavaliers were bounced in the second round, and the heat were bounced in the first round by Boston. And Toronto Raptors did not even make the playoffs. How would this not be the same thing?

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Even a moron could see that the Heats first championship run in 2012 was rigged from the get go. The Finals that year should have been the Celtics/Spurs.

:facepalm if you wanna talk rigged, the Thunder had no business being in the finals in 2012, or the 2nd round of 2014

Blue&Orange
06-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Melo didn't agree to join Rose while playing with another team, he didn't change his shirt number one year before FA, because he already decided to bolt, he didn't quit on his team because he was afraid cavs would make the finals, possibly win and then he couldn't go to the Heat win multiple championships.

This known and recent facts answer your question?

onhcetum
06-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Durant has no rings, and a superteam basically fell into his lap. Guess he is just a top 30 player as well.

I obviously meant all-time... people talk like lebron is top 15, 10, 5 or whatever. that's the difference. no one is calling carmelo an all-time great, which is why he gets a pass for sucking. no one expects him to be great. 25ppg chucker is his legacy

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 08:39 PM

Wait so you are admitting that OKC did not legitimately make it to the NBA finals in 2012?

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Melo didn't agree to join Rose while playing with another team, he didn't change his shirt number one year before FA, because he already decided to bolt, he didn't quit on his team because he was afraid cavs would make the finals, possibly win and then he couldn't go to the Heat win multiple championships.

Great observation. So tell us what team will Lebron James go to this season?

Blue&Orange
06-22-2014, 08:47 PM
Great observation. So tell us what team will Lebron James go to this season?
Would anyone be surprised he goes back to the cavs after they being gifted against all odds with multiple n

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 08:54 PM

NBA, NCAA, Olypmics, etc... Melo has won more than Rose has.

lilteapot
06-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Right, he only forced his original team to trade him because he couldn't wait for free agency. That's not a scumbag move at all, right?

JT123
06-22-2014, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Blue&Orange]Would anyone be surprised he goes back to the cavs after they being gifted against all odds with multiple n

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Right, he only forced his original team to trade him because he couldn't wait for free agency. That's not a scumbag move at all, right?

But Melo didn't force anything. He only stated that he will not sign an extension and that he wished to play out his current contract. He let Denver know that he will be willing to sign an extension with the Knicks but otherwise he wanted to just play out his contract.

Denver decided to trade him rather than lose him like the Cavaliers did with Lebron.

FLDFSU
06-22-2014, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Blue&Orange]Would anyone be surprised he goes back to the cavs after they being gifted against all odds with multiple n

Keno
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
because melo is overrated and not as good and important as lebron is. no one really cares that much about what he does.

NumberSix
06-22-2014, 10:51 PM
I hope Melo colluded to join Miami.

Blue&Orange
06-23-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm a blithering idiot

me too

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343734

SexSymbol
06-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Because nobody right in the head calls Melo a legit superstar

-Lebron23-
06-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Sounds like OP is scared :oldlol:

tontoz
06-23-2014, 08:44 AM
How is joining Rose a collusion? Rose hasn't even played for 2 seasons and reportedly prefers Love anyway.

coin24
06-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Unless melo has been conspiring to team up with 2 other superstars for the last 3 or so years then it's not the same..:facepalm

Melo is a FA can sign wherever he wants..

I didn't have a problem with bran leaving Cleveland, that was his choice as a free agent, I just think it's beta teaming up for way less money and in the loser fashion he did it..

fpliii
06-23-2014, 09:18 AM
You're putting Melo on Durant's level?

Jesus ****ing christ, I hate this forum sometimes. :facepalm

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Let's see, so Melo joining the Bulls is the same thing as 3 allstars joining together in their prime, taking paycuts, WITH the best player in the world exactly the same?

So many dumb fcks in this thread :facepalm

Bulls will have to trade away possibly Gibson and amnesty Boozer to fit Melo and possibly Mirotic to go under the cap.

Miami forcefully manipulated their way under cap by having their best players take paycuts to gain an advantage.

Totally different scenario.

Melo joining a team with a lot of question marks is hardly the same as Miami who at the time seemed to be like an allstar team playing against inferior competition.

JohnFreeman
06-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Wade wasn't in his prime when they teamed up.

ralph_i_el
06-23-2014, 09:30 AM

we pile enough shit on melo already

Warfan
06-23-2014, 09:30 AM

:biggums:
For the first year he was, and he was great in 2012

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:32 AM

He just came off a 26/6/5 season prior, played 77 games and turned 30 in january during Miami's first season with the big 3.

I'd consider 29-30 to be in your prime. :confusedshrug:

JohnFreeman
06-23-2014, 09:33 AM
08-09 was his prime.

coin24
06-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Standard "heat fan" geniuses in this thread..

So now wade wasn't prime, and anyone leaving in FA is the same as what bran/bosh/wade did... Ok:facepalm

Warfan
06-23-2014, 09:38 AM
08-09 was his prime.

Well then you're thinking about peak, prime is usually a stretch of 5+ years and he wasn't even 30 yet

-Lebron23-
06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
08-09 was his prime.
One season? That's his peak, buddy

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:40 AM
08-09 was his prime.

Again, he just came off a 26/6/5 season and had just turned 30.

Still in his prime, not peak, but prime...

JohnFreeman
06-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Whatever, still collusion

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Whatever, still collusion

You used to be an OK poster, what happened to you :facepalm

I'll copy/paste what I wrote in response to this collusion nonsense:

Let's see, so Melo joining the Bulls is the same thing as 3 allstars joining together in their prime, taking paycuts, WITH the best player in the world exactly the same?

So many dumb fcks in this thread

Bulls will have to trade away possibly Gibson and amnesty Boozer to fit Melo and possibly Mirotic to go under the cap.

Miami forcefully manipulated their way under cap by having their best players take paycuts to gain an advantage.

Totally different scenario.

Melo joining a team with a lot of question marks is hardly the same as Miami who at the time seemed to be like an allstar team playing against inferior competition.

JohnFreeman
06-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Rudy Gay just picked up his contract, let me vent

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:49 AM

LOLZ :lol

Kings will be kings :(

-Lebron23-
06-23-2014, 09:52 AM
I feel you, man. The bright side is you may be able to use his contract to grab disgruntled talent before the deadline. Still 30+ games of him on a Kings uniform though :facepalm

tmacattack33
06-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Because Melo sucks.

Also, Noah isn't an offensive star like Bosh was. He's a better player overall but most casual fans only know about offense. So most people would only look at Chicago as a big 2 with Melo and Rose.