PDA

View Full Version : In your gut, what do you think LeBron will do?

Kidbasketball20
06-22-2014, 05:38 PM
For me:
(since Melo's going to Chicago obviously)
Wade's gonna opt in
And LeBron will have an excuse to bolt

And he takes his talents to.... Houston :roll:

Bosh will opt out and leave to be a #1 somewhere else

R.I.P Heat "not 6, not 7, not 8" 2x dynasty

Black and White
06-22-2014, 05:38 PM
He stays in Miami.

I want him to go back to Cleveland tho, and win a ring there.

Kukoc
06-22-2014, 05:39 PM
I want him to go back home to Cleveland and create a dynasty there.

If not, then still leave Miami

Milbuck
06-22-2014, 05:40 PM
I think he's staying in Miami. But if the 2010 offseason has taught me anything, it's that my gut feeling about stars and their decisions is worthless.

Nash
06-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Forget about Houston and all of that. Its either Miami or LA Clippers. He's not going to Texas.

Kidbasketball20
06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
I just don't see any way he stays in Miami if Wade opts in

The resentment and bitterness would get to a very nasty level imo when LeBron has to expand 300 extra minutes a season or w/e just to be knocked out in the ECF.

Droid101
06-22-2014, 05:44 PM
I would be shocked if he goes West.

And in the East, his best bet is the Hawks, seriously. 3 point shooting from every position without giving up toughness and rebounding? That is Bran's dream.

I would probably become a Hawk fan.

ILLsmak
I think he'd leave if he could find a way to get away with it, but I think he's kind of stuck staying. Unless, of course, he just gets really bullheaded and says ****IT I'M DONE.

But where would he go? It's funny that Bron wants to be on the best team every year lol.

-Smak

Kidbasketball20
But if he stays, I think he's only taking a 1 year deal restructured.

Cousin Oliver
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
He'll stay for one more year. I don't think he is going to commit long term to Miami.

DMV2
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I was actually shocked to hear his words during live airing of the Decision, even though rumors were already circulating on the Internet. Even Chris Broussard said he was going to Miami a day before the Decision. Like many, I just laughed at Broussard's "multiple sources." Then it came true...

You kinda knew LeBron was a gutless person after quitting in Game 5 a year earlier but he posted "amazing" stats that you can't really believe he quit on his team. Then Game 4 of the 2011 Finals confirmed it.

LeBron is an incredible player, best player in the game, possibly Top 10 All-Time, but he needs a security blanket when things aren't going good.

My gut says he stays but my gut has been wrong too many times before.

Kukoc
06-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Cleveland baby

kamil
06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
In your gut, what do you think LeBron will do?

He will collude.

pegasus
06-22-2014, 05:56 PM
He'll take the easiest way ... but that's not my gut speaking, it's Lebron's vag!na.

Rocketswin2013
06-22-2014, 05:59 PM
:facepalm
You all need to watch WADE in this. He is the key. What LeBron does is based off of him.

But honestly, it would be bad for Wade but I see him opting out and taking less for like 4-5 more years. Same with Bosh. LeBron either re-signs or opts in. No guarantees though.

navy
06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
You all need to watch WADE in this. He is the key. What LeBron does is based off of him.

But honestly, it would be bad for Wade but I see him opting out and taking less for like 4-5 more years. Same with Bosh. LeBron either re-signs or opts in. No guarantees though.
They already said they would make the decision together. Starts with the Big 3, ends with the Big 3.

wakencdukest
06-22-2014, 08:02 PM
He'll stay and recruit another superstar.

J Shuttlesworth
06-22-2014, 08:05 PM
This is what he'll do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnXeZclbO68

G-train
06-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Sign and trade with Cavs.

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
As a fan of the Houston Rockets I would obviously like it if he comes to Houston, but my gut tells me he's either staying in Miami or going back to Cleveland.

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Forget about Houston and all of that. Its either Miami or LA Clippers. He's not going to Texas.
The Clippers? So you're saying he'll stay in Miami..gotcha.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2014, 08:32 PM
I was actually shocked to hear his words during live airing of the Decision, even though rumors were already circulating on the Internet. Even Chris Broussard said he was going to Miami a day before the Decision. Like many, I just laughed at Broussard's "multiple sources." Then it came true...

You kinda knew LeBron was a gutless person after quitting in Game 5 a year earlier but he posted "amazing" stats that you can't really believe he quit on his team. Then Game 4 of the 2011 Finals confirmed it.

LeBron is an incredible player, best player in the game, possibly Top 10 All-Time, but he needs a security blanket when things aren't going good.

My gut says he stays but my gut has been wrong too many times before.
Broussard actually said on ESPN just before the decision was announced that he thought James was going to go back to Cleveland. He was all over the place during that insanity.

If you throw enough sh!t against the wall, something is bound to stick. I will admit that I'm clueless when it comes to predicting James' moves. I thought the whole idea of going to Miami was ludicrous. I remember most of the board laughing at the notion maybe a year before when a poster put it up as a possibility.

If he was willing to do that, I'm totally in the dark on his mindset.

Sign and trade with Cavs.

...would make no sense when he could just opt-out and sign there if that's what he wanted.

Kidbasketball20
06-22-2014, 09:44 PM
LeBron won't go back to the Cavs cause they are not built to win a championship THIS year.

If anything he'd sign a 1 year deal and then NEXT year potentially bolt back there.

eeeeeebro
06-22-2014, 10:25 PM
As a bulls fan I do not want him but truth is... Him and Noah started that comeback in the all star you could see the love hate chemistry....but in reality its not a championship unless you go through bron

dc_chilling
06-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Honestly, he should go back to the Cavs.

ESPN will bust a nut if he brings a championship to Cleveland.

Besides, Irving is better than Wade now. They also have the number 1 pick in the draft and a solid supporting cast.

It doesn't really matter where he goes if he remains in the East. Any team he hops to will be in the Finals again next year.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 05:51 AM
75% Miami
20% Cleveland
5% Other

Mr. Jabbar
06-23-2014, 05:53 AM
only lebron knows..

-Smak

livingby3's
06-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Bron a Cav, Bosh a Sun

Sakkreth
06-23-2014, 07:14 AM
I think he stays, but I hope he goes to Cavs.

Dr Hawk
06-23-2014, 07:17 AM
I want Lebron to go back to Cleveland and stay there until he retires

NZStreetBaller
06-23-2014, 07:22 AM
I think returning to cleveland wether he wins a chip or not will make him alot more likeable. even i MIGHT like him if he atleast spends the rest of his career TRYING to fufill his promise. its better then being a stacked team ring chasing bitch

poido123
06-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Even though he would inherit a pretty good team going back to Cleveland, I would definitely root for him.

Probably the only way I could fully respect the guy is if he went back and won a title and kept his promise.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-23-2014, 07:49 AM
i hope he either goes to Chicago( him and Noah have respect no matter what they say),Clippers( would love to see LeBron own the league in a stacked team for once, so far hes been on shit rosters his entire career) or Cleveland( would be super sweet, he would wina fe titles there for sure especially if they get Wiggins)
just get the fukk out Miami

"They already have two boys, LeBron Jr. and Bryce Maximus.":roll: :roll: :biggums: :facepalm

Lebron23
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Stay in Miami.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-23-2014, 07:51 AM
I think returning to cleveland wether he wins a chip or not will make him alot more likeable. even i MIGHT like him if he atleast spends the rest of his career TRYING to fufill his promise. its better then being a stacked team ring chasing bitch
LEBron NEVEr was on a stacked team so far.
Give LeBron Durants Thunder, Duncans Spurs or CP3 Clippers and he doesnt lose more than 15 games a season, playoffs included.
LeBron carried teams for 10 years of his career, only difference where the 2012 Heat, who where a decent team

bagelred
06-23-2014, 09:15 AM
He's obviously going to Cleveland to join Kyrie and Melo.

coin24
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
LEBron NEVEr was on a stacked team so far.
Give LeBron Durants Thunder, Duncans Spurs or CP3 Clippers and he doesnt lose more than 15 games a season, playoffs included.
LeBron carried teams for 10 years of his career, only difference where the 2012 Heat, who where a decent team

What?:lol

He hand picked his stacked team and made the finals four years in a row:lol :facepalm
If not for his epic choke they would have 3 peated. Spurs would still destroy them this year though..

I don't think Miami can retool enough to carry him so he'll probably scurry back to the cavs cause there roster looks better..

poido123
06-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Here's my guess.

Wade will opt out of his contract and take a significant cut(James will dictate his terms of staying), James will stay(Get paid), Miami will maybe let Bosh go(perhaps underpay him)and look for a star bigman to protect the basket and score.

If all this happens, I expect Allen, Birdman to play 1 more year.

Derka
06-23-2014, 09:50 AM
I think he stays.

xoracle55
06-23-2014, 10:30 AM
I think James will stay too... and so will Wade and Bosh.

In my opinion the era of "big 3" is far from over.

C'mon it's been a hell of a ride so far. I dont see why they can't keep it going "collusion" or not :applause: and when the frustration of losing to the Spurs subsides, four finals, two championships, sold out arenas and amazing national/local TV ratings, the decision to come together has been a success and nobody can deny this fact, :no:.

Heat organization is not panicking, just where will james go? Heat is still the best option for him and even if they al opt out it wont be signs of unhapiness I think rather than maybe get longer better contracts. Pat Riley will find a way..

Charlie Sheen
06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
100% he's not leaving miami. riley's huge personality will be a stronger influence than any temptation from a competing franchise.

crisoner
06-23-2014, 11:24 AM
I have a feeling LeBron will go to Cleveland.

But then again I thought he would stay in Cleveland the last time.

tmacattack33
06-23-2014, 11:27 AM
He'll stay with the condition that Wade comes off the bench and Miami signs a decent shooter who can play defense (Thabo Sefalosha type of player) and a real center.

crisoner
06-23-2014, 11:28 AM
ok here we go...

Cleveland trades first round pick to Minny for K Love....

Then LeBron comes back.....

Kyrie...Love...LeBron...

Your new BIG 3......

Congrats Cleveland!!!

But they still fail to win a title because Cleveland is cursed.

Bobcats2013
06-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Cleveland. The Illuminati has chosen Cleveland to rise up again.

beastee
06-23-2014, 11:34 AM
ok here we go...

Cleveland trades first round pick to Minny for K Love....

Then LeBron comes back.....

Kyrie...Love...LeBron...

Your new BIG 3......

Congrats Cleveland!!!

But they still fail to win a title because Cleveland is cursed.

While I don't think this is gonna happen, if you made it Anthony Bennett and the #1 pick, that could get Minnesota thinking for sure.

Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Love
Varejo/Zeller/Hawes

That is pretty amazing.

pauk
06-23-2014, 11:39 AM
He will probably stay, but i want him back in Cleveland, he got his rings, he proved he can do it on that stage, now go back to Cleveland and try bring a championship there, would be more meaningful.... even if that doesnt happen, who cares, millions of championships are overrated especially in his case because lets be honest he is a more prominent player than 99.99% of players that ever played.... that other 00.01% is Michael Jordan....

Number24
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM

Agree, agree, agree...
God knows I would cheer for LeBron every time he plays for his team because of PRIDE. Likeability will not be in question at all! I was kinda a fan of James preHeat Era!

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Agree, agree, agree...
God knows I would cheer for LeBron every time he plays for his team because of PRIDE. Likeability will not be in question at all! I was kinda a fan of James preHeat Era!

Same me and my friend loved watching the cavs from about 2006 to 2009. He's still a LeBron fan but I changed after all that craziness in the 2010 offseason.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2014, 11:53 AM
It is Cleveland in my heart, and Cleveland in my head. Miami doesn't make much sense, and too much has to happen for LAC or Houston.

r15mohd
06-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Agree, agree, agree...

I don't think Lebron cares about pride as much as he does winning...pride won't get him the legacy he surely is after

AlphaWolf24
06-23-2014, 12:02 PM
He will probably stay, but i want him back in Cleveland, he got his rings, he proved he can do it on that stage, now go back to Cleveland and try bring a championship there, would be more meaningful.... even if that doesnt happen, who cares, millions of championships are overrated especially in his case because lets be honest he is a more prominent player than 99.99% of players that ever played.... that other 00.01% is Michael Jordan....

already Laying the foundation of excuses for Lebron's Decision 2.0.....

well played.

welcome back.

Number24
06-23-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't think Lebron cares about pride as much as he does winning...pride won't get him the legacy he surely is after
Exactly why I hated the man. Let me set it straight from a fan standpoint, him winning one solitary Championship for his hometown is just as great (if not greater) as him winning five in Miami.

"Winning without pride is not winning at all." :facepalm

Cold soul
06-23-2014, 12:31 PM
I think more than likely Lebron stays in Miami for now.

LosBulls
06-23-2014, 12:34 PM
LeBron to Houston, Wade opts in, Bosh to Dallas.

MavsSuperFan
06-23-2014, 12:44 PM
stay in miami because they get more talent

AirFederer
06-23-2014, 12:52 PM
He delivered on his promise in Miami; two rings for each team member > 7 rings :lol

So he's off to the Cavs.

The only problem I see what do the Wilt fans of Cleveland do then? Back onto Thebron wagon or still sniffing wilt's jock :confusedshrug:

Kidbasketball20
06-23-2014, 01:00 PM
If LeBron went back to the Cavs he would basically have one of the greatest redemption arcs in sports history if he could win just ONE ring.

Kyrie/LeBron/Love would be deadly.

ballin33
06-23-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't think he's going to the Cavs. The roster is too unproven, coach is unproven, and him and the owner have beef why would he go to a team that won 33 games while he is in his prime and trying to win championships?

AnaheimLakers24
06-23-2014, 01:35 PM
hes staying 2/5

Purch
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Id like him to go to the cavs

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 02:27 PM
For me:
Wade's gonna opt in

:applause: just 2!

Thorpesaurous
06-23-2014, 02:34 PM
My guess is he'll stay in Miami. But we'll know a lot more when and if Bosh and Wade opt out. Especially Wade, who they'd need to take less money on an annual basis in order to flesh out the roster. You'll also have to see a few other odd roster moves, like Udonis Haslem retiring a year early, and eventually taking an overpaying front office gig, in order to free up some cash for reinforcements.

If Wade and Bosh, especially Wade, opt in, then it becomes much more likely you see him start to look. I feel like Lebron probably has a bigger appreciation for what specific things Bosh brings to the table to their specific type of wide open play, even if he's not as productive as one would like.

The Cavs would be a great story, but I just don't believe he and Gilbert would be able to get over each other.

I actually think The Clippers are the legit second option. All the players have a huge amount of respect for Doc Rivers, even Lebron after the wars with Boston in his youth. He's reportedly incredibly close with Paul. I don't think in that situation he'd give much thought to how good the west is, because regardless a player on his level feels like in the right situation he's going to win regardless. Much of the West is aging, and OKC has displayed a frugalness that puts them at a disadvantage.
Throw in the massive media market to push his brand even further. The attention the team will get in the wake of the Sterling fiasco, and the fact that an owner that just paid 2 Billion dollars for the team is probably not going to skimp on roster building. It seems like a nearly perfect storm. The only real issue would be that the roster would have some similar drawbacks. Lack of depth upfront. Paul as a type A ego who I still don't think will age well. Blake's mid post game not really jiving. The utility shooters surrounding would be younger and better. But the money moving forward wouldn't be great.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 02:37 PM
For me:
Wade's gonna opt in

Based on his menstrual cramps during the NBA finals, the LA sparks?

BigTicket
06-23-2014, 02:44 PM
I hope he comes back to the Cavs, but I think he's staying in Miami.

Kidbasketball20
06-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Now that he's opted out...

What do you think?

1~Gibson~1
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
This time around I think he goes to a team with a solidified bench, which is why I hope and think Cleveland is in the back of his mind.

If you watched the finals, the majority of them started out neck and neck and once a sub or two were made it easily got outta hand. I remember one of fhe commentators saying something about Miami's bemch being outscored by SA bu a wide margin as well.

Forming anogher big 3 sounds cool and all, but the only way you win a chchampionship is by having a COMPLETE team, and some of these super big 3s that ISH is making up is lacking in other areas.

Number24
06-24-2014, 10:18 AM
If LeBron went back to the Cavs he would basically have one of the greatest redemption arcs in sports history if he could win just ONE ring.

Kyrie/LeBron/Love would be deadly.

Not really the greatest but sure it would be great and superbly COOL especially when he wins them a ring! Fans, management and all will be irrelevant. Everything will be turned upside down once he hints an interest in going back.

You do not refuse to accept back the player who continues to stand as the greatest player of your franchise of you are a Cavalier, a fan or the management! :no:

greymatter
06-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Too many negatives with Cleveland to be a viable option:

1. Coaching:

Who the hell is David Blatt? Tyrone Lue? Really? The guy was a career scrub in the NBA. Wasn't known for being a leader or good floor general.

2. Owner/fans:

People forgot Dan Gilbert and his hysterical rant? What about all the people burning his jersey? That might all be water under the bridge, but there's no doubt still lingering resentment. Lebron can probably get over the fan reaction, but the guy signing his paycheck? Doubtful.

3. Development time:

Lebron turns 30 this year. He's not going to want to waste a year of his prime on a team that doesn't have the pieces to contend. Who will be key to fostering this development? The 2 no-name scrub coaches or will it all be Lebron?

OmniStrife
06-24-2014, 11:04 AM
My head says he stays in Miami.

I wan't him to go and win in CLE and redeem that organization and himself.

In my dreams I see him signing with the Suns

Dragon
Bled
Bron
Morri
Plums

:lol

Purch
06-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Too many negatives with Cleveland to be a viable option:

1. Coaching:

Who the hell is David Blatt? Tyrone Lue? Really? The guy was a career scrub in the NBA. Wasn't known for being a leader or good floor general.

2. Owner/fans:

People forgot Dan Gilbert and his hysterical rant? What about all the people burning his jersey? That might all be water under the bridge, but there's no doubt still lingering resentment. Lebron can probably get over the fan reaction, but the guy signing his paycheck? Doubtful.

3. Development time:

Lebron turns 30 this year. He's not going to want to waste a year of his prime on a team that doesn't have the pieces to contend. Who will be key to fostering this development? The 2 no-name scrub coaches or will it all be Lebron?

DaSeba5
06-24-2014, 11:08 AM
I think he stays. His family is settled in and he competes for titles every year. But there's still a chance he leaves if Miami doesn't retool.

greymatter
06-24-2014, 12:55 PM

Sorry. No one within the continental US except Eurotrash gives a shit about former Euroleague coaches.

GimmeThat
06-24-2014, 01:06 PM
make me ill, and have that feeling of nausea, near the edge of throwing up.

my gut.

Nastradamus
06-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Stays in Miami and Bosh is traded to Houston for Asik,Lin,T.Jones and 3 mil.