PDA

View Full Version : Back in your place Hawk fans.

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 07:51 PM
What the hells with all these retarded threads lately? No, your not going to be the Spurs of the east or attract big free agents. The biggest free agent your franchise ever signed was re-signing Joe Johnson, which you had to wildly overpay for 6 years just to keep him in that hole. Atlanta is not a great city to live in and no big name player wants to be there.

Remember, you've never, ever made it out of the 2nd round and Dwight AND CP3 had the chance to both sign with you in their home town but chose not to!

Tl;dr: In future we post the gif below everytime a stupid Hawks thread pops up.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

hawkfan
06-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Which team made the playoffs: Hawks or Knicks?

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Congratulations another year of pure mediocrity, never had anything more. I'll enjoy my view of the Hudson while you'll probably go beat up black people, shoot at things or rub your sisters asshole all day.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-22-2014, 08:09 PM
Not sure if all Hawk fans are *******s or only the ******* ones migrated to ISH. What an insufferable fanbase.

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Aren't their only like 3 Hawk fans on this site? The one with the dumb trades and the guy who thinks Dwight, Lebron, or Melo would go to Atlanta?

buddha
06-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Dwight AND CP3 had the chance to both sign with you in their home town but chose not to!

http://www.imagegainer.com/images/momason92/spaincoach.gif

ABG
06-22-2014, 08:33 PM
:roll:

plus most of those hawk threads today were started by the same guy.

r0drig0lac
06-22-2014, 08:35 PM
:lol :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Aren't their only like 3 Hawk fans on this site? The one with the dumb trades and the guy who thinks Dwight, Lebron, or Melo would go to Atlanta?

Probably all one and the same

I doubt there are 3 separate Hawks fans THAT delusional :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
The Hawks are shit, and will always be, but it's pathetic that you see a fan of the joke ass New York Knicks trying to talk mess. Sit your ass down bitch.

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 08:52 PM

Is making the 8th seed in one of the weakest seasons of the East really something that impressive ?

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
The Hawks are shit, and will always be, but it's pathetic that you see a fan of the joke ass New York Knicks trying to talk mess. Sit your ass down bitch.
Dude you talk so much shit online but you'd run like a little girl if any member of this board saw you face to face. Your teams never won a title and have let it's 2 franchise centers bail due to the lack of ability to build a winning team.

The point of this thread was that Hawk fans have been out of control lately, don't take away from the main point with one of your pathetic little agendas.

atljonesbro
06-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Knicks fans trying to talk :facepalm

So many resources yet can't accomplish a damn thing

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 08:56 PM

Except for the fact that we have made it out of the 2nd round and won titles.

outbreak
06-22-2014, 09:00 PM
......from a knicks fan :roll:
Atlanta have done better with their situations than the knicks. So many resources wasted on terrible mediocre roster after terrible mediocre roster.

atljonesbro
06-22-2014, 09:03 PM
40 years ago :lol

How can such a spoiled large market gifted FA's based purely off their name not win another?

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Had like 2 meaningful responses, I don't see any Knicks fans making wildly unrealistic threads about potential FA's coming in, congrats ISH doing work again :applause:

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 09:15 PM
40 years ago :lol

How can such a spoiled large market gifted FA's based purely off their name not win another?

The Hawks haven't won a title since 1958 when they were the St.Louis Hawks.

Atlanta have done better with their situations than the knicks.

Neither of these teams are the Lakers or Celtics or Spurs or Bulls. They aren't even the Heat

That said, the Hawks have hardly handled their situations from an all-time prespective better. Both franchises since the start of the new century have been mediocre at best.

Better question is to ask, which team is better and who would win in a 7 games series: 09-10 Hawks or 12-13 Knicks ?

smoovegittar
06-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Half of Philips Arena shows up in blue and orange for a Knicks visit. Atlanta fans (all 3 of 'em) stay mad... No title in 56 years. Something to say to Knicks fans? I thought not.:no:

BrownEye007
06-22-2014, 09:46 PM
:lol the Magic are a bigger joke than either of the teams you mentioned.

AnaheimLakers24
06-22-2014, 09:49 PM
:oldlol:

SpecialQue
06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
The Hawks have had more playoff success than the Knicks in recent years, and that's without being an attractive market for free agents.

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 09:52 PM
The Hawks have had more playoff success than the Knicks in recent years, and that's without being an attractive market for free agents.
And yet last season the Knicks have achieved just a much success by making the 2nd round that the Atlanta Hawks EVER have. But quit being a moron, this thread was about how insufferable and out of hand the Hawk fans have been lately.

coin24
06-22-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm with OP. Sick of those tards mentioning the hawks in every trade or FA thread:facepalm

No decent player is signing there:lol

To4
06-22-2014, 09:53 PM

GOD! this GIF is GOLD!!!!! :lol :roll: :oldlol:

Droid101
06-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Hawks last 6 seasons are better than the Knicks last 6 seasons.

I don't expect that to change.

Just2McFly
06-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Is making the 8th seed in one of the weakest seasons of the East really something that impressive ?
It is when your best player plays only 29 games... you act like they aren't a top three seed when healthy.

Jameerthefear
06-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Dude you talk so much shit online but you'd run like a little girl if any member of this board saw you face to face. Your teams never won a title and have let it's 2 franchise centers bail due to the lack of ability to build a winning team.

The point of this thread was that Hawk fans have been out of control lately, don't take away from the main point with one of your pathetic little agendas.
If I saw your ass in real life I'd slap your bitchass to the ground. Hawk fans can make as many threads as they want. I hate their shitty team and franchise but for you to argue about the rare Hawks thread every once in a while compared to all the other bullshit on this board is retarded. Sit down son.

Fudge
06-22-2014, 10:05 PM
If I saw your ass in real life I'd slap your bitchass to the ground.
Please, Jameer. :oldlol: You wouldn't harm a fly. You're a 16 year old black kid from Alabama who hides at home and watches Anime all summer. I bet he's shaking.

Jameerthefear
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Please, Jameer. :oldlol: You wouldn't harm a fly. You're a 16 year old black kid from Alabama who hides at home and watches Anime all summer. I bet he's shaking.
Quiet court jester. Go prance around like a dumbass some more and entertain my guests.

PimpinZaZa
06-22-2014, 10:11 PM

When was that again? Lol at a knicks fan mocking the Hawks after the state of their sorry ass team the last 20 years. GTFO, what is the world coming to :roll:

niko
06-22-2014, 10:12 PM
It's true though. Threads saying the Hawks will be good are ok. Threads talking about the top free agents coming this year to Atlanta strike me as silly unless you have some super secret info that I do not. WHY WOULDN'T MELO GO TO ATLANTA? Because he doesn't want to. Neither does Lebron. None of the top guys.

When it changes let me know...

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 10:14 PM
you act like they aren't a top three seed when healthy.

Not at all, infact back in January I said:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9336474&postcount=90

Fudge
06-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Quiet court jester. Go prance around like a dumbass some more and entertain my guests.
Will do.

Now do me a favor and get some fresh air outside. Time to stop wanking it to Yu-gi-Oh or whatever the fukk you kids watch nowadays. Productivity, Jameer, productivity.

Jameerthefear
06-22-2014, 10:16 PM
It's true though. Threads saying the Hawks will be good are ok. Threads talking about the top free agents coming this year to Atlanta strike me as silly unless you have some super secret info that I do not. WHY WOULDN'T MELO GO TO ATLANTA? Because he doesn't want to. Neither does Lebron. None of the top guys.

It really isn't a big deal with the number of shitty threads on this forum. Gotta let fans of small market teams have their fun too. I make a thread about the Magic everyday and the same dipshit goes and tries to derail it, but I don't care. I hope Hawks fans take the same approach.

atljonesbro
06-22-2014, 10:18 PM
It really isn't a big deal with the number of shitty threads on this forum. Gotta let fans of small market teams have their fun too. I make a thread about the Magic everyday and the same dipshit goes and tries to derail it, but I don't care. I hope Hawks fans take the same approach.
I'll continue to make Hawks threads. I always figure that a thread like that could be a nice change of pace, but apparently this forum wants to continue the large market circle jerk and talk about the same crap over and over.

BasedTom
06-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Peasants all of you.

Seriously, the hawks have a bright future, but saying they're going to be a dynasty when Melo and every FA suddenly decides they want to live in Atlanta....Nah man. Maybe in your association mode in 2k, but not in real life

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 10:21 PM
I'll continue to make Hawks threads. I always figure that a thread like that could be a nice change of pace, but apparently this forum wants to continue the large market circle jerk and talk about the same crap over and over.

Go to the Hawks forums and post about the Hawks. You'll get more feed back there from posters who follow the team more closely.

"Large Market Teams" will most likely have more fans and bring up their team more. If your talking about redundant LeBron, Kobe, Durant threads, it's usually just trash talking.

Legends66NBA7
06-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Peasants all of you.

Seriously, the hawks have a bright future, but saying they're going to be a dynasty when Melo and every FA suddenly decides they want to live in Atlanta....Nah man. Maybe in your association mode in 2k, but not in real life

That's another thing too... Wasn't LaLa a big factor in Melo moving to NY ?

Just2McFly
06-22-2014, 10:24 PM

I dont understand what they have against atlanta.... a max contract in that city ?:bowdown: :bowdown:

No Evans!
06-22-2014, 10:25 PM

Well she is from Atlanta :confusedshrug:

Jameerthefear
06-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Go to the Hawks forums and post about the Hawks. You'll get more feed back there from posters who follow the team more closely.

"Large Market Teams" will most likely have more fans and bring up their team more. If your talking about redundant LeBron, Kobe, Durant threads, it's usually just trash talking.
Eh. This forum isn't good as far as team forums go. Only teams that have active ones are like Toronto and LA at times. Even if he did post in it people hardly check it.

BasedTom
06-22-2014, 10:29 PM
"Melo is cancer" aside, I think that everyone had pretty big expectations for Melo when he first joined the Knicks. And look where we are now.

LaLa apparently doesn't like Denver at all, but if you ask me it's a very nice place. Anyway, all of that city comparing is not as much of a factor as to potential to win and $$$$$$. I doubt Atlanta is up there when it comes to that.

niko
06-22-2014, 10:41 PM
I dont understand what they have against atlanta.... a max contract in that city ?:bowdown: :bowdown:
I'm not saying it shouldn't happen (remember Howard? I really thought they should have tried to trade for him, and after he came he'd like it and stay). But talknig about Melo to Atlanta is only interesting if you like fan fiction.

tontoz
06-23-2014, 08:29 AM

Seriously the Knicks are crap. They have nothing to look forward to next year and have been disfunctional since Ewing left.

Richesly
06-23-2014, 08:59 AM
So, Hawk discussions are not allowed?

tontoz
06-23-2014, 09:06 AM

Knicks fans think they own the board even though they have been a joke since before some of them were even born.

:facepalm

ralph_i_el
06-23-2014, 09:31 AM
What the hells with all these retarded threads lately? No, your not going to be the Spurs of the east or attract big free agents. The biggest free agent your franchise ever signed was re-signing Joe Johnson, which you had to wildly overpay for 6 years just to keep him in that hole. Atlanta is not a great city to live in and no big name player wants to be there.

Remember, you've never, ever made it out of the 2nd round and Dwight AND CP3 had the chance to both sign with you in their home town but chose not to!

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

1. You like the Knicks so STFU

2. You've never been to ATL so STFU

If I was a big name free agent ATL would be in my top half of teams.

I'm real ****ing sick of knicks fans thinking they're special. New Yorkers in general have grand (wrong) opinion of themselves.
Also CP3 is from NC but I'm sure YOU wouldn't know the difference once you made it south of N-Va

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2014, 10:12 AM
I did think it was kind of weird how many Hawks threads there were this weekend :oldlol:

Idk why Knicks fans are so salty about it though, are they just jealous because they aren't getting the attention they want?

tontoz
06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
I did think it was kind of weird how many Hawks threads there were this weekend :oldlol:

Idk why Knicks fans are so salty about it though, are they just jealous because they aren't getting the attention they want?

They are getting plenty of attention for being a mess. OP shouldn't be calling attention to their ongoing failures. Even with the advantages of being in a big market they still suck and will continue to suck.

Legends66NBA7
06-23-2014, 12:45 PM

Rational discussion is allowed. Off course, people get away with a lot on here. You're not somebody I think off when rational discussion comes into play regarding the Hawks.

Also, it's amusing that most would deflect towards OP being a Knicks fan have teams that when most of what he said was true. I guess if the OP was a Spurs fan, Lakers fan, Celtics fan, etc... it would be "allowed" to state what he did.

Richesly
06-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Rational discussion is allowed. Off course, people get away with a lot on here. You're not somebody I think off when rational discussion comes into play regarding the Hawks.

Also, it's amusing that most would deflect towards OP being a Knicks fan have teams that when most of what he said was true. I guess if the OP was a Spurs fan, Lakers fan, Celtics fan, etc... it would be "allowed" to state what he did.

I don't understand how I am not rational. I literally just post articles to spread speculation.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-23-2014, 01:07 PM
There's a Hawks forum ya know?

Post your deluded drivel here:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Legends66NBA7
06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't understand how I am not rational. I literally just post articles to spread speculation.

Making threads blaming the refs and then whining about it to the mod's isn't exactly somebody being rational. It's being an over the top fanatic.

Also, no, the last couple of threads you made weren't rational at all. They were pipe dreams or bias. It's cool, everyone has it sometimes, but you seem to be doing it all the time from observation.

Richesly
06-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Making threads blaming the refs and then whining about it to the mod's isn't exactly somebody being rational. It's being an over the top fanatic.

Also, no, the last couple of threads you made weren't rational at all. They were pipe dreams or bias. It's cool, everyone has it sometimes, but you seem to be doing it all the time from observation.

There is nothing wrong with pure speculation.

Richesly
06-23-2014, 01:17 PM

As for blaming the refs, I have not done so since 2012.

Legends66NBA7
06-23-2014, 01:20 PM
^Cool man.

On a better note, Hawks do have a decent squad. Wish they were healthy last year.

Knicks014Champs
06-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Knicks are relevant and free agents do come to mecca, we will win chip soon, and hawks will never win unless they move to other city(like St.Louis), nobody gives a fck about atlanta, no wonder that even dwight did not sign there (which still would mean first round exit because noone else would want to be in fcking atlanta) and lol about Bron signing in Atlanta, in fcking atlanta ? :roll:

atljonesbro
06-23-2014, 01:30 PM

Pretty sure threads I make are more rational than 75% of threads on here anyways. From a basketball standpoint why wouldn't players want to come to Atlanta? One of the best situations they could enter in the league. Could you imagine if a player came out and said he'd rather play in one town because he'd get more fame and spotlight? Half they people who spew that crap on here would be bashing him for the same reason they use to why he wouldn't sign to certain teams.

atljonesbro
06-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Knicks are relevant and free agents do come to mecca, we will win chip soon, and hawks will never win unless they move to other city(like St.Louis), nobody gives a fck about atlanta, no wonder that even dwight did not sign there (which still would mean first round exit because noone else would want to be in fcking atlanta) and lol about Bron signing in Atlanta, in fcking atlanta ? :roll:
Lol. I've heard this same garbage from Knicks fans as long as I've watched basketball. I could only imagine they've done the same thing the past 41 years. Maybe y'all need another beast to throw the ball to down low

Levity
06-23-2014, 01:35 PM
while there have been a couple of really shitty and whiny Hawks posters lamenting on this board lately, i am still intrigued by this team. They have a pretty cohesive line up, and a coach who runs a very efficient and pretty offense.

The hawks have been dealt a difficult hand these past years with Horford constantly missing time, but a front court of Milsap and Al can definitely be a difficult one to match up against during the playoffs. Teague has continued to improve, you know what youre going to get from Korver (and the defense has been a pleasant surprise, and even Carrol has been a consistent plus for this team.

If they can get lucky in free agency, they have a chance to be a top 4 team in the east, regardless of how many people dont watch their games.

wally_world
06-23-2014, 01:49 PM

This. Most underachieving franchise of all time. I'd be ashamed to be a fan.

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
while there have been a couple of really shitty and whiny Hawks posters lamenting on this board lately, i am still intrigued by this team. They have a pretty cohesive line up, and a coach who runs a very efficient and pretty offense.

The hawks have been dealt a difficult hand these past years with Horford constantly missing time, but a front court of Milsap and Al can definitely be a difficult one to match up against during the playoffs. Teague has continued to improve, you know what youre going to get from Korver (and the defense has been a pleasant surprise, and even Carrol has been a consistent plus for this team.

If they can get lucky in free agency, they have a chance to be a top 4 team in the east, regardless of how many people dont watch their games.

No doubt, we were in 3rd in the East before Horford went down and have a decent draft pick + some cap space.

I have a weird feeling about this offseason though, we're rumored to have been shopping Horford, and now I've seen some rumors that we'd be open to trading Teague too. I don't think Millsap is off limits either. Ferry realizes that while we have a decent little team, nobody is vital to our future so any moves that could improve us are on the table.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 02:30 PM

Which teams stadium looks half empty during the playoffs?

Legends66NBA7
06-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Pretty sure threads I make are more rational than 75% of threads on here anyways.

I'd have to disagree. Every thread you make comes off as someone whining because people have an opposing view against Atlanta. And if it's not that, you come of as someone who's trying to be passive aggressive to posters because of their beliefs that's opposing to your beliefs.

You're act just as bad (not the worst) as some of the posters here.

From a basketball standpoint why wouldn't players want to come to Atlanta? One of the best situations they could enter in the league.

From a basketball standpoint, why wouldn't player want to come to Washington, Toronto, Boston, Miami, LA (both teams) Philadelphia, Phoenix, Chicago, Indiana, etc... What makes Atlanta that much better from teams with history, young talent, and just as much structure ?

Atlanta has a nice core. Doesn't have enough to lure FA's. If you had another superstar (like say, drafting Chris Paul and keeping him ?), then you might be in better ways to negotiate something.

Could you imagine if a player came out and said he'd rather play in one town because he'd get more fame and spotlight? Half they people who spew that crap on here would be bashing him for the same reason they use to why he wouldn't sign to certain teams.

Actually, players have done that. They do it today. Steve Nash said he wants to play for money in his final season. Rudy Fernandez wanted more minutes and fame, even though Brandon Roy was better than him. List goes on, infact... Joe Johnson got that huge contract and I doubt winning was on his mind over getting $20 million a year. At least Atlanta made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

That's actually perfectly logical. The life of a pro athlete doesn't last very long. Only the great players last long or they have the talent to ride it out.

As for coming to Atlanta ? Maybe someone comes along one day and changes the course of their history (46 years of being a second round exit at best). It's just not likely to happen now if the current crop. You're better off drafting smart first because that's where a true management will be tested in building a team.

ballup
06-23-2014, 06:00 PM
OP forgot how embarrassing it was for the Knicks to fail at taking the Hawk's playoff spot despite Horford not playing more than half the season. He just mad that the Hawks have a brighter immediate future.

hawkfan
06-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Which team had a completely empty stadium this playoffs?

hawkfan
06-23-2014, 06:07 PM
OP forgot how embarrassing it was for the Knicks to fail at taking the Hawk's playoff spot despite Horford not playing more than half the season. He just mad that the Hawks have a brighter immediate future.

Hawks lost 14 out of 15 then lost another 6 in a row and still made the playoffs.

smoovegittar
06-23-2014, 06:14 PM
If Atlanta improves this coming season and goes deeper in the playoffs, this Knick fan will give props. That doesn't stop OP from being a douchebag.

Half this place bashes the Knicks and then say it's because Knick fans have a "sense of entitlement". Most of you dumbos weren't around when NYC was killing it in the Seventies and Nineties, so shut the fukk up. If someone's gonna bash my team consistently for lack of something better to offer, then damn straight I'm coming right back at them. Real hoop fans who root for my team are well aware of the problems over the last 12 years. Most of this panel aren't hoop fans - they're player fans or lonely little spotty faced boys who are tired of masterbaitng. You come correct; I'll play nice. I've been reading this bullshit for too long to know better.

NugzFan
06-23-2014, 06:25 PM

Atlanta.

No way New York can fill up 1/2 of msg during the playoffs.

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM

Well I know Phillips had a few more fans in it than MSG did during the playoffs :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
06-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Well I know Phillips had a few more fans in it than MSG did during the playoffs :roll: :roll: :roll:
DAMN! :roll:

Trentknicks
06-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Congrats to legends for being the only one with the intelligence to pick up on the central message, not surprised, but still.

atljonesbro
06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Congrats to legends for being the only one with the intelligence to pick up on the central message, not surprised, but still.
Lol because this thread is the peak of intelligence. Top level stuff. Really sticking it to the Hawks fan. Pure, raw intellect.

Trentknicks
06-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Lol because this thread is the peak of intelligence. Top level stuff. Really sticking it to the Hawks fan. Pure, raw intellect.
How about your Hawks will be the 2014 champions thread? You moron, this is the exact kind of shit we are talking about, just laughable how many people tried to derail it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298479

smoovegittar
06-23-2014, 11:05 PM
How about your Hawks will be the 2014 champions thread? You moron, this is the exact kind of shit we are talking about, just laughable how many people tried to derail it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298479
"Count on it" - still counting... :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2014, 01:26 AM
As long as our 'place' is still above the Knicks 'place', I'm ok getting put back in it :cheers:

hawkfan
06-24-2014, 01:27 AM

Even if Melo goes back to the Knicks, do they have enough to get into the playoffs in 2015?

Meticode
06-24-2014, 01:32 AM

I disagree. Dikembe Mutombo was a bigger signing. Although I think you can argue Johnson or Mutombo.

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Even if Melo goes back to the Knicks, do they have enough to get into the playoffs in 2015?

Definitely not. They couldn't beat out the Hawks minus Horford, and the Cavs should be better than them next year as well.

Not that it's going to matter, Melo is off to greener pastures. Llet the Knicks wallow in their own filth for a couple years before they sign another two 'big time free agents' and try this thing again.

PimpinZaZa
06-24-2014, 01:53 AM

At least we got there!

ballup
06-24-2014, 07:25 AM
Also OP, if you are allowed to make crappy posts/thread, then Hawk fans should be able to do so too.