PDA

View Full Version : Kobe fans are bitter about about FG% and efficiency

rlsmooth775
06-22-2014, 08:33 PM
kobe never shot higher than 46% other great scorers in history have shot higher than 50 multiple times. The excuse was always well kobe plays against zone defenses and shoots a lot of 3s. Than Lebron comes along and ruins everything for these guys lol.

BlkMambaGOAT
06-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Lebron fans bitter about being 2/5 in the finals.

navy
06-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Kobe is a good scorer when he's hot probably the best because of his extensive scoring skill set....

But he is a chucker. Probably the best of all time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Kobe really sucks

jstern
06-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Kobe is like a 25% game winning shot shooter. But his fans thinks he's the clutches player of all time, because being efficient is overrated.

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 08:38 PM
He could shoot %20 for all I care. End result is all that matters to me. Championships. With or without him. Hard to troll that mind frame.

rlsmooth775
06-22-2014, 08:39 PM
He could shoot %20 for all I care. End result is all that matters to me. Championships. With or without him. Hard to troll that mind frame.

So he could play like crap and still be celebrated for a team accomplishment love the logic

BlkMambaGOAT
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Kobe is like a 25% game winning shot shooter. But his fans thinks he's the clutches player of all time, because being efficient is overrated.
Kobe isn't the clutchest player ever.

That being said, the best players are the best winners, because true legends don't play to stat-pad, they play to win.:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

DonDadda59
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
kobe never shot higher than 46% other great scorers in history have shot higher than 50 multiple times. The excuse was always well kobe plays against zone defenses and shoots a lot of 3s. Than Lebron comes along and ruins everything for these guys lol.

You just got me hungry for some zone sandwiches. Good times :oldlol:

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 08:43 PM
So he could play like crap and still be celebrated for a team accomplishment love the logic
Right over your head. It went right over. Championships are what matter to me, not who took us there. Organization > Player.

smoovegittar
06-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Still the best active player in the league says this Knick fan.

Droid101
06-22-2014, 10:06 PM
When will the meltdowns end? It's been a week guys, just stop.

AnaheimLakers24
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
kobe 5/7 effiecient
bran 2/5 not efficient

Collie
06-22-2014, 10:13 PM
You know what? Kobe is actually pretty efficient, a 55% TS for his career, not that far from Cleveland Bron's 56%.

pauk
06-22-2014, 10:20 PM
kobe 5/7 effiecient
bran 2/5 not efficient

Kobe - 2/7 fmvps - not so efficient

Genaro
06-22-2014, 10:22 PM
It's ok children. You can stop crying for the prison rape Spurs performed.

dubeta
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Kobe fg% is proof that his scoring is nothing great as soo many others can put up the same scoring numbers if they chucked like he did.

Droid101
06-22-2014, 10:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NjrwffZ.jpg

The-Legend-24
06-22-2014, 10:55 PM
kobe 5/7 effiecient
bran 2/5 not efficient
:oldlol: :oldlol:

The Iron Fist
06-22-2014, 10:55 PM
:roll:

It amazes me how they still try to compare a loser to a winner.

nzahir
06-22-2014, 11:01 PM
:lol

BlkMambaGOAT
06-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Droid with the dagger
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ne 1
06-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Except Kobe being inefficient over his career is a myth. He has always been efficient relative to league average, even in most of his highest-volume shooting seasons. In fact, he had excellent efficiency over his prime. He was at a excellent +3-4% relative to league average TS% from 2001-2009. That's as good as the "efficiency God" Wade or 2nd 3-peat Jordan. At no point in his career has Kobe been under league average efficency and he takes many last second shots.

FlashDwyaneWade3
06-23-2014, 06:06 AM
45-46% is inefficient? :wtf:

Quickening
06-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Except Kobe being inefficient over his career is a myth. He has always been efficient relative to league average, even in most of his highest-volume shooting seasons. In fact, he had excellent efficiency over his prime. He was at a excellent +3-4% relative to league average TS% from 2001-2009. That's as good as the "efficiency God" Wade or 2nd 3-peat Jordan. At no point in his career has Kobe been under league average efficency and he takes many last second shots.
Comparing supposedly a top ten player of all time to the league average? go compare his stats to the real top ten players, see how he holds up.

SexSymbol
06-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Didn't you try to act objective for the last year or something?
Must be hard knowing, that Lebron doesn't have a case over 3 players that he played against or with.

SexSymbol
06-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Comparing supposedly a top ten player of all time to the league average? go compare his stats to the real top ten players, see how he holds up.
Very good actually, considering he's a SG and a jumpshooter, a 28/6/5 on 46% prime is quite spectacular.

Mr. Jabbar
06-23-2014, 08:43 AM
would still pay to see kobe chuck to 5 chips / would not to see lebron stat pad to a 2/5 record

GimmeThat
06-23-2014, 08:45 AM
I'll give him a pass for being the 5th all time in FT attempts but 3rd in made.

greymatter
06-23-2014, 10:46 AM
I'll give him a pass for being the 5th all time in FT attempts but 3rd in made.

Because beating two career 50% FT shooters is really an impressive feat.

riseagainst
06-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Because beating two career 50% FT shooters is really an impressive feat.

then don't more people do it?
:confusedshrug:

HurricaneKid
06-23-2014, 11:55 AM

This is FACTUALLY incorrect. Across the board. Lets take an actual look:

That's as good as the "efficiency God" Wade

Years 4% higher than league avg: 0/17
Wade: years 4% higher than league avg: 3/11

Wade years > .570TS% - 6/11
Kobe years > .570TS% - 2/17

He was at a excellent +3-4% relative to league average TS% from 2001-2009.

No.

At no point in his career has Kobe been under league average efficency

11/12
13/14.

I'll give him a pass for last year but 11/12 is pretty bad. TONS of years within 1% of league avg. In fact, career avg is only about 1.4% higher than league avg.

he takes many last second shots.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which-nba-players-are-best-late-in-the-shot-clock-1563759412
Stat-picker LeBron has >>>>>>> everyone else. Only one player within 25% of his FGAs last 3 sec of shot clock. Almost TWICE as many as Kobe in most of the years I can track down the data. Which is kind of jarring considering Kobe shoots SOoooo much more than LeBron

http://www.82games.com/random6.htm

Except Kobe being inefficient over his career is a myth. He has always been efficient relative to league average, even in most of his highest-volume shooting seasons.

2009/10 Kobe's FMVP season beating Boston's "Big 3". Last of his 5 Championships. TS% - .545
2009/10 League Avg - .543

Kobe best TS% in a Championship season - .561
LeBron best TS% in a Championship season - .640

There is a reason Kobe fans talk in platitudes rather than stats. And when they refer to stats they attempt to be incredibly vague and dismissive.

gts
06-23-2014, 12:39 PM
There is a reason Kobe fans talk in platitudes rather than stats.

Yes it's because they watch the games, they see the incredible impact he has. they don't need to twist and turn and torture meaningless stats down the nth degree like others do... you guys sit here and act as if a percentage point here and there is the ultimate tool for defining a 18 year career that's resulted in multiple championships, multiple accolades..

It's not...

Those one or two percentage points you waste your time parading about while classifying Kobe and or any other all time greats carry zero weight because he (kobe) and the other all time greats win games.... That's what they do, they win and they win a lot, they are not in the conversation as being an all time great because their FG% is 2 percent higher than some other guys, they're in the conversation because they win, they lead, they score by the bucketload, because there are more nights than not when they're unstoppable.. Thats why they're great, because they are the movers and shakers of the league not because they were efficient...

Kobe haters need to get over the FACT he'll go down as a top 5 all time and all your posts and all your whining and all your rape jokes and all the other childlike attempts degrade his place in NBA history won't change a thing...

I read these posts from Lebron fans and I've come to realize they don't know or understand what makes Kobe great, because they don't know what makes Lebron great, they think it's because he puts up pretty numbers and that's not even close to being the reason Lebron will be considered one of the all time greats when his story is told

nathanjizzle
06-23-2014, 12:43 PM
why people still compare the 2 baffles me. lebron is an efficient role player. kobe is a chucking leader. you cant be both like jordan was.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 12:49 PM

No.

11/12
13/14.

I'll give him a pass for last year but 11/12 is pretty bad. TONS of years within 1% of league avg. In fact, career avg is only about 1.4% higher than league avg.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which-nba-players-are-best-late-in-the-shot-clock-1563759412
Stat-picker LeBron has >>>>>>> everyone else. Only one player within 25% of his FGAs last 3 sec of shot clock. Almost TWICE as many as Kobe in most of the years I can track down the data. Which is kind of jarring considering Kobe shoots SOoooo much more than LeBron

2009/10 Kobe's FMVP season beating Boston's "Big 3". Last of his 5 Championships. TS% - .545

There is a reason Kobe fans talk in platitudes rather than stats. And when they refer to stats they attempt to be incredibly vague and dismissive.

ether

AirFederer
06-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Kobe isn't the clutchest player ever.

That being said, the best players are the best winners, because true legends don't play to stat-pad, they play to win.:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Kobe has had many games where he played to score, over winning.

He'd rather lose than risk not beeing The Man :confusedshrug: :facepalm

hawke812
06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Kobe has had many games where he played to score, over winning.

He'd rather lose than risk not beeing The Man :confusedshrug: :facepalm

Scoring more = more chance to win. Scoring less = less chance to win:confusedshrug:

imnew09
06-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Kobe is a shooter, lebro is a layupER

Inactive
06-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Scoring more = more chance to win. Scoring less = less chance to win:confusedshrug:Scoring on as many possessions as possible + getting as many possessions as possible = max chance to win. Scoring on low percentage shots to maximize your individual numbers = lower chance to win.

hawke812
06-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Scoring on as many possessions as possible + getting as many possessions as possible = max chance to win. Scoring on low percentage shots to maximize your individual numbers = lower chance to win.

A player in any sport scores to win. This is the only reason to score in sports.

The term "maximizing individual numbers" was not concocted on the court, but on a couch in front of a T.V.

Inactive
06-23-2014, 01:26 PM
A player in any sport scores to win. This is the only reason to score in sports.

The term "maximizing individual numbers" was not concocted on the court, but on a couch in front of a T.V.
Any player who shoots presumably intends to make the shot, and thus help his team win. However, if a player is taking low percentage shots, and you have yet to run your offense(i.e they aren't bail out shots), he's hurting his team.

If he continues to take those shots, after years of data showing him that they're poor shots, then the most plausible explanation is that he's taking them to improve his own scoring numbers. The alternative would be that he's either so delusional that he thinks he's going to suddenly start making a high percentage of them, or he's somehow managed to bury his head in the sand, and stay ignorant.

AnaheimLakers24
06-23-2014, 01:31 PM
5/7 > 2/5

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Right over your head. It went right over. Championships are what matter to me, not who took us there. Organization > Player.

So Robert Horry > Michael Jordan

gts
06-23-2014, 01:56 PM
So Robert Horry > Michael Jordan
his post went right over your head :lol

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2014, 02:08 PM
his post went right over your head :lol

Lol, with some of the posters on here, sometimes it's REALLY tough to figure out who's being serious or not

Inactive
06-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Lol, with some of the posters on here, sometimes it's REALLY tough to figure out who's being serious or notHe was being serious. He was saying he doesn't care about individual players' accomplishments. It's not about Horry 7 > Jordan 6 to him. It's about Celtics 17, Lakers 16, Bulls 6, Spurs 4 etc.

Beastmode88
06-23-2014, 02:17 PM

So with MJ being 6/6 does that mean MJ > Bran > Kobe in pauk's eyes? :eek:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 02:21 PM
So with MJ being 6/6 does that mean MJ > Bran > Kobe in pauk's eyes? :eek:
pauk's logic :confusedshrug: :facepalm

HurricaneKid
06-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes it's because they watch the games, they see the incredible impact he has. they don't need to twist and turn and torture meaningless stats down the nth degree like others do... you guys sit here and act as if a percentage point here and there is the ultimate tool for defining a 18 year career that's resulted in multiple championships, multiple accolades..

It's not...

Those one or two percentage points you waste your time parading about while classifying Kobe and or any other all time greats carry zero weight because he (kobe) and the other all time greats win games.... That's what they do, they win and they win a lot, they are not in the conversation as being an all time great because their FG% is 2 percent higher than some other guys, they're in the conversation because they win, they lead, they score by the bucketload, because there are more nights than not when they're unstoppable.. Thats why they're great, because they are the movers and shakers of the league not because they were efficient...

Kobe haters need to get over the FACT he'll go down as a top 5 all time and all your posts and all your whining and all your rape jokes and all the other childlike attempts degrade his place in NBA history won't change a thing...

I read these posts from Lebron fans and I've come to realize they don't know or understand what makes Kobe great, because they don't know what makes Lebron great, they think it's because he puts up pretty numbers and that's not even close to being the reason Lebron will be considered one of the all time greats when his story is told

There is a reason, despite the impressive resume, no one (outside of the 13 yr old kids here) talks about him the way people talk about LeBron. He is still in the league and already irrelevant. He was a great player with a long, illustrious resume but those of us who are intimately involved with the game laugh at your notion that he impacts the game to the degree that other greats do.

JellyBean
06-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Here is one Kobe fan that is not bitter about FG% and efficiency. I understand the context of those numbers and flow of the game.

CJ Mustard
06-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I just don't understand how there are people who believe Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron when Lebron averages more PPG on higher efficiency for his career. Where is Kobe's argument?

dubeta
06-23-2014, 03:09 PM

No.

11/12
13/14.

LMAO every kobe stan just got ethered, no one has a response to this :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is factual proof that kobe should never be considered one of the greatest scorers ever

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 03:14 PM
I just don't understand how there are people who believe Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron when Lebron averages more PPG on higher efficiency for his career. Where is Kobe's argument?

Have you seen the Eastern Conference powers he has faced compared to Kobe's? Tell me when LeBron had to go through Pippen Blazers, Webbers Kings, and Duncan and Robinson Spurs, just to get to the NBA finals and be able to sweep all of them on 31/7/6/51% FG:biggums:

dubeta
06-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Have you seen the Eastern Conference powers he has faced compared to Kobe's? Tell me when LeBron had to go through Pippen Blazers, Webbers Kings, and Duncan and Robinson Spurs, just to get to the NBA finals and be able to sweep all of them on 31/7/6/51% FG:biggums:

Pippen was old, Kings werent great defensively, and Duncan and Robinson were defending Shaq not Kobe.

Carrying an injured Wade, without Bosh for nearly 2 series to the finals in 2012 is much more impressive

JT123
06-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Pippen was old, Kings werent great defensively, and Duncan and Robinson were defending Shaq not Kobe.

Carrying an injured Wade, without Bosh for nearly 2 series to the finals in 2012 is much more impressive
Ether :lol