PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Feel Carmelo Anthony Will Go?

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 09:10 PM
So we all know Carmelo Anthony has opted out. He's officially a free agent. If you don't know by now here's the link: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11119636/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-opt-contract

Now in my opinion he has 5 options. Either he stays in New York, or goes to Chicago, Houston, Dallas or the Miami Heat.

1st Option: New York Knicks. Now many fans and experts are saying that Carmelo Anthony will just leave New York. If he wanted to stay then he would've obviously opted in but he didn't do that. Him staying with the Knicks definitely looks unlikely. As I look at it right now, the situation in New York doesn't look good. You have Amar'e who is literally on his last legs and Tyson Chandler, a guy who is not as good as he used to be. These guys are surrounded by players who can not help them get into the playoffs. Also they have a new coach, Derek Fisher. Who know's how he'll be... Yeah they have Phil Jackson and all but he won't single handedly change the way Knicks play. All I'm saying is that if Carmelo wants to win a championship within the next 5 years, New York is not the choice.

2nd Option: Chicago Bulls. Personally, I feel this is the best place for Carmelo to go to. If they do get Carmelo, you already know Carlos Boozer will be gone. Now you have a starting lineup of Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah. That's a very petrifying line-up. You have a team that can play on both sides. Offense can come from Rose and Carmelo. Defense comes from Butler, Gibson and Noah. Scary stuff right there. Add all that up with one of the best coaches in the league and you have a team competing for the championship.

3rd Option: Houston Rockets. Im 50-50 on this. If he joins Houston, then he'll be with 2 other stars. Which is good... but you also gotta realize if he joins, he has to play with a guard that likes to play as the primary ball-handler in James Harden. Carmelo likes to hold the ball just as much as Harden does so the question is will there be problems or will one of them change their game a little so the team doesn't have any issues. IF Harden or Carmelo accept the fact that they're going to have to share the ball with each other more than this can be a good team.

4th Option: Dallas Mavericks. This can be a good team if he decides to join them. The Mavs have a good all-around team with vets that know how to play. Also they have one of the best coaches in the league right now. Only problem is, they won't have as many years to win a championship as the other teams. Dirk Nowitzki only has about 2-3 good years left, but that doesn't mean Melo won't be able to win it all there. He would still have the oppurtunity but it'll be difficult considering that he'll be going to the Western Conference. Same thing with the Rockets.

5th Option: Miami Heat. I don't think he'll be joining the Miami Heat. LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Melo would have to take a big pay cut if they want to join forces. If that actually happens then I don't know what you'll see. You might see the most dominant team ever or a team that doesn't get along and just become a huge mess like the 2012 Lakers.

So in your opinion, where will Carmelo go?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqvxPsnCYAAIOi3.jpg

Trentknicks
06-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Hopefully to Mavs, Bulls or Rockets and a S&T occurs for some nice young talent and picks.

Spaulding
Celtics with Rondo and Love mmmm?

niko
Honestly, NY. I don't see him making the financial sacrifice for Chicago or Miami, and i don't see him going to the West. Just a hunch, and not a confident one.

The X factor in this is Phil Jackson. He might not have Melo in his rebuilding plans. Which if that's the case opens up all kinds of S&T and all kinds of options.

coin24
06-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Lakers or mavs..

outbreak
06-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Bulls would be good to watch. Especially if they picked up afflalo. Their line up and system would help make up for melos poor defence.

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Bulls would be good to watch. Especially if they picked up afflalo. Their line up and system would help make up for melos poor defence.
Chicago with Afflalo and Melo would the team real good. That's a scary team right there

bagelred
06-22-2014, 09:19 PM
I think its down to 2 teams. Chicago or New York...and I think it will be Chicago.

I just can't see Harden and Melo coexisting. Two primary ballhandlers who both struggle defensively...makes no sense. Dallas doesn't have enough talent and Heat is a pipe dream, as Riley said....

As for other options, Lakers don't want him, Clippers have no cap space, Nets have no cap space...Portland is too small market, Suns too small and too risky....and that's about it.....

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Honestly, NY. I don't see him making the financial sacrifice for Chicago or Miami, and i don't see him going to the West. Just a hunch, and not a confident one.

The X factor in this is Phil Jackson. He might not have Melo in his rebuilding plans. Which if that's the case opens up all kinds of S&T and all kinds of options.
If he really wants to win a championship within the next couple of years then he has to choose Chicago, Dallas or Houston.

Hey but then again you can't count out what Phil Jackson will do if Melo stays. Who's knows... maybe he'll do something big to make the team competitors again

smoovegittar
06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I think he stays in NYC. If he could win 1 stinking title in the next 3-4 years, he'd be a god there. If Rose somehow stays on the court and the Bulls actually spend the money (which I have a difficult time believing in), Chi-town would be the best scenario for him. I can't sit here and consider anywhere else logically.

I'm sure he's LOVING the attention right now.

I'll be glad when we move on from this shit. Bring on the draft.

bagelred
06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
If he really wants to win a championship within the next couple of years then he has to choose Chicago, Dallas or Houston.

I honestly think the Knicks roster as constructed is much better than given credit for. Woodson was just a horrible head coach.

But even so, you do realize Knicks will have mega cap space 12 months from now, right?

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Despite Rose and his big mouth, if true, I suspect Carmelo will end up in Chicago.

atljonesbro
06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Him on Chicago will be no different than NY. Anywhere else.

ABG
06-22-2014, 09:28 PM
he's staying in new york.

COnDEMnED
06-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Him on Chicago will be no different than NY. Anywhere else.
Well, if I'm being honest, anywhere he goes that doesn't have him ending up with Lebron will be no different than NY. Lakers, Bulls, Rockets included.

smoovegittar
06-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I honestly think the Knicks roster as constructed is much better than given credit for. Woodson was just a horrible head coach.

But even so, you do realize Knicks will have mega cap space 12 months from now, right?
What I'm saying...

LoneyROY7
06-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Melo's bringing sexy back to Chicago.

NugzFan
06-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Probably Denver.

I won't love it but I won't hate it either.

Welcome back.

NumberSix
06-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't know why people think there is even a chance of him going to Chicago.

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Chicago is the perfect place for him

NumberSix
06-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Chicago is the perfect place for him
Why? Because you've heard other people say that with no real reason?

I'd seriously see him going to Boston before Chicago. It's not happening.

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Why? Because you've heard other people say that with no real reason?

I'd seriously see him going to Boston before Chicago. It's not happening.
This is a team that has cap room. Maybe not max cap room but enough to attract Carmelo Anthony to come to a team that already has an elite point guard in Derrick Rose (assuming he comes back strong which I think he will), a very good big man in Joakim Noah and one of the best coaches in the league. He's exactly what the Bulls needed all season long which was offense. This team would be great on both ends of the floor. Noah and Butler are elite defenders, Melo and a healthy Rose are elite scorers. The Bulls are also looking to get Arron Afflalo. If he and Melo become members of the Bulls then they'll be a really scary team.

All in all, the Bulls are the best scenario because he won't have to take big pay cut and they will be able to contend for a championship instantly.

Byobob
06-22-2014, 11:23 PM
I honestly think Knicks is still the best place for him. Sucks to be a NY fan right now though.

To4
06-22-2014, 11:29 PM
How much will Melo make if he will sign with the Bulls? Knicks? Mavs?

Smook A.
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
How much will Melo make if he will sign with the Bulls? Knicks? Mavs?
The maximum they can offer him is a 4 year/96 million dollar contract.

[QUOTE]The Knicks can offer Anthony the longest contract and most money

D-Rose
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
I really think he's going to end up on the Bulls. Gut feeling. But, insiders like Stein are saying Chicago is in the lead.

Dengness9
06-22-2014, 11:41 PM

After 20000 posts I'd figure you'd be in the loop a bit more.

Now you know Chicago is a possibility. Welcome to the internets.

To4
06-23-2014, 12:37 AM
The maximum they can offer him is a 4 year/96 million dollar contract.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/knicks/2014/06/22/carmelo-anthony-free-agent-contract-new-york/11242817/

Appreciate it. :cheers:

God...:eek: that's a lot of MULA! well it really depends on Melo if he wants the money or winning a chip.. Hope he goes to Bulls thou.. Just afraid if Thibs will run melo to the ground playing 40+ mins per game.

Rameek
06-23-2014, 01:38 AM
Everyone is hoping Melo takes less money to go somewhere....:roll:

Unless there are other players taking cuts he aint doing it. Makes no sense for him to be the best player on any team and have someone else make more.

I dont think the Knicks will S&T him to the East though. Maybe out West somewhere or he can just take the money the new team gives him.