PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Regular Season: Charles Barkley 37 pts/21 Rbs Vs Michael Jordan 31 pts

Round Mound
06-23-2014, 02:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6IPsV9-KNw

Publicado el 22/06/2014

Charles Barkley (37 Points, 21 Rebounds) Vs Michael Jordan (31 Points)
Game Played On January 26, 1990

:bowdown: :bowdown:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Publicado el 22/06/2014

Another great game by Barkley versus another superstar in Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LoELfNFZaQ

Round Mound
06-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Another great game by Barkley versus another superstar in Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LoELfNFZaQ

Yup :applause: I Had That Game, Already Made a Resume On That Game.

Check This Game Out Though, Sir Charles At His Best :rockon: :cheers:

Round Mound
06-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Most Skilled PF By A Large Margin!

Kvnzhangyay
06-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Back when he was playing, it amazed me, and still does that a 6 foot 6 guy could be so dominate in the post and bully bigger defenders

Round Mound
06-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Back when he was playing, it amazed me, and still does that a 6 foot 6 guy could be so dominate in the post and bully bigger defenders

[B]Very True! But The Dude Was Just Barely Under 6

Round Mound
06-24-2014, 12:47 AM
The Best PF and SG I Ever Saw...:cheers:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Most Skilled PF By A Large Margin!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: u cant be the most skilled when youre one of the worst defenders ever. KG and Tim were far more skilled, Chuck just had natural talent and physicality over them

AintNoSunshine
06-24-2014, 01:54 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: u cant be the most skilled when youre one of the worst defenders ever. KG and Tim were far more skilled, Chuck just had natural talent and physicality over them

Uh-oh.. Long essay coming...

Round Mound
06-24-2014, 01:56 AM

- Where They Better Post Players? no (Barkley 21-22 PPG on 55-58% 2-Point FG---Right There With Shaq,Wilt and Jabbar)
- Where They Better At Attacking the Rim Off The Dribble or Spin Move? :no:
- Where They Better Rebounders? no
- Where They Better Ballhandlers? no
- Where They Better Passers? no
- Where They Better Scorers? no
- Where They Better Mid Range or FT Shooters? no
- Where They Beter Finishers? no
- Where They Better In The Open Court? no
- Where They Better At Creating Ilegal Defenses? no
- Where They Better Zone Busters? no
- Where They Doubled or Had More Defensive Rotations Per Game Than Chuck? no

:no:

Dragonyeuw
06-24-2014, 04:37 AM

Magic was a mediocre defender, not one of the most skilled based on the above?

Barkley was easily the most talented PF in terms of the variety of offensive skills he brought to that position. His height * or relative lack of* makes it all the more astounding.

sportjames23
06-24-2014, 06:48 AM

You like to continually show your ignorance at ISH, don't you?

NZStreetBaller
06-24-2014, 06:57 AM
- WERE They Better Post Players? no (Barkley 21-22 PPG on 55-58% 2-Point FG---Right There With Shaq,Wilt and Jabbar)
- WERE They Better At Attacking the Rim Off The Dribble or Spin Move? :no:
- WERE They Better Rebounders? no
- WERE They Better Ballhandlers? no
- WERE They Better Passers? no
- WERE They Better Scorers? no
- WERE They Better Mid Range or FT Shooters? no
- WERE They Beter Finishers? no
- WERE They Better In The Open Court? no
- WERE They Better At Creating Ilegal Defenses? no
- WERE They Better Zone Busters? no
- WERE They Doubled or Had More Defensive Rotations Per Game Than Chuck? no

Fixed :facepalm

NZStreetBaller
06-24-2014, 07:00 AM
how come he only 82 games in a season once?? 84 - 85 season

Shep
06-24-2014, 09:07 AM
how come he only 82 games in a season once?? 84 - 85 season
Poor work ethic.

PejaTheSerbSnip
06-24-2014, 07:41 PM
- Where They Better Post Players? no (Barkley 21-22 PPG on 55-58% 2-Point FG---Right There With Shaq,Wilt and Jabbar)
- Where They Better At Attacking the Rim Off The Dribble or Spin Move? :no:
- Where They Better Rebounders? no
- Where They Better Ballhandlers? no
- Where They Better Passers? no
- Where They Better Scorers? no
- Where They Better Mid Range or FT Shooters? no
- Where They Beter Finishers? no
- Where They Better In The Open Court? no
- Where They Better At Creating Ilegal Defenses? no
- Where They Better Zone Busters? no
- Where They Doubled or Had More Defensive Rotations Per Game Than Chuck? no

Those aren't all true. Garnett was a better free throw shooter by a big margin and had a killer mid-range game (45.2% from 10-15 ft in his career, 46.1% from 16-23, elite numbers), and both were superior defensively by a huge margin.

DarkSephiroth
06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Honestly, the old school hate from all these new age "Basketball Fans" is mind boggling. Peak level Barkley played at possibly a higher level than anyone currently in the NBA. (Yes, probably as good as Lebron...but with less help and in a tougher era)

The guy was about 6'6, with a freakish 7'0+ wingspan, insane strength, and ridiculous jumping ability. If you think Lebron is a beast when he goes to the rim, Barkley on the inside was way more vicious. Not to mention Barkley's excellent footwork and all-around skills to complement his already dominant inside game... it almost wouldn't be fair if he played today in the quick trigger referee era.

Everyone always mentions his height as an obstacle, in fact I actually consider it a strength for him. As everyone knows, actual physical height is completely irrelevant in basketball. The only thing that matters is how high you can reach, because you're reaching for the ball with your arms. So due to Barkley's short height it enabled him far quicker movement since he was lower to the ground, while still being able to reach as high or higher than a 7-footer when you also factor in his jumping ability. The quickness he had enabled him to get to better positions faster, his strength enabled him to keep that position, then his freakish wingspan and jumping ability would surprise everyone around when he grabbed every rebound in his area! His "area" around the rim extended far greater than most would assume due to all those attributes, so that made it even MORE difficult to compete with him because of his physical irregularities. After all, a basketball player is reacting constantly to where he expects his opponents to be. A player like Barkley would always exceed those expectations.

It's really unfortunate that the list of "all-time rankings" isn't really going to include guys who played in situations where championships eluded them. I absolutely love Tim Duncan and consider him the greatest PF of all time career-wise, but I really can't say he'd beat Barkley Head to Head. I feel like Barkley would be running circles around him and beasting him for loose balls all over the place. Duncan could hold his own with anyone and still be strong solid throughout the game, but I think Barkley would get the better of him Prime for Prime, just like he usually punked Karl Malone when they faced off.

If Barkley played in today's era and stacked his team like Lebron, we might have been looking at all-time rankings with Barkley right in the middle of the fold. Oh, and I have nothing personally against Lebron, I was just using him as an example since he's arguably the best player in the league currently. If Barkley had different situations around him, his career could have turned out a lot better. It's not often understood by laypersons how much a career can be shaped by a situation not even related to basketball. I know so many people firsthand who were in good / bad situations, where two players of similar skill ended up with completely differing levels of success at the professional level. (I played college basketball and many of my close friends currently and previously played professionally all over the world.) I feel like Barkley, along with Stockton & Malone, were some of those guys. Barkley just gets a lot less appreciation than the rest, for some unfortunate reason. Peak level, the guy has to be in the top 5-10 all time.

Round Mound
06-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Honestly, the old school hate from all these new age "Basketball Fans" is mind boggling. Peak level Barkley played at possibly a higher level than anyone currently in the NBA. (Yes, probably as good as Lebron...but with less help and in a tougher era)

The guy was about 6'6, with a freakish 7'0+ wingspan, insane strength, and ridiculous jumping ability. If you think Lebron is a beast when he goes to the rim, Barkley on the inside was way more vicious. Not to mention Barkley's excellent footwork and all-around skills to complement his already dominant inside game... it almost wouldn't be fair if he played today in the quick trigger referee era.

Everyone always mentions his height as an obstacle, in fact I actually consider it a strength for him. As everyone knows, actual physical height is completely irrelevant in basketball. The only thing that matters is how high you can reach, because you're reaching for the ball with your arms. So due to Barkley's short height it enabled him far quicker movement since he was lower to the ground, while still being able to reach as high or higher than a 7-footer when you also factor in his jumping ability. The quickness he had enabled him to get to better positions faster, his strength enabled him to keep that position, then his freakish wingspan and jumping ability would surprise everyone around when he grabbed every rebound in his area! His "area" around the rim extended far greater than most would assume due to all those attributes, so that made it even MORE difficult to compete with him because of his physical irregularities. After all, a basketball player is reacting constantly to where he expects his opponents to be. A player like Barkley would always exceed those expectations.

It's really unfortunate that the list of "all-time rankings" isn't really going to include guys who played in situations where championships eluded them. I absolutely love Tim Duncan and consider him the greatest PF of all time career-wise, but I really can't say he'd beat Barkley Head to Head. I feel like Barkley would be running circles around him and beasting him for lose balls all over the place. Duncan could hold his own with anyone and still be strong solid throughout the game, but I think Barkley would get the better of him Prime for Prime, just like he usually punked Karl Malone when they faced off.

If Barkley played in today's era and stacked his team like Lebron, we might have been looking at all-time rankings with Barkley right in the middle of the fold. Oh, and I have nothing personally against Lebron, I was just using him as an example since he's arguably the best player in the league currently. If Barkley had different situations around him, his career could have turned out a lot better. It's not often understood by laypersons how much a career can be shaped by a situation not even related to basketball. I know so many people firsthand who were in good / bad situations, where two players of similar skill ended up with completely differing levels of success at the professional level. (I played college basketball and many of my close friends currently and previously played professionally all over the world.) I feel like Barkley, along with Stockton & Malone, were some of those guys. Barkley just gets a lot less appreciation than the rest, for some unfortunate reason. Peak level, the guy has to be in the top 5-10 all time.

:applause: [B]Barefoot he was 6

Round Mound
06-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Poor work ethic.

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Team-Greatest-Conquered-Basketball/dp/0345520483/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342715395&sr=8-1&keywords=dream+team

Who's the best?

"Hey Charles, who's the best two-guard in the world?" and Barkley would answer, "That would be Michael Jordan." Then Barkley would ask, "And who's the best power forward in the world?" and Jordan would answer, "That would be Charles Wade Barkley." It was their own little poke at Drexler and Malone.

Lasting Impressions

Karl Malone was a great player, but he could not play without John Stockton. John was his left hand to Karl's right. That's how important he was. That's how important some teammates can be to others. -- Jordan

Shep
06-25-2014, 08:39 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Team-Greatest-Conquered-Basketball/dp/0345520483/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342715395&sr=8-1&keywords=dream+team

Who's the best?

"Hey Charles, who's the best two-guard in the world?" and Barkley would answer, "That would be Michael Jordan." Then Barkley would ask, "And who's the best power forward in the world?" and Jordan would answer, "That would be Charles Wade Barkley." It was their own little poke at Drexler and Malone.

Lasting Impressions

Karl Malone was a great player, but he could not play without John Stockton. John was his left hand to Karl's right. That's how important he was. That's how important some teammates can be to others. -- Jordan
Jordan thought Kwame Brown was the best player in the draft. Barkley thought..well listen to Barkley talk any time and you will get the point.

Malone was better than Barkley in the following years:

Barkley did not even deserve to be selected to the 1992 Dream Team.

bagelred
06-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Charles Barkley played basketball? :wtf: I thought he was just a TNT commentator. :confusedshrug:

dunksby
06-25-2014, 11:00 AM

Publicado el 22/06/2014

Barkley outscoring Jordan big time in the game MJ became Bulls all-time scoring leader :bowdown: