PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jabari Parker Prefers Bucks, Might Have 'Tanked' Cavs Workout

Milbuck
06-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Per Chad Ford and CBS Sports

Jabari Parker had a poor showing at his workout with the Cleveland Cavaliers last Friday, and would rather go to the Milwaukee Bucks with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft, according to ESPN's Chad Ford:

Parker came in to work out on Friday in front of the Cavs' front office and ownership. Parker wasn't great. He was a bit heavy (he weighed in at 255 pounds), didn't shoot the ball well and got winded at times. Furthermore, two different sources told ESPN.com that Parker seemed a bit indifferent. One source said he thought Parker "tanked" the workout.

Why? A source says he strongly prefers to play in Milwaukee. The Cavs appear to be aware of this. "Jabari wasn't himself," one source said. "It was clear we weren't his first option."

The forward out of Duke still could end up in Cleveland. Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reported that the Cavs are "leaning toward" Parker because he's more NBA-ready than Andrew Wiggins. ESPN reported that his visit created doubt, "especially among ownership," but that he's still the most likely selection.

Parker is from Chicago, and it makes some sense that he'd want to be closer to home. If that's the case, though, then shouldn't Cleveland consider Wiggins strongly? He "was emphatic" that he wanted to be taken No. 1 when he met with the Cavs last Wednesday, according to ESPN, and he is widely considered to have a higher upside. As for him being less NBA-ready than Parker, that is only true at one end of the floor. Cleveland's been disastrous on defense, and Wiggins can help with that right away. Everyone is expecting the Cavs to take Parker, but this is an organization that tends to surprise on draft night.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24595174/report-jabari-parker-prefers-bucks-might-have-tanked-cavs-workout

This is pretty interesting considering that Cleveland clearly has the better support for him going forward. Giannis is going to be a stud, Knight is going to be a good player, but aside from that there's still a lot of work to be done in Milwaukee - our coach sucks, Sanders has one foot out the door, Henson in all likelihood will be a solid big man at best. We have another year of sucking and playing the lottery until we assemble a complete young core. Whereas Cleveland has a great PG, a good SG, a good PF, good role players around them, and a great new coach coming in. I guess he might like the Bucks more because Kyrie's a bit ball-dominant and Jabari himself might not be the priority, whereas if he went to Milwaukee he'd be given the team from the start.

My biggest problem with the report is that Jabari was 255 pounds..that is just absurd, considering that he just had a workout recently where he looked pretty quick, and surprisingly athletic for his 'unathletic' reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDl9JF5hvU

That was exactly one month ago in Santa Monica for a draft workout...now he's 255 pounds and getting winded in workouts just a month later? We can attribute that to him not wanting to play for Cleveland, but that's still not enough to justify it.

What do you think? Is he tanking to avoid going to Cleveland, or is he actually as chunky and unathletic as people say he is?

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Cleveland or Milwaukee....

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121230215919/theamazingworldofgumball/images/a/a4/Smiling_kid_shoots_himself_in_the_head.gif

russwest0
06-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Why would he prefer Miluwakee that much over Cleveland?

Not that Cleveland is better but in Miluwakee their best young player is a small forward and in Cleveland their biggest hole is arguably at small forward.

Dr Seuss
06-23-2014, 02:43 PM
haha i dont know man. i dont think you put on 30 lbs just to avoid being drafted by a team. but then again, maybe hes hoping CLE sees this weight gain as a anthony bennet JR and hopes theyll pass up on him.

navy
06-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Jabari will be the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland? Not so much.

Im so nba'd out
06-23-2014, 02:45 PM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121230215919/theamazingworldofgumball/images/a/a4/Smiling_kid_shoots_himself_in_the_head.gif
:lol its sad people will post 100 lol's to a bad joke but jokes like this will only get 1 lol..........Well just know that i found it funny :applause:

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I mean it's not like he ate a bunch of ice cream right before the workout, he may have tanked it but his being fat has nothing to do with the Cavs.

Wanting the Bucks over the Cavs is interesting, the Cavs with Parker would be a playoff team next year, while the Bucks have a couple of years left on the rebuild. Milwaukee is close to Chicago though, and maybe he'd rather have Milwaukee build their team around him rather than be Iriving's sidekick in Cleveland.

tomtucker
06-23-2014, 02:48 PM
bucks are worse then cavs.........cavs went to the finals man

Smook A.
06-23-2014, 02:48 PM
He was a bit heavy (he weighed in at 255 pounds), didn't shoot the ball well and got winded at times.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c4/e4/07/c4e4078720deb782bbb80ce3744be94d.jpg

What the hell has he been doing these last couple of weeks?

BigTicket
06-23-2014, 02:49 PM
If he really came in out of shape, the Cavs should pick Wiggins. No excuse for being out of shape a week before the draft.

Milbuck
06-23-2014, 02:50 PM

Not that Cleveland is better but in Miluwakee their best young player is a small forward and in Cleveland their biggest hole is arguably at small forward.
I think it's him being the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland would have a ball-dominant, scoring PG. Jabari would without a doubt be below Kyrie from the start, whereas in Milwaukee they'd essentially give him the team, to develop alongside another good young prospect who's his exact age. He'd be the #1, the go-to guy. Also, Giannis plays small forward but his role in the future will be point-forward. Our coach is a flat out retard and mostly pushed him to the corners to spot up, but when he got his head out of his ass and allowed Giannis to handle the ball and run the offense, he showed a lot of PG instincts and vision. I think it'll be a situation where Giannis will play the 3 and run the offense, and Jabari will play the 4 similar to Melo in recent years. Jabari's got the size to do it, 6'9" at around 240 playing weight.

Cleveland and Milwaukee both suck, but I don't blame him for wanting to be the clear-cut #1 over the clear-cut sidekick.

russwest0
06-23-2014, 02:51 PM
I thought the Duke connection between Jabari and Kyrie would interest Jabari but I guess not.

Maybe Kyrie has the rep of being a shitty teammate or something.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I think it's him being the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland would have a ball-dominant, scoring PG. Jabari would without a doubt be below Kyrie from the start, whereas in Milwaukee they'd essentially give him the team, to develop alongside another good young prospect who's his exact age. He'd be the #1, the go-to guy. Also, Giannis plays small forward but his role in the future will be point-forward. Our coach is a flat out retard and mostly pushed him to the corners to spot up, but when he got his head out of his ass and allowed Giannis to handle the ball and run the offense, he showed a lot of PG instincts and vision. I think it'll be a situation where Giannis will play the 3 and run the offense, and Jabari will play the 4 similar to Melo in recent years. Jabari's got the size to do it, 6'9" at around 240 playing weight.

Cleveland and Milwaukee both suck, but I don't blame him for wanting to be the clear-cut #1 over the clear-cut sidekick.

Honestly, if he's the type of player who's gonna bitch about being the "man" or his role on the team then I wouldn't want him over Wiggins anyways.

nathanjizzle
06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
closer to chicago. gets to be the man in Milwaukee. doesnt risk having to play with lebron.

Legends66NBA7
06-23-2014, 02:55 PM
I thought the Duke connection between Jabari and Kyrie would interest Jabari but I guess not.

Seems like they both have that reputation.

Smook A.

Yup. Remember the Kyrie and Dion Waiters thing?

Rocketswin2013
Mayo-Parker SG-SF will be the fattest wing duo in the league by far.

Rubio2Gasol
06-23-2014, 02:56 PM

It's near Chicago.

I disagree Milbuck, Bucks have a better potential team, particularly for a scorer like him. On Cleveland he has to deal with Kyrie, who is himself a scoring pointguard.

Miluakee is basically Mayo, Illyasova and Knight, and a bunch of other guys with the athleticism to cover his defensive frailties.

AlphaWolf24
06-23-2014, 02:57 PM
damn...255lbs....

meh...worked for Boris Diaw

Meticode
06-23-2014, 02:58 PM
The only reason I can think of is Chicago is considerably closer to Milwaukee than it is Cleveland.

navy
06-23-2014, 02:59 PM

I never understood this logic. Star basketball players dont care about their colleges. Why would they? They spent a forced year there and left.

Meticode
06-23-2014, 03:00 PM
In any case I like this news. If Wiggins had a great workout and Parker didn't, I want them to take Wiggins, but we'll see how this goes. Just 3 days until this shit goes down and we see what the hell the Cavs do this year out of left field. :oldlol: The Embiid injury totally made the draft unpredictable at this point.

AnaheimLakers24
06-23-2014, 03:02 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/c4/e4/07/c4e4078720deb782bbb80ce3744be94d.jpg

What the hell has he been doing these last couple of weeks?
trying to get drafted by a real team like la or bos

Smook A.
06-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Mayo-Parker SG-SF will be the fattest wing duo in the league by far.
OJ really let himself go. He looked promising in his rookie year, now he looks like a total scrub.

http://imageshack.us/a/img684/6607/mayov.jpghttp://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/oj-mayo-punch.png

ottooooooo
06-23-2014, 03:03 PM
parker the fatass

Meticode
06-23-2014, 03:03 PM
trying to get drafted by a real team like la or bos
Ahhh, so just trying to be a bitch. Okay.

russwest0
06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Honestly, if he's the type of player who's gonna bitch about being the "man" or his role on the team then I wouldn't want him over Wiggins anyways.

Agreed to an extent but it also goes along with the type of player you want leading your franchise, an alpha who isn't going to take the backseat to anyone.

That being said, tanking a workout and being overweight gives me far more concerns than him not wanting to go to Cleveland does.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Agreed to an extent but it also goes along with the type of player you want leading your franchise, an alpha who isn't going to take the backseat to anyone.

That being said, tanking a workout and being overweight gives me far more concerns than him not wanting to go to Cleveland does.

Exactly. If he truly was ultra competitive he wouldn't be fat and tanking workouts.

unbreakable
06-23-2014, 03:25 PM
if youre a lottery pick, the LAST thing you wanna do is play with a selfish diva like Kyrie who doesnt look out for his teammates

Goodluck Jabari.. I hope your tank works.. you deserve better than Kyrie

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 03:28 PM
lol at people thinking Kyrie is the reason.

Why would it even matter to Jabari? I doubt they've even spent more than 5 minutes together

unbreakable
06-23-2014, 03:31 PM
lol at people thinking Kyrie is the reason.

Why would it even matter to Jabari? I doubt they've even spent more than 5 minutes together

kyrie is universally known as the most selfish pg in the league... if youre a great scorer like jabari, the last thing you want is to team with kyrie who dominates the ball and gets jealous of your shine.

remember kyrie fought dion waiters because dion was getting too good.

navy
06-23-2014, 03:35 PM
kyrie is universally known as the most selfish pg in the league... if youre a great scorer like jabari, the last thing you want is to team with kyrie who dominates the ball and gets jealous of your shine.

remember kyrie fought dion waiters because dion was getting too good.
Sources?

rhowen4
06-23-2014, 03:36 PM
i could see it, well documented locker room issues in cleveland

NattyPButter
06-23-2014, 03:36 PM
These media ppl piss me off with their assumptions and try to pass it off as a source. Parker most likley didn't say crap like that. Dude is happy just to be in the NBA. I bet its the Bucks that are putting this shit out just like the 76ers putting thT crap out about Wiggins wanting to play for them. All these guys don't care and just want to be in the NBA.

unbreakable
06-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Sources?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/28/report-dion-waiters-accused-kyrie-irving-tristan-thompson-of-playing-buddy-ball/

also dion gave kyrie a black eye
http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/19/dion-waiters-said-he-didnt-give-kyrie-irving-a-black-eye-and-break-his-nose-in-a-fight/

good for dion .. fukk kyrie :applause: :applause:

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 03:40 PM
also dion gave kyrie a black eye
http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/19/dion-waiters-said-he-didnt-give-kyrie-irving-a-black-eye-and-break-his-nose-in-a-fight/

good for dion .. fukk kyrie :applause: :applause:
Name of the article is "Dion Waiters Said He Didn't Give Kyrie Irving a Black Eye and Break His Nose in a Fight"

i dont even know why you consider this a source :roll:

Levity
06-23-2014, 03:40 PM
These media ppl piss me off with their assumptions and try to pass it off as a source. Parker most likley didn't say crap like that. Dude is happy just to be in the NBA. I bet its the Bucks that are putting this shit out just like the 76ers putting thT crap out about Wiggins wanting to play for them. All these guys don't care and just want to be in the NBA.

most likely. but you do have to admit putting on 30 lbs is pretty damn perplexing/ discouraging. even more so for the cavs because of how bennett came into the season (regardless of shoulder surgery)

chocolatethunder
06-23-2014, 03:49 PM
I mean it's not like he ate a bunch of ice cream right before the workout, he may have tanked it but his being fat has nothing to do with the Cavs.

Wanting the Bucks over the Cavs is interesting, the Cavs with Parker would be a playoff team next year, while the Bucks have a couple of years left on the rebuild. Milwaukee is close to Chicago though, and maybe he'd rather have Milwaukee build their team around him rather than be Iriving's sidekick in Cleveland.
The bucks made the playoff two years ago. In the shitty east they could make the playoffs with parker.

Pra
06-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Parker would be 1.5 hours away from his home town of Chicago as opposed to Cleveland........

http://www.ultraimg.com/images/DHxCZ.gif

navy
06-23-2014, 04:03 PM
I highly doubt this is about distance to home.

NattyPButter
06-23-2014, 04:04 PM
most likely. but you do have to admit putting on 30 lbs is pretty damn perplexing/ discouraging. even more so for the cavs because of how bennett came into the season (regardless of shoulder surgery)

The thing is he didnt put on 30lbs. He would have health problems putting on weight that quick. He probably weighed close to 255lbs during the college season. He didnt go to the draft combine to get his true measurements. A lot of these stories are just made up. That's what happens during last couple of weeks before draft day.

KyrieTheFuture
06-23-2014, 04:10 PM
I don't mind this at all it's blowing my god damn mind that Wiggins isn't the favorite right now. We don't need more god damn scorers we need defense. Also him not being an alpha is perfect, Wiggins doesn't need to be alpha and create rifts with Irving or Waiters.

All Net
06-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Because bucks are closer to home.

All Net
06-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Wiggins is more of a need anyway Imo

hawksdogsbraves
06-23-2014, 04:19 PM
The bucks made the playoff two years ago. In the shitty east they could make the playoffs with parker.

No way, not with this current roster/coach. With or without Parker they won't sniff the playoffs next season.

Smook A.
06-23-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't think Cavs will pick Jabari after they saw his workout.

Wiggins it is then.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Per Chad Ford and CBS Sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24595174/report-jabari-parker-prefers-bucks-might-have-tanked-cavs-workout

This is pretty interesting considering that Cleveland clearly has the better support for him going forward. Giannis is going to be a stud, Knight is going to be a good player, but aside from that there's still a lot of work to be done in Milwaukee - our coach sucks, Sanders has one foot out the door, Henson in all likelihood will be a solid big man at best. We have another year of sucking and playing the lottery until we assemble a complete young core. Whereas Cleveland has a great PG, a good SG, a good PF, good role players around them, and a great new coach coming in. I guess he might like the Bucks more because Kyrie's a bit ball-dominant and Jabari himself might not be the priority, whereas if he went to Milwaukee he'd be given the team from the start.

My biggest problem with the report is that Jabari was 255 pounds..that is just absurd, considering that he just had a workout recently where he looked pretty quick, and surprisingly athletic for his 'unathletic' reputation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDl9JF5hvU

That was exactly one month ago in Santa Monica for a draft workout...now he's 255 pounds and getting winded in workouts just a month later? We can attribute that to him not wanting to play for Cleveland, but that's still not enough to justify it.

What do you think? Is he tanking to avoid going to Cleveland, or is he actually as chunky and unathletic as people say he is?
If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.

Meticode
06-23-2014, 05:10 PM
If this report is true, I think it's a bit unprofessional of him. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for having a favorite landing spot, but I'd think it would be better just to be honest about it instead of potentially dogging it during the workout.

As you probably know, I'm leaning towards Wiggins anyway, so I think this may work out well for all parties involved. And, I worry about games getting in the way of one another with Kyrie, Parker and Dion, so if that's one of his reasons for preferring Milwaukee -- where he'd be the clear No. 1 scoring option right out of the gates -- then I may actually agree with him.

I like the Wiggins fit in Cleveland and I like the Parker fit in Milwaukee. I will say that I'm concerned about the 255 pound weigh-in for Parker. That's way too big for his build/frame at this stage. Hell, I thought his weight of 235 at Duke was too big. I wouldn't exactly call it a red flag, but it is concerning.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be a huge issue for him going forward and, if it's not, I like the core that you guys have in place. It makes sense on paper.
From watching him play at Duke I felt the 235 was a bit much as well. I felt he needed to lose about 10 pounds of body fat and get about 5 pounds of muscle realistically.

UK2K
06-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I dont believe it.

No way anyone WANTS to go to Milwaukee.

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Inb4 Jabari ends up on the sixers instead

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:19 PM

235 lbs was too big for a 6'9/6'10 guy?

255 lbs is definitely surprising though. How the hell does a college athlete gain 20 lbs in a couple months?

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM

255 lbs is definitely surprising though. How the hell does a college athlete gain 20 lbs in a couple months?
Yes. He looked like he could stand to lose some weight at Duke. I'm not basing that on the number itself, but by watching him play. The idea that he has added 20 pounds since then is a little scary.

R.I.P.
06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Next we

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes. He looked like he could stand to lose some weight at Duke. I'm not basing that on the number itself, but by watching him play. The idea that he has added 20 pounds since then is a little scary.
im guesing they lied about his weight at duke. He was probably 245+

outbreak
06-23-2014, 05:50 PM
guys saying that cleveland is better than milwaukee are missing the point that he's met with the staff of both teams and may have found he preffered one teams attitude and staff more than the other. Isn't just a choice between cities or where you think you will win, for a young kid a big part would be where he feels the most comfortable and at home. Not really his choice though and I doubt he actually tanked his work out.

AirFederer
06-23-2014, 06:00 PM

How is it possible given the upcoming draft?? I don't get it. I don't like this kid no more.

outbreak
06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
How is it possible given the upcoming draft?? I don't get it. I don't like this kid no more.

where did these weights come from though? I'm guessing one is from "sources" or possible one is an old weight from college?

Kblaze8855
06-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Its not that hard to gain or lose 20 pounds in a matter of months. Just cant do it with muscle. You can vary 4-5 pounds either way in a week. He might be 15 or so pounds up. And who knows how much is muscle?

He might plan to go to work in the post. If the team wants him slimmer im sure it can be done. Guys his size shed weight quickly.

TheTruth11
06-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Jabari wants to play in Milwaukee because his father (who lives in Chicago) has been having some health issues and can't travel very far. Milwaukee is but hop, skip and a jump from The C.H.I.

Also guys, Jabari recently measured out at 6'9" ... verified by multiple independent sources. 255 for a guy 6'9" is not bad. That said, he clearly tanked the Cleve workout on purpose and will quickly get down to his usual playing weight of 240/245.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2014, 07:47 PM
^^^In what world is intentionally "tanking workouts" a good thing? :oldlol:

It would be a totally unprofessional thing to do.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Parker's dad on Twitter:

Sonny Parker on an ESPN report that his son Jabari "tanked" his workout with Cavs: "He wasn't raised like that. He wouldn't do that."

More from Sonny Parker: "Jabari has a lot of morals, principles, values and integrity. He'll play for whoever drafts him."

Sonny Parker added, "If Jabari didn't want to play there (Cleveland), he wouldn't have gone there, trust me."

https://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel/status/481200238368018432

Like I said... this is not a good look.

Dictator
06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
"got winded at times" :lol

Milbuck
06-23-2014, 08:13 PM

Agreed on all points, especially about fit between both prospects and their respective teams.

The interesting thing to note, is that the sources still mentioned that Parker is the likely selection for Cleveland, and that despite what doubt this workout created within ownership he is still the guy they're leaning towards. This probably goes much deeper than that, but I wouldn't put Jabari out of the running for #1 just yet.

Is there video from the workouts?
Not as of yet, and I doubt there will be if there's any truth to these reports. All we have to go by right now is the footage I linked in the OP, of his draft workout in Santa Monica exactly a month ago. Relative to his reputation, he looked very quick, athletic, and explosive in that video, which is why the Bucks and Cavs (as a backup for Embiid) really liked him. And that's what makes this report so confusing...whether it was intentional or not, how the hell could a top 3 prospect allow himself to go from great shape to gaining 15-20 pounds and looking totally out of shape right before the draft? It's just absurd.

senelcoolidge
06-23-2014, 08:18 PM
I think Jabari will be the best pick for the Bucks at #2. Embiid with these injury issues has too many red flags. Wiggins will take time and he just doesn't have that fire..but should be a good player. Jabari is the most NBA ready and will be the man in Milwaukee..but the Buck have to continue building around him. They have Giannis, Henson, and Wolters that they can go forward with as a young core. Sanders is imploding and Knight is not reliable. This is a deep draft so with their 2nd round picks they can get some gems if they draft good.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-23-2014, 09:48 PM
:lol its sad people will post 100 lol's to a bad joke but jokes like this will only get 1 lol..........Well just know that i found it funny :applause:
:applause:

coin24
06-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Of course he'd rather play for the bucks..
Closer to home, less pressure to win etc, can be the man on the bucks..

Better for a rookie than the Cavs current situation..

no pun intended
06-23-2014, 10:01 PM
It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/06/20/nba-rooks-jabari-parker.nba/

dubeta
06-23-2014, 10:18 PM
holy fvck 255 pounds at the young age of 19?

Dudes gonna be 300 pounds in 5 years if he keeps this up, Glen Davis #2

Mr Exlax
06-23-2014, 10:44 PM

Holy shit this has me rolling! Well played sir.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2014, 11:24 PM
This is just getting out now? Jeez RCF knew this days ago, already talked it to death, and that is why Wiggins is considered the top pick.

Also interestimg that news sites seem to get their info from fan forums.

MC Gusto
06-24-2014, 01:13 AM
It was already obvious how much he didn't want to go to the Cavs. Just look at his and his friends' reactions at the end of this video.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2014/06/20/nba-rooks-jabari-parker.nba/
I need me a snack. :roll: :roll: :roll:

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Yup. And less #1 overall draft bust pressure.

Playing for the Cavs would give him ZERO #1 overall pick bust pressure.

All he has to do is be better than Bennett and he's golden! And that's not a particularly difficult feat.

veilside23
06-24-2014, 02:13 AM
Jabari will be the man in Milwaukee. Cleveland? Not so much.

this

bdreason
06-24-2014, 02:14 AM
You know it's bad when a player is tanking your workout so he can move to Milwaukee.

Milbuck
06-24-2014, 02:19 AM
You know it's bad when a player is tanking your workout so he can move to Milwaukee.
Milwaukee isn't that shitty...as a basketball market, yeah. But the city itself really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's sure as hell nicer than Cleveland.

Plus Giannis and Knight is a pretty good developing core to support Jabari.

GOBB
06-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Prior to this 255lb report. What did Parker weigh? Anyone know? I know he didnt get weighed at the combine. Just height/length measurements.

Kujo
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
The Cavs are scared to draft another Canadian #1. :lol

In all seriousness, if Parker doesn't want to go to the Cavs, I don't think you can pick'em. Either go with with Wiggins, or maybe trade picks with Phili.

I get Parker wanting to play close to home, but the Cavs have way more upside than the Bucks. :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
The Cavs are scared to draft another Canadian #1. :lol

In all seriousness, if Parker doesn't want to go to the Cavs, I don't think you can pick'em. Either go with with Wiggins, or maybe trade picks with Phili.

I get Parker wanting to play close to home, but the Cavs have way more upside than the Bucks. :confusedshrug:
How exactly? The guy we would pair with Jabari, Giannis, has a higher ceiling than just about everyone in the NBA under the age of 22 aside from Davis and maybe Drummond. He's currently the youngest player in the league, and it's been stated by multiple reports that he would've been the #1 pick in last year's draft if they re-did it this year. Knight would probably be our 4th option after next season's lottery trip, and he's putting up 18/4/5 as a 22 year old. Whereas Cleveland's current franchise player is already considering leaving and has been a part of trade rumors, and the #2 for that franchise player has been thrown around constantly in trade rumors as well.

Flash31
06-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Who WANTS to play in Cle?

Bosh,Wade,Carmelo didn't want to go to Cle even with LeBron there.
Boozer left as soon as he got an option to go.
Noah hates Cle.

4 num 1 picks,5 Top 5 picks the past 4 years and Cavs are still in lottery and
nobody wants to play there even with all those top picks,an owner that spends money,and option to be "The MAN".

Cleveland or Milwaukee---easy choice
The 0 expectations besides making an improvement in Mil or the pining hope of
You're our NEW savior and Not LeBron in Cleveland

They're both dsyfunctional teams but Mil has a more stable team
Kyrie"lax d,me first,selfish pg",Fighting amomgst teammates,Anthony Bennett,
or Larry Sanders,Mayo,A very inexperienced rookie core.

Management of Cle or Mil?
Mil coach or Cle coach?
City of Cle or Mil?

stalkerforlife
06-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Never thought i'd see the headline "Player prefers the Bucks."

Kukoc
06-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Fine with me.
I want Wiggins

oarabbus
06-24-2014, 03:53 PM

:lol :roll:

Take Your Lumps
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Jabari is such a terrible fit for the Cavs. So I wouldn't be surprised to see them pick him :oldlol:

If you're keeping the pick and you're not taking the chance on Embiid...you have to take Wiggins. They need his defense at the very least.

BasedTom
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't blame him. Wisconsin is a decent state with a respectable history, culture, and tradition- and the Milwaukee Bucks (though in tough times right now) are a prime example of this.

The Cleveland Cavaliers in Ohio...not so much

J Shuttlesworth
07-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I bet he's glad he's on the Bucks and not contending for a ring w/ LeBron :applause:

Meticode
07-11-2014, 10:25 PM
I don't blame him. Wisconsin is a decent state with a respectable history, culture, and tradition- and the Milwaukee Bucks (though in tough times right now) are a prime example of this.

The Cleveland Cavaliers in Ohio...not so much
Ohio has been tough times like any other state. Although the best sports team in that whole state is the Cincinnati Reds (woot hometown).

roldy
07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
are we gonna act like this is not the reason he preferred the bucks?

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wes-edens-daughter-mallory-edens.jpg

J Shuttlesworth
07-11-2014, 10:42 PM
are we gonna act like this is not the reason he preferred the bucks?

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wes-edens-daughter-mallory-edens.jpg
Damn 4 posts in 2 and a half years :bowdown: You really meant this one