PDA

View Full Version : All Eyes on Houston to win

Black and White
06-23-2014, 05:27 PM
If Miami stay together, and Houston make the finals and win, that means Miami would have lost to all 3 Texas teams in the finals,

With Harden leading the cause I don't know how much faith I have in them, but if Melo signs there who knows??

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:28 PM
lol they aint winning shit unless Lebron signs there

Black and White
06-23-2014, 05:28 PM
lol they aint winning shit unless Lebron signs there

Never know if they get Melo and improve their bench.

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Never know if they get Melo and improve their bench.
is this a bait thread for houston haters?
Why are you even asking this?

Ur the same guy who was trashing Harden and saying they'll never win with him

SupermanOnSteroids
06-23-2014, 05:31 PM
head coach kevin mchale

Akrazotile
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Never know if they get Melo

They wont actually improve by adding Melo unless they ditch Harden and use his cap space for a better fit.

Lin, Melo, Dwight, Harden, Parsons = too little offensive consistency in the playoffs, too little IQ, and outside of Dwight too little defense.

Id swap Harden for Melo if Im the Rockets and use Harden's room for more complimentary depth. The "big 3" of harden melo dwight is far worse than Miamis big three and cant even compensate with superior depth. That team wont win shit.

navy
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Miami has also beat both those teams in the Finals...

Black and White
06-23-2014, 05:33 PM
is this a bait thread for houston haters?
Why are you even asking this?

Ur the same guy who was trashing Harden and saying they'll never win with him

Its more from the angle of all 3 Texas teams beating Miami, would be interesting if it happened, I don't like Harden at all and they won't win with him as a 1st option, but as a 3rd option behind Dwight and Melo you could see some success.

Black and White
06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
They wont actually improve by adding Melo unless they ditch Harden and use his cap space for a better fit.

Lin, Melo, Dwight, Harden, Parsons = too little consistency in the playoffs, too little IQ, and outside of Dwight too little defense.

Id swap Harden for Melo if Im the Rockets and use Harden's room for more complimentary depth. The "big 3" of harden melo dwight is far worse than Miamis big three and cant even compensate with superior depth. That team wont win shit.

Hardens cap room for a Ariza and a PF???

Cocaine80s
06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Its more from the angle of all 3 Texas teams beating Miami, would be interesting if it happened, I don't like Harden at all and they won't win with him as a 1st option, but as a 3rd option behind Dwight and Melo you could see some success.
the ****?:facepalm

Akrazotile
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM

Harden would be a horrendous third option bc the only thing he contributes is volume FT shooting. If hes not getting lots of touches he has negative value. Hed be a liability, especially at the money hes making.

Basketball is not just about adding as many guys with a shoe deal to one roster as you.

Rubio2Gasol
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Right now, their best player is someone who fundamentally does not understand basketball, and their second best player is a huge defensive liability who is unwilling/lacks the skills neccessary to adapt to what their best player wants to do.

But sign a next incongruent superstar, lets see what happens.

Akrazotile
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Hardens cap room for a Ariza and a PF???

Thats probably be a much better use of that money I would say, definitely. Melo, Ariza, Dwigt, Parsons, thatd be a core that looks like a good fit together. With some good bench depth they could be pretty solid. Only worry to me is that Melo is best when theres a strong, veteran PG to know when to take the ball out of his hands. Billups, Kidd etc. Kobe needed the same thing with Fisher.

I dont think Lin would be a great fit with that team even tho hes decent overall. Theyd be better off with a more experienced vet who distributes in that role.

Black and White
06-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Thats probably be a much better use of that money I would say, definitely. Melo, Ariza, Dwigt, Parsons, thatd be a core that looks like a good fit together. With some good bench depth they could be pretty solid. Only worry to me is that Melo is best when theres a strong, veteran PG to know when to take the ball out of his hands. Billups, Kidd etc. Kobe needed the same thing with Fisher.

I dont think Lin would be a great fit with that team even tho hes decent overall. Theyd be better off with a more experienced vet who distributes in that role.

Jameer Nelson?

Mr Exlax
06-23-2014, 09:19 PM
We have this head coach that doesn't make players play defense and let's them go all willy nilly on the court. We ain't winning shit till that's corrected.

SCdac
06-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Will they ever be better than they were under McGrady, Yao, and Van Gundy (great defensive team)?

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ming-McGrady.jpg

Milbuck
06-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Bunch of irresponsible, unambitious, complacent losers on that team. They talk championship aspirations, but don't have a fifth of the motivation, intensity, and two-way effort necessary for it unless someone berates them for it.

B-b-b-but it's completely up to the coach to make players try and play defense!

I'm not even sure Lebron could save that team.

zoom17
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Will they ever be better than they were under McGrady, Yao, and Van Gundy (great defensive team)?

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ming-McGrady.jpg

This pic makes me sad:cry:

Rubio2Gasol
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Also, will Howard be in jail next year on the statutory charge?

Fudge
06-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Damn right. If not Houston, OKC will.

Win-win for me.

j3lademaster
06-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Lin, Melo, Dwight, Harden, Parsons = too little offensive consistency in the playoffs, too little IQ, and outside of Dwight too little defense.

Id swap Harden for Melo if Im the Rockets and use Harden's room for more complimentary depth. The "big 3" of harden melo dwight is far worse than Miamis big three and cant even compensate with superior depth. That team wont win shit.HardenIS a negative impact in the playoffs. Until he puts in effort defensively and stops choking when games really matter this will always be the case. Get Melo, trade for a JJ Reddick type sg and this team has a shot, but keep Harden on that roster with McHale who enables his antics and enjoy your 1st round exits.

j3lademaster
06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Bunch of irresponsible, unambitious, complacent losers on that team. They talk championship aspirations, but don't have a fifth of the motivation, intensity, and two-way effort necessary for it unless someone berates them for it.

B-b-b-but it's completely up to the coach to make players try and play defense!

I'm not even sure Lebron could save that team.I really hope Dwight can shake this stigma someday. He seemed like he genuinely tried and did what he could to win against Portland. I thought he'd be the first to throw someone under the bus, but he kept playing D, grabbing boards and let Harden have the ball in iso situations (which is what his coach wanted).