PDA

View Full Version : Is the Lebron the most boring Superstar?

JohnMax
06-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Lebron is the only Superstar that is good at getting to the rim that I find boring. Other slashers are fun.

Warfan
06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
I liked watching him in cleveland, not as much now though...

Le Shaqtus
06-23-2014, 06:34 PM
He's a once in a life time talent and all time great, but he's incredibly boring to watch.

Kvnzhangyay
06-23-2014, 06:35 PM
What he does is incredible and effective, but its rather unflashy so yea he's really boring. Tim duncan is right up there for most boring however

COnDEMnED
06-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Who qualifies as a superstar? I would put Dwight on the list. CP3 lately too.

Rodmantheman
06-23-2014, 06:36 PM
I liked watching him in cleveland, not as much now though...

Lebron Cleveland Mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t461NyyIHI

Im so nba'd out
06-23-2014, 06:37 PM
nah your mother's tw*t is but i wouldn't call her a superstar shes more of a spark off the bench

masonanddixon
He's the SF equivalent of Shaq. He gets to the rim not because of skilled moves nor finesse, but due to brute strength and size.

GODbe
Of all time? Definitely. Only pleasing part of his game is the choking and the daily Ray bailout 3.

Im so nba'd out
06-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Of all time? Definitely. Only pleasing part of his game is the choking and the daily Ray bailout 3.
6/6 > 5/7

Fudge
06-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Definitely.

I've been saying this for quite some time now too. He was fun to watch in Cleveland, tho.

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2014, 06:40 PM

:facepalm at your avatar

Cocaine80s
Is Durant a superstar?

If he counts then it's definitely him. Free throws galore

outbreak
Most raw is probably a better statement. Guy still looks so awkward and raw whenever he does anything. He's effective and a great player but he hasn't refined his actions.

Warfan
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoW8JKgM3bc

That year especially in the playoffs was probably my favorite version of him

Gtfo if u think that's boring

jzek
06-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Durant is

tmacattack33
06-23-2014, 06:47 PM
He's probably the most exciting to watch for me since Pre-Injury Chris Paul.

There's nothing better than a player with amazing court vision who can also score.

It is no surprise that my favorites of all time are: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, T-mac, and Penny. And out of all the old legends I like watching Magic the best.

Fudge
06-23-2014, 06:50 PM

You really are a helmet-wearing goof, eh?

:biggums:

COnDEMnED
06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

But that was a third of a career ago.

Warfan
06-23-2014, 06:54 PM
You really are a helmet-wearing goof, eh?

:biggums:

Yessir, fudgepacker

Warfan
06-23-2014, 06:54 PM
But that was a third of a career ago.

Yeah that's why I said on the first page that I enjoyed him more in cleveland, seemed like some people were saying he was always boring...

JT123
06-23-2014, 06:59 PM
He's so boring that he is the only thing OP ever wants to make threads about. :lol

T_L_P
06-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Not in Cleveland.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 07:03 PM
His half-court game is pretty boring (albeit extremely effective), but in transition he and Westbrook are the most electrifying in the League.

Ne 1
06-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Yeah, LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. His passing is really the best looking thing about his game and even then sometimes he screws that up by passing first and then looking away trying to make it look like he threw a no-look pass. He has no moves. No mid-range game, no crossovers, no fade-aways, no catch and shoot off a screen, no jab steps, no fakes, no foot work, his jumper is inconsistent, no post up game, nothing at all. LeBron's game is basically iso, take a couple of dribbles, launch a 27-footer, or just bowl over dudes and get points.

When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like MJ, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws. Not to mention he cherry picks his shots probably more than anyone in the NBA.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-23-2014, 07:08 PM
He actually jab steps a lot. Excessively sometimes.

And no his game isn't "iso, take a couple of dribbles, launch a 27-footer, or just bowl over dudes and get points.". He plays nothing like that.

JT123
06-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, LeBron just looks clunky. He's a good slasher with GOAT finishing ability, but his finishes have no flair to them whatsoever. His passing is really the best looking thing about his game and even then sometimes he screws that up by passing first and then looking away trying to make it look like he threw a no-look pass. He has no moves. No mid-range game, no crossovers, no fade-aways, no catch and shoot off a screen, no jab steps, no fakes, no foot work, his jumper is inconsistent, no post up game, nothing at all. LeBron's game is basically iso, take a couple of dribbles, launch a 27-footer, or just bowl over dudes and get points.

When I think of aesthetically pleasing... I think of guys like MJ, Kobe, or prime T-Mac. Jordan for example...he swooped over and around people, slashed and used impeccable footwork.. he sliced up defenses, his first step was pretty amazing also, and his spins.. later in his career he relied on the turnaround fadeaway J which damn near always went in and was a thing of beauty. Bron just bulldozes his way to the basket/lane for layups or a dunk and runs into the other player and gets free throws. Not to mention he cherry picks his shots probably more than anyone in the NBA.
:facepalm For a guy with no post up game defenses sure do swarm to his side of the court when he does post up. :confusedshrug: He's also developed a nice looking Dirk like fadeaway, he just doesn't use it that much because he's capable of getting better shots. :rockon:

AnaheimLakers24
06-23-2014, 07:16 PM
ive fallen asleep during heat games

navy
06-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Definitely the most boring. Of all time maybe.

Dude has zero highlight plays

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Ok Ne 1. He isn't THAT untalented... and I hate LeBron:facepalm

#number6ix#
06-23-2014, 07:47 PM

It's all about buckets young fella

zoom17
06-23-2014, 07:48 PM

:rolleyes:

moe94
06-23-2014, 07:51 PM

That was complete nonsense. :rolleyes:

NBAplayoffs2001
06-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Also I'm laughing at you saying he has no post moves. HE was the most effective player in the post this season. Granted there aren't any of the post GOAT players in today's game like Hakeem.

COnDEMnED
06-23-2014, 07:57 PM
What about Shaq?

Lets face it.. whatever LeBron does you're going to criticize. If he develops a fadeaway you'll knock him for being less efficient. :facepalm
Shaq had his faults, but his persona on and off the court was anything but boring. Boring superstar doesn't have to be limited to just play style, it could be attitude too.

Shaq is polarizing as hell, Lebron not so much. But that's not necessarily a fault of Lebron. Hardly anyone has been on Shaq level in regards to that. Shaq was Shaq, Lebron threw ass powder in the air. Could you imagine Shaq throwing ass powder in the air? I can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnqv7YDQr8

moe94
06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Also I'm laughing at you saying he has no post moves. HE was the most effective player in the post this season. Granted there aren't any of the post GOAT players in today's game like Hakeem.

LeBron could save dude from a burning building and his response would be "why wasn't there slowmo as we exited the explosion?"

#number6ix#
06-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Shaq had his faults, but his persona on and off the court was anything but boring. Boring superstar doesn't have to be limited to just play style, it could be attitude too.

Shaq is polarizing as hell, Lebron not so much. But that's not necessarily a fault of Lebron. Hardly anyone has been on Shaq level in regards to that. Shaq was Shaq, Lebron threw ass powder in the air. Could you imagine Shaq throwing ass powder in the air? I can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnqv7YDQr8
:coleman:

zoom17
06-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Ne 1 exposed himself as a mindless hater lol

COnDEMnED
06-23-2014, 08:01 PM
:coleman:
Not when compared to Shaq he isn't.

tobethdope
06-23-2014, 08:02 PM
he certainly is, but he is the leagues best player and shudnt care and surprisingly it seems he doesn't, i have to give him that