PDA

View Full Version : if the Lakers sign both LeBron and Melo, will you be rooting for them to win the titl

jzek
06-24-2014, 02:17 PM
LeBron stans don't want Kobe to win another ring.
Kobe stans don't want LeBron to win another ring.
Everyone loves making fun of Melo for not winning anything.
Will the world end?

MavsSuperFan
06-24-2014, 02:19 PM
no, watching that much talent fail will be funny

Rubio2Gasol
06-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I want Melo to win one, but if he goes to L.A w/ Kobe and Bron....No.

-Lebron23-
06-24-2014, 02:22 PM
There would be epic endless discussions about who the alpha of that team is. Wins and losses would not matter anymore, it would be all about who performs better. Some fundamentalist stans would die in the process though as they find themselves rooting for their rivals by mistake.

AnaheimLakers24
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
it would be funny

AnaheimLakers24
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
no, watching that much talent fail will be funny
titles for la for days especially with jodie meeks

Kidbasketball20
06-24-2014, 02:25 PM
I would watch every single Lakers game if Kobe, LeBron, and Melo were forced to share one ball.

It'd end up being worse than the Dwight saga... even the Shaq/Kobe feud.

jstern
06-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Interesting topic, for the psychological, reaction of stans part of it.

I don't think they would win anything, but if they do with Lebron being the major reason, then I would still see the Kobe stans putting down everything Lebron did, hardcore. Similar to how they do with Gasol, but with more passion.

If something happens like Lebron averaging 35ppg in the Finals to Kobe's 7, and Kobe happens to hit a desperation over the back lucky shot with .5 seconds left in game 2, then for the stans it would be undeniable proof that Lebron would be nowhere without Kobe, he's the real MVP and passes the eye test. Lebron is lucky and gets bailed out. .5* rings in the series to Kobe's 1. Even if that 7ppg version of Kobe completely got carried and is incapable of leading any team to any champion, he would get a full ring and Lebron would get a .5*, 2.5/6.

The only real winners would be the real Lakers fan.

JellyBean
06-24-2014, 03:12 PM
LeBron stans don't want Kobe to win another ring.
Kobe stans don't want LeBron to win another ring.
Everyone loves making fun of Melo for not winning anything.
Will the world end?

As a Kobe fan, I am cool with LeBron winning another ring. To me, LeBron is the most complete basketball player. And winning multiple titles is only fitting to that kind of greatness. If LeBron joins the Lakers, along with Melo, and the Lakers win a title, it is all good. It helps Melo win his first, Kobe ties Jordan, and LeBron keeps adding to his legacy.

Cocaine80s
06-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Jordan stans meltdown if Kobe ends up with 7 rings :roll:

TheWalkman
06-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Jordan stans meltdown if Kobe ends up with 7 rings :roll:

Kobe will never play another playoff game in his career. :confusedshrug:

Beastmode88
06-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I want Melo to win one, but if he goes to L.A w/ Kobe and Bron....No.

Pretty much this. Win with a team not ring chasers.

HEAT111
06-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Mr. Jabbar will have a love and hate relationship :lol

SexSymbol
06-24-2014, 04:11 PM

I don't think they would win anything, but if they do with Lebron being the major reason, then I would still see the Kobe stans putting down everything Lebron did, hardcore. Similar to how they do with Gasol, but with more passion.

If something happens like Lebron averaging 35ppg in the Finals to Kobe's 7, and Kobe happens to hit a desperation over the back lucky shot with .5 seconds left in game 2, then for the stans it would be undeniable proof that Lebron would be nowhere without Kobe, he's the real MVP and passes the eye test. Lebron is lucky and gets bailed out. .5* rings in the series to Kobe's 1. Even if that 7ppg version of Kobe completely got carried and is incapable of leading any team to any champion, he would get a full ring and Lebron would get a .5*, 2.5/6.

7ppg -------- Kobe
choose one

Thunderfan86
06-24-2014, 04:17 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Flash31
06-24-2014, 04:56 PM
No I would still be a Heat fan

though the media will be LA 24/7-365,nobody else matters

The media would either say
MJ 6/6 so LeBron will never measure,sidekick,
carried by Mr clutch Kobe who'll be always better.
Theyd finally include Wilt in records so LeBron will come nowhere near that goalpost or use Bill Russell or Kareem.

or

They'll hype him up and protect him even more than MJ.
Theyll start criticizing MJ and bring out MJs faults.
Theyll proclaim LAL the land of GOAT,and where true winners are.
LJ would get KD ref treatment level on the court.

Kobe would be the Magic,West to LJ's
Kareem,Wilt.

And the stans would explode.
There'd be so so many Batman/Robin,Superman/Aquaman,
MJ/Pippen,Shaq/Kobe comparisons everywhere.

No other team would get even a tenth of the coverage.
Every other team would get SA spurs level of notice and
Mil levels of national coverage.

There won't be a Heat index.It'll be a LeBron/Kobe comparison 24/7.

Flash31
06-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Carmelo would be used against LJ
or

He'll be Aquaman in Superman/Batman/Aquaman comparisons
Theyll call him Horace or Melo Bosh

Carmelo will be Bosh levels of coverage

Itll be the LJ/Kobe show
And when it suits the media Melo will be
MR Clutch,The Closer,The Most Important Piece
like Bosh or
the 3rd fiddle,the Aquaman,Mr Horace,Marshmellow,
Softmelo like Bosh is used against/for
Wade/James

r0drig0lac
06-24-2014, 05:04 PM
There would be epic endless discussions about who the alpha of that team is. Wins and losses would not matter anymore, it would be all about who performs better. Some fundamentalist stans would die in the process though as they find themselves rooting for their rivals by mistake.
this, the world (ISH) as it is known now would end