PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely to Bust

Ass Dan
06-25-2014, 12:26 AM
I've got Exum and Vonleh. People are way too high (top five) on each and they really haven't proven much (especially Exum). There will be regrets that the likes of Randle and Gordon were on the board when these guys get taken, and if one goes ahead of Embiid and Joel gets well.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww shhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiit!

Smook A.
06-25-2014, 12:32 AM
I got Marcus Smart.

When teams forced him to the perimeter he didn't do well. His shot has always been a problem. If he doesn't fix it, he'll definitely end up being a bust. And in 2 seasons at Oklahoma State he never won a NCAA Tournament game.

Ass Dan
06-25-2014, 12:33 AM
I got Marcus Smart.

When teams forced him to the perimeter he didn't do well. His shot has always been a problem. If he doesn't fix it, he'll definitely end up being a bust. And in 2 season Oklahoma State he never won a NCAA Tournament game.

Yeah, I thought about him too, but lately his stock has been rising and I am starting to believe the hype.

The Dwyane Wade comp is weird to me though, why're people doing that?

Smook A.
06-25-2014, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I thought about him too, but lately his stock has been rising and I am starting to believe the hype.

Scouts are comparing him to D-Wade because of his size and ability to get to the rim. He's good at doing at. Other than that, he's pretty average or below-average at everything else.

D-Rose
06-25-2014, 12:40 AM
It has to be Exum. Scouts have barely seen him play. He's all mystery and upside.

Fudge
06-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Those are my choices too, Exum and Vonleh. LOL @ them being potential top 5 picks.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Exum scares me too. I mean, I'd risk taking him at #3~5, but he could easily be the biggest bust in the draft.

I think LaVine (some ppl got him going high for some reason) could also be a bust, obviously dependent on where he's drafted.

But how about some steals? I like James Young, Elfrid Payton, and Doug McDermott to be solid-to-really-good pros. Possibly any of the handful of Mich and Mich St guys, too.

Thunderfan86
06-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Me....in about 5 minutes :cheers:

Ass Dan
06-25-2014, 01:04 AM
Exum scares me too. I mean, I'd risk taking him at #3~5, but he could easily be the biggest bust in the draft.

I think LaVine (some ppl got him going high for some reason) could also be a bust, obviously dependent on where he's drafted.

But how about some steals? I like James Young, Elfrid Payton, and Doug McDermott to be solid-to-really-good pros. Possibly any of the handful of Mich and Mich St guys, too.

LaVine will drop to the twenties IMO and that is where guys of that pedigree should go.

I think Stauskas >>> McDermott, but hard to say because Dougie is so natural. Stauskas' stroke is just too buttery to pass on tho.

Mich and Mich St. guys are always tough (why I like Stauskas) and lil Dog and Harris might be nice too.

Payton is the trendy sleeper, but I have never seen him play so cannot say.

senelcoolidge
06-25-2014, 05:09 AM
Vonleh is a prospect, but I don't see him as a top 5 pick. I think Randle when it's all said and done will be disappointing.

TheMarkMadsen
06-25-2014, 05:25 AM
Hmmm nobody in the top 5 depending on if the top 5 doesn't have any huge surprises

ImKobe
06-25-2014, 05:33 AM

Size, the ability to drive, lack of shooting ability...of course Wade is much better at everything else from what I've seen of Smart.

Genaro
06-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Randle. Too short to play in the pros where he won't be able to bully people with his strength. I hope the Lakers don't take him but to be honest I don't like the other options as well and I don't think Embiid will be available at 7.

Yankstar
06-25-2014, 06:32 AM
Embiid will be the next Oden :cry:

BoutPractice
06-25-2014, 06:40 AM
If "bust" is relative to expectations, all 4 players in the top 4 are dangerously likely to bust, particularly Embiid (injuries) and Wiggins.

If "bust" means "bench player" or "doesn't even get to play in the league", then it's again Embiid (injuries... I have him here twice but I've been his biggest fan from day one, I think you should take the risk), Randle, Vonleh, LaVine, and McDermott.

Thorpesaurous
06-25-2014, 07:26 AM
There seems to be a weird situation where people love Exum and don't like Smart, or vice versa, and I'm not sure there's a huge difference between them. Apparently the thing we're missing on Exum is the interviews, apparently the guy has the total swag. He's allegedly super high end competitive. The other guy with that in this draft, perhaps to a fault, is Smart. And they're both plus size, pseudo point guards, who are reallygood but not truely explosive athletes. And neither can shoot.

I was super high on McDermott and had some questions about Stauskus, but I've come around on them too. You're getting comparable plus plus shooting, but Stauskus to me at least has size at a definable position that he can hopefully defend. I still think McDermott is underrated because his offensive game is so much more well rounded than I think people realize. But I'm not sure he can defend either forward position.

I still have faith, but if I had to bet on a bust I'd bet on Embiid's stress fracture injuries. But this isn't Sam Bowie 30 years ago. Things have come a long way. I'd still roll the dice with him at three or four. He's just got too big an upside.