PDA

View Full Version : How would Heat fans feel about LeBron if he left?

InfiniteBaskets
06-25-2014, 12:24 PM
I would not be bitter or resentful. We never drafted him, was his choice over his hometown four years ago. He also helped us get two rings, and four finals appearances. That's a lot more than what could be said if LeBron stayed in Cleveland in 2010 and we only had Wade, Bosh, and then say went out and got another borderline all-star.

The only outcome which would lead me to dislike LeBron a little bit is if:

Wade opts out, signs significantly cheaper, longer deal with Heat
Bosh opts out, signs cheaper deal with Heat.

LeBron leaves for some other team.

BasedTom
06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
It depends on how it went down. My feelings for it would be affected by if the Heat got anything out of it, and how he and Wade/Bosh handled the hypothetical situation.

I don't think Riley is a comic sans guy, but that's just me.

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 12:29 PM
I would not be bitter or resentful. We never drafted him, was his choice over his hometown four years ago. He also helped us get two rings, and four finals appearances. That's a lot more than what could be said if LeBron stayed in Cleveland in 2010 and we only had Wade, Bosh, and then say went out and got another borderline all-star.

The only outcome which would lead me to dislike LeBron a little bit is if:

Wade opts out, signs significantly cheaper, longer deal with Heat
Bosh opts out, signs cheaper deal with Heat.

LeBron leaves for some other team.

if all 3 opt-out then surely Lebron choosing another team will leave a bitter taste for us Heat fans. but, it wouldn't bother me too much if we can then use than money to draw in a formidable team.

Drummond
Bosh
Parson
Wade
Point Guard

and then fill out the bench.

if Lebron is really adamant about leaving, I do my best to get a sign and trade done with the Rockets for Asik, Lin and Parsons, then re-up the Wade/Bosh contracts.

Fudge
06-25-2014, 12:31 PM
if all 3 opt-out then surely Lebron choosing another team will leave a bitter taste for us Heat fans. but, it wouldn't bother me too much if we can then use than money to draw in a formidable team.

Drummond
Bosh
Parson
Wade
Point Guard

and then fill out the bench.

if Lebron is really adamant about leaving, I do my best to get a sign and trade done with the Rockets for Asik, Lin and Parsons, then re-up the Wade/Bosh contracts.
And how the hell would the Heat be able to do that? :oldlol: Guy is locked up with the Pistons for AT LEAST 5 more years.

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 12:32 PM
And how the hell would the Heat be able to do that? :oldlol: Guy is locked up with the Pistons for AT LEAST 5 more years.

sorry, meant Monroe :cheers:

crisoner
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
First off not a Heat fan....

Second I think all this stuff is hype and he probably will be staying.....

Third....glad to see what the OP said. LeBron gave you guys two rings.....can't hate on him what so ever.

Matter of fact...if LeBron does leave the team should STILL put a statue of him in from of the arena some day and retire number 6.

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 12:38 PM

Third....glad to see what the OP said. LeBron gave you guys two rings.....can't hate on him what so ever.

Matter of fact...if LeBron does leave the team should STILL put a statue of him in from of the arena some day and retire number 6.

depends on whether he leaves and if he chooses to retire as a Cavs or not...that'll determine the longstanding praise he may obtain. doubt any statue though, hang his jersey alongside Zo and Timmy, and eventually Wade

BasedTom
06-25-2014, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't disagree with any of this unless he flat out left in an openly disrespectful manner to the team and city.

Dan Marino and Michael Jordan have their jersey in the AAA...Lebron James is definitely having his up there unless he becomes the next OJ Simpson/Aaron Herndandez, and even then I'm not totally sure if it wouldn't ever happen.

Andrei89
06-25-2014, 12:39 PM
4 Finals and 2 cahmpionships.

Thank you Lebron, do whatever you want. Hope Dwyane Wade takes a paycut though, he is the Miami Heat, but I would hate to see him take 20 million of our space playing without knees.

Marchesk
06-25-2014, 12:40 PM

You wanna dis Wade like that?

Nuff Said
06-25-2014, 12:41 PM
He brought us a lot of excitement. We didn't draft him. It's all good if he leaves.

SpecialQue
06-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Four straight finals appearances. Any franchise would be fvcking thrilled to have that. I'm sure Heat fans would be disappointed he left but happy that he helped make their franchise the best in the world for that period of time.

madmax17
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
They would all write him a dear John letter.

AlphaWolf24
06-25-2014, 12:49 PM
What if he left and joined the Lakers???.....

SpecialQue
06-25-2014, 12:50 PM

:lebronamazed:

BasedTom
06-25-2014, 12:54 PM
ISH would explode

the dream scenario would be Kobe being traded straight up for Lebron (impossible, but bear with me.) The shitstorm would be legendary.

AlphaWolf24
06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
ISH would explode

the dream scenario would be Kobe being traded straight up for Lebron (impossible, but bear with me.) The shitstorm would be legendary.

true...

just curious how Miami fans would feel if LBJ left to LA to join the Lakers with Kobe?

Jasper
06-25-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd say chances are very remote .. but if he did ,, I'd still follow my fav player in D-Wade.

But my loyality still resides with my Bucks.

Peteballa
06-25-2014, 01:26 PM
1. I think he stays
2. Would still view him as by far our best player of all time, would still love the guy. Class act on and off the court. Wouldn't say a single negative thing about him, regardless of where he hypothetically would go.

BasedTom
06-25-2014, 01:27 PM
true...

just curious how Miami fans would feel if LBJ left to LA to join the Lakers with Kobe?
I'd put on my Wade jersey and laugh...and drink.

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 01:28 PM
true...

as a Miami fan...it's little to no impact to the Heat unless they meet in the finals. what would be fun is seeing Kobe relegated to his old self again (as under Shaq), 1b :D

AlphaWolf24
06-25-2014, 01:30 PM
as a Miami fan...it's little to no impact to the Heat unless they meet in the finals. what would be fun is seeing Kobe relegated to his old self again (as under Shaq), 1b :D

Hey if he put's up 14' Tim Duncan numbers :confusedshrug: ...he still gets credit:D

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Hey if he put's up 14' Tim Duncan numbers :confusedshrug: ...he still gets credit:D

you and I both know Kobe will not let another player outshine him...it's why the D12 scenario failed. much will be the same IF Lebron ever chose to sign with the Lakers

BasedTom
06-25-2014, 01:37 PM
you and I both know Kobe will not let another player outshine him...it's why the D12 scenario failed. much will be the same IF Lebron ever chose to sign with the Lakers
That was the one occasion in which Kobe was actually thinking about the benefit of the team as a whole. With Dwight Howard bricking FT's and getting destroyed by half the centers in the league, could you Blame Kobe for jacking up ridiculous shots in that scenario? He colluded with the wrong guy, and it was obvious by the end of the Pre-season that year.

crisoner
06-25-2014, 01:38 PM
You wanna dis Wade like that?
Wade is a no brainer

The statues they should have is of all three of them.

4 Finals in a row...2 Titles....

I know people are dissing them right now but come on...that's huge.

r15mohd
06-25-2014, 01:47 PM
That was the one occasion in which Kobe was actually thinking about the benefit of the team as a whole. With Dwight Howard bricking FT's and getting destroyed by half the centers in the league, could you Blame Kobe for jacking up ridiculous shots in that scenario? He colluded with the wrong guy, and it was obvious by the end of the Pre-season that year.

the one occasion...it lasted maybe 1-2 weeks?!? :biggums:

lol...if they fed the ball down low to D12 or Gasol first rather than Kobe go chucker-mode, the Lakers would of been pretty unstoppable. even with a 75-80% D12 at that. don't blame D12's free throws, it was known he sucked at them.

Kobe just couldn't relinquish being the 1a on the team for the better good of the team...he HAS to be 1a, it's the very reason many refer to him as "alpha". it's both a good and bad trait

AnaheimLakers24
06-25-2014, 01:48 PM
meltdowns just keep coming

JellyBean
06-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Hopefully Heat fans won't be too upset if LeBron leaves. The King took the team to another level and the fans should be cool. I still think that he stays in Miami and plays for the Heat. We will see.

Droid101
06-25-2014, 02:00 PM

lol...if they fed the ball down low to D12 or Gasol first rather than Kobe go chucker-mode, the Lakers would of been pretty unstoppable. even with a 75-80% D12 at that. don't blame D12's free throws, it was known he sucked at them.

Kobe just couldn't relinquish being the 1a on the team for the better good of the team...he HAS to be 1a, it's the very reason many refer to him as "alpha". it's both a good and bad trait
Uh... did you even watch that season?

Their starting point guard missed half the season, their bench point guard missed most of the season, their third string point guard missed a bunch of games, their backup center (Hill) missed the whole season. Dwight refused to run pick and rolls and wasn't 100% yet. Gasol was sitting on the three point line.

And this was Kobe's fault? **** you.

JellyBean
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Come on now. Be honest. During that season, especially those first 2-3 months, the Lakers made it priority to throw the ball into Gasol at the high post or Dwight on the block. By the time those two figured out what to do with the ball, the Lakers were down 10-12 points, and guess who had to bail them out? Yep, the man folks love to hate, Kobe.

Call him a chucker, that is okay. But remember, he is the leader of the Lakers. The face of the team. When things go wrong, he takes the blame. He mans up and you are correct, he is the alpha. It is a good and bad thing. I am just glad that Kobe does not shy away from that trait.