PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Make Tyronn Lue the Highest Paid Assistant Coach...Ever

Meticode
06-25-2014, 02:26 PM
:oldlol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavs-make-tyronn-lue-the-highest-paid-assistant-coach-in-nba-history-133311878.html

1~Gibson~1
06-25-2014, 02:30 PM
So now we have two head coaches. Great!

pastis
06-25-2014, 02:34 PM
damn, why cavs are doing this? lue has nothing to show, whats going on there in cleveland?

Ceterum censeo Miami Heat esse delendam

Meticode
06-25-2014, 02:36 PM
damn, why cavs are doing this? lue has nothing to show, whats going on there in cleveland?

Ummm, won two rings with the Lakers. Instills defense into the team, tenured under Doc Rivers for several years.

Blatt wanted him after speaking with him personally.

pastis
06-25-2014, 02:42 PM
rly?:confusedshrug: i only remember, that he had 1-2 good seasons in atlanta... but we will se what cavs are able to do next 2 years.

R.I.P.
06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
So now we have two head coaches. Great!

Yeah the Cavs are stupid as ****. This has huge blow up potential. They interview two people for the head coaching position and then make the loser of the process (a coaching rookie) the highest paid assistant coach to the winner.

-Lebron23-
06-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Well, coachers aren't exactly lining up to go to Cleveland so they either overpay to get what they want or take what nobody else wants. I applaud them for not settling on everybody's leftovers.

ZeN
06-25-2014, 02:58 PM
With that face he has no way he has he gravitas to gain respect.

Or not...

HylianNightmare
06-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Good for him

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Jesus Christ the Cavs are insane.

Still on the hook for Mike Brown and overpay for an assistant coach.:facepalm

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
:roll: @ finding a way to hate on this

JellyBean
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I am in the wrong profession. Holy Crap!! I can sit on the bench, chew gum, and point for that kind of money.

PleezeBelieve
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
You dudes and this Cleveland hate is beyond pathetic

Meticode
06-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Yeah the Cavs are stupid as ****. This has huge blow up potential. They interview two people for the head coaching position and then make the loser of the process (a coaching rookie) the highest paid assistant coach to the winner.
They interviewed or contacted actually 11 different people over the course of almost 40 days. You have no idea what you're talking about saying they interviewed 2 people. That in itself shows shows how ignorant you are when just last week the finally runny was Gentry, Lue and Blatt.

LoneyROY7
06-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Cleveland being Cleveland.

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Not sure I like the signal it sends to Blatt. Just hire a guy and already make it clear that we have your replacement sitting next to you on the bench.

I'll give Dan Gilbert one thing...he is not afraid to spend money.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Not sure I like the signal it sends to Blatt. Just hire a guy and already make it clear that we have your replacement sitting next to you on the bench.

I'll give Dan Gilbert one thing...he is not afraid to spend money.
Blatt was part of the hiring FYI. He spoke with Lue after he got head coach job and wanted Lue on board. At least, that's what Blatt portrayed in the press conference.

LoneyROY7
06-25-2014, 03:14 PM

You like Cleveland? You think it's cool?

I mean I've never heard anyone say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation.

dubeta
06-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Still waiting on Javale McGee to get his coaching gig

NuggetsFan
06-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Blatt was part of the hiring FYI. He spoke with Lue after he got head coach job and wanted Lue on board. At least, that's what Blatt portrayed in the press conference.

Like he'd come out and say he wanted no part of the guy sitting beside him. Could have played a huge part in it but we'll never truly know.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-25-2014, 03:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PxD4d4j.png

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Jesus Christ the Cavs are insane.

Still on the hook for Mike Brown and overpay for an assistant coach.:facepalm
Dan Gilbert doesn't give two sh1ts about money. That much is obvious. Do you know how rich this guy is?

Also, this was a decision made with Blatt on board, I'm hearing. It's not like they just decided to undermine the new coach.

I personally think it makes all the sense in the world. Lue seems like exactly the kind of guy who can get through to Irving and Waiters when it comes to giving effort on D.

bdreason
06-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Who cares what a coach gets paid? Especially an assistant coach? It doesn't count against the cap, and it isn't my money.

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Dan Gilbert doesn't give two sh1ts about money. That much is obvious. Do you know how rich this guy is?

Also, this was a decision made with Blatt on board, I'm hearing. It's not like they just decided to undermine the new coach.

I personally think it makes all the sense in the world. Lue seems like exactly the kind of guy who can get through to Irving and Waiters when it comes to giving effort on D.

Hope that is true but we will have to see. I'm more concerned about Gilbert's intention behind giving Lue that money. We already know that he is more than willing to fire a coach quickly and this is just another excuse for more turnover. I could easily see Cleveland having a down year and ending up with their 3rd HC in 3 years heading into 2016.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Hope that is true but we will have to see. I'm more concerned about Gilbert's intention behind giving Lue that money. We already know that he is more than willing to fire a coach quickly and this is just another excuse for more turnover. I could easily see Cleveland having a down year and ending up with their 3rd HC in 3 years heading into 2016.
That is actually a positive progression since technically this team has had 3 head coaches in less than two years now. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm not seeing this hiring as a bad sign. Lue has experience as an assistant coach and he has been pretty highly regarded in that capacity. That's what he'll be in Cleveland. He's a good enough communicator to get the stamp from Phil Jackson, who has floated his name several times as a coach he'd be interested in hiring down the road.

I'll be the first one to criticize the Cavs when they make a bone-headed move, but I thought they handled this coaching search really well. They interviewed dozens of people, picked what I believe is a really out-of-the-box, potentially brilliant hire, and now they've added a guy who is considered one of the best young assistants in the league to help with a team that has the second youngest roster in the entire NBA.

The mood among hardcore Cavs fans to this hire was unbridled enthusiasm. I guess I'm just not seeing the downside. :confusedshrug:

Seems like it has the potential to be a really good staff.

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey, it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong about something.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm not seeing this hiring as a bad sign. Lue has experience as an assistant coach and he has been pretty highly regarded in that capacity. That's what he'll be in Cleveland. He's a good enough communicator to get the stamp from Phil Jackson, who has floated his name several times as a coach he'd be interested in hiring down the road.

I'll be the first one to criticize the Cavs when they make a bone-headed move, but I thought they handled this coaching search really well. They interviewed dozens of people, picked what I believe is a really out-of-the-box, potentially brilliant hire, and now they've added a guy who is considered one of the best young assistants in the league to help with a team that has the second youngest roster in the entire NBA.

The mood among hardcore Cavs fans to this hire was unbridled enthusiasm. I guess I'm just not seeing the downside. :confusedshrug:

Seems like it has the potential to be a really good staff.
Except you weren't when the Cavs rehired Mike Brown. :coleman: Also supporting the move for a large part of the season when most people including me felt it was a stupid ass move.

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Except you weren't when the Cavs rehired Mike Brown. :coleman:
I still think Mike Brown gets a bad rap in general, however I did criticize the Cavs for not doing any other interviews. It was ridiculous to do one interview and hire a guy.

That's why I was pleased with the way they went about things this time around.

...I also love the Blatt hire much more than I ever did Mike Brown, for the record.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 04:45 PM
That's why I was pleased with the way they went about things this time around.

...I also love the Blatt hire much more than I ever did Mike Brown, for the record.
True that. :cheers:

moe94
06-25-2014, 05:06 PM

Irony?