PDA

View Full Version : Magic may try to sign Isaiah Thomas

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 03:26 PM
http://sportsglory.com/nba/magic-may-try-sign-isaiah-thomas/21734
Put up 20/3/6 last year. Don't know too much about him. I really don't like small guards though.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Hes better than Kyrie TBH
Orlando will need to get a strong defensive wing tho since hes ass on defense

RoundMoundOfReb
06-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Named after Jameer Nelson but doesn't like small guards...

Jailblazers7
06-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Don't think I like pairing him with Dipo but I really like the signing if they intend to use him as their 6th man.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Small guard who's bad on D? Noooo thanks...

Smook A.
06-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Don't let the height fool you. The guy knows how to play basketball.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Don't think I like pairing him with Dipo but I really like the signing if they intend to use him as their 6th man.
6th man would be fine, but pairing him with Dipo we'd have no height in our backcourt.

Johnny Jones
06-25-2014, 03:38 PM
:lol

IT had two other people putting up 20+. Kyrie had to face double teams night in and night out.

outbreak
06-25-2014, 03:41 PM
If we keep jameer for now he's a great 6tg man. I like his game

Levity
06-25-2014, 03:45 PM
IT is going to command starters money from someone. So if the magic pay him that much to be a 6th man, it's a bad move. (And he'd be visibly upset about coming off the bench again, in my opinion)

But I agree, his best role would be instant offense off thr bench. And his defense insnt as bad as it's being said in here. He plays passing lanes very well, and can stay in front of his man

Meticode
06-25-2014, 03:46 PM
I think Kyrie is slightly better, even after the regression of Irving last year. They have two different roles too, so it's hared to compare them right now at this early stage of their career considering Irving is the main scoring threat for the Cavs and is focused upon and the Kings scoring thread is Cousins which relieves pressure off Thomas.

What you're basically saying is if the Cavs wanted to trade Irving for Thomas straight up you wouldn't do it. When you think about it in that context, it sounds almost ridiculous.

COnDEMnED
06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Isaiah Thomas wishes for an offer sheet from the Los Angeles Lakers
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/24/isaiah-thomas-hoping-for-free-agency-offer-from-los-angeles-lakers/

Insert any funny Orlando/Lakers past history here --->

Le Shaqtus
06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Don't know much about Thomas, he put up good stats on a bad team and that's all I know.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 03:50 PM
If we keep jameer for now he's a great 6tg man. I like his game

Thomas would be the starter.

Why would the Magic pick up the option on Jameer?

Well, I guess they could trade him to a team that might not mind paying the tax for a veteran pg or something.

I like the combo of Thomas and Oladipo.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Thomas would be the starter.

Why would the Magic pick up the option on Jameer?

Well, I guess they could trade him to a team that might not mind paying the tax for a veteran pg or something.

I like the combo of Thomas and Oladipo.
because he's like the only vet on this team. +locker room leader

Fiddlesticks
06-25-2014, 03:54 PM
Small guard who's bad on D? Noooo thanks...
I agree, I wouldn't want Jameer Nelson on my team either.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 04:01 PM
because he's like the only vet on this team. +locker room leader

okay...but you don't start him or not get a guy like Thomas because of that.

The Magic, regardless, will be bad next year anyway...they need to trade Afflalo as soon as possible. They should have moved at the deadline last year, but whatever.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 04:05 PM
no. they shouldn't have. they will be getting more from afflalo this year than they would have. thomas isn't worth what he wants, and if we get exum he sure as hell isn't worth what he wants to us. jameer will stay unless a good trade offer comes.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 04:09 PM
no. they shouldn't have. they will be getting more from afflalo this year than they would have. thomas isn't worth what he wants, and if we get exum he sure as hell isn't worth what he wants to us. jameer will stay unless a good trade offer comes.

what good is afflalo?

he's adding wins to a team that wants to be bad...Afflalo had a EWA of 7.1 this year.

Maybe if the Magic lost 7 more games they would have won the lottery. Who knows...the point is that you don't mess with this shit.

Now the Magic are trying to trade Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 for the first pick that they might already ****ing have if they had moved Afflalo when they should have.

It's just shit team management unless you guys are going to extend Afflalo at like 12 million a year (which would be retarded)...

All you are doing is allowing Afflalo to add wins to your team that doesn't want to win...and drive up his value...and if you don't trade him...it's just straight up stupid

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 04:15 PM
what good is afflalo?

he's adding wins to a team that wants to be bad...Afflalo had a EWA of 7.1 this year.

Maybe if the Magic lost 7 more games they would have won the lottery. Who knows...the point is that you don't mess with this shit.

Now the Magic are trying to trade Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 for the first pick that they might already ****ing have if they had moved Afflalo when they should have.

It's just shit team management unless you guys are going to extend Afflalo at like 12 million a year (which would be retarded)...

All you are doing is allowing Afflalo to add wins to your team that doesn't want to win...and drive up his value...and if you don't trade him...it's just straight up stupid
what if what if what if. that's what your basing your opinion on. what if. afflalo didn't win us 7 more games. we tanked the whole year and STILL ended up with 4. what if. we weren't going to outtank philly or milwaukee. that much is guaranteed. the bottom line is that aa is can now either net us a #1 or another lottery pick. if we don't trade up we'll be sitting pretty with #4, #9, #12. THAT is guaranteed.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 04:18 PM
and also lol @ calling it shit team management. the fact that u think afflalo won us 7 more games show u didn't watch the team.

Johnny Jones
06-25-2014, 04:18 PM
what good is afflalo?

The Magic would have not been worse than either the Bucks or Sixers :facepalm :facepalm

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 04:19 PM
The Magic would have not been worse than either the Bucks or Sixers :facepalm :facepalm
even if they were NEITHER won the lottery this year. so what he's saying is bullshit.

Miles and Miles
06-25-2014, 06:18 PM
He will always be underrated because of his height. I am SO sick of hearing "he should be a 6th man". He should be a starter and proved that last year. Hopefully the Kings can hold on to him.

qrich
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
He will always be underrated because of his height. I am SO sick of hearing "he should be a 6th man". He should be a starter and proved that last year. Hopefully the Kings can hold on to him.

His lack of any sort of defense really hurts him, and being a bench spark is his best fit. Has nothing to do with height, but rather playing style. Dude is a change of pace guard, not a starting guard.

Miles and Miles
06-25-2014, 06:27 PM
There isn't ONE player on the Kings that can play D and that doesn't help him.

outbreak
06-25-2014, 06:27 PM

I agree he can start on some teams but he needs the right line up around him to make up for his defence and lack of size.

Clyde
06-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Total defensive liability.

Just when I thought we'd could get rid of Nelson, they think of bringing in smaller nelson

:facepalm

Real14
06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Isaiah thomas don't wanna go to no damn orlando tho.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 07:55 PM
what if what if what if. that's what your basing your opinion on. what if. afflalo didn't win us 7 more games. we tanked the whole year and STILL ended up with 4. what if. we weren't going to outtank philly or milwaukee. that much is guaranteed. the bottom line is that aa is can now either net us a #1 or another lottery pick. if we don't trade up we'll be sitting pretty with #4, #9, #12. THAT is guaranteed.

What?

Where is the 9 coming from?

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 07:57 PM

Afflalo had a 7.1 EWA this year. The Magic finished 4 games better than the Sixers and 8 games better than the bucks.

Again...why trade him now? What is the point of waiting? His value was just as high after the early part of the year.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 07:58 PM
http://sportsglory.com/nba/magic-may-try-sign-isaiah-thomas/21734
Put up 20/3/6 last year. Don't know too much about him. I really don't like small guards though.
I almost spit my drink out reading this considering your a Jameer Nelson fan through and through.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Afflalo had a 7.1 EWA this year. The Magic finished 4 games better than the Sixers and 8 games better than the bucks.

Again...why trade him now? What is the point of waiting? His value was just as high after the early part of the year.
because there are more offers now. hennigan did the right thing. also i watched my team. we weren't going to outtank the bucks OR sixers. if they needed to lose more games than they would have.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I almost spit my drink out reading this considering your a Jameer Nelson fan through and through.
only small guard i like. + he's a childhood favorite.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:00 PM
because there are more offers now. hennigan did the right thing. also i watched my team. we weren't going to outtank the bucks OR sixers. if they needed to lose more games than they would have.

well, you at least agree that they should trade him now...right?

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:01 PM
well, you at least agree that they should trade him now...right?
of course. a lottery pick/trade up to #1 is much more valuable than a one year rental of AA.

Real14
06-25-2014, 08:02 PM
He's fake just like him being 16 years old.

Meticode
06-25-2014, 08:03 PM
He's fake just like him being 16 years old.
I give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't have the energy to go online and decipher who is hiding behind a persona or not.

MC Gusto
06-25-2014, 08:08 PM
what good is afflalo?

How, when the Cavs jumped all the way from 9 to win the lottery?

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Hennigan said in his presser that we want to play in more meaningful game next season. Playoffs confirmed baby

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:13 PM
How, when the Cavs jumped all the way from 9 to win the lottery?

You never know what can happen...that is the point. Maybe the Cavs don't luck out if the magic have better odds. You do the best you can with the cards you are dealt...and the Magic didn't do that. They played Afflalo and Nelson the most minutes on the team. WhY???? Why would you do that if you want the first pick and are willing to give up what is essentially the 4th pick and two lottery picks (afflalo is worth a lottery pick)??? It makes no sense at all. They should have tried to move them both and let their younger players get more burn. You don't need Jameer adding 3.1 wins to a team he has no future on.

Don't you think it's a little silly that they are now trying to trade Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 to get the 1st pick????

Why not just go all out trying to get the first pick then to begin with? Why play Afflalo so much to add wins and then not trade him at his peak value early on in the season?

Jesus...these teams just don't get it.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:15 PM
You never know what can happen...that is the point.

Don't you think it's a little silly that they are now trying to trade Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 to get the 1st pick????

Why not just go all out trying to get the first pick then to begin with? Why play Afflalo so much to add wins and then not trade him at his peak value early on in the season?

Jesus...these teams just don't get it.
u still do not understand this.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:19 PM
u still do not understand this.

Great argument.

Yes...lets play Afflalo and Nelson...two players with no future on the team the most minutes and add 10.2 wins to our team when we are dying to get the 1st pick apparently and are willing to give up Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 for it.

Just retarded.

Both could have been moved for assets as well.

Makes no sense

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Great argument.

Yes...lets play Afflalo and Nelson...two players with no future on the team the most minutes and add 10.2 wins to our team when we are dying to get the 1st pick apparently and are willing to give up Afflalo, the 4, and the 12 for it.

Just retarded.

Makes no sense
Ever wonder why we played them so much? Maybe... just maybe to bring their value up to certain teams. We weren't getting these offers we were getting for AA in the beginning of the season or the last season. If you think Jameer and AA added 10 wins to this team then this argument ends here because you don't know what you're talking about.

Real14
06-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Great argument.

Just retarded.

Makes no sense
:applause:

Johnny Jones
06-25-2014, 08:26 PM
You never know what can happen...that is the point. Maybe the Cavs don't luck out if the magic have better odds. You do the best you can with the cards you are dealt...and the Magic didn't do that. They played Afflalo and Nelson the most minutes on the team. WhY???? Why would you do that if you want the first pick and are willing to give up what is essentially the 4th pick and two lottery picks (afflalo is worth a lottery pick)??? It makes no sense at all. They should have tried to move them both and let their younger players get more burn. You don't need Jameer adding 3.1 wins to a team he has no future on.

Jesus...these teams just don't get it.What if the Magic won the lottery instead of the Cavs? Since we're playing the what if game and all.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:28 PM
What if the Magic won the lottery instead of the Cavs? Since we're playing the what if game and all.
this. he's basing this off a huge "well maybe this happens" opinion. when we were likely going to have the same odds. the team with a 2% chance to win the lottery won it. there's nothing the magic can do about that. since we kept aa though we have a chance to go to #1 or get ANOTHER top 10 lottery pick. Hennigan knows what the hell he is doing.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:32 PM
this. he's basing this off a huge "well maybe this happens" opinion. when we were likely going to have the same odds. the team with a 2% chance to win the lottery won it. there's nothing the magic can do about that. since we kept aa though we have a chance to go to #1 or get ANOTHER top 10 lottery pick. Hennigan knows what the hell he is doing.

it's not results oriented.

It's the plan.

why not lose as much as possible and not add meaningless wins if you are going to trade afflalo, the 4, and the 12 to get the 1 anyway? Also, 2% actually is huge. That matters.

You could have easily had a worse record than the Sixers. Afflalo and Nelson combined to add 10.2 wins!

It doesn't make sense to do that. You don't play those guys that much!

It's not rocket science. You give yourself the best odds to get what you want. The Magic simply did not do that.

Both Afflalo and Nelson could have been moved for assets and they would have had a better chance landing the top pick.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:33 PM
What if the Magic won the lottery instead of the Cavs? Since we're playing the what if game and all.

My plan gives them a better chance.

Your plan...well...don't think there was a plan other than to allow Nelson and Afflalo to play a shit ton of minutes and add wins to a team that was looking to get the first pick.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:36 PM
it's not results oriented.

It's the plan.

why not lose as much as possible and not add meaningless wins if you are going to trade afflalo, the 4, and the 12 to get the 1 anyway? Also, 2% actually is huge. That matters.

You could have easily had a worse record than the Sixers. Afflalo and Nelson combined to add 10.2 wins!

It doesn't make sense to do that. You don't play those guys that much!

It's not rocket science. You give yourself the best odds to get what you want. The Magic simply did not do that.

Both Afflalo and Nelson could have been moved for assets and they would have had a better chance landing the top pick.
if the sixers wanted to lose more games than they would have. i can guarantee you that. it isn't that simple. u keep saying AA and Jameer added 10 wins. they didn't. i have no idea what the hell you are talking about. the offers we are getting now for aa are much better than the offers being talked about before (lamb + late ass pick). u don't seem to understand this. like i'm literally spelling it out for you. if we're in a better situation now then how did henni screw up? he knows what he's doing. more than some random ass messageboard poster.

longtime lurker
06-25-2014, 08:36 PM
I wonder if this means the Magic are drafting Vonleh. Means Exum/Smart could slip to the Lakers :rockon:

Oh and this is a retarded idea for the Magic. They already have Oladipo, Nelson and they might draft Smart or Exum....

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:37 PM
My plan gives them a better chance.

Your plan...well...don't think there was a plan other than to allow Nelson and Afflalo to play a shit ton of minutes and add wins to a team that was looking to get the first pick.

if the sixers wanted to lose more games than they sure as hell would have. u don't seem to understand that point either.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:44 PM
if the sixers wanted to lose more games than they would have. i can guarantee you that. it isn't that simple. u keep saying AA and Jameer added 10 wins. they didn't. i have no idea what the hell you are talking about. the offers we are getting now for aa are much better than the offers being talked about before (lamb + late ass pick). u don't seem to understand this. like i'm literally spelling it out for you. if we're in a better situation now then how did henni screw up? he knows what he's doing. more than some random ass messageboard poster.

i'm using EWA for the players. And Afflalo/Nelson definitely added wins.

Dude...you won 4 more games than the Sixers. Stop acting like it's impossible to lose 7 to 10 more games.

Totally possible and you can't guarantee shit.

Lamb, the 21st pick, and Thabo's expiring contract.

Yea...that offer is better than just the 11th pick in my opinion. But did the Magic really explore what was out there? No takers for a two way sg with another year left on the contract?

Now, a team actually does only get a 1 year rental. Now, a team like the Thunder probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that trade unless they are assured of keeping him and that's likely impossible.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to just randomly claim that the Magic couldn't have lost more than the Sixers.

You are accusing me of talking about the magic potentially getting a better pick???? But you get to make a definitive claim about what the Magic and Sixers are capable of?????

Sorry, just no...you aren't in a better position right now than you would have been if you had moved Affllalo and Nelson.

It's so ****ing obvious.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:47 PM
i'm using EWA for the players. And Afflalo/Nelson definitely added wins.

Dude...you won 4 more games than the Sixers. Stop acting like it's impossible to lose 7 to 10 more games.

Totally possible and you can't guarantee shit.

Lamb, the 21st pick, and Thabo's expiring contract.

Yea...that offer is better than just the 11th pick in my opinion. But did the Magic really explore what was out there? No takers for a two way sg with another year left on the contract?

Now, a team actually does only get a 1 year rental. Now, a team like the Thunder probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that trade unless they are assured of keeping him and that's likely impossible.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to just randomly claim that the Magic couldn't have lost more than the Sixers.

You are accusing me of talking about the magic potentially getting a better pick???? But you get to make a definitive claim about what the Magic and Sixers are capable of?????

Sorry, just no...you aren't in a better position right now than you would have been if you had moved Affllalo and Nelson.

It's so ****ing obvious.
:oldlol: yeah. i'm done. you're way too conceited and you've got your head too far up your ass.

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:50 PM
:oldlol: yeah. i'm done. you're way too conceited and you've got your head too far up your ass.

Yea. No arguments as usual.

Lamb, 21, and Thabo's expiring contract is absolutely on par with the 11th pick in this draft.

What the **** are you on?

Also, stop saying you know the Sixers would have for sure finished with a worse record. You don't know that! Agreed?

DMAVS41
06-25-2014, 08:55 PM
I wonder if this means the Magic are drafting Vonleh. Means Exum/Smart could slip to the Lakers :rockon:

Oh and this is a retarded idea for the Magic. They already have Oladipo, Nelson and they might draft Smart or Exum....

Nelson is not in the future. They should have moved him to a contender last year for anything to just lose more to begin with.

You absolutely don't draft around Nelson. He's meaningless.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 08:56 PM

smart might exum won't.

Jameerthefear
06-25-2014, 09:01 PM
we might have the smallest backcourt in the league if this went down.

Real14
06-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Nelson is not in the future. They should have moved him to a contender last year for anything to just lose more to begin with.

You absolutely don't draft around Nelson. He's meaningless.
:applause:

hawksdogsbraves
06-25-2014, 09:13 PM
It just really sucks for Orlando that Embiid got hurt. Exum was perfect for them.

I also think there's a good chance Exum ends up the best player from this draft after hearing more and more about him.

andremiller07
06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Please sign him so the Kings don't

JohnFreeman
06-25-2014, 10:51 PM
I really want to keep Thomas, but I am not sure $8 million or whatever is worth it

andremiller07
06-25-2014, 10:53 PM
I really want to keep Thomas, but I am not sure $8 million or whatever is worth it
He worth 4million max at that size and playing only one end of the floor.

JohnFreeman
06-25-2014, 10:54 PM
He worth 4million max at that size and playing only one end of the floor.
Yeah, I think his passing is a little overrated as well. Hopefully McCallum will be good

andremiller07
06-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I think his passing is a little overrated as well. Hopefully McCallum will be good
What passing? He's a score first PG his passing is limited at best, John Salmons was a better playmaker in terms of passing.

JohnFreeman
06-25-2014, 10:57 PM
What passing? He's a score first PG his passing is limited at best, John Salmons was a better playmaker in terms of passing.
Exactly why he is overrated. People think he was some great passer. We need someone to run the PnR with Cousins